Chapter Tower of God Chapter 539 Spoilers & Discussion

Do you think it's better for Baam to work under Traumerei or to stay with FUG?

  • Baam becoming a Lo Po Bia is better

    Votes: 16 14.3%
  • Staying with FUG is better

    Votes: 60 53.6%
  • Equally bad

    Votes: 36 32.1%

  • Total voters
    112
  • Poll closed .

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
But by that point the relationship is already well-solidified. And in the absence of children Rei has lives to hang over Baam's head, including his own. It's not even the focus here. His goal is a marriage. That act makes him 'his own'.
 

aidkim

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2022
Messages
249
Reaction score
437
Age
24
Country
Germany
Yeah, that is actually a quite interesting point. Seems like they were confident for some reason that they had a chance. We can’t really make educated guesses on V’s behavior and mindset with how little we know, but him risking himself is a possibility.

Or Arlene did know a way, I wouldn’t put it past her. After all, she wanted to continue climbing, said Jahad was blinded by falsehoods, found a way out of the Tower & got her baby resurrected by a god. Doesn’t seem like someone who can be underestimated.
True, it might have been a move made out of desperation though. Her leaving the tower is more believable than circumventing the king contract backed by admin power to me.

We don't know what those falsehoods were and why Arlene and V were so opposed to stop climbing. Arlene and V might have been desperate enough to wing it.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's impossible to escape without Traumerei's approval so Baam will need to convince him somehow, whether by accepting his proposal or find another way out through words. That's the only way.
That or Gustang shows up and blows the whole situation up.

Though I sort of hope not because I just love the idea of Baam being in a situation he can't punch his way out of. Characters talking is so much more exciting to me than characters fighting right now.

Speaking of exciting the way Traumerei's dialogue suggested a future where the 10 families all have a different stances on Baam and where that whole side of things is expanded is so exciting to me. That is a future I'm into in a way I never was for FUG vs the 10 Familes because there is so much more room to do interesting things there, IMO.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
True, it might have been a move made out of desperation though. Her leaving the tower is more believable than circumventing the king contract backed by admin power to me.
To me I think it's the exact opposite - leaving the tower sounds like a near-impossibility, while contracts already have holes in them (see what's going on with YHS and Bloodmadder).

I realize I'm in the minority in thinking she killed herself though, and the technical canon is simply she got out, literally not figuratively.
 

aidkim

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2022
Messages
249
Reaction score
437
Age
24
Country
Germany
But he's ALREADY said he's going to take hostages long before kids are even conceived. And he's literally holding a gun to his head. That's just... extra.



Still, it could only be as strong as any other elite princess... Adori or Enne at the most. Baam himself is more valuable if he can use him as a weapon.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And that's the other thing. All Rei needs is a vial of Baam's blood or him to, ahem, express himself into a cup. He doesn't even need Baam to bang a daughter.

He can ALREADY do that himself.
Yes, thats why I think Rei is trying to offer some kind of deal that is also kind of OK for Baam. Rei can just nuke everything and take Baam away if what he wants is some DNA to breed.(blackmail kind of ruins it tho.)

Baam getting into the Lo Po Bia family and being 'protected by Rei is way better than whatever the fuck FUG can offer. If there was nothing about blackmail before this chapter, it would honestly be better for Baam to take this, build connections in the family/get another perspective and get stronger. FUG needs to take him back anyway. They can't really say no to the guy with 2 thorns.

Would be pretty cool if not for blackmail part 23.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I think Traumerei plans what FUG did in season 1.He will allow Baam's friends to leave as long as Baam stays with his family.But if in future Baam escapes then he will send people to muder his friends.Also by marrying and having children he will be getting more and more leverage upon Baam.More hostages like Jinsung once said.


Though heavy chance Gustang arrives to interrupt his plans.
 

aidkim

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2022
Messages
249
Reaction score
437
Age
24
Country
Germany
To me I think it's the exact opposite - leaving the tower sounds like a near-impossibility, while contracts already have holes in them (see what's going on with YHS and Bloodmadder).

I realize I'm in the minority in thinking she killed herself though, and the technical canon is simply she got out, literally not figuratively.
It depends if the admins actively enforce no one leaving the tower or if Arlene just needed to find a way with her spells. It's not like after entering, the 13GW tried to actively leave. The workshop also has connections to the outside if I'm not mistaken.

Her killing herself sounds pretty cool imo. Maybe a sacrifice to the outside god?
 

Brian Taboada

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2017
Messages
798
Reaction score
578
Country
United States
To me I think it's the exact opposite - leaving the tower sounds like a near-impossibility, while contracts already have holes in them (see what's going on with YHS and Bloodmadder).

I realize I'm in the minority in thinking she killed herself though, and the technical canon is simply she got out, literally not figuratively.
I think she killed herself as well. If she was still alive, I am sure Baam would have met her.

I know YHS knows something about the contracts. Seems like a fair amount of conjecture on here. Is there anything actually known for what YHS knows?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,334
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, read the Edited Manga.

I suppose it makes sense but traumerei was not even using shinwonryu up to now. Stressing the point of how absurdly little he has been trying so far. I go back to the point I made a few chapters ago... Traumerei made more of an effort to alter the lighting in his room than he did to deal with yama or yaratcha.

The anima abilities he threatened the entire nest with are actually more or less in line with what I thought he coud do... Just swarm the entire place with shineuh that even powerful high rankers are helpless to deal with instantly. Still not sure of what all creature is supposed to be. A bowl made out of shinsoo? I suppose it would make sense if traumerei can make a bowl out of shinsoo and keep his creatures there... Though a bowl is a bit of a lackluster attribute as far as I can tell since it's not exactly a weapon. It just holds weapons, sort of. Then again an anima shinsoo attribute also seems weird.

I think a lot of this chapters plays into trauemrei's selective memory. To me its a hard sell that zahard would be ok with letting bam live, him breeding with princesses... Or traumerei just making a move to get bam.

I can get that bam would be just surprised at literally everything that just happened but you'd think SIU would think of slightly more dialogue than bam going "pardon" at literally everything that was said.

Traumerei: ACCEPT MY WAIFUS!
Bam: No. I can barely handle the waifus I already have.
Traumerei: But mine are most excellent.
Bam: Bitch I have motherfucking androsi in my harem.
Traumerei: I have twins.
bam: Dude I have a hwa ryun. My harem even has a lpb girl already.
Traumerei: You can have the spidergirl if you join me. legs for days.
Bam: Dude, I don't need your waifus. I can't barely track the ones I already have. Where the fuck even is yihwa?
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
It depends if the admins actively enforce no one leaving the tower or if Arlene just needed to find a way with her spells. It's not like after entering, the 13GW tried to actively leave. The workshop also has connections to the outside if I'm not mistaken.

Her killing herself sounds pretty cool imo. Maybe a sacrifice to the outside god?
I think Baam was the offering, but maybe her life for Baam's idk. It's certainly speculation at this point.

Counterpoint is WingTree, and Urek HAVE been looking to get out, to no avail it seems.

I think she killed herself as well. If she was still alive, I am sure Baam would have met her.

I know YHS knows something about the contracts. Seems like a fair amount of conjecture on here. Is there anything actually known for what YHS knows?
It's all guesswork at this point unless I really missed something important. Made a thread about how it might go with YHS because I believe that is going to be super-key moving forward.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
What I take is for the tower of god universe that baam is not merely some people for traum like wang wang or his children or anyone else who born inside tower, even traum knows that in this chapter.

For different perspective it's like traum wants something more than just son from baam, maybe it's just like traum wants baam as his arsenal to put his family better position in the war that can be occurs in possible war that will happen if the balance of the tower throw off further advance to go down.
This i think is his motive.As i said many times no group in the Tower can boast that they have two Irregulars.But Traumerei will able to do that if Baam joins his family.Sooner or later Baam will reach Family Head level,so in any furture war against families Lo Po Bia will have an upper hand because they will have two family head tier warriors.But all this depends upon only if he is successful in blackmailing Baam.
 

PlotArmouredTitan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2019
Messages
1,606
Reaction score
3,460
Age
27
Country
Nigeria
Besides, V’s suicide note says “return to your companions”, so their relationship couldn’t have been too bad. I think a lot of it can be boiled down to being a political conflict between the whole group - like we see it happening right now.
I don't know about the other GWs but by the time V killed himself, the relationship with Z was down in the dumps.

Arlene was going insane from watching Z brutally murder baby Baam. That's almost enough to dislike anyone who would side with him regardless.
 

aidkim

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2022
Messages
249
Reaction score
437
Age
24
Country
Germany
Though I sort of hope not because I just love the idea of Baam being in a situation he can't punch his way out of. Characters talking is so much more exciting to me than characters fighting right now.

Yeah, Baam could always do the "I am discovering more of my power" thing before now. I don't think anything but offering himself to the sun would get him away from Rei. Him actually having to try and think his way out of a situation is refreshing.

Counterpoint is WingTree, and Urek HAVE been looking to get out, to no avail it seems.
Point, but they aren't spellcaster Arlene. She might have just been that brilliant.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,334
Reaction score
24,941
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think the family heads know the way out of the tower. The family heads are not exactly fans of urek... If they could get rid of him by having him simply walk the heck out of the tower I would guess they would already have done that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This i think is his motive.As i said many times no group in the Tower can boast that they have two Irregulars.But Traumerei will able to do that if Baam joins his family.Sooner or later Baam will reach Family Head level,so in any furture war against families Lo Po Bia will have an upper hand because they will have two family head tier warriors.But all this depends upon only if he is successful in blackmailing Baam.
There's a pretty good chance that hana's relative illarde is an irregular though.
 

Yelnats

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2020
Messages
2,285
Reaction score
2,374
Age
36
Country
Indonesia
Still not sure of what all creature is supposed to be. A bowl made out of shinsoo? I suppose it would make sense if traumerei can make a bowl out of shinsoo and keep his creatures there...
I think Traum is using shinworyu with his shinsoo shape and quality which took form of divine beast.
 

King Dryst

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
6,456
Reaction score
10,910
Country
Cobra
I don't think the family heads know the way out of the tower. The family heads are not exactly fans of urek... If they could get rid of him by having him simply walk the heck out of the tower I would guess they would already have done that.
Gustang apparently knows but he's not telling. Maybe he plans to leverage the knowledge in exchange for something big out of Urek at the right time.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Gustang apparently knows but he's not telling. Maybe he plans to leverage the knowledge in exchange for something big out of Urek at the right time.
And he doesn't even have to play that card yet, knowing that Urek has effectively sidelined himself on FoD and showed no threat to Gustang. That wild card is neutralized, probably one of the few wild cards big brain has to contend with.
 
Top