Games Mafia Game 116 - Ghiblification - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,926
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
🍃 Night Actions 🎥

Here are this game's night actions! Players are sorted by the order they die as usual.




This game was largely designed around trialling the new Serial Killer as well as trying out a new role, the Clown. Despite being solo parties, we thought it would be interesting to see if the comp itself rather than specific roles could aid and hamper these two parties. There was a faux mafia party in three death millers, as well as a freeman that the two non-towns could hide behind. We deemed this little core of semi-pro-towns necessary for the single SK to hide behind + create some competition for the Clown in terms of sus candidates. Police Officer is there to catch the criminal serial killer (only the workday of the cop ends around dinner while the serial killer prowls around at midnight 😔).

We thought the standard core of Doc, Det and Prost complemented by Cowboy would be sufficient for the town to win with, aside from their numerical superiority. Troublemaker is a double-edged sword involved for everybody. NVD and Bomb are passed along town and can completely debilitate any of the TP's; especially the Bomb could have coldly ended the careers of either one of them. The strongest asset Town had was their numbers; SK would have to survive 4~5 phases whereas Clown has to inversely fight impatience while getting lynched early. If not, the town has enough bodies to throw at the Clown timer.

Overall, maybe aside the PO, we thought the comp was relatively balanced; it was also pretty close. The Clown almost died D1 but then deflated around D5. DD was on the chopping block the whole game, and could have still died rather easily had the last vote been unplaced or just stacked on Faust. Very entertaining! Hope to see all of you guys next game again.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Ah so you robbed Faust- that'd make you and him both Town if legit. That'd leave Wojak or even Farf for Clown, with Gry being mafia with someone else (Tatsu? Holt?)
Well everyone needs to reveal today, I am still reading the thread.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I’m not defuser and I haven’t used my action yet
At this point you might as well reveal what's your role
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,664
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
You said it yourself earlier this game that you're terrible at reading me Gry so I don't think you'll ever be fit to give me a proper evaluation. Your desperate attempts to try and claw out of getting caught red-handed is laughable. I found the scum N1 and pressed them D2. I found the scum N2 and now I'm pressing you because you are the scum I found.

Call me whatever you want but you should blame your teammate for making you do the kill last night. Who is your buddy? Holt?
Reading you with nothing else but your words, and reading you with knowing for a fact you're lying are 2 vastly different things, you can't even pretend you're making a point there. It's infinitely easier to tell "x lied here and here" in hindsight with knowledge.

"desperate attempts" are what both town and mafia should do in an ideal world. Taking a lynch lying face down is weak. And I'd like to believe people can see your lies before next day comes at least.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,843
Reaction score
16,824
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I can't, because I open my PM more times than once per day. I hosted last game where you wrote a lot of your thoughts in PMs, which you would do even more with Panda/Marm hosting. Your story never happened.
That was a first for me to be honest, and the only thing I've sent in my PM are my role actions. You won't get me to break the rule of quoting that shit though so nice try.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,664
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
in which way his play seem clownish? May I ask
->

Don't gamble if you bet without thinking things through. Why do you think Sam is mafia? He messed up his lie on Hermit last day, that means he didn't have a mafia nightpad where the discussed with Hermit who to pass NVD to. Likewise there was 0 need to lynch Hermit there instead of let DD get lynched. If he wanted just credibility for himself by sacrificing Hermit he would keep posting useless Spy results like "this passive role player didnt target anyone" or confirmed someone's target after they say it first. Until last phase where he sets up a townie for a mislynch and wins.

This action(+ Hermit lynch last day) is actively harmful for mafia cause as mafia. He is the clown.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@GrySun
on the off chance, you are paranoid, shouldn't there be a sane det too?
I'm not paranoid, there is no off chance. We had 2 Doctors(one of them likely Naive), 1 Prostitute and 1 Cowboy. Our Spy is a liar, I am the only investigate role we have.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
so he's not scum, he's clown?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm not paranoid, there is no off chance. We had 2 Doctors(one of them likely Naive), 1 Prostitute and 1 Cowboy. Our Spy is a liar, I am the only investigate role we have.
I see....then we have only 1 investigating role?
Looks bad for us
--- Double Post Merged, ---

could you be paranoid spy @SirSamuel016
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,664
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
so he's not scum, he's clown?
I mean, did you read why I think so? If you disagree, tell me which of the actions I wrote there make sense for a scum to do.

You can't say he lynched teammate Hermit for credibility, because he is marking himself as mafia by causing this mislynch. Lynched a mafia to mislynch a town next day to get mislynched himself. Only non-town this fits for is Clown who wants to get lynched.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I mean, did you read why I think so? If you disagree, tell me which of the actions I wrote there make sense for a scum to do.

You can't say he lynched teammate Hermit for credibility, because he is marking himself as mafia by causing this mislynch. Lynched a mafia to mislynch a town next day to get mislynched himself. Only non-town this fits for is Clown who wants to get lynched.
hmm so we cannot lynch Sam...who do we Lynch?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,664
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
could you be paranoid spy @SirSamuel016
No, he was forced to correct his story that he saw not only Hermit targeting Baka but also passing NVD to Asako. 1 accurate Paranoid Spy result can happen, 2 unheard of.

His whole vibe changed between Day 2 and Day 3. From stumbling around with Hermit lynch to outright lock on me. He is getting desperate to get lynched.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,843
Reaction score
16,824
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Reading you with nothing else but your words, and reading you with knowing for a fact you're lying are 2 vastly different things, you can't even pretend you're making a point there. It's infinitely easier to tell "x lied here and here" in hindsight with knowledge.

"desperate attempts" are what both town and mafia should do in an ideal world. Taking a lynch lying face down is weak. And I'd like to believe people can see your lies before next day comes at least.
I can say the same for you because I know what you did last night and it wasn't targeting Tatsu as you claim- I saw you target Brandish and the result says as much. You can lie here but the PMs from the host never lie.

Make me out to be whatever you think will help you save yourself but you have Brandish's blood on your hands.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,664
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
hmm so we cannot lynch Sam...who do we Lynch?
The 2 mafias are either DD and Tatsu.

Or if one is town both are town, meaning the 2 mafias are between Farfalla(vanilla Townie), Asako(vanilla Townie), Wojak(vanilla Townie), Faust(Police Officer), Holt(unknown active role).

DD lynch, if town, confirms Tatsu and Faust. If mafia, confirms Tatsu as scum.

Everyone else is more of a gamble in the DD = town scenario.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
No, he was forced to correct his story that he saw not only Hermit targeting Baka but also passing NVD to Asako. 1 accurate Paranoid Spy result can happen, 2 unheard of.

His whole vibe changed between Day 2 and Day 3. From stumbling around with Hermit lynch to outright lock on me. He is getting desperate to get lynched.
If you are the only investigating role, then you are likely sane.
Which means DD and Tatsu are scumss.
But DD said he pirated police. Which then is a lie.
Which would mean DD and Tatsu are scums...
And Sam is the clown?

Reads well....
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,664
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I can say the same for you because I know what you did last night and it wasn't targeting Tatsu as you claim- I saw you target Brandish and the result says as much. You can lie here but the PMs from the host never lie.
Are you sure you scrolled far enough down to see the full result? :lmao Sorry, that fit perfectly here.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Started my meetings spree alrdy and will only have a real break in 2.5h, couldn't finish backreading yet. But so far I think the reasons that Sam would have to lie are farfetched.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,664
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
If you are the only investigating role, then you are likely sane.
Which means DD and Tatsu are scumss.
But DD said he pirated police. Which then is a lie.
Which would mean DD and Tatsu are scums...
And Sam is the clown?

Reads well....
Pretty much. The only thing that doesn't fit there is Faust. Police Officer without Assassin in a small-ish game. That Faust would then be a townie. And DD dying as town would also lead to Faust being town. It is strange.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I’m not defuser and I haven’t used my action yet
Oh the possible spice where we wouldn't have to check who's the liar and gamble on a 50/50 with Sam/Gry, that we could just go for an 100 with both~
Jokes (or not) aside, bbl after meetings and fully back reading
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,664
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Started my meetings spree alrdy and will only have a real break in 2.5h, couldn't finish backreading yet. But so far I think the reasons that Sam would have to lie are farfetched.
As mafia it makes no sense. As Clown it is probably his only remaining way to get lynched. I assume he hoped Hermit was town so his result becomes impossible and he is lynched today but he accidentally struck mafia.

Just remember his "I didn't scroll down enough" with yesterday's result inconsistency. It's beyond silly to lose to something like this. This is worse than James' Temporary Doctor.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Hmm. On Sam vs Gry I need a bit of time to think this through. Btw this was my last post in the day yesterday

With 2 results that’s enough confirmation I guess. And there should be no motivation for scum Sam to do this so sloppily?

votekill Hermit
Said this because I found Sam not “seeing” the other result very strange. Now thinking about it, if anything he should’ve seen the NVD target first since that has a higher priority. He also mentioned “I also double-checked with hosts whether mafia can kill while also passing on NVD at night and they said YES, so I think I've got him red-handed.” So that technically means he responded to the message after he got the result to clarify and still didn’t see both results? Although these stand out a lot clearer to me, Sam easily accepting “correction” and going to double check and indeed see 2 results seemed a bit too sloppy for a fake claim so I eventually felt it was alright.


My actual thoughts- Sam is M.Det (or they have one) or clown. God I hate how this clown makes me wary but it is what it is. I actually think Hermit could’ve been D.Miller. Mafia knew this and got cheap points getting him lynched. If that’s correct, and with 4 antagonists potentially, then we should be at 3M-1C-4T right now ? It puts things into perspective that mislynching right now is game over since clown self destructs. If Sam is legit, the chances of catching 2 scum back to back is really weird. Gry seemed quite trusted by pretty much everyone so that’s an odd choice for a spy too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top