Games Mafia Game 105 - Solo Leveling - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,095
Gender
Female
Country
France
Hi guys so here are our night actions tab and thought process for the game.

First the tab:



Following the "level up" idea from our theme we wanted to give players the opportunity to level up throughout the game thanks special objects they would find in dungeons. However finding many level up ideas for every role was complicated. Also given our small number of players we decided to make everyone start as vanilla to give the mechanics more impact and push players to go into dungeons. We simplified the dungeons's objects idea by deciding that it would be simpler to just have dungeons that allowed to level up (because there were strong monsters in it that gave lots of xp lol) and dungeons that didn't.

Dungeons were as followed
D1 dungeonsD2 dungeonsD3 dungeonsD4 dungeons
Busan (dud)Pekin (secondaries)New York (roles)Sao paulo (dud)
Seoul (roles)Tokyo (roles)Bamako (buff)Valencia (dud)
Daegu (roles)Singapour (roles)Canberra (dud)Tunis (roles)

On D1 we put a dud dungeon but didn't expect HALF the players to choose it, + one who forgot to send + one of the four remaining died D1. So only 3 people with a role on N1. We expected it to be at least 5 or 6.
Which is why we had put a necromancer and an apprentice in the role list thinking they would have much to do and choose from as the game went on. (They didn't 😭)

As for the roles, we made a list beforehand and randomized it with the player list. Thus, everyone had a role waiting for them, all they had to do was enter the right dungeons.
This is what each of you was bound to get:
Asako - Necromancer
DD - Sane spy
Erinyes - hider
Brandish µ - prosecutor
Gajeel - Insane apprentice (who then became sane)
Lady pompom - Sane doc
GrySun - Paranoid det

Belserion - M. Det
Baka Taichou - Escort
Shad - Poisoner
We also had ideas for second level ups for each. But appart from Gajeel no one leveled up twice.

On D2 rather than a dud we put a secondaries dungeon which is weaker but still useful. We had a thought up list of secondaries and randomized the list with the player that entered the dungeon. No premade association player x secondary.

On D3 we once again put a dud and wanted to have fun by adding a buff dungeon that allowed for a double action. It may seem too OP, but in Mafia game there is game, and we wanted to see how all the double actions would cross each other and maybe create interesting game situations. In the end the buff was only useful to mafia.

On D4 with such few players remaining and everyone having a role or a secondary, only one dungeon was legit (and no one entered it).

That's it for the explanations we wanted to give, feel free to ask any question. Any constructive feedback or criticism is accepted !

(Also my wording might make it seem like we took decisions on the go as the game went on, but no, most of it was thought out before the game started and then we navigated and adjusted things as phases passed.)

 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,250
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I went to Bamako and upgraded, I got the possibility to use my ability (hider) twice, but I didnt use it given that I assumed DD would be targeted.

@digitaldude please could you tell us who you spied upon last night.
@Lady pompom any new role upgrade ? Any action ?

No kill so I assume someone got protected or blocked, pliz, everyone there's no need to hide anything more @Shad @Gajeel what did you do tonight.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh just saw gajeel got sick
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I went to Bamako and upgraded, I got the possibility to use my ability (hider) twice, but I didnt use it given that I assumed DD would be targeted.

@digitaldude please could you tell us who you spied upon last night.
@Lady pompom any new role upgrade ? Any action ?

No kill so I assume someone got protected or blocked, pliz, everyone there's no need to hide anything more @Shad @Gajeel what did you do tonight.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh just saw gajeel got sick
They must reveal their target first. You are confirmed townie though. It's between pompom and shad today. maybe gajeel.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
I went to Bamako and upgraded, I got the possibility to use my ability (hider) twice, but I didnt use it given that I assumed DD would be targeted.

@digitaldude please could you tell us who you spied upon last night.
@Lady pompom any new role upgrade ? Any action ?

No kill so I assume someone got protected or blocked, pliz, everyone there's no need to hide anything more @Shad @Gajeel what did you do tonight.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh just saw gajeel got sick
Okay, so yesterday I didn't go to any dungeon, I was out most of the day and felt terribly sick when I came back home :noworry shame on me I completely overlooked the dungeon mechanics.

I don't know why no one else died, but I distrusted Gajeel's apprentice claim, in my head it was between him and Shad.
They must reveal their target first. You are confirmed townie though. It's between pompom and shad today. maybe gajeel.
Why between me and Shad? You know I've cold-blooded lynched both Bel and Baka taichous, right? No matter how you look at it, it's plain stupid if i'm mafia and sacrifice 2 teammates if you think we have max 3 mafia. Maybe if we had like 4, but still I don't get how I'm on the lynch block, you're smarter than this, DD.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

To not make same mistake, I'll go to a dungeon right away, to the classy suburb area.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I'm doctor.

I claimed Hider to avoid being targeted for a kill, I was hoping mafia will be lured by the possibility that they could kill me if they target others.
It was also to see if one of the late claimers would claim it.

I protected DD on D2, because Gry was killed N1, mafia is killing from most confirmed to least confirmed, DD the second most confirmed person after Gry on D1 got even more confirmed on D2.
I believed it was safe to claim hider as it a role I rarely see in games and that it was safe to lie about target since they are a lot of higher priority spy targets than me (non-bel / non-sakura voters).
I didn't expect to be counter claimed, Erinyes proposed a theory that explains the double hider so I made a split second decision to agree with her theory "the same donjon gives same role theory".
Gajeel remembered that I said I'm going to a different donjon, so I had to lie some more.
In the end I was still not a lynch candidate so I was never forced to reveal.

I went to Bamako and got a one time use ability (Temperary role), the ability to use my action twice, one time use, so I protected DD and pompom.
DD because before he claimed spy, he was already most wanted by mafia, so this one is a non-brainer.
I also protected pompom because I believed they was a chance they would target her for the sicky + new role + to kill Erinyes, if she chooses to hide behind pompom.

I trusted Erinyes more than others like brandish because I knew her claim was not a duplicate and it would be very wierd for a mafia to claim a role already claimed.
I didn't expect the brandish persecutor and Erinyes wasn't being voted so they was no reason to defend her by exposing myself.

DD probably spied on me, so he can confirm my 2 targets.
I tried my best to play my role so that on reread people can see my intentions, so I encourage to reread me on D3 with the above in mind.

Brandish using persecutor shortens the game, meaning I'm able to reveal today, since it is clear now who is the last mafia.

Votekill gajeel
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Yah, I almost sicklied you because of the double hider claim that did not make sense, Shad.

@digitaldude who did you spy on and which results did you get? We need to know.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Asako pay attention to the claims and targeting of ppl as well, your vote will be important too to decide the day results if I'm somehow messed up my targeting.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,250
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I've cold-blooded lynched both Bel and Baka taichous, right?
You were the last who casted your vote on Bel and at last second, she was already dead, any mafia can do that. as for Baka you voted the second, so it was not really a train yet, as Asa had already 2 votes upon. Honestly I ve seen mafia throwing their mate under the bus, if they are heavily suspected or to look innocent. I m certainly taking in account your votes, but I dont take it at a face value.

day 2 votes

Asako x2 - Penalty vote, Erinyes #107


Baka Taichou x5
- Brandish µ #91, Lady PomPom #133, Shad #134, Gajeel #137, digitaldude #139
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

and @Asako Sorry for suspecting you, I started to doubt when you answered my post, :pout
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@digitaldude who did you spy on and which results did you get? We need to know.
he's better reveal the last
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
You were the last who casted your vote on Bel and at last second, she was already dead, any mafia can do that. as for Baka you voted the second, so it was not really a train yet, as Asa had already 2 votes upon. Honestly I ve seen mafia throwing their mate under the bus, if they are heavily suspected or to look innocent. I m certainly taking in account your votes, but I dont take it at a face value.

day 2 votes

Asako x2 - Penalty vote, Erinyes #107


Baka Taichou x5
- Brandish µ #91, Lady PomPom #133, Shad #134, Gajeel #137, digitaldude #139
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

and @Asako Sorry for suspecting you, I started to doubt when you answered my post, :pout
--- Double Post Merged, ---



he's better reveal the last
@Gajeel come here and reveal. I sicklied you last night, what were you up to?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Well, you’re confirmed at least, let’s hope gajeel or shad is the last mafia.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I still don’t see how killing a teammate in a possible only 3-mafia scenario works, I could’ve pushed to lynch someone else, it makes really no sense to participate in 2 lynches of your teammates wthout a reason in a scenario you don’t even have many teammates to begin with, but whatever float your townie boats.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,250
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
So quick recap



GrySun as Thomas Andre (Townie) killed Night 1
Erinyes as Park Heejin -claims Townie -> Hider on N2 ->
Shad as Reiji Sugimoto - claims Townie -> Hider on N2 claims now doctor
Baka Taichou as Baek Yoonho - Mafia - Mafia escort lynched on D2
Asako as Antares - claims townie -> necromancer on N1 -> secondary role on N2 lynched on D3
Gajeel as Cha Hae-In - claims towne - new role claims apprentice
Brandish μ as Lee Joonhee - claims townie - new role - prosecutor, died on D3
digitaldude as Querehsha - claims Townie -> spy on N2
Lady pompom as Sung Jinwoo - claims Townie - Sickly secondary role on N2
Belserion[/USER] as Choi Jong-In (Mafia Member > Mafia Det) lynched Day 1


N1 actions :
Gajeel targeted Baka sensei


N2 Actions
Shad hid behind Pompom Protected DD?
Erin hid behind Gajeel
DD Spied on Erin -> targeted Gajeel
Pompom - Targeted Erin with sickly -> cant vote on D3
Gajeel targeted Asa sensei


N3 actions
Shad - protected DD and Pompom
Erin - no action
DD
Pompom targeted Gajeel with sickly cant vote on D4



Pliz let me know if I forgot something or if i did a mistake.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Pompom so you didnt enter any dungeon.... and stayed vanilla town when you could upgrade :arf :handgun

@Shad so you lied huh

Votekill gajeel
Why not waiting what he has to say. I might be wrong, but his claim is again risky for a mafia.... so we shouldnt rush and wait for what everyone has to say.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Votekill Gajeel

It has to be him, no deaths, I used my secondary role and didn't have another role to block anyone and Shad caims to have protected both me and DD, we're both alive.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Unless Shad poisoned us both:lmao, in which case, good play Shad
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Why not waiting what he has to say. I might be wrong, but his claim is again risky for a mafia.... so we shouldnt rush and wait for what everyone has to say.
You mean the double apprentice claim?
How is that risky?

Yeah no rush, but from yesterday's day end, his shifted attention from Erinyes to me the moment she got persecuted, it felt like he could no longer lynch Erinyes today so he choose me as his next target.

So I'm just targeting him back, we can discuss on details why each one thinks he is mafia, if something better I can always change vote.


Unless Shad poisoned us both:lmao, in which case, good play Shad
Eh, there is a missing kill still.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
You mean the double apprentice claim?
How is that risky?

Yeah no rush, but from yesterday's day end, his shifted attention from Erinyes to me the moment she got persecuted, it felt like he could no longer lynch Erinyes today so he choose me as his next target.

So I'm just targeting him back, we can discuss on details why each one thinks he is mafia, if something better I can always change vote.




Eh, there is a missing kill still.
Yep, I know, if you protected DD last night that explains it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I meant N2
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Yeah, unless you believe they tried to kill Erinyes.

I tried to explain in my first post who was highest on the mafia kill list.

@Erinyes do you still believe you were targeted for a kill?
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,250
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
My results on shad were digitaldude and lady pompom.
ok great ! Why did you pick Shad btw did you find him suspicious yesterday ?

Unless Shad poisoned us both:lmao, in which case, good play Shad
No i dont think, it doesnt add numbers too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Erinyes do you still believe you were targeted for a kill?
if you protected DD that changes everything. then no.
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
You can't be serious. This man openly lied for 3 days, creating confusion, and indirectly killing Brandish by claiming Hider. There was no point in hiding being a "doctor" when digital, a spy, is still alive and considering how small the game is.

I targetted Shad last night, in case digital would still be alive (turned out to be true), and decided to target me in order to show you I am the apprentice. Didn't want to risk any of the other ones because knowing Shad, he would have used that against me.

You're asking yourself why there hasn't been any kill in the past two nights? Shouldn't you ask yourself what's forcing the mafia to use a killing action every night instead? Because in reality, nothing is. He's playing the long game, and it's going to pay off.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
ok great ! Why did you pick Shad btw did you find him suspicious yesterday ?



No i dont think, it doesnt add numbers too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



if you protected DD that changes everything. then no.
He seemed more suspicious than the remaining players. looks like gajeel is the final mafia though. vote kill gajeel.
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
So unless you change your vote pompom, we lost. Asako has some weird thoughts about me thinking I'm a mafia for being the first vote on Belserion (?), so I'm going to get her vote anyway, so it's going to be up to you three .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

nah this is beyond goofy, I'm not going to experience another such game I've already had my share
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@digitaldude you've been playing this game for a decade now. you should know that nothing's forcing mafia to use their kill action. How the hell am I more suspicious than him when I clearly voted for Belserion AND Baka (well this one was more obvious). What did he do? He voted for sakura (when it was obvious), lied, and talked a lot.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,250
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I went to Bamako and got a one time use ability (Temperary role), the ability to use my action twice
How come you went in the same dungeon than me and got same upgrade than mine while you just said above, you lied about that point (getting same upgrade when entering same dungeon)?
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,221
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
So unless you change your vote pompom, we lost. Asako has some weird thoughts about me thinking I'm a mafia for being the first vote on Belserion (?), so I'm going to get her vote anyway, so it's going to be up to you three .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

nah this is beyond goofy, I'm not going to experience another such game I've already had my share
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@digitaldude you've been playing this game for a decade now. you should know that nothing's forcing mafia to use their kill action. How the hell am I more suspicious than him when I clearly voted for Belserion AND Baka (well this one was more obvious). What did he do? He voted for sakura (when it was obvious), lied, and talked a lot.
If you want Shad to be dead, why change vote to pompom, though? Am I missing something? It sound you're shooting at all sides to not die. Indeed Shad lied, but DD targeted him and confirmed his results, meanwhile you have 2 times apprentice and tried to learn from mafia (at the same time as voting for that mafia). What do you think makes more sense? That he lied and is a mafia or that you, unconfirmed lied and is a mafia?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top