Yakkun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
4,341
Reaction score
4,226
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It's a good volume cover by ways of composition but it features entirely the wrong characters in my opinion. The guy who ACTUALLY dies in a cruel way is nigh invisible in front of the massive close-ups of Isolde and Chion. Wtf.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
It's a good volume cover by ways of composition but it features entirely the wrong characters in my opinion. The guy who ACTUALLY dies in a cruel way is nigh invisible in front of the massive close-ups of Isolde and Chion. Wtf.
Maybe Nakaba wanted to emphasize that he is an extra among extras... :catshrug
 

Mighty Escanor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
708
Reaction score
2,187
Country
Winterfell
It's a good volume cover by ways of composition but it features entirely the wrong characters in my opinion. The guy who ACTUALLY dies in a cruel way is nigh invisible in front of the massive close-ups of Isolde and Chion. Wtf.
Seriously, I think it's a smart way to show the position of each of them within the group. Jade looked up to Chion to the point he based his magic on Chion's personality. Jade hates(?) Tristan, but looks tiny in comparison to him.

Chion and Isolde both look up to and respect Tristan from the bottom of their hearts, and he is there standing like a proud leader. (He looks a bit sad too. But he was like this in his debut chapter for no reason, so I don't take it seriously anymore.)

The crying Isolde is like a quick summary of every tragic aspect of the corresponding arc.

Jade is the only character loacted in front of title, his hair covering parts of the logo. It puts him further away from the other members. A possible reference to his demise.
 

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
3,448
Reaction score
16,950
Gender
Male
Country
France
Volume 12 is out, extras here.

TL:
Page 2:
While you don't mind lying, you don't seem to be the guy to lie about something.
Then to be frank, I'd like to be called a straightforward person.

Page 4:
Band: Four Knights of the Apocalyose character designs VI
~Chaos knights~
Box: In contrast to the Four Knights of the Apocalypse being all youths, many Chaos knights have served the king Arthur for a long time so the middle age is quite represented (though there are exceptions).
These rough drafts are from when I was thinking up Ironside's bare face, and they include the one I ended up not using for Ironside and later giving it to Ardbeg.
It's very hard to draw a cool yet bad- and strong-looking middle-aged man!! (laughs)

Page 5:
Band: Four Knights of the Apocalypse character designs VII
~Chaos knights~
Box: These rough drafts are from when I was thinking up Mortlach's armor.
Coolness is an important part for an armor but since I'm going to draw it many times down the line, it being easy to draw is also a part I must consider.
Anyway, after drawing it many times while grumbling, I grew fond of it.
Speaking of which, while Macduff and Teaninich have their armors at the ready, they never got around to wearing them...

Page 6:
I'd be using a chill Percival compress
if they were a thing.

Page 10:
Geez, you need some discipline.

Volume 13 will release on August 17th.
 
Last edited:

Zorra_akuma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
825
Reaction score
1,188
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Volume 12 is out, extras here.

TL:
Page 2:
While you don't mind lying, you don't seem to be the guy to lie about something.
Then you can frankly call me a straightforward person.

Page 4:
Band: Four Knights of the Apocalyose character designs VI
~Chaos knights~
Box: In contrast to the Four Knights of the Apocalypse being all youths, many Chaos knights have served the king Arthur for a long time so the middle age is quite represented (though there are exceptions).
These rough drafts are from when I was thinking up Ironside's bare face, and they include the one I ended up not using for Ironside and later reusing it for Ardbeg.
It's very hard to draw a cool yet bad and strong-looking middle-aged man!! (laughs)

Page 5:
Band: Four Knights of the Apocalypse character designs VII
~Chaos knights~
Box: These rough drafts are from when I was thinking up Mortlach's armor.
Coolness is an important part for an armor but since I'm going to draw it many times down the line, it being easy to draw is also a part I must consider.
Anyway, after drawing it many times while grumbling, I grew fond of it.
Speaking of which, while Macduff and Teaninich have their armors at the ready, they never got around to wearing them...

Page 6:
I'd be using a chill Percival compress
if they were a thing.

Page 10:
Geez, you need some discipline.

Volume 13 will release on August 17th.
Where there any volume panels changed?
 

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
3,448
Reaction score
16,950
Gender
Male
Country
France
Where there any volume panels changed?
Was getting to it. It isn't exactly a short work to get through 180 pages.
Here is the link to the changes. (I couldn't get Imgur to properly upload them for some reason.) There are more but they are just background, shadowing or speedlines.
By the way, the volume also includes Chion's special chapter, without the title page.

There is added text on pic 17 compared to pic 18 from the serialization.
It says: He... is blind!!?
 
Last edited:

Zorra_akuma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
825
Reaction score
1,188
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Was getting to it. It isn't exactly a short work to got through 180 pages.
Here is the link to the changes. (I couldn't get Imgur to properly upload them for some reason.) There are more but they are just background, shadowing or speedlines.
By the way, the volume also includes Chion's special chapter, without the title page.

There is added text on pic 17 compared to pic 18 from the serialization.
It says: He... is blind!!?
Thank you for your hard work ❤
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Interesting moltrech armor was almost a bird and a demon looking huh
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
It's good that they put Chion's backstory there. Is the short one with Mel and Gil also in a volume somewhere? I think not?
 

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
3,448
Reaction score
16,950
Gender
Male
Country
France
It's good that they put Chion's backstory there. Is the short one with Mel and Gil also in a volume somewhere? I think not?
It is included in Volume 11, at the end just like the Chion one.
 

Zorra_akuma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
825
Reaction score
1,188
Gender
Female
Country
United States

volume 13 cover is Gawain
 

Brim787

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2020
Messages
300
Reaction score
323
Age
26
Country
United States
can see the golden color schemes bouncing off that purple demon realm nicely .
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
Didn't expect golden armors for all of them. Kinda funny when they aren't that strong overall.

No Zeldris or Gelda. I guess it would have been too spoilerific?
 

Yakkun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
4,341
Reaction score
4,226
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
BRUH that is a lot of gold.

Mortlach in green and gold and white stands out. Incidently that was buff Gawain's colour scheme as well. Maaybe I'm reading too much into it.

Gawain in the front tho UwU
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
I remember when some of us thought that the knight with the 3 faces helmet could be the Green Knight...
 

Yakkun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
4,341
Reaction score
4,226
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I remember when some of us thought that the knight with the 3 faces helmet could be the Green Knight...
Wasn't the same possibility in the room for Mortlach as well? Anyway, since they all have gold or brass armor I doubt anyone of them really gets that title.

I went back through the early chapters and during the knight conference about the 4KotA I spotted Tri-Face and Brackla in that meeting, too, among some of the yet unrevealed knights. So while they got fodderized by Gawain I don't think they are utterly without skill. So far only competent knights have been shown from that meeting, of course Pellegarde and Ironside included.
 

Zorra_akuma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
825
Reaction score
1,188
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Didn't expect golden armors for all of them. Kinda funny when they aren't that strong overall.

No Zeldris or Gelda. I guess it would have been too spoilerific?
I think so unfortunately 😭

gawain looks cool but the gold is so ugly
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
Wasn't the same possibility in the room for Mortlach as well? Anyway, since they all have gold or brass armor I doubt anyone of them really gets that title.

I went back through the early chapters and during the knight conference about the 4KotA I spotted Tri-Face and Brackla in that meeting, too, among some of the yet unrevealed knights. So while they got fodderized by Gawain I don't think they are utterly without skill. So far only competent knights have been shown from that meeting, of course Pellegarde and Ironside included.
Not sure. I think Mortlach wasn't on people's radar until his appearance at Sistana with the name reveal and all.

Some thought he could be related to Escanor or his reincarnation etc. I didn't think much of him because of his name though.

They can't be that bad, but compared to colored knights like Ironside and Pel they are clearly fodder.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Thinking about all of this, I realize that the manga is 2 years old. It doesn't feel like it :lmao.
 

Yakkun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
4,341
Reaction score
4,226
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Not sure. I think Mortlach wasn't on people's radar until his appearance at Sistana with the name reveal and all.

Some thought he could be related to Escanor or his reincarnation etc. I didn't think much of him because of his name though.

They can't be that bad, but compared to colored knights like Ironside and Pel they are clearly fodder.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Thinking about all of this, I realize that the manga is 2 years old. It doesn't feel like it :lmao.
Sure but Pelle and Ironside are likely top tier knights and reserved for way later in the story. If any of the knights in Mortlach's group (excluding Tomintoul for now since he's fishy as hell) are even remotely close to non-colour knight level such as Jericho's, then they are still very strong.
 
Top