Games Mafia Game 116 - Ghiblification - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,926
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
🍃 Night Actions 🎥

Here are this game's night actions! Players are sorted by the order they die as usual.




This game was largely designed around trialling the new Serial Killer as well as trying out a new role, the Clown. Despite being solo parties, we thought it would be interesting to see if the comp itself rather than specific roles could aid and hamper these two parties. There was a faux mafia party in three death millers, as well as a freeman that the two non-towns could hide behind. We deemed this little core of semi-pro-towns necessary for the single SK to hide behind + create some competition for the Clown in terms of sus candidates. Police Officer is there to catch the criminal serial killer (only the workday of the cop ends around dinner while the serial killer prowls around at midnight 😔).

We thought the standard core of Doc, Det and Prost complemented by Cowboy would be sufficient for the town to win with, aside from their numerical superiority. Troublemaker is a double-edged sword involved for everybody. NVD and Bomb are passed along town and can completely debilitate any of the TP's; especially the Bomb could have coldly ended the careers of either one of them. The strongest asset Town had was their numbers; SK would have to survive 4~5 phases whereas Clown has to inversely fight impatience while getting lynched early. If not, the town has enough bodies to throw at the Clown timer.

Overall, maybe aside the PO, we thought the comp was relatively balanced; it was also pretty close. The Clown almost died D1 but then deflated around D5. DD was on the chopping block the whole game, and could have still died rather easily had the last vote been unplaced or just stacked on Faust. Very entertaining! Hope to see all of you guys next game again.​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Only later he randomly preferred wojak for a vote. Either to mislead us or to give teammate wojak credibility since he was he was getting lynched.
According to this, Hermit is my teammate...so he thinks I am scum

Faust clown Tatsu+DD mafia.
Faust clown and Tatsu + DD scum
A lot. For example you could‘ve been initially hyped to finally be mafia, then settle down, see Asako‘s vanilla claim and decide to go that route.
He is getting more convinced, I am scum

Maybe my plans aren't gonna work.
Dude get's it

After that Sam claims, he got dirt on Gry...and then dude does some math
Town. Simple math. If DD and Tatsu are mafia, Sam being clown means there's low chances there is a 4th scum.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,131
Reaction score
20,255
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Stop this clown shit. I am not clown! I am Officer (Pirated by DD if he is genuine)
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Idk. Hermit being vanilla townie would be a terrible thing, it could impact who we go for here.
Hermit being a DM that casually said he killed Sakura out of spite is just so grotesque I don't even wanna entertain that idea not to get mad... but yeah sure it's a possibility...
Right now it's as if all the stars aligned for Sam to decide to pin a kill on Hermit, which ended up backing up his accusations, and in a second lucky strike flipped DM as the cherry on the top, uh... I don't have a real problem per se with what he did with his PMs cause I skim too quickly and miss important things cause I didn't finish reading properly before jumping to the next point I'm interested at, but I single comment he made looked odder than the whole thing so I asked for the timeline. Anyways, that means Sam is a starting Clown who took a harder road by claiming active among vanilla claims (increasing his odds of dying at night and failing) and now came up with a very intricate plan to get lynched in the last min... And a not-so-good plan, cause if we'd lynch Gry and he'd flip town, we could simply ignore Sam to die in D5.

Just so many weird things...
If Sam's clown, mafia wouldn't know and would want him for getting to Hermit. They had to have the intel on Bran so they wouldn't just hastily jump on Sam. We should still not ignore a mafia det.

If Sam's Clown and Gry's legit, then DD's mafia pirate and... Tatsu would be the mafia det? Weird passive claim. Or wojak is mafia det and that was a slip, DD or Tatsu being his partner.

If Sam's legit then Gry's mafia along with another person that imo would be among DD, Tatsu and Wojak again. I trust Holt's claim and DD's vouching for Faust - even tho a PO looks very bastard at this point.

Then what's the mafia comp? Mafia Member, Det and Pirate? Assassin Det and Pirate? Mafia Member, Det and Assassin? Mafia Member, Det and ???

@Holt I can imagine it's uncomfortable and a hassle (I just spent my previous meeting with a poker face on and repeating "I'm sorry again" all the time...) but can you juggle RL to try to put together what would be the comp in scenarios where Sam's clown and where Gry's mafia? Let's not look at the stories per se but just see how we feel about it. I still can't easily accept the scenario where sloppy Clown Sam made all the wrong moves in the thread but was so on point about Hermit.

I'm very tempted to call for a lynch on Tatsu instead and test that Sam Clown theory tbh.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Faust clown and Tatsu + DD scum
DD's vouching for Faust as PO, don't think he'd do that for a Clown.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,131
Reaction score
20,255
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
You're Mafia Pirate @digitaldude? You're the evil kind of Pirate... not the Luffy kind. Shame on you! You're not getting the One Piece.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Hermit being a DM that casually said he killed Sakura out of spite is just so grotesque I don't even wanna entertain that idea not to get mad... but yeah sure it's a possibility...
Right now it's as if all the stars aligned for Sam to decide to pin a kill on Hermit, which ended up backing up his accusations, and in a second lucky strike flipped DM as the cherry on the top, uh... I don't have a real problem per se with what he did with his PMs cause I skim too quickly and miss important things cause I didn't finish reading properly before jumping to the next point I'm interested at, but I single comment he made looked odder than the whole thing so I asked for the timeline. Anyways, that means Sam is a starting Clown who took a harder road by claiming active among vanilla claims (increasing his odds of dying at night and failing) and now came up with a very intricate plan to get lynched in the last min... And a not-so-good plan, cause if we'd lynch Gry and he'd flip town, we could simply ignore Sam to die in D5.

Just so many weird things...
If Sam's clown, mafia wouldn't know and would want him for getting to Hermit. They had to have the intel on Bran so they wouldn't just hastily jump on Sam. We should still not ignore a mafia det.

If Sam's Clown and Gry's legit, then DD's mafia pirate and... Tatsu would be the mafia det? Weird passive claim. Or wojak is mafia det and that was a slip, DD or Tatsu being his partner.

If Sam's legit then Gry's mafia along with another person that imo would be among DD, Tatsu and Wojak again. I trust Holt's claim and DD's vouching for Faust - even tho a PO looks very bastard at this point.

Then what's the mafia comp? Mafia Member, Det and Pirate? Assassin Det and Pirate? Mafia Member, Det and Assassin? Mafia Member, Det and ???

@Holt I can imagine it's uncomfortable and a hassle (I just spent my previous meeting with a poker face on and repeating "I'm sorry again" all the time...) but can you juggle RL to try to put together what would be the comp in scenarios where Sam's clown and where Gry's mafia? Let's not look at the stories per se but just see how we feel about it. I still can't easily accept the scenario where sloppy Clown Sam made all the wrong moves in the thread but was so on point about Hermit.

I'm very tempted to call for a lynch on Tatsu instead and test that Sam Clown theory tbh.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



DD's vouching for Faust as PO, don't think he'd do that for a Clown.
If Gry is det, is he sane or paranoid? Considering he got both guilty
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,672
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
According to this, Hermit is my teammate...so he thinks I am scum



Faust clown and Tatsu + DD scum


He is getting more convinced, I am scum



Dude get's it

After that Sam claims, he got dirt on Gry...and then dude does some math
What‘s your point, that I change my mind often? A lot of your quotes are assumptions and what if scenarios. Also I thought sam was legit Spy in the earlier quotes so me being Insane Det was more likely than when Sam lied, making me believe I‘m sane and thus going with most obvious solution.

I think in the first game you played we had something similar, you kept suspecting me „because I sound like a mafia with a thorough plan“. Such surface level stuff. Was wrong there and is wrong here.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I think in the first game you played we had something similar, you kept suspecting me „because I sound like a mafia with a thorough plan“. Such surface level stuff. Was wrong there and is wrong here.
This time I am the Det tho
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,672
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Hermit being a DM that casually said he killed Sakura out of spite is just so grotesque I don't even wanna entertain that idea not to get mad... but yeah sure it's a possibility...
Right now it's as if all the stars aligned for Sam to decide to pin a kill on Hermit, which ended up backing up his accusations, and in a second lucky strike flipped DM as the cherry on the top, uh... I don't have a real problem per se with what he did with his PMs cause I skim too quickly and miss important things cause I didn't finish reading properly before jumping to the next point I'm interested at, but I single comment he made looked odder than the whole thing so I asked for the timeline. Anyways, that means Sam is a starting Clown who took a harder road by claiming active among vanilla claims (increasing his odds of dying at night and failing) and now came up with a very intricate plan to get lynched in the last min... And a not-so-good plan, cause if we'd lynch Gry and he'd flip town, we could simply ignore Sam to die in D5.

Just so many weird things...
If Sam's clown, mafia wouldn't know and would want him for getting to Hermit. They had to have the intel on Bran so they wouldn't just hastily jump on Sam. We should still not ignore a mafia det.

If Sam's Clown and Gry's legit, then DD's mafia pirate and... Tatsu would be the mafia det? Weird passive claim. Or wojak is mafia det and that was a slip, DD or Tatsu being his partner.

If Sam's legit then Gry's mafia along with another person that imo would be among DD, Tatsu and Wojak again. I trust Holt's claim and DD's vouching for Faust - even tho a PO looks very bastard at this point.

Then what's the mafia comp? Mafia Member, Det and Pirate? Assassin Det and Pirate? Mafia Member, Det and Assassin? Mafia Member, Det and ???

@Holt I can imagine it's uncomfortable and a hassle (I just spent my previous meeting with a poker face on and repeating "I'm sorry again" all the time...) but can you juggle RL to try to put together what would be the comp in scenarios where Sam's clown and where Gry's mafia? Let's not look at the stories per se but just see how we feel about it. I still can't easily accept the scenario where sloppy Clown Sam made all the wrong moves in the thread but was so on point about Hermit.

I'm very tempted to call for a lynch on Tatsu instead and test that Sam Clown theory tbh.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



DD's vouching for Faust as PO, don't think he'd do that for a Clown.
Sam is sick, at least I believe he isn‘t lying about that(only lying what his sickness made him do wrong), that + his history of multiple illogical acts as mafia that left people puzzled makes me not want to think too much into his thought process here. I know he‘s lying, him being clown is much more likely than being mafia given all surrounding details, so I will go with that as only explanation.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,131
Reaction score
20,255
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Ohh yeah Gry could be Paranoia Agent!

What a useless kind of detective... Thanks hosts...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This time I am the Det tho
Dafuq are you on about? You said you're vanilla.

Did you evolve or something?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,672
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
This time I am the Det tho
If you‘re telling the truth we are 2 Dets, great. Mafia Boss becomes much more likely with this.

Where are your results? Where is your fairness in lambasting others about their lack of claims when you yourself are doing nothing?
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Dafuq are you on about? You said you're vanilla.

Did you evolve or something?
why would I want to be targetted by mafia by claiming det?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Where are your results? Where is your fairness in lambasting others about their lack of claims when you yourself are doing nothing?
Rich coming from you. You only made your claims after pressured by Sam
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,672
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I can live with hiding Det with vanilla, I was doing something similar with trying 5D chess moves so mafia leaves me alone. But at least I‘m not tossing stones at people doing the same.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I can live with hiding Det with vanilla, I was doing something similar with trying 5D chess moves so mafia leaves me alone. But at least I‘m not tossing stones at people doing the same.
You trust me? There is one person I want to lynch more than you
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,672
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Rich coming from you. You only made your claims after pressured by Sam
At least I left clear hints to who I targeted and which result I got for people to check when I die. I don‘t recall a single instance of you highlighting 1/2 people in particular.

And yes I would have waited til next day and came out because I am being framwd. How are you on the moral highground here? How long were you intending to hide your Det? Pot - kettle - black.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You trust me? There is one person I want to lynch more than you
I barely want to engage with you atm since I don‘t like your attitude. Give results + explanations why you targeted the people you did, and I will see if it checks out.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
And yes I would have waited til next day and came out
I intended to do the same...and I have better results than you...
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Hermit being a DM that casually said he killed Sakura out of spite is just so grotesque I don't even wanna entertain that idea not to get mad... but yeah sure it's a possibility...
Right now it's as if all the stars aligned for Sam to decide to pin a kill on Hermit, which ended up backing up his accusations, and in a second lucky strike flipped DM as the cherry on the top, uh... I don't have a real problem per se with what he did with his PMs cause I skim too quickly and miss important things cause I didn't finish reading properly before jumping to the next point I'm interested at, but I single comment he made looked odder than the whole thing so I asked for the timeline. Anyways, that means Sam is a starting Clown who took a harder road by claiming active among vanilla claims (increasing his odds of dying at night and failing) and now came up with a very intricate plan to get lynched in the last min... And a not-so-good plan, cause if we'd lynch Gry and he'd flip town, we could simply ignore Sam to die in D5.

Just so many weird things...
If Sam's clown, mafia wouldn't know and would want him for getting to Hermit. They had to have the intel on Bran so they wouldn't just hastily jump on Sam. We should still not ignore a mafia det.

If Sam's Clown and Gry's legit, then DD's mafia pirate and... Tatsu would be the mafia det? Weird passive claim. Or wojak is mafia det and that was a slip, DD or Tatsu being his partner.

If Sam's legit then Gry's mafia along with another person that imo would be among DD, Tatsu and Wojak again. I trust Holt's claim and DD's vouching for Faust - even tho a PO looks very bastard at this point.

Then what's the mafia comp? Mafia Member, Det and Pirate? Assassin Det and Pirate? Mafia Member, Det and Assassin? Mafia Member, Det and ???

@Holt I can imagine it's uncomfortable and a hassle (I just spent my previous meeting with a poker face on and repeating "I'm sorry again" all the time...) but can you juggle RL to try to put together what would be the comp in scenarios where Sam's clown and where Gry's mafia? Let's not look at the stories per se but just see how we feel about it. I still can't easily accept the scenario where sloppy Clown Sam made all the wrong moves in the thread but was so on point about Hermit.

I'm very tempted to call for a lynch on Tatsu instead and test that Sam Clown theory tbh.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



DD's vouching for Faust as PO, don't think he'd do that for a Clown.
Yeah I’m still mulling things over and I intended to post my thoughts when I’m more coherent

@wojak what were your results so far?
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
@wojak what were your results so far?
I got inno on Tatsu

The other one is going to surprise you guys
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Gonna wait for the new page....
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Wojak please. What exactly are you doing?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top