Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,369
Gender
Male
Country
France
Sure but Pelle and Ironside are likely top tier knights and reserved for way later in the story. If any of the knights in Mortlach's group (excluding Tomintoul for now since he's fishy as hell) are even remotely close to non-colour knight level such as Jericho's, then they are still very strong.
That was long before we knew about the Four Perils. The Lancelot reveal hadn't even happened yet.

Since Ironside was the Red Knight and Pel the Black, people assumed that there would be at least one colored knight like this as opponent to a KoA. And Gawain's story with the Green Knight is well known so we tried to guess who it was if he was among the knights in the room.

With the Four Perils title mentioned by Guin this theory is pretty much confirmed AFAIR. Ironside is obviously Percival's opponent. Pel is a strange case, he is more into Percival, he might become an ally, or get killed and replaced by someone else who could become Tristan's opponent? Jericho isn't a colored knight and we never heard of a Green Knight. But there should be one.
 

Yakkun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
4,341
Reaction score
4,226
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That was long before we knew about the Four Perils. The Lancelot reveal hadn't even happened yet.

Since Ironside was the Red Knight and Pel the Black, people assumed that there would be at least one colored knight like this as opponent to a KoA. And Gawain's story with the Green Knight is well known so we tried to guess who it was if he was among the knights in the room.

With the Four Perils title mentioned by Guin this theory is pretty much confirmed AFAIR. Ironside is obviously Percival's opponent. Pel is a strange case, he is more into Percival, he might become an ally, or get killed and replaced by someone else who could become Tristan's opponent? Jericho isn't a colored knight and we never heard of a Green Knight. But there should be one.
You are right of course. I didn't mean to argue that point or contradict it if that was the impression I gave? I was merely stating an observation, namely that the idea of the green knight being some seemingly powerful and obviously named knight that is preferably also rather close to king Arthur is obviously being looked for by the audience. Obviously because of the whole history with Gawain.

So yeah, everytime someone shows up that could in some way have a tangent with Gawain or what she symbolically represents, it is only natural that the fanbase will throw ideas at the wall to see what sticks.

Heck, even if we leave Gawain specifically out of that, there obviously are other coloured, named knights. Even our dear suspect Tomintoul might turn out to be someone else than what he currently poses for and THAT somebody in turn might now be titled with a colour. I mean, IF Tomintoul = Nanashi, then that isn't entirely unlikely. The more prominent characters in this manga may even have multiple names or nicknames; Ironside not only goes by the Red Knight but also by his monicker "assassin".
 

Killerbee12

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2016
Messages
563
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Country
United States
It never was states that Jericho wasn’t a color knight, she is obviously super strong. We don’t know nothing yet
 

Mighty Escanor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
707
Reaction score
2,186
Country
Winterfell
I remember when some of us thought that the knight with the 3 faces helmet could be the Green Knight...
And some believed the knight with a pair of antlers is in fact the green knight.

Not sure. I think Mortlach wasn't on people's radar until his appearance at Sistana with the name reveal and all.

Some thought he could be related to Escanor or his reincarnation etc. I didn't think much of him because of his name though.

They can't be that bad, but compared to colored knights like Ironside and Pel they are clearly fodder.
Sure but Pelle and Ironside are likely top tier knights and reserved for way later in the story. If any of the knights in Mortlach's group (excluding Tomintoul for now since he's fishy as hell) are even remotely close to non-colour knight level such as Jericho's, then they are still very strong.
I don't know if you guys consider TALISKER, THE AMBER KNIGHT, a color knight or not. But Ironside and Pellergarde have a ton of privileges over their fellow CKs.
These two are lore based non-alcohol color knights, and Ironside is confirmed to be a member of four perils.

Alcohol knights don't seem to have the same importance than those present in old stories or NnT itself. I guess even of alcohol knights are associated with a color, it would be anything other than green or blue.

Ironsid, the red, and Pellegarde the black are both from tales of Sir Gareth. Based on the pattern, we can expect to see Pertolope, the green knight, and Persant, the blue knight serving King Arthur. And there is a chance that these knights are the four Perils!

But Nakaba doesn't have to stick to these names. Bertilak is a good candidate for the green knight. Jericho's ice magic as well as her significance to the plot makes her a possible candidate for the blue knight. I bet any other color knight will have a random name not found in Arthurian legends nor NnT. I also guess golden armor os kind of like the basic color considering how everyone in Mortlach's team wears golden armor.
 

Yakkun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
4,341
Reaction score
4,226
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, Talisker IS the amber knight, so yeah, I do consider him one of the colours. But we don't know if there is some innate ranking with the colours implied or it just means they have some renown or are part of Arthurs inner circle. We simply know too little.

I also don't think Talisker was weak just because Percival disposed of him so early on. A good part of that was understanding how strange and uncommon Percival's magic was even back then before it evolved into what it is now. Had he focused a bit more and underestimated Percival less he could've put up much more of a fight, I think. As for his durability, that likely wasn't really his strong suit.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,369
Gender
Male
Country
France
It never was states that Jericho wasn’t a color knight, she is obviously super strong. We don’t know nothing yet
She is called Star-Visor Knight and only the star on her helmet is blue according to what we have seen in the GoE trailer. She isn't one of them.

Pellegarde was strong enough beat Gawain with ease while Jericho had trouble against Guila. She isn't at his level.
 

Vortigern

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2021
Messages
774
Reaction score
1,780
Age
31
Country
Finland
The colors on the volume cover are strange. Livet apparently wears not just a golden suit of armor, but also a golden cloak to go along with it. Or is it supposed to be a yellow cloak and Nakaba just used the exact same shade for both the cloak and the armor? Either way it's ugly, but the others look okay. Nakaba apparently decided to switch from knights with colored armor to knights with colored accessories like capes and hats. I wonder if they still follow the color naming scheme? In that case Mortlach would probably be green, Tomintoul blue, Rosebank pink, Glenesk ultramarine, Lochranza white, Brackla orange and Livet presumably yellow/gold or some shade of red(perhaps scarlet or ruby) if we go by the hat. I would expect the green and white knights to be stronger than this, but it's not totally out of the question.

That was long before we knew about the Four Perils. The Lancelot reveal hadn't even happened yet.

Since Ironside was the Red Knight and Pel the Black, people assumed that there would be at least one colored knight like this as opponent to a KoA. And Gawain's story with the Green Knight is well known so we tried to guess who it was if he was among the knights in the room.

With the Four Perils title mentioned by Guin this theory is pretty much confirmed AFAIR. Ironside is obviously Percival's opponent. Pel is a strange case, he is more into Percival, he might become an ally, or get killed and replaced by someone else who could become Tristan's opponent? Jericho isn't a colored knight and we never heard of a Green Knight. But there should be one.
Regarding the Green Knight, this is a total crackpot theory, but I've considered the possibility that Nakaba may have decided to save him for later due to his relation to Gawain. For example, let's say there used to be a Green Knight in Camelot but they disappeared/died and were replaced by some other color. Later down the line some Chaos shenanigans happen and he resurfaces with a huge power boost that makes him a suitable endgame enemy for Gawain.

I will say that a potential problem with this idea is that Anne's mom seemed to be one of Camelot's oldest knights alongside Varghese, Ironside and Pellegarde, so a candidate for one of the primary colors. I strongly feel like she'll come back in some form eventually, which might overlap too much with this Green Knight scenario. I guess she could even be the Green Knight if not for the fact that she has to be an enemy for Anne.

And some believed the knight with a pair of antlers is in fact the green knight.




I don't know if you guys consider TALISKER, THE AMBER KNIGHT, a color knight or not. But Ironside and Pellergarde have a ton of privileges over their fellow CKs.
These two are lore based non-alcohol color knights, and Ironside is confirmed to be a member of four perils.

Alcohol knights don't seem to have the same importance than those present in old stories or NnT itself. I guess even of alcohol knights are associated with a color, it would be anything other than green or blue.

Ironsid, the red, and Pellegarde the black are both from tales of Sir Gareth. Based on the pattern, we can expect to see Pertolope, the green knight, and Persant, the blue knight serving King Arthur. And there is a chance that these knights are the four Perils!

But Nakaba doesn't have to stick to these names. Bertilak is a good candidate for the green knight. Jericho's ice magic as well as her significance to the plot makes her a possible candidate for the blue knight. I bet any other color knight will have a random name not found in Arthurian legends nor NnT. I also guess golden armor os kind of like the basic color considering how everyone in Mortlach's team wears golden armor.
Something that intrigued me about the antler knight is that face and chest are completely shaded even though the knight next to him is totally visible. It's like there's just a void where the antler knight's body should be. This gave me the idea that maybe he is just an empty suit of armor, which would sort of fit the story of Gawain beheading the Green Knight and the knight just reattaching his head afterwards like it was nothing.

As for Jericho, in the Grudge of Edinburgh trailer her armor was grey with a teal visor. I guess you could spin that as blue, especially if the CKs' colors are now determined by their accessories, but I feel like grey would be a more likely candidate for her color.
 

Mighty Escanor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
707
Reaction score
2,186
Country
Winterfell
Well, Talisker IS the amber knight, so yeah, I do consider him one of the colours. But we don't know if there is some innate ranking with the colours implied or it just means they have some renown or are part of Arthurs inner circle. We simply know too little.

I also don't think Talisker was weak just because Percival disposed of him so early on. A good part of that was understanding how strange and uncommon Percival's magic was even back then before it evolved into what it is now. Had he focused a bit more and underestimated Percival less he could've put up much more of a fight, I think. As for his durability, that likely wasn't really his strong suit.
I mean names and colors that follow a pattern are probably more important than others. So I don't give a color knight or even a lore-based knight too much credit unless they prove themselves important to the plot.

Talikser has been a jobber color knight who jobbed in his debut arc, and in the training arc.

Mortlach and Tomintoul are not associated with a color, and their names are irrelevant to Arthurian legends, but they had not fallen far behind the likes of Pelle and Irosnside.

The colors on the volume cover are strange. Livet apparently wears not just a golden suit of armor, but also a golden cloak to go along with it. Or is it supposed to be a yellow cloak and Nakaba just used the exact same shade for both the cloak and the armor? Either way it's ugly, but the others look okay. Nakaba apparently decided to switch from knights with colored armor to knights with colored accessories like capes and hats. I wonder if they still follow the color naming scheme? In that case Mortlach would probably be green, Tomintoul blue, Rosebank pink, Glenesk ultramarine, Lochranza white, Brackla orange and Livet presumably yellow/gold or some shade of red(perhaps scarlet or ruby) if we go by the hat. I would expect the green and white knights to be stronger than this, but it's not totally out of the question.


Regarding the Green Knight, this is a total crackpot theory, but I've considered the possibility that Nakaba may have decided to save him for later due to his relation to Gawain. For example, let's say there used to be a Green Knight in Camelot but they disappeared/died and were replaced by some other color. Later down the line some Chaos shenanigans happen and he resurfaces with a huge power boost that makes him a suitable endgame enemy for Gawain.

I will say that a potential problem with this idea is that Anne's mom seemed to be one of Camelot's oldest knights alongside Varghese, Ironside and Pellegarde, so a candidate for one of the primary colors. I strongly feel like she'll come back in some form eventually, which might overlap too much with this Green Knight scenario. I guess she could even be the Green Knight if not for the fact that she has to be an enemy for Anne.


Something that intrigued me about the antler knight is that face and chest are completely shaded even though the knight next to him is totally visible. It's like there's just a void where the antler knight's body should be. This gave me the idea that maybe he is just an empty suit of armor, which would sort of fit the story of Gawain beheading the Green Knight and the knight just reattaching his head afterwards like it was nothing.

As for Jericho, in the Grudge of Edinburgh trailer her armor was grey with a teal visor. I guess you could spin that as blue, especially if the CKs' colors are now determined by their accessories, but I feel like grey would be a more likely candidate for her color.
Oh I forgot about that trailer. OK, Jericho can't be associated with blue!

Anne's mom return as an enemy is just too cruel. I admit it's a scenario of high potential, but I don't think I'll enjoy it. Poor Anne doesn't deserve to face her mom in such a situation.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,369
Gender
Male
Country
France
With the movie airing soon I hope this volume will have Tristan's Genesis.

Regarding the Green Knight, this is a total crackpot theory, but I've considered the possibility that Nakaba may have decided to save him for later due to his relation to Gawain. For example, let's say there used to be a Green Knight in Camelot but they disappeared/died and were replaced by some other color. Later down the line some Chaos shenanigans happen and he resurfaces with a huge power boost that makes him a suitable endgame enemy for Gawain.

I will say that a potential problem with this idea is that Anne's mom seemed to be one of Camelot's oldest knights alongside Varghese, Ironside and Pellegarde, so a candidate for one of the primary colors. I strongly feel like she'll come back in some form eventually, which might overlap too much with this Green Knight scenario. I guess she could even be the Green Knight if not for the fact that she has to be an enemy for Anne.


Something that intrigued me about the antler knight is that face and chest are completely shaded even though the knight next to him is totally visible. It's like there's just a void where the antler knight's body should be. This gave me the idea that maybe he is just an empty suit of armor, which would sort of fit the story of Gawain beheading the Green Knight and the knight just reattaching his head afterwards like it was nothing.

As for Jericho, in the Grudge of Edinburgh trailer her armor was grey with a teal visor. I guess you could spin that as blue, especially if the CKs' colors are now determined by their accessories, but I feel like grey would be a more likely candidate for her color.
For this to be plausible, the Four Perils have to be unrelated to the colored knights. Only Ironside has been confirmed to be one of them but I'd be surprised if Pellegarde wasn't.
 

Zorra_akuma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
825
Reaction score
1,188
Gender
Female
Country
United States
With the movie airing soon I hope this volume will have Tristan's Genesis.



For this to be plausible, the Four Perils have to be unrelated to the colored knights. Only Ironside has been confirmed to be one of them but I'd be surprised if Pellegarde wasn't.
Genesis?
 

Zorra_akuma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
825
Reaction score
1,188
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Isn't it how they call them in the volumes? I am not sure anymore. I am talking about the extra pages with the designs he considered for him etc.
OHHHH
 

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
3,448
Reaction score
16,948
Gender
Male
Country
France
The 13th volume just came out, here are the extras.

TL:
Page 2:
Hello, I am Mini-Percival.
But I'm not too much satisfied with that name.
So don't call me that way.

Page 4:
Title: I don't believe you

How're you doing, Shubart?
Great! And I'm happy that you've been doing very well, lord Percival!
I heard that you had some troublesome battles on the surface.

The king Arthur revived Galan and Merascullah, the Demon Ten Commandments
and had them fight us!!

The two heroes of Truth and Faith...
What they did to the dead heroes is blasphemous!!

Then, just as I thought, did Meliodas...
Tristan beat them.

Ahah...
That can't be right, can it?

Excuse me? He actually did.
You must be dreaming back then, right?
I wasn't dreaming though?
No, no, there's no way he did.

THE END

Page 5:
Title: A certain night in the Demon realm

Lord Percival!!

Where are you going?
Hum, I'm going out on a little stroll.
Please be careful out there.

If I recall right, it's that hole.

Page 6:
I'm back...

Page 7:
It's the God's Finger.

Page 9:
The king Arthur's Camelot is right in front of us.
Dad must also be there.
I will knock the two of them to their feet and find out from them the reason why they treated Gramps and me the way they did.

...but rest assured,
because I've got many friends...
But...

I still miss you, Gramps.

THE END

Page 16:
We must always act with the worst-case scenario in mind.

The next volume, as well as the first MnY fanbook, will release on october 17th.
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,369
Gender
Male
Country
France
Oh, no Tristan Genesis after all.

Percival's discussion with Schwartz explains why the latter was so salty.
 

Yakkun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
4,341
Reaction score
4,226
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ah shit, Perci going home to visit his grandpa's grave really moved me for some reason. Tearing up a little. My boy has grown a lot since the start.
 

Zorra_akuma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
825
Reaction score
1,188
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The 13th volume just came out, here are the extras.

TL:
Page 2:
Hello, I am Mini-Percival.
But I'm not too much satisfied with that name.
So don't call me that way.

Page 4:
Title: I don't believe you

How've you been, Shubart?
Great! I'm happy that you've been doing very well, lord Percival!
I heard that you had some troublesome battles on the surface.

The king Arthur revived Galan and Merascullah, the Demon Ten Commandments
and had them fight us!!

The two heroes of Truth and Faith...
How blasphemous towards the dead heroes!!

Then, just as I thought, did Meliodas...
Tristan beat them.

Ahah...
That can't be right, can it?

Excuse me? He actually did.
You must be dreaming, right?
I wasn't dreaming though?
No, no, there's no way he did.

THE END

Page 5:
Title: A certain night in the Demon realm

Lord Percival!!

Where are you going?
Hum, I'm going out on a little stroll.
Please be careful out there.

If I recall right, it's that hole.

Page 6:
I'm back.

Page 7:
It's the God's Finger.

Page 9:
The king Arthur's Camelot is right in front of us.
Dad must also be there.
I will knock the two of them to their feet and find out from them the reason why they treated Gramps and me the way they did.

...but rest assured,
because i've got many friends...
But...

I miss you, Gramps.

THE END

Page 16:
We must always act with the worst-case scenario in mind.

The next volume, as well as the first MnY fanbook, will release on october 17th.
Awe Percy going to visit his grandpa's crave and talking to him was so sweet I loved that Lance followed him too it was so cute they have a nice relationship. It's also interesting seeing as varg was chilling in that cave in chapter 1. To think he knew it was a portal to the demon realm is kinda funny to think about now. Also Schwarz not believing Percy about Tristan was funny
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,369
Gender
Male
Country
France
Ah shit, Perci going home to visit his grandpa's grave really moved me for some reason. Tearing up a little. My boy has grown a lot since the start.
There are a few moments here and there where he shows that he isn't as naive or carefree as people think. Like when he lied that he needed to go to the toilet to hide that he was depressed after seeing Ironside's face. Or his discussion with Anne after the battle Liones showing that he himself thinks that he might not be Human. Makes me more curious to know how he'll react to Bouncyval's reveal.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don't think we had seen their rooms in the DR before. I guess Chion managed to share his room with Tristan since all the other guys are together.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,369
Gender
Male
Country
France
I guess with the incoming fan book we'll finally know the names of Lancelot and Tristan's Magics. Or it means we'll learn more about them before its releease.
 
Top