Games Mafia Game 113 - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - GAME END

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,816
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
GAME END


Within one swift night, the world's deadlock was broken. Moebius lost full control of the world, and the Endless now came to an end.

But, the new world that would be created would not be a return to what should have been in the truest sense. No, just one individual outsmarted all and gained the strength to reforge the world to his own desires.






RISE NOW, WINNER OF MAFIA GAME #113!



♾️ HARDY ♾️
🎅 SANTA CLAUS 🎅






Parties lost to the endless now...


Town


🐦 Farfalla 🐦
Psychiatrist // Ouroboros



👊 GB 👊
Townie // Ouroboros




❔ Tatsumaki ❔
Townie // Ouroboros


💣 Baka Taichou 💣
Townie



Mafia



🧠 Jammin 🧠
Mafia Boss




__________________________________________________________________________________________________

There are a few thank yous I want to make before I head off to bed because HOLY FUCK it is late.

Firstly, to my wonderful co-host and friend @Lambu for helping me build this game that I'm incredibly proud of. We put a lot of time into it, and I'm thrilled with how it turned out. It wouldn't of been anything like this without your expertise and input so thank you for joining me on creating this! 🙏

Secondly, thank you to @Marmalade! You nailed the aesthetic with the avatars and this game wouldn't of looked anywhere near as nice as it did without all your hard work! Thank you for helping me reach my creative vision! 🙏

Thirdly, I'd like to give a thank you to @Copy Panda! Not only was the furry fella our substitute in case he was needed, but in the early days of idea brewing late last year, I had the idea of adapting The Devil from the Chainsaw Man game I got to co-host with him and tweaking it for a new setting. He gave me his blessing and was another pivotal point of feedback for game construction so thank you my friend 🙏

Fourthly, this game nearly had a completely different set-up due to player numbers, but in the face of adversity some incredible people stepped up to fill the plate- Bel, Jammin, Kat: thank you for helping us reach the number of players we needed for the game to run as we envisioned, and for your crucial parts that you played!

Finally, thank you to all the players! I'm so glad you all joined us for this game. I love the Xenoblade series and I had a wonderful time creating the game with Lambu, as well as hosting it! Thank you to all who made it possible, and on one last note: CONGRATULATIONS HARDY!!!


JOIN THE ENDLESS NOW (DEADPAD)​
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
What post is this referring to or this just general sentiment? I don‘t share Farf‘s sentiment of Lover shenanigans atm so we should be doing fine if last night‘s kill was prevented.

If you wanna be a helpful townie, who would you lynch next Day, like 1/2 names don‘t just give a bunch of names.
Next day you'll have Jammin - assuming you believe Belserion. That is a bird in hand that doesn't require believing me or GB - noting that we are generally considered untrustworthy in many games.

But if you want 1 or 2 - pick your fave from digitaldude or Farfalla.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Elaborate. What was the smart play, was I supposed to think you‘re the second town Det?
If you're town being so 'certain' on reflection will look like you are coercing by force and as a result you'll be lynched/blamed etc etc
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Next day you'll have Jammin - assuming you believe Belserion. That is a bird in hand that doesn't require believing me or GB - noting that we are generally considered untrustworthy in many games.

But if you want 1 or 2 - pick your fave from digitaldude or Farfalla.
It‘s less about believing Bel for me and more about believing if her Spy is Sane or not, but we‘ll have to find that out.

Your fave between DD and Farf is DD right? Did you mention why?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If you're town being so 'certain' on reflection will look like you are coercing by force and as a result you'll be lynched/blamed etc etc
Need to put my leg down somewhere. I‘ve been trolled before by mafias playing it serious til the end so can only stand with my choice and not second guess it post-lock, but I understand what you mean. I don‘t have much else to say til next day so should probably not spam.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
@Baka Taichou i can't quote right now and still back reading, but I'm not lying about my results. The only question was raised by Gry and that's my spy sanity. My result said Jammin targeted Erin the night she died then I blocked him the next day because of it. His convenient doctor claim means he wouldn't know if his "protection" was successful hence disregarding my block. This is why I kept tagging him to reveal or at least say if his role usage was successful because I didn't want him to use my results to tailor his claim. But of course he evaded all attempts and ended up doing just that. I may be tunnel visioning him right now but I don't see what all the secretiveness was about if doctor was his actual role. The way he was all "I could reveal but should I?" as if he was sitting on some great reveal isn't consistent with his claim imo.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
It‘s less about believing Bel for me and more about believing if her Spy is Sane or not, but we‘ll have to find that out.

Your fave between DD and Farf is DD right? Did you mention why?
Okay.

Because I struggle to see Farf being mafia. She would need to have used mafia det on Demonspeed or something. If this is true we're pretty much done for, and kudos. digitaldude is simpler. It's lazy but I'd need a good reason to flip that.
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
@Farfalla out of Brandish and Jammin, Glimmer wonders, which one are you thinking is safer for us to lynch today?


Brandish (Claims Detective)
Action:
Night 1 - DD Innocent
Night 2 - Farfalla Guilty

GB claims blocking Brandish on Night 2 but got results on Night 2.

  1. Brandish is lying about being Detective in which case he got blocked Night 2 = no kill night 2
  2. GB is lying
  3. Mafia blocked GB who blocked Brandish = Brandish has results on N2


Jammin (Claims Doctor)
Action:
Night 1 - Kat
Night 2- Farfalla

Bel claims Jammin targeted Erin Night 1 (Erin died that night). Bel blocked Jammin Night 2 and there was no kill.

  1. Jammin is lying about being doctor and he is a scum who killed Erin, in which case he got blocked Night 2 = 2 no kill night 2
  2. Bel is lying
  3. If Mafia blocked Bel night 2, there is no way of knowing since there would be no response to her blocking either way

Glimmer thinks both are being yikes, but she wants to know which one is being less risky to go for today.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
@Lambu @SirSamuel016 are you able to tell us what variety of Spy and Doctor are associated with the ouroboros mechanic?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Lambu @SirSamuel016 are you able to tell us what variety of Spy and Doctor are associated with the ouroboros mechanic?
Nevermind, let the OP stand. Apologies
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,129
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
@Baka Taichou i can't quote right now and still back reading, but I'm not lying about my results. The only question was raised by Gry and that's my spy sanity. My result said Jammin targeted Erin the night she died then I blocked him the next day because of it. His convenient doctor claim means he wouldn't know if his "protection" was successful hence disregarding my block. This is why I kept tagging him to reveal or at least say if his role usage was successful because I didn't want him to use my results to tailor his claim. But of course he evaded all attempts and ended up doing just that. I may be tunnel visioning him right now but I don't see what all the secretiveness was about if doctor was his actual role. The way he was all "I could reveal but should I?" as if he was sitting on some great reveal isn't consistent with his claim imo.
On the same vein as Kat not trusting Gry's "it should be easy to use my role", Jammin claimed "this role seems fun to use" and doctor is just... PMing a name and hoping it doesn't die. Absurdly fun.

He did post his jokes I guess.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

!votelock Brandish should confirm me as our sole Det.
...how?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
@Farfalla out of Brandish and Jammin, Glimmer wonders, which one are you thinking is safer for us to lynch today?


Brandish (Claims Detective)
Action:
Night 1 - DD Innocent
Night 2 - Farfalla Guilty

GB claims blocking Brandish on Night 2 but got results on Night 2.

  1. Brandish is lying about being Detective in which case he got blocked Night 2 = no kill night 2
  2. GB is lying
  3. Mafia blocked GB who blocked Brandish = Brandish has results on N2


Jammin (Claims Doctor)
Action:
Night 1 - Kat
Night 2- Farfalla

Bel claims Jammin targeted Erin Night 1 (Erin died that night). Bel blocked Jammin Night 2 and there was no kill.

  1. Jammin is lying about being doctor and he is a scum who killed Erin, in which case he got blocked Night 2 = 2 no kill night 2
  2. Bel is lying
  3. If Mafia blocked Bel night 2, there is no way of knowing since there would be no response to her blocking either way

Glimmer thinks both are being yikes, but she wants to know which one is being less risky to go for today.
Hm, I think it doesn't matter a lot if we go with Bran or Jamz.

Again, I believe in both Misho and Bel. Misho said very early he was surprised that mafia didn't pick you up as freeman so I expected he'd say he protected you. I see nothing antitown in him and Misho has always talked in Misho ways game after game so I have lil problem with what people call evasion - Bran and Jamz have done that way more. I also don't believe that Bel' Spy isn't sane - prolly cause I also don't believe we have dets. But also cause it's just so troll... it's like we prolly just have 2 Spy usages in game with the CD, possibly more later on but that's only possibly. Putting a sanity that would sabotage us doesn't seem to serve the game comp at all and from a design POV I don't belive in that.

Having those beliefs as a guideline, then Jamz shouldn't have an Ouro, 'cause he performed Mafia's first kill and I don't think a mafia Ouro wouldn't be used on D1 considering it would undergo a for that action right after and the game ain't that long. I guess it's more optimal to try to lynch a mafia that has an/the Ouro, so Bran could be a better bet in that sense (tho I still suspect that Hardy mafia/lover/ouro thing I've mentioned). Bran also directly challenged GB as a liar, but interestingly enough, a legit Bran can't tell if it's me or DD that is scum - still, he prefers to "gamble" and lynch DD than lynching GB that he'd be certain to be a liar. Since Bran's scum, that makes total sense - DD dying as townie allows him to say "oops, it's Farfalla then" while GB dying as town is a bullet to his head.

Ok all this to say maybe Bran's a better pick 'cause it seems that Jamz doesn't have an Ouro, but imo it doesn't matter a lot.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@SirSamuel016 @Lambu sorry if you've said that already, but if a mafia gets lynched with an Ouro and passes it to a teammate, do the CDs reset?
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,816
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
@SirSamuel016 @Lambu sorry if you've said that already, but if a mafia gets lynched with an Ouro and passes it to a teammate, do the CDs reset?
No, the cooldowns are inherited with the role as part of its existing history in the game.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,129
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I had assumed ouroboros reset or otw townies need to guess which ability they have available. Welp.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
@Lambu @SirSamuel016 are you able to tell us what variety of Spy and Doctor are associated with the ouroboros mechanic?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Nevermind, let the OP stand. Apologies
And what did you find there? Cause I couldn't find the answer in the OP.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

No, the cooldowns are inherited with the role as part of its existing history in the game.
So great, no drawback in lynching a mafia with an Ouro. Just extra value cause it will take them 1 turn to pass the Ouro to a teammate.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,129
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Assuming he flips mafia. Unless you think I‘d contest Det as Mafia if a teammate used it or if Santa
I would think those are possibilities yes.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,129
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I would trust the sanities.
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,095
Gender
Female
Country
France
Votekill Brandish
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hmm. So I guess it's Brandish or me at the point. I can't prove that Bel is lying or misguided or whatever and she was on my trust list so I can't really fault people if they lean that way.

Votelock Jammin
I really don't think your lying but in the interest of self preservation... right back at ya, buddy. Votelkill Brandish.

Whichever of us it is can take solace in the fact that we died like our hero David Carradine. :kappa
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Bran also directly challenged GB as a liar, but interestingly enough, a legit Bran can't tell if it's me or DD that is scum - still, he prefers to "gamble" and lynch DD than lynching GB that he'd be certain to be a liar.
You're omitting numerous posts where I state that determing you mafia is a tall order.

You're also ignoring numerous posts from me at GB confronting his lie. Remember when I asked about Doc or Spy? You quoted me.

GB has lied as town numerous times to implicate a hunch or be bait, too.
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
You quoted my post a lot but are still missing that GB blocking Brandish could also be a reason we got no kill, thought that‘s why you even voted Brandish initially? Maybe you‘re confused by him stating he wasn‘t blocked, but from his posts it‘s clear he hoped to cause some DD vs Farf mislynch damage.

As for Farf, I thought she could be Ouroboros but DD disproved it. And main role M. Det, it is possible but unlikely? We can‘t know what the hosts were thinking until postgame, but getting rid of fake Det Brandish should bring us in the right direction for the rest of the scums. Wouldn‘t go for Farf unless we‘re scraping the bottom of the barrel/are done with all scums and only „confirmed“ people are left. Traitors/Lovers will reopen everyone for suspecting if it gets to that with missing kills anyway.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



I played Det countless times by now, the role likes me. Pretty much always did well with it too. Call it arrogance if you will, but I quickly ate those words later on D1 when I noticed all the vanillas I think I made a post saying how it‘s very inconvenient for me, was thinking of having to navigate Millers.
yea I missed that part about lawl blocking brand in my post think i mentioned it after
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top