Opinions about the Next Arc (Princess Arc? [tbd])

What do you think of the Next Arc as a whole?


  • Total voters
    27

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Piggybacking on @Shadowlord123 other post, we are now in a new arc. Many in the comments don't seem exactly thrilled. It's (at the time of this writing) early on, sure, but what are your feelings on this arc so far?

It will be interesting to see how the thoughts evolve over time...
 

King Dryst

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
6,456
Reaction score
10,910
Country
Cobra
Giving it a 3 right now (I gave the Nest a 7 as a comparison point). Yeah, this shit is bad. Bad, bad, bad. Two chapters in and we've already flushed whatever credibility Baam gained at the Nest.

I've long said that nothing in Tower of God would ever be worse than Train City. Man, if only I had known.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Giving it a 3 right now (I gave the Nest a 7 as a comparison point). Yeah, this shit is bad. Bad, bad, bad. Two chapters in and we've already flushed whatever credibility Baam gained at the Nest.

I've long said that nothing in Tower of God would ever be worse than Train City. Man, if only I had known.
A 7 is soooo generous, but I respect your right to be wrong about the Nest arc.

That said, yes, so far a 3 (or less) feels about right - so far.
 

King Dryst

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
6,456
Reaction score
10,910
Country
Cobra
A 7 is soooo generous, but I respect your right to be wrong about the Nest arc.

That said, yes, so far a 3 (or less) feels about right - so far.
Baam got his powerups and 'won' in the sense of achieving his stated objective. And I enjoyed Traumerei more than most of the rest of us seem to have. So I felt it was a fair rating. To me a 7 in about in the 'average' range. The 3 I gave this is about as low as I would ever go. Anything lower is just hyperbole, unless SIU were to do something truly unforgiveable (say, murdering off Baam for good and making Rachel or Wangnan into the new protagonist). So grading on a scale of what amounts to 3 to 10, I went just a bit above the median.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Baam got his powerups and 'won' in the sense of achieving his stated objective. And I enjoyed Traumerei more than most of the rest of us seem to have. So I felt it was a fair rating. To me a 7 in about in the 'average' range. The 3 I gave this is about as low as I would ever go. Anything lower is just hyperbole, unless SIU were to do something truly unforgiveable (say, murdering off Baam for good and making Rachel or Wangnan into the new protagonist). So grading on a scale of what amounts to 3 to 10, I went just a bit above the median.
I thought I was being generous giving the Nest arc a 5, but I think I allowed myself to be influenced by imagining someone looking over my shoulder, telling me if I dipped below a 5 I should be reading Solo Leveling or OPM instead. Instinctively I thought a 4. To me the negatives outweighed the positives - at least marginally.

Here, now, well, we're off to a great start....
 

Koon Kiseia

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2022
Messages
132
Reaction score
92
Age
24
Country
Indonesia
6 for nest and 4 for this.

I mean, i like to see Trau (or any other family head and their personalities revealed) but its just dissappointing bout Nen2 and Wang2 and anything, Trau so Trash. What kind of great leader mendling useless matter? But i like the chapter of fight and also more hint of the flame of Yeon.

Princesses.. i like to see more princess of course, especially knowing special families' circumstances and great family member and their position that they hold. But i didn't think it would come with the marriage of princess. I rather wish for the tower's Noble faction or anything than a princess arc.

But hope we can see more inside the Po Bidau (but not slavery things.. like making AA cleaning or mock him since it's too childish. I love funny things but not this one). I want more reveal of the story' and the story's progress

Btw, i really like the Po Bidau member art but the soon to be leader of the family look more wild yet Gustang and someone talking to Cheonhee looked calm. I rather the successor having calm face for more of Gustang title's aloof wave
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Giving it a 3 right now (I gave the Nest a 7 as a comparison point). Yeah, this shit is bad. Bad, bad, bad. Two chapters in and we've already flushed whatever credibility Baam gained at the Nest.

I've long said that nothing in Tower of God would ever be worse than Train City. Man, if only I had known.
The train arc ia waste (as it tool too long to get the story end but not really fun as it seems forced to be long). But this seems to be princess arc was weird. Too weird
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,747
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Out of all the potential great ways to handle the climax of the Nest Arc, SIU probably picked the least possible interesting way to end it, and he did that in order to lead to this absolute meme of an arc. I can't even begin to express how much potential was wasted in this transition. Coming from a climax that could very well have been one of the highest peaks of the series if it had been done accordingly, the current arc just feels like an April Fools joke, a very unwelcomed one at that IMO. Traumerei just feels like a dumb bipolar clown, watch him accept the proposal of Baam entering the tournament next chapter without letting Rankers/High Rankers enter as well (as if him agreeing so nonchalantly to have this tournament wasn't already bad enough in the first place). Baam continues to be dumbed down and humiliated without any real reason (seriously, where's start of Season 3 Baam? I miss him a lot). Lilial is very annoying and not the brightest one in the town. I can somewhat understand her actions, but so far I find her very annoying as a character nonetheless.

Yeah, shit is awful to me as well. So far, I'm giving it a 3/10, at best a 4/10 if I'm on a very good day. The concept and foundations of this arc are extremely silly, and coming from where we're coming, even more so. We lost so much just for this. At this point in time, I have zero expectations for this arc. Nothing would make me happier if SIU shuts my mouth and makes me actually like this arc though, but it's not looking possible for now.
 

Fiodor Pavlovich K

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2012
Messages
202
Reaction score
513
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Yeah, shit is awful to me as well. So far, I'm giving it a 3/10, at best a 4/10 if I'm on a very good day. The concept and foundations of this arc are extremely silly, and coming from where we're coming, even more so.
Exactly.

The Nest was supposedly the place where Baam would prove himself to FUG and the tower. And he managed to do that (we have to guess here because SIU denied us any reaction of the world of Baam's achievements. One Piece does that very well btw). And then with this arc it seems we went back a couple of seasons. I don't get it.
 

toil

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2018
Messages
520
Reaction score
410
Country
United States
On a 1-10 scale, execution is currently a 2 and potential in the 6-8 territory.

To contextualize that a bit, my overall opinion is that if I'm being honest with myself, just-about every ToG arc has the same, uh, arc: (a) the opening segment is disorienting, ineffective, and (especially in later arcs) feels out-of-place vis-a-vis the prior arc; (b) the middle segment tends to be mediocre on a week-by-week basis; (c) the final segment significantly steps up the quality and winds up carrying/redeeming the entire arc.

I'd actually add one more item, (d): (without exception), the final segment salvages the arc not by tying up the existing loose plot threads but by introducing new, more-significant consideration—the rules of the game change (or get ignored/hacked-around/etc.), outside players intervene, "unexpected" power-ups tilt the scales, someone turns out to actually be someone else, and so on.

The point of saying all this is that, frankly, the few chapters we've seen seem to fit the pattern: the beginnings are consistently the worst parts of ToG arcs, this seems like no exception (...and, frankly, maybe one of the least-gripping beginnings we've seen thus far). The bigger issue with S3, for me, has been that SIU's endings have had the same structure but haven't felt nearly as effective—with the nest arc, in particular, conforming to the pattern but failing the execution (IMHO).

I mention this only b/c it's hard to avoid having the weak execution of the previous arc's finale bleed into the assessment of the next arc's beginning...but I do think this arc, thus far, has had one of SIU's particularly weak beginnings to date.
 

Koon Kiseia

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2022
Messages
132
Reaction score
92
Age
24
Country
Indonesia
One week each for forced long stories mau tool us our lives. We and SIU might die before this ends

I didn't want an weird end either but i wish SIU would do S1 and S2(before workshop) way again. Long but not feel long. But, i'm glad. We still got funny moments since Lilial arc
(人*´∀`)。*゚+
 

DanielGacitua

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 5, 2022
Messages
49
Reaction score
78
Age
28
Country
Chile
The arc was interesting to me at first when I thought we would see more regulars fighting, politics of the Tower and the great families, more princesses, the introduction of Maria and the return of Androssi and Anak, etc

But now that it looks like Baam is going to fight in the tournament I lost all interest, I don't understand how SIU can think that's a good idea, it's probably one of the stupidest things he could do but whatever
 

King Dryst

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
6,456
Reaction score
10,910
Country
Cobra
It still has potential to turn into something good, but the prospect of Baam competing is not a good thing. There's still a hope that Traumerei will shut this down as the nonsense it is, and give his mouthy daughter a much needed lesson in respect for defying him and then trying to dictate terms for the competition.

Then again, I have some scenarios in mind as possibilities going past this arc that might require Baam to have that freedom to choose his own path.

Maybe his entrance opens the floodgates for Rankers to join, and then Baam has to both fight and protect whatever Regular girls (Lilial and her sister, Maria, whoever) got roped into this madness from being collateral damage.
 

Cinera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
2,194
Reaction score
4,757
Age
28
Country
Nigeria
Regular drama, but not the regulars I'm interested in.

I sleep.
 

Cinera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
2,194
Reaction score
4,757
Age
28
Country
Nigeria
What Regulars do you want? Maria?
Maria, Ran, Shilial are the Regulars I'm most interested in.

But I don't care for Regulars that much.

I have been most invested in the High Rankers, so I don't enjoy the downscaling that much.

Lilial's eye candy, but her current bratty and very entitled personality is not enjoyable.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The only way this tournament gets interesting/worth my time is if Baam fights against (High) Ranker Princesses.

Baam's fights with regulars are uninspiring and Jinsung said as much himself.
 

King Dryst

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
6,456
Reaction score
10,910
Country
Cobra
Lilial's eye candy, but her current bratty and very entitled personality is not enjoyable.
She'll come out of it in due time. SIU just didn't want to make it that easy for Baam, much to the chagrin of many who expected her to turn all moist and gooey at a show of his shinsoo strength.

And Maria and Shilial are likely to show for the competition.
 

Koon Kiseia

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2022
Messages
132
Reaction score
92
Age
24
Country
Indonesia
She'll come out of it in due time. SIU just didn't want to make it that easy for Baam, much to the chagrin of many who expected her to turn all moist and gooey at a show of his shinsoo strength.

And Maria and Shilial are likely to show for the competition.
You just remind me that the three was joined Maschenny. Thnx

But, again, it's weird, he used red shinsoo (collab with red thryssa) to a weak data (Kiseia) but then saved her. He seems angry at the appointment of marriage (i suppose he knows what it is at that moment). But the newest chapter Made him try to not show anything to Trau. And then think of getting out of it just by winning (at least he Made worried expression tho unlike Jinsung n Cha with stoic face or anything)

He literally wanted by Trau cause gw HAVE proven his power. Even Trau knows he had Leviathan! What did that all meant!

Either way. If more of other family (any other than LPB for now) members had appeared i would like to give 6-8 (cause i'm sure it would not be much. Much would around Baam or Rachel+AA)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

WAAAH i don't know. Can anyone advice me other comic in Fantasy or Romance-fantasy genre, please?

The Gamer always been short. Your throne and Charlotte has five disciples both Hiatus.

Boruto isn't good either these days, kinda weird.

(I don't like faifytale or one piece, so other than that)

Please...................
 
Last edited:

fluffers

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 26, 2022
Messages
46
Reaction score
74
Country
Bahamas
I hope the tournament is Regular only(Not including Baam). Not just because then it'd actually have some tension but also because High Ranker fights are GARBAGE

If the High Ranker isn't explicitly a martial artist, it's an incomprehensible mess.

I miss regular fights where I could actually follow the flow of things.
 

Fish009

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2020
Messages
53
Reaction score
70
Age
31
Country
Australia
Could be great if SIU actually think the plot ahead and dont let the games be interrupted

Oh and no more baam vs regulars please, its such a waste of panels and time
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Can anyone advice me other comic in Fantasy or Romance-fantasy genre, please?
Skeleton soldier couldnt protect the dungeon, it keeps getting better
Dark gathering is my current favourite, horror/modern/fighting genre, idk if youll like it tho
 
Top