Games Cell Game 120 - Dragon Ball Z - Perfect Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
First of all, thank you everyone for joining, hope you had fun!

The... blowout we got doesn't leave a LOT to analyse, but I think a lot of what was experimented here was positive. Won't quote much (if at all) because otherwise this post will be never-ending and I kinda wanna get it done already lol.

I wanted a straight up town vs mafia fight, and this way emphasise the nature of the game in a more controlled environment. Everyone had an active role to match the mechanic, but at the same time most were duds to both give highlight to day discussions and make town weaker since all the mechanics were in their favour. This did NOT play like I intended, at all.

-Originally, it was a 5 vs 12 game with 5 weak mafias, but when it became a 16 people game and stuff had to go. Among the different changes and buffs, mafia "lost" their boss and gained a detective to learn the board faster, only for that player to be investigated n2 by a sane detective with different results.........

-4 detectives on the town side with a repeated bad sanity to keep everyone on their toes. Only one was legit.

-One prostitute and one sane doctor to complete the trifecta.

-A naive doctor paired with the hider as masons. Here I was hoping that the doctor would heal a player in the first nights and that the hider would hide on the same target, with potential for a 2x1 kill since the doctor was actually useless. Instead the hider was protected for some reason. I wanted to have them as sort of "best friends", while also keep them doubting in the off chance that one of them was a mafia mason or a lover. I did NOT remember that you PMed the mason party the roles of the entire party, which was way too much information for what I envisioned. Instead I just gave each other their own role, told them who was their partner, and informed them they had no recruiter. It was a middle ground that left me anxious since it did not follow the template at all, but in the end that hardly took a part in the game.

-Pyschiatrist as yet another weak role that would be out there looking for "something". I did not expect the masons to come out d1, so a big part of whatever I was hoping here didn't happen (especially since the game itself was incredibly short).

-Paranoid Spy mostly to add confusion, since everyone was active. I did not know its interaction with Spirit Medium.........

-Spirit Medium (Potato)... originally Freeman (Potato). Town could get an extra lynch and a ton of pressuring through the mechanic, so it was only fair to have a freeman. Having a single passive to confuse town would had been a positive, role wise. But, mechanically, this would have a player NOT going for interactions, which would be extremely odd and also against what I wanted to observe in the game. Instead, I settled with Spirit Medium that is rather inconsequential other than to make nights a bit clearer, maybe. Like I just said, the interaction it has with Paranoid Spy to confirm itself 100% flew over my head and I did not expect mafia to claim passive, so this role was overall a huge regret.
Potato would keep both roles busy in d1 if they wanted to pass it.

-Pirate... I had assumed would grab a dud. Instead they went for the kamikaze meta... needless to say, I heavily regret having this role in this game.

-Janitor was the heart and soul of the game and I fucked it up. I had said several times that investigator is overused, so I wanted it to have a fair chance on its own. It did not get it. Oh well, next time.

-Strongman so that mafia could confidently get rid of whoever they felt was a massive threat.

-Blocker because I wanted this party to be strong.

At one point I considered Mafia Pirate but since it was a party of just 4, with a mechanic that potentially removed killers, and it cannot kill after stealing (I hate this) I went against the idea.
The Mechanics: they were all there to increase engagement. We have a bit of an issue going on where people seem to be afraid of both being pressured and pressuring. The tools we have in our site do not help with this, either, so I think playstyles evolving into this is not unreasonable.

1. Forced first post being a vote: Since we don't have a bot that counts votes, we have a limit of 2 votes per phase. This means that every vote is extremely valuable, and voting for someone seemingly equals to wanting them out of the game. There's hardly any room for error and you cannot really pressure anyone unless the person you suspect has a couple of votes on their back...

... so with this mechanic everyone had 3 votes to play with, and those that screwed up got a penalty instead (which also increases votes and may lower spreads). It wasn't too hard to track since it was always on the first post of the day. Overall, I was satisfied with this mechanic, even if the snowball we saw made it mostly relevant in the first day only. Focusing on that first day: While this also meant that many took long to be part of discussions (since they couldn't post until they voted) there was plenty to discuss in what more often than not is a completely random lynch. Thanks to this mech and the sparrings, the voting wasn't awfully spread either, with 4~ options at EoD with 3 votes on them (in a 16 people game).

2. The Sparrings: used similar mechanics in Harry Potter (10% chance to kill) and Pokémon (extra vote, chance depending on Pokémon chosen, battles earned your "team" a kill). I liked this iteration the most (much more balanced, overall), except for the fact that in Pokémon there was the extra factor that allowed you to choose your mon (but that wouldn't be possible here since I wanted that 20%). With this mechanic we not only got extra votes, but also got to see who cooperated and who didn't. I did expect at least 1 extra lynch done this way, but Yajirobe was too good for you guys.

3. The interactions: while it was a bit of a bummer mechanic, it was really interesting to see how each of you faced it. It was never meant to be strict (I even gave you an example of a simple vote-vote-vote-spar-spar combo, while letting you know that I'd be lenient) and even then many did struggle with it. I think it not only made invisible people more... visible (oh the joy of Day 1 Holt) but it actually greatly helped to let me see patterns in how you guys play. It really evidenced who was actively looking for their enemies and who was either coasting or laying low. Overall, the thread got a healthy amount of posts and the bottom posters averaged more than they usually do, while the town leaders actually didn't write as much as they often do (or maybe didn't even have to, with all the pressuring tools they got).

Overall, while I liked the ideas and execution, having all of them together was too much of a bane for mafia and I should had either been less ambitious or focused more on making this game as smooth as possible for them (and even compensating them further in the role list, as with my freeman example). Town played really well and mafia had big fuck ups but the regret remains. This does prove however how much info a little push can get you, even on the early stages of the game.

Which takes us to the individual performances...
@AnimePigeon our newcomer. It was a delight to have you around, you are very eloquent and clearly do have plenty of experience in games like this one. However, the meta did affect you and, most importantly, this:
Farfalla 4th Det Claim yet more trusts than any claim before them when I'm almost certain, they likely fabricated there Innocent/Guilty's already knowing before hand who is Evil & who must be Good - by being an Evil.

I could be wrong ofcourse, but no one else is pushing this direction.

Will be interesting to see Panda flip to confirm what's going on.

But I don't think we should be having Panda flip.

I hate herd mentalities.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



I'm not sabotaging. It's as simple as we have differing results and you have just killed James.

You're very quick to jump onto the defensive which I find rather strange. I already confirmed yesterday I was targeting DD.

it just so happens you leading a charge on Panda & James dying for me makes you look a hella lot more sus.
You need to remember that, at the end of the day, this is a team game. By rejecting the extremely likely scenario that pretty much everyone was agreeing on, you were becoming an enemy of town. At that point it wasn't "not following the herd", but rather being a contrarian pretty much for the sake of it (and your untrustworthy results). What was there to earn by sparring with Farfalla there, other than making town frustrated? She was pretty much impossible to lynch that day. Could had even spar-killed the town's candidate, then introduced your own after it.

Your night targets seemed to be whoever you suspected the most which is straightforward enough.

-Asako: you overall had a good game, but I felt that in a lot of your posts you brought up good points but then felt short by not explaining them properly. For example, bringing up evidence that supported your Day 1 read on Kakoha comparing his play-style to last game's. It would had gotten the point across much better and left "hints" for comparisons in the future, too. Or another player could had read your comparison and done their own observations. Showing vs telling.

Sticking to healing Farfalla was lame but ultimately the best choice so... props there. I was surprised you didn't protect Holt N2 after bringing up in the middle of the thread that he was the prostitute. Speaking of, why even berate James in the middle of the thread? Mafias do miss posts, and the one townie that needed to have this information was you, the doctor. You can wait until the post-game to dunk on James, you ended up doing the same thing he did. In a game where every bit of information matters, asking yourself "why am I posting this?" is sometimes a positive.

-Brandish: short lived but did give us enough to ponder. You seemingly struggled with the mechanic, as you were one of the few that almost got their role paralysed. You were also rather close to being lynched, with 5 different people placing votes on you and only one of them not being town. Did time-zones get in your way? (I noticed you were mostly active at the start and end of the day).

Or did your masonry with Erin make you too confident on your safety, which eventually led you to spill the beans? Pretty much all your d1 energy went to talking about d1 randomness, interaction baiting and then defending yourself from that suspicious behaviour at EoD.

Healing Erin made very little sense and I do not remember if there was any deep reasoning behind it. I did screw whatever discussion you 2 could had had because I cannot Discord to save my life, sorry.

-DD: much like Brandish, struggled with the mechanic, and was carried by votes and spars to keep his role. You were active enough but would simply not engage in discussions, and town heavily suspected you because of this (even without my list!). You had the most "is this person really interacting, wanting to find scum?" posts of all players. This does keep you unpredictable if people compare behaviours of town dd vs mafia dd, but needless to say everyone knows you can 100% do better. Absolutely no need to claim with a single result either, lol.

-Desin: WHY DID YOU CLAIM PASSIVE WHEN YOU WERE CLEARLY FARMING INTERACTIONS AS A PLAYER THAT USUALLY POSTS LITTLE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. AND THEN YOU CLAIM JESUS INSTEAD OF PGO SO THAT TOWN FEELS EXTRA SAFE KILLING YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

@Erinyes : another player that had issues with the mechanic. Erin, the way you go back at night to check on everyone's posts clearly shows that you can easily do this during the day, too. I know you were busy, but once you had time to post your day 2 was pretty much limited to "no u" or belittling the efforts of town, while you were comically safe from being lynched anyway. I did not understand why you played your cards so close to your chest for so long in that day either since Brand had been janitored and only town was being affected by not knowing his role.

Like I wrote to Pigeon, this is a team game. If something is upsetting you, take a breather, and then approach the game with a clearer head and show everyone what you are made of. Also, like I wrote to Asako, "why am I posting this?" applies here too. What was there to earn by throwing mud at town?

Sure, showing indignation and maybe some self-righteousness is usually read as green, but if it's not then it's just increasing the tension of a game that can get needlessly heated up.

Try to work on your pacing even if it means taking longer to catch up. Pretty much no one will vote you for "delaying" your views, fight that anxiety lol.

-Farfalla had a great game. Never lazy, really good targeting and analyses, and pressured people plenty even if the mechanics themselves did some work for her. Great call to go for wojak n2 who I felt was very suspected by everyone but "not enough" to use an action on (on top of that I imagine his voting may have painted him as an enemy party of James', who you targeted n1). I do wonder if you would had still gone with Panda if not for finding that post that alerted you, and if not then who and why. All the mechanics fit her except for the fact that she was evidently tense whenever the extra lynch wasn't achieved. Holding bad plays accountable while still remaining positive despite the spilled milk (which could easily end up clouding your views in other games) is the way to go. Gladly, you still had a cool head during the nights, so this is rather nit-picky.

-GB signed up to play.

Needless to say, everyone should had tried harder to save him (himself included). It's better to look suspicious than to lose a member AND look sus anyway (especially since they entered the night outnumbered 12 to 3).

-GrySun also did well. I really appreciated his D1 since he very evidently understood all the subjects and tasks I had for the game. Had an interesting back and forth with Holt in D1. Should work on de-escalating though since telling Holt he was "hurting his own reputation" accomplished nothing other than riling up the person he's discussing with.

Took a backseat once Farfalla became the clear town leader and was mostly supporting her plays (which, as he said, may not be as fun but things were going smoothly and having a ton of posts doesn't really help much either).

aaaaaaaaaaaaa that spirit medium - paranoid spy interaction.

Revealing spy helped the snowball grow bigger and was a good call, regardless of mafia detectiveing you or not (...that only made it better).

-"Oh the joy of D1 @Holt ". Cemented town as a threat from the get-go with very good and genuine interactions. Tried to remain calm despite his big whoopsie voting Brandish (interaction that clearly ended up on a positive note imo for uninvolved "bystanders"), except for the fact that he tunneled a bit on Gry for pointing out something... very fair, and this vote remained there for the rest of d1. From the host's eyes, I thought Gry's train of thought here was pretty clear, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

This also led him to think GrySun had a bit of a vendetta against him which was kinda funny.

Very clearly went back several times to check on the interactions other players had in order to understand each participant's train of thought better and then pressure accordingly if something felt off. I do not know if the mechanics incentivised him in a significant matter or if this is 100% on his own volition after walking into a mafia W last game, but it was really nice all around anyway.

Thirdly you’re being way too standoff-ish unnecessarily. Even with this response, where I’m pointing how somethings you are saying feel off, and you’re retorting by saying to lynch you then. Plus snide remarks about last game or providing info for no reason. Everything you or anyone else says is a claim until proven. Naturally it is up to be debated or how else is the game supposed to be played?
Positive post that I just found looking back and pretty much tells Erin something similar to what I told her... as a host in the post-game.

-James had a weird relationship both with the game and the mechanics. I think that, in principle, he was fine with both but then at some points he may have forced himself a bit too much which didn't come natural at all. He even admitted himself he struggles keeping focus when town and, after a back and forth in d2, "threw the towel" and left the thread. If he had eventually returned with a cool head I think this would had actually been positive, staying out of the thread is not necessarily a mafia move and he could had reorganised his trains of thought in the process.

...but this all became irrelevant because of Farf's results on him and wojak. I was actually looking forward to see how that would had developed.

It was asked before but why even make evident that you suspected Holt was the prostitute? He blocked you, naturally he'd pay extra attention to you the following day and whatever you had written (in a general manner) surely got the point across before you even said that.

EDIT 2: I skipped Kakoha LOL

He didn't get to do much, played a rather simple game and most of his posts are from when he had already decided to kill himself in order to win. I hate you.

Suspecting Farf but absolutely townreading Gry was very odd, tbh. Did that one hint you pointed out bug you that much? Surely you didn't really think she was hinting she had an anti-town role?

-Marm, the final townie in this list that almost lost her role. She was sick d1 but luckily among her 5 posts she had a combo interaction post where she talked to 3 different people. Between her sickness and the fact that the game was a bit on auto pilot with Farf detectiving scums + Gry confirming her, it was never really necessary for her to step up big time.

Was the first person to trust Pigeon afaik and was good at bringing up the newcomer into discussions in what otherwise could had felt like an uninviting surrounding.

@Copy Panda tried really hard and fought bravely despite the fact that it was an uphill battle from very early on. Reading his posts was really interesting since he was bringing up points about a lot of different players, but hardly ever in a direct way, usually avoiding conflict. This led to some situations where he was talking to both everyone and no one, and when pushed aback he conceded really fast (from the top of my head, the Holt interaction in d2). Also, funnily enough, he wasn't even getting interaction points from those posts.

Town panda is much more assertive even if he's in omo mode (omode). His cold furry feet when sparring were only the nail in the coffin.

Edit: I FUCKED UP WHEN I DID THE SWITCH FOR THE N2 KILL. I KILLED HOLT ASAP AND FORGOT TO JANITOR AAAAAAAAA. This removed a good claim for you (although I wonder if people would had suspected you even more for it, since Holt being prostitute was... evident). I expected you to consider claiming investigator (only for someone to say I hate that role), but that didn't happen.

-I was liking @Seraph 's day 1, I think the mechanics may have given him plenty of reasons to be confident putting his thoughts out there, even if it didn't 100% match the leaders'. He unfortunately went afk though and this isolated posting ended up looking unnatural because of the mechanic.

I think you need to work on how your organise your thoughts in your posts, tbh. This is not an issue with your English nor anything like that, but the structure of what you write instead. This actually ends up giving the impression that you are either writing a lot but saying little or flip flopping, even when you are giving your most earnest thoughts.

For starters, being more concise should also do wonders, you are trying to send a message and walls of text do not help anyone. This would be hypocritical of me rn if I actually was expecting you all to read everything, but I know most won't and simply scrolled to their names (and that's kind of the point). Meanwhile, as a player, you are trying to get your entire points across to several different people with different agendas, different availability and coming from different parts of the world.

-wojak also tried hard but was overwhelmed in his welcome to the world of reds. You had this extremely funny interaction with Panda, who was your teammate grasping at straws to make a silly point: he brought up that you barely said "chud". This ended up with you overcompensating like a guy with a micropenis buying a monster truck, and from then on every other post of yours had "chud" in it. Something similar happened when you left a hint later on

didn't want to say more this early but.....how about active?
Why are you phrasing it like a question?! lol

I think this perfectly defines how you approached this game: with a lot of insecurity, which ended up removing any sort of genuineness you tried to convey in your posts. In the last game you were dead set on lynching me and that helped you focus on a target and a wincon, you should go back to that sort of mentality in your next game.

This took like 3 days to write, Tl;dr.

Feel free to question or dispute anything.
 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Actually I vote I just read the rules what the heck, I vote Wojak!
Since the command is completely wrong I did not consider this a valid vote.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,611
Gender
Female
Country
China
Some quick thoughts;

- On Gry vs Chud, initially, I voted Chud because I thought his post was a little too formal in tone, but Gry (who's been demanding people provide a reasoned D1 vote) placed a grudge vote on him (when he already carried a penalty vote). While I certainly understand grudges, and Gry has been pro-actively prodding folks, it also looks like an initial attempt to start a train. That said, I can also see both being town; Gry grudge-voting Chud and Chud being caught off-guard.

On Chud, besides the tone of that one post (and he did start Chudding again even though he said he didn't), he didn't feign ignorance to win that SS game last time. Initially, I thought he could have missed the vote-in-first-post-rule in the PM, but I'm not sure mafia would skip reading the rules either. Perhaps it really is NAI as Gry said.

- Marms said in one of her first posts, "oh hey guys, Im cute, but I have to leave soon teehee" and Brandi pointed out she had to interact with 5 different people, which seems like coaching behaviour (and particularly important as without they cannot use night actions). Tbh since you can't trust anyone, and Brandi just now received a vote from her, I'm not sure what would spur him on to help her unless they're aligned.

- Asachi actually also gave Wojack some feedback in her first post, though at that point it was too late for him to do anything about it, so I'm less troubled by this particular interaction

- The pigeon noobie tried self-voting, and reasoned that "goods will be cautious, and evils will be surprised", but I strongly disagree with that reasoning lol; if someone self-votes, I think that only attempts to communicate "hey guys look at me, idc if i die"; it serves no other purpose than to virtue-signal. It is not a serious move and I think only benefits mafia as they can plant this idea of innocence in the head of some townies. I think this is highly suspicious behaviour
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I do finally understand you more with this post and where I lost you.

I don‘t think Brandish would be a random selection for neither town or mafia Holt, my thoughts of a mafia in that post were more:
1. Try to show yourself as town by voting randomly
2. Putting it onto the top voted could be any of many reasons, can be saving but doesn‘t have to be. It can be for further looking like town, or to lock down the lynch to prevent accidental swap problems. I said this in that post but doesn‘t all have to apply
3. As for how it can be believed to be town despite voting top person, I listed that it lets you argue that „a mafia wouldn‘t do this“ and overestimated how well this would be accepted. With how lazy most of the recent games‘ lynches were it‘s not far fetched to assume votes to just stay on Brandish.

I understand you disagree, but so do I disagree with your random vote circumstances.

Also, the above looks like a master plan due to amount of text but it really isn‘t. In my mind it‘s just a simple „ok I‘m late, lets just pretend I‘m voting randomly and I can easily argue it for credibility“. Though this may be what you referred to as a convoluted plan when I mentioned it. Hm.
Fair enough, we’re on the same page now and have both made our points even though we disagree. That said, just for clarity, I’ll answer again-

Yes I did vote randomly. I also didn’t look at the votes, or read anything before voting. I read the mechanic afterwards, and started catching up before even realizing Brandish was now top voted. I understand you and others not believing this but this is indeed the truth. I’m on my phone, so it’s actually very easy to just swipe to get to the bottom.

I don’t personally have anything else to say on this so I’ll move on. My read on you changes since I understand your context better now.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@James Rye Kindly share something about yourself when you get here, some kind of a hint or maybe some insights you have after backreading. :hi
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Passive or active?
My insight is I should read the rules before doing my post, this "vote someone in your first post or else" really had me insta-going lol.
Seriously though with 16 people in a mid-sized game we will likely face only one mafia with either a tp or a recruitable for the mafia. The whole sparring mechanic is like cowboy but without dying.

Who wants to spar with me?
Would love to but the time is already up, sorry, DD.

just a strat I thought of
sorry if it didn't work.
Don't be, I can kinda guess what your role is so good thinking on your part only problem is that there is a chance Mafia figures your role out as well and will try to use that knowledge to their advantage to manipulate us. but it is up to us to look through that.
Also is this your first game? If so, welcome, Kakoha!

How didn't you not check the votes before voting they literally the first post you see in this thread before even the rules if you just came now

Also dunno yet cause I'm still back reading but can't believe holt appeared before you @James Rye

Where the walls, not like yourself to be this late to the party
I literally came back from work and had no idea this game would start during the night, i thought it would start later. Still, at least I made it in time.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Since the command is completely wrong I did not consider this a valid vote.
You're right. I vote Wojak. Just shows I panicked too much after reading the first rule.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
@AnimePigeon so far I like the way you respond. I see you popped up midway in my conversation with Gry. What are your thoughts?

Same for @Kakoha who seems to have been here for a while. And @Copy Panda who just got back
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,611
Gender
Female
Country
China
Fair enough, we’re on the same page now and have both made our points even though we disagree. That said, just for clarity, I’ll answer again-

Yes I did vote randomly. I also didn’t look at the votes, or read anything before voting. I read the mechanic afterwards, and started catching up before even realizing Brandish was now top voted. I understand you and others not believing this but this is indeed the truth. I’m on my phone, so it’s actually very easy to just swipe to get to the bottom.

I don’t personally have anything else to say on this so I’ll move on. My read on you changes since I understand your context better now.
So you claim first thing you did was vote (which happens to avoid you gaining a penalty) despite not having read the rules at all, or noticing Brandi was top voted?
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
There’s no way I’m 3rd top poster right now. I get that 90% of that is between me and Gry but that’s actually insane given this size/lineup and how late I got here. There’s a bit too many people not interacting enough
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Oh wait, that was the sparring time and it is going up, I see. So there are still roughly 5h left of the first day. Ok ok. Bit confusing but now I get it. Sucks I missed both sparring rounds though.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,611
Gender
Female
Country
China
!VoteKill Brandish

Ah - bummer you can't self-vote. Is a nice meme play at times.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



It's kinda like another form of reverse psychology to see how people respond to you.

Goods would find it strange, but wouldn't know your alignement and simply just be cautious. Whereas Evil Players, will typically know your Alignment, and potentially be that freaked out they might not act in accordance with how you would expect someone to act.

I heard people were hoping I was as Fun as DigitalDude, so thought I would spice things up.

I probably should read things first 😂 damn dyslexia
If evil players know your alignment, why would they freak out tho? Wouldn't they just be happy you're attempting to kill yourself 😐 Going one step further, if this is commonplace wisdom on your board, wouldn't they attempt to self-vote to trick others into thinking they're town trying to fool mafia?

I fail to see the utility and don't understand the folks who liked this comment without any further inquiry
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@Hardy Rule 3 says " If a player has 4 attack marks on, they'll be removed from the game and I will kill them myself for being undesirable. I'm looking at you Yajirobe." does this count per phase or whole game? Like does someone need 4 successful 20% hits to be removed or do they stay whole game like "wounds" on the player meaning you could gain 1 on day 1, 2 on day 2 and the 4th hit on day 3 and then be removed? Just asking for clarification.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
So you claim first thing you did was vote (which happens to avoid you gaining a penalty) despite not having read the rules at all, or noticing Brandi was top voted?
This feels weirdly like you just trying to meet interaction quota (assuming it even counts). Anyway, I’ll assume you’re asking genuinely but yes, in my pm, the size of the text specifying that voting has to be done in the first post couldn’t be missed. I just wanted to get it out of the way before doing anything else
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,611
Gender
Female
Country
China
hmm I see, I thought you meant to imply you didn't even do that much
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My posts earlier were merged, but I met the conditions before I napped 😤 I don't need to ask you anything I don't want to know just to meet some quota
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Also, just saiyan, but the Brandish votes all came fairly early. And they all, apart from Farfalla's, appear to be quite random. Why aren't you questioning any of those that are still remaining on Brandish?
Marma was the first vote and pigeon didn't say it was random
Look what tick me off is the way holt voted at 100 posts

And James comes in and does the same exact thing, voting someone that have a load of votes without reading
Like i know guys you want to do a placeholder but is it that hard to pick someone that doesn't effect the votes when you literally didn't read anything
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
@Hardy Rule 3 says " If a player has 4 attack marks on, they'll be removed from the game and I will kill them myself for being undesirable. I'm looking at you Yajirobe." does this count per phase or whole game? Like does someone need 4 successful 20% hits to be removed or do they stay whole game like "wounds" on the player meaning you could gain 1 on day 1, 2 on day 2 and the 4th hit on day 3 and then be removed? Just asking for clarification.
They need to have all 4 at once, tomorrow that counter will be reset. Let's say 2 more people had landed hits on Android 17, I'd had absorbed him back into my belly.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,611
Gender
Female
Country
China
hm also I told Poopie a few days ago that I'd be afkish today (since I thought the game would start tomorrow)
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
This feels weirdly like you just trying to meet interaction quota (assuming it even counts). Anyway, I’ll assume you’re asking genuinely but yes, in my pm, the size of the text specifying that voting has to be done in the first post couldn’t be missed. I just wanted to get it out of the way before doing anything else
Both town and mafia active roles have good reasons to be very active day 1 to be able to use their role effectively whereas passive ones can either be more lenient or try to act as if they are important by interacting a lot with different people to get Mafia to look their way.

This is a pretty huge help to figure out who is active and who isn't day 1.

@Kakoha If my role guess for your is right then I think you need more interactions with others to be able to use it on night 1 otherwise the role won't activate and then your plan cannot even work to begin with.
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,649
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
There’s no way I’m 3rd top poster right now. I get that 90% of that is between me and Gry but that’s actually insane given this size/lineup and how late I got here. There’s a bit too many people not interacting enough
Me, I somehow miss all the events
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My insight is I should read the rules before doing my post, this "vote someone in your first post or else" really had me insta-going lol.
Seriously though with 16 people in a mid-sized game we will likely face only one mafia with either a tp or a recruitable for the mafia. The whole sparring mechanic is like cowboy but without dying.



Would love to but the time is already up, sorry, DD.




Don't be, I can kinda guess what your role is so good thinking on your part only problem is that there is a chance Mafia figures your role out as well and will try to use that knowledge to their advantage to manipulate us. but it is up to us to look through that.
Also is this your first game? If so, welcome, Kakoha!



I literally came back from work and had no idea this game would start during the night, i thought it would start later. Still, at least I made it in time.
--- Double Post Merged, ---



You're right. I vote Wojak. Just shows I panicked too much after reading the first rule.
I dont need more votes
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Asako claimed to have randomly voted you:


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Her recent behaviour is pretty odd, once Gry started to jump at Holt she instantly joined in on it and kinda repeated/parroted most of the things he said.
Yeah thanks makes sense i suppose, if you are very afraid of the pentalty vote
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Marma was the first vote and pigeon didn't say it was random
Look what tick me off is the way holt voted at 100 posts

And James comes in and does the same exact thing, voting someone that have a load of votes without reading
Like i know guys you want to do a placeholder but is it that hard to pick someone that doesn't effect the votes when you literally didn't read anything
Chill, Asako, I can still change my vote you know. Or do you not like it that I voted for Wojak which put him up for death row when he was just out of it after going afk after his last post?

They need to have all 4 at once, tomorrow that counter will be reset. Let's say 2 more people had landed hits on Android 17, I'd had absorbed him back into my belly.
I see.
Does the same count for rule 4 meaning we need to interact 5 times on day 1 to use the role on night 1 and another 5 times on day 2 for night 2, etc?
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Asako claimed to have randomly voted you:


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Her recent behaviour is pretty odd, once Gry started to jump at Holt she instantly joined in on it and kinda repeated/parroted most of the things he said.
:/
No I'm not mimicking gry, technically i said something before he even said it, don't lump it as I'm just repeating grysun comments

I don't know how you didn't even question it and accept it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top