Games Mafia Game 105 - Solo Leveling - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,086
Gender
Female
Country
France
Hi guys so here are our night actions tab and thought process for the game.

First the tab:



Following the "level up" idea from our theme we wanted to give players the opportunity to level up throughout the game thanks special objects they would find in dungeons. However finding many level up ideas for every role was complicated. Also given our small number of players we decided to make everyone start as vanilla to give the mechanics more impact and push players to go into dungeons. We simplified the dungeons's objects idea by deciding that it would be simpler to just have dungeons that allowed to level up (because there were strong monsters in it that gave lots of xp lol) and dungeons that didn't.

Dungeons were as followed
D1 dungeonsD2 dungeonsD3 dungeonsD4 dungeons
Busan (dud)Pekin (secondaries)New York (roles)Sao paulo (dud)
Seoul (roles)Tokyo (roles)Bamako (buff)Valencia (dud)
Daegu (roles)Singapour (roles)Canberra (dud)Tunis (roles)

On D1 we put a dud dungeon but didn't expect HALF the players to choose it, + one who forgot to send + one of the four remaining died D1. So only 3 people with a role on N1. We expected it to be at least 5 or 6.
Which is why we had put a necromancer and an apprentice in the role list thinking they would have much to do and choose from as the game went on. (They didn't 😭)

As for the roles, we made a list beforehand and randomized it with the player list. Thus, everyone had a role waiting for them, all they had to do was enter the right dungeons.
This is what each of you was bound to get:
Asako - Necromancer
DD - Sane spy
Erinyes - hider
Brandish µ - prosecutor
Gajeel - Insane apprentice (who then became sane)
Lady pompom - Sane doc
GrySun - Paranoid det

Belserion - M. Det
Baka Taichou - Escort
Shad - Poisoner
We also had ideas for second level ups for each. But appart from Gajeel no one leveled up twice.

On D2 rather than a dud we put a secondaries dungeon which is weaker but still useful. We had a thought up list of secondaries and randomized the list with the player that entered the dungeon. No premade association player x secondary.

On D3 we once again put a dud and wanted to have fun by adding a buff dungeon that allowed for a double action. It may seem too OP, but in Mafia game there is game, and we wanted to see how all the double actions would cross each other and maybe create interesting game situations. In the end the buff was only useful to mafia.

On D4 with such few players remaining and everyone having a role or a secondary, only one dungeon was legit (and no one entered it).

That's it for the explanations we wanted to give, feel free to ask any question. Any constructive feedback or criticism is accepted !

(Also my wording might make it seem like we took decisions on the go as the game went on, but no, most of it was thought out before the game started and then we navigated and adjusted things as phases passed.)

 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Should we keep track of who goes where? In case it‘s like Magi game, lets us track any questionable moves.

So far Busan goers are Shad and me.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Mechanic is obscure, but since we are supposed to send PMs privately we should be open about where we go and see if we can get any info from that after we know more
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I chose Seoul. Was thinking to go to Busan at first but seems like it could get crowded.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
I'm going to blue land aka Daegu, purple land is too popular
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I've selected Seoul.

I also think the first two votes were very suspicious, no reason to start voting anyone before even reading mechanics, as much of a small game as it is.
Gajeel did this last game, and dd does this a bit iirc (including last game).
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,203
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Considering where people are going, I'll go to Busan.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,203
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Can you elaborate? What people going where made you pick Busan?
Just that I saw more than one person going for Seoul, only Asako went for Daegu (afaik) and I don't trust either of the people going for Seoul
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I also like the Busan color.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Finally done with IRL non sense.

My dungeon is secret.
I can't see how this made sense to you? Without knowing what you pick how can we conclude anything about you once we know more about the donjon.

Care to explain the reason behind this choice?
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Just that I saw more than one person going for Seoul, only Asako went for Daegu (afaik) and I don't trust either of the people going for Seoul
More than one person went for Busan as well which is why I chose Seoul. Do you trust the people that chose Busan?
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,164
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I picked the purple one yesterday already at game starting, no reason besides I like the color. I have no idea what kind of dungeon it is, but it feels to me that the fact everyone is giving that info, we re giving mafia the opportunity to communicate with their mate by letting them know where they re going and where we re going. They might have infos we don't have.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Nb sorry wil wear my avy when back home can't do that on phone
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Pliz hosts kun can you add a timer, onegai. 🙏
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I'm going to bed soon.

Votekill Gajeel
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@Erinyes timer is in the end post.

I agree that mafia could possibly use this info, but town profits from info more than mafia.

If we are all vanilla and the game ends in 3 to 4 days, they won't be enough time to became detective and check sanity, especially with host mentioning that some donjon don't give a full level, meaning we have to wait 2 night to get anything from donjon.

I imagine this donjon system is similar to previous game, it a way to group people up and use that info to find the scums, which is why I don't understand people that want to hide this info.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,164
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Oh my bad sorry, I only checked vote count post :facepalm
Yeah reason why I shared. Btw is there a limit of people per dungeon? Or did I miss that info. Will re-read everything in a few hours
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
That doesn't change the fact that i could love the timer being in vote post for easy accessibility
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I picked Seoul right after I asked Hermit about the mechanic. We’ll see how it goes
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Unsure who to vote, have no negative hunches on anyone yet. Shad picked up the pace a bit more but still watching him carefully.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

A bit over 5 hours left hm.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
My thoughts from the 4 posts you all posted >.<

GrySun: Never a good day 1 lynch, monitoring but from the few interaction he has I agree with his thoughts and he looks like he is pushing for ideas that are pro town and town gry is very aggressive in voting so looks ok.

Lady Pompom: Finding things to be suspicious (early voters then a donjon choosers), nothing much, pom finding things suspicious sounds normal from my experience with her in other games (even when it makes no sense).

Bandish: Second game in a row where he feels nice, I support this new brandish, last game he was nice and town so I got nothing.

DigitalDude: Convenient vote, he would vote me either as town or mafia, since I killed him last game D1, so not sure if he is using this as a justification, keeping his donjon secret and not answering my questions is also normal DD behavior, which is why I don't mind getting rid of him D1 all the time.

Belserion: Similar to DD, I don't like her playstyle, 'I use my mafia playstyle as town to make it harder to tell when I'm mafia', so similar to DD, she can die D1 for all I care.

Sakura: I'm curious to see Sakura after so long, she didn't post enough today, but a coming back player so I'm not trigger happy.

Gajeel: He usually doesn't talk much (he just shoots people with guns), but he been N1 killed every game this year so not sure about his mafia playstyle, I got nothing yet.

Asako: Didn't say much but gives me town vibes, but then again I never seen mafia asako, asako tends to post: X is used to doing Y when town.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top