Games Mafia Game 108 - Mob Psycho 100 (75%)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
Hm but what was the benefit to pretend I didn't have it? That's what I kinda tried to check before speaking, cause I couldn't think of one myself.
Like, currently I plan on passing the potato to a person I suspect, cause the risk of killing a townie ahead increases and that's also a weapon town currently possesses. But then does an explosion on D3 seem early? If it lands in mafia hands, do we wanna risk having that passed back to us? You know what else is there with it as well, not as damaging but still. Imo forcing people to get engaged in killing strategies might make them show us other stuff in their minds as well. Idk, I'm pro most things that would force people to speak.
Regarding the Potato, I think there would be a point in hiding it if you didn't receive the curse from Evil. Since you won't be targetted tonight thanks to that, I think it is good that you revealed. As for passing it, I agree with Evil-who. It shouldn't be someone you fully trust nor someone who is the top of your suspect list.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Just woke up, will catch up in 15 mins, need coffee. Seeing janitor there, great, fkn great.

Who was on demonspeed yday?

I.ll post my D1 thoughts in a bit. All I.m gonna sat to start are:


Did not use my role. Reason, too early.
I decided to not leave my life up to cointoss, main reason I went for Panda. I didn.t distrust him tho'
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,657
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Sammy, why check on wojak solely as a non hinter?
You are a bit odd with how you frame things at times this game Farf. I had dialogue with DD too (who claimed active), but Wojak was the non-hinter that was around at the time so I questioned him due to that and because of the vote I thought was rather early in the phase.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Baka is not un-sus. She said her role is not great so not to expect much from her, then she was about to die and asked if she should reveal, then didn't. She self defense voted at a really close situation herself. Which makes me wonder, knowing fully well we have so many last minute switch people online right now, that she was confident enough that that would be enough to save herself?

Were some mafias online at that time and he was not afraid to die by at team mate present? As a townie, I would have revealed my role to at least make one vote disappear from myself, given that the role she said isn't even great. Might have been lying about the role, or might have not made up what do claim before N1 yet. Kinda sus, I don't know.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Is wojak really new?
Will you continue to ignore the hint stuff as well? ._.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You are a bit odd with how you frame things at times this game Farf. I had dialogue with DD too (who claimed active), but Wojak was the non-hinter that was around at the time so I questioned him due to that and because of the vote I thought was rather early in the phase.
It's just cause, as I said, Misho was around too.
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
Baka is not un-sus. She said her role is not great so not to expect much from her, then she was about to die and asked if she should reveal, then didn't. She self defense voted at a really close situation herself. Which makes me wonder, knowing fully well we have so many last minute switch people online right now, that she was confident enough that that would be enough to save herself?

Were some mafias online at that time and he was not afraid to die by at team mate present? As a townie, I would have revealed my role to at least make one vote disappear from myself, given that the role she said isn't even great. Might have been lying about the role, or might have not made up what do claim before N1 yet. Kinda sus, I don't know.
It was a bit contradicting indeed. Baka-who said the role is not much but then when facing possible death she made it seem like we might regret. And today's hint seems like it can actually be a useful role. So it is a little bit of a roller-coaster with that behavior in my eyes.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,657
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
It's just cause, as I said, Misho was around too.
He's not exactly the most forthcoming at the best of times so pursuing Wojak looked the more fruitful of the two options.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
If we lynch a town today, I think it's worth (someone) performing an action of Farf to try and kill a mafia.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
@GB do you think @SirSamuel016 is mafia?

lol
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If we lynch a town today, I think it's worth (someone) performing an action of Farf to try and kill a mafia.
I don't get it, what you saying here? And what was that weird comment about thinking the mafia would target PGO tonight?
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I don't get it, what you saying here? And what was that weird comment about thinking the mafia would target PGO tonight?
A town uses on Farf, Farf then paranoid kills someone and we hope for a mafia kill.

Last night I thought a mafia (say M.Det) would use on you to try for another town kill.

Both are risky yet very exciting.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Before I start with my comments on D1 regarding certain players, here's my reasoning for saving myself and killing Panda.

While I had debated voting for James to create a 3way instead, in the end I chose to not leave anything up to chance.

I chose to go for Panda for the following reasons:

- He doesn't generally have time and is not fully invested in the game, while that also applied to me, for me it was because of a very high fever making it hard to focus, which will pass.
- He, like me, said he disliked his role. The reason this is a reason is because he said it long after I said it and he said it when we were already both at 3 votes. Which gave me reason to think he's trying to match my situation to make it harder for ppl to choose if to save one of us, while not attracting to much attention on him when I'd flip town, if I died before him.
- He seemed extremely disappointed in the game aesthetics and mechanics too, and it affected his eagerness to play, I for one don't care as much for that as I care about playing the game as a detective story trying to read people and find the suspects solely based on intuition and analysis, because it's something I enjoy doing and want to get better at.
- He also did one more thing that made me think he was just following the things that were said to not stick out too much, which was to repeat what I said about Sam revenge voting him. I had a reason for saying that, and since Panda didn't elaborate on why he thought that, I thought he's just repeating not necessarily believing. My reason was that Sam would revenge vote him after last game because they were in the same team and the "lover" paranoia was so high and Panda thought Sam was the lover, cuz Sam did all sorts of stuff to change their plans and targets (cuz he himself thought one of Panda or James was lover), so my reasoning was mby it's revenge for putting him through that, though you'd expect a revenge vote on James since he literally outed Sam in the game, more than a panda revenge. So in any case it didn't make much sense in the end (I realized that when fever went down).

Taking this into consideration, I evaluated my own stance in this game, the fact that I'm sick and the fact that I don't like my role are the only reasons I wouldn't be in this game, but my sickness is held at bay by pills and while my brain is a bit foggy, what better way to improve at something then to push your limits? As for my role, I dislike it because it requires a certain trigger to activate and this trigger is not favorable to town.

As for me contradicting myself saying "a fuck it not worth it", y'all know that when you're feeling down the first reaction is to abandon ship, but then you come back and decide to fight and not let yourself be defeated by your own worst enemy (yourself).

Anyway, seeing his role I understand why he didn't like it, it's worse than mine XD. And I'm sorry I killed you to save myself @Copy Panda , but in the end, I think it's best that it turned out like that since your role is a one-shot save, but don't worry junior, it won't be in vein!


Now, based off of last day:

I'm not a fan of sussing or confirming someone based off of their first vote on D1, it's what they do after that makes you more or less sus of them. Take last game James for example, he went for Gry, and everyone kissed his toes the next day, I was the only one against him, risking becoming sus because of it, until I gave my results on him. So based off of that, I'm not going to say Erin and Sam (just putting the first voters for those on the chopping block) are sus for that, but they are sus for what and how they behaved after, though not sus enough tbh.

Erinyes:
Votes me cuz of alphabetical order as a filler.
Despite her saying it's a filler, here's 20 mins before day end, and she still didn't change her vote (which naturally would lead one to think she was ok with me dying) despite the fact that I was going to die.
Completely ignores my post in which I say out of the 3 who voted me (including her ofc) GB would be most sus, IF i had to choose, otherwise I didn't think any of them are and stated reasons why in case that wasn't clear enough.
And as soon as I post that, she sees my comment where I pointed out her lack of desire to change, and immediately feels attacked, and blames her now adamant desire to not change on the fact that I made that comment, saying "I'm going for her" (no erichiii I wasn't, I was just making a comment based off of a fact).
Last but not least, most important, she publicly sets the condition of saving my life by changing her vote, on me having to reveal my role for her to change. That in my eyes screams scum.


And that is why I bait @Farfalla with comments like "should I reveal or should I not" and that is why I change my mind often, to see how people react.

Speaking of that, as I mentioned already, me posting that "half assed" reveal question had a purpose, the purpose of getting reactions, see who's up for me revealing D1 again, Farf and Evil are on the pro list, no one else said anything, and I think Farf realized that after and that's why she came later saying my question was half assed and not genuine or sth, but she did say it in a way that makes me think less sus "If it's not harmful then why not". I also personally didn't like how Evil replied "do it, what's the loss, you said it sucks", I didn't say it sucks, I said I dislike it, two very different affirmations right there.
On that note, y'all should know better than me that nothing good comes from revealing your role D1.



James Rye:
What I'm curious of, and why I thought of bringing him up the ladder, was why James voted for Panda, it looked like he wanted to save me more than just because Panda wasn't wearing his avi, because not wearing the avi is not a reason to lynch someone in my eyes. But we're not a team, so why would he if mafia try to save me? To get credibility after I'm later lynched and turn out town? Or did he see me as genuine despite Gry voting for me and saying I'm fake and Farf and Erin slyly pushing that I'm sus towards the end? I'm slightly inclined towards the first. Also very little contribution on his part in D1.

So if you decide to lynch me, don't start trusting him more just because he had my back for a second.


SirSam:

I didn't particularly see anything wrong with his vote, first post first vote, but what I dislike in general at anybody, is when people blame past grievances as reasoning for going at someone in the current game, he did that with Farfalla in a reply to her, and well the reason I thought behind his Panda vote, just that I didn't use it to accuse him or to make it a reason to sus him. This has become a trend, happens too often. I also didn't like him using the same method as Erin did with me, saying that the way Panda reacted is basically why he won't change his vote. Didn't like him pressing on Panda, trying to make him look like he fumbled up, but then again, others did as well (Evil, Gry) and yet none of them changed their votes to Panda (typisch scum, throw shade but stay out of the vote), and then ofc James and DD voting him for no reason.


So atm my personal distrust list is made up of the above mentioned ppl, but the people who had less than 10 comments in D1 (TOP OF THE LIST DD with 4 comments, Holt with 5, Kat and GB with 6, Brandish 8, James 9) should also not be left under the radar.


Now, on D1 I didn't participate much because the topic at hand was already smoked, I did say my two cents the moment I read Gry's reasoning to disclose, which was why I also voted for him, but then everyone was already on him about it so didn't feel I had anything to add, plus it was rly hard to keep reading with a fever. The next day I thought about it and i realized it'd make sense if his role was good, but now that I think about it again, him going through the discussion that he did, would paint a target for next nights anyway, so what's the point of surviving 1 night, getting to use your role 1, then dying the next night/s, when you could GUARANTEE A MAFIA DEATH? So yea, sorry I tried to not sus, but I can't, that reveal is just too off and seems like an obvious ploy to fend off accusers, cuz "why would mafia Gry bring that heat to him".


So tl;dr, I'd say:

DD
Gry
Evil
Sam

James
Erin
Farf



Obviously not all are mafia, probably less than half.

Though, I find it extremely hard to believe that 3 out of 4 Panda voters are scum o.o

And in case it wasn't clear once again, I only voted for panda to save my life. Would have locked on Gry if I knew shijima voted for him...


I'd personally vote Gry or DD today.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
A town uses on Farf, Farf then paranoid kills someone and we hope for a mafia kill.

Last night I thought a mafia (say M.Det) would use on you to try for another town kill.

Both are risky yet very exciting.
But that's not how that role works. The guy gets kill to target Schmetterling. She cannot choose a target, it's a first come first serve thing.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
But that's not how that role works. The guy gets kill to target Schmetterling. She cannot choose a target, it's a first come first serve thing.
I'll test it tonight then?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top