Games Mafia Game 125 - PSYCHO-PAN - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I would like to reveal by day 2 as well, to aid Inspectors.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Great theme, curious mechanics. I love the custom take on the more familiar roles.

Anyway, votekill Lambu =3=


I dont think it means anything of the sort, the series is about people having a score that assigns how much of a criminal you are. The higher their number, the more likely that person is to commit a crime, so they are people that have misdeeds behind their backs = risky individuals

I dont think the top voter thingy is that relevant except for a scum trying to avoid being shot in the day by an Inspector. Thats actually so op if its done right, but so it is the double Mafia Det.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Honestly, considering they are going to check 2 people tonight and then supplant two others with Janitor, perhaps we should all claim on Day 2, its a viable option.
I'm trying to think of the pros and cons of an early mass reveal and if it's more of a benefit to town than not. In the first few scenarios that come to mind we end up with a bunch of 33-50% chance of a correct lynch, which is... slightly better than usual? Not sure if I'm being too optimistic though.
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
14,788
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
I would like to reveal by day 2 as well, to aid Inspectors.
I'm fine with it too. Since our only investigative roles are the analyst that can see scores instead of the more direct dets and spies, that might be needed to get a clearer view.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Great theme, curious mechanics. I love the custom take on the more familiar roles.

Anyway, votekill Lambu =3=



I'm trying to think of the pros and cons of an early mass reveal and if it's more of a benefit to town than not. In the first few scenarios that come to mind we end up with a bunch of 33-50% chance of a correct lynch, which is... slightly better than usual? Not sure if I'm being too optimistic though.
Sounds like a decent plan but its only very effective if everyone reveals, and we know some wont so there will be cons. Still will set a place for analysts to look if they feel indecisive.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,250
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
When I saw the list of roles in my pm I thought i was someone special, a favored, beloved townie,

just to realize afterwards that it was posted on the op post for everyone :pout

I'm not familiar at all with psycho pass, what's an asymptomatic agent?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

wikia says " A Criminally Asymptomatic person is a person whose cymatic scan fails to align with their personality. These individuals are difficult for the Sibyl System to judge as their Psycho-Pass is either close to zero, non-existent or it cannot be determined at all. They can commit the worst crimes or forms of brutality against humanity, while still remaining detached from it. In old psychological lore, they were once also known as "Psychopaths", "Sociopaths" or diagnosed with "Antisocial Personality Disorder". That said, not all CA individuals are bad. "
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,095
Gender
Female
Country
France
Meh, my dudette kinda looks lame.

But the incentivising top poster system kinda feels personal. What's that risk thing they talk about? Somebody just gonna blow up or what?
The only risk I see is that if you have lots of points you can be offed by a prosecutor.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,466
Country
Fun Forum
The only risk I see is that if you have lots of points you can be offed by a prosecutor.
Then easy easy.

Wondering if that will make the mafia try to not vote for top lynchee to avert the risk a little bit, but day 1 they are likely to stay low anyway unless one of their sheep is in danger.

What says you to reveal thing?
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
14,788
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
When I saw the list of roles in my pm I thought i was someone special, a favored, beloved townie,

just to realize afterwards that it was posted on the op post for everyone :pout

I'm not familiar at all with psycho pass, what's an asymptomatic agent?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

wikia says " A Criminally Asymptomatic person is a person whose cymatic scan fails to align with their personality. These individuals are difficult for the Sibyl System to judge as their Psycho-Pass is either close to zero, non-existent or it cannot be determined at all. They can commit the worst crimes or forms of brutality against humanity, while still remaining detached from it. In old psychological lore, they were once also known as "Psychopaths", "Sociopaths" or diagnosed with "Antisocial Personality Disorder". That said, not all CA individuals are bad. "
Confessing to be a psychopath on D1? :arf
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Votekill Gry

Hosts, you got Van's vote on Lambs inverted btw (the #22 one)

Sounds like a decent plan but its only very effective if everyone reveals, and we know some wont so there will be cons. Still will set a place for analysts to look if they feel indecisive.
Having people that often won't reveal such as Van and Bran supporting the idea seems like an indicative that this mass reveal is doable
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,068
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Votekill Togane
A creepy disturbing dude he is.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Votekill Erin. I never got around to finishing psycho pass but this my queue I guess. The vibe on the Ava (which I’ll put on in a few) are pretty nice
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,681
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Quick reread after last night, but wow this sounds so heavily pro town. We may just ruin the game in an instawin with mass claiming. Their det and janitor become pointless, and we basically get many lynch options right off the bat.
I feel like this time the game is especially susceptible to reveals than any other, so we‘d be kinda stress testing Panda‘s game for if he accounted for this.

I have no problems with claiming today at all if we‘re doing it, for the record.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I am a simple Ministry Agent. A vanilla townie essentially.

It feels like the game wont survive this stress test. Usually with rolelist reveal games you have mostly vanilla townies and a few power roles, so claiming gets discouraged to hide the good roles. And while we only have 3 power roles, the two prosecutors and two analysts are way more than just vanillas. These subgroups also make the scum much easier to find than in a sea of vanillas.

I feel like mafia needed a role like the town Prosecutor to punish towns with a high score?

Worth noting:
-Prosecutor works differently in this game. The two Inspectors dont kill a mafia and die to a town, but specifically kill a 300+ score person and die to 299 and lower score person. While I see the gameplay of the tracking roles tracking scores and ability to punish afkers directly as a player with a kill, its overall not too useful. 1/4 mafia will never be killable either.

Essentially of the 10 town players we have, 2 are confirmed(Inspectors), one is semi-confirmed(the asymptomatic agent), and the mafia will have to claim and match the remaining 7.

-Our 2 analysts can look for a guy that isn‘t a claimed asymptomatic agent(so everyone not Brandish), and if they get a 100 score result it is very likely the hidden mafia asymptomatic boss. Just make sure to not target someone who mathematically likely will have 100 points on N1.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

If mafia boss contests Brandish its a 50/50, if not then our 2 Analysts can keep poking til they find him(excluding unfortunate math, but since we have the points table we can anticipate and calculte it to some extent).

The 2 mafia criminals and 1 mafia analyst can do a couple of different approaches to the mass revealing, will be interesting to see which one they do.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,359
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
Interesting reveals already ~
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,359
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
Are you in favor of reveals?
There are 2 janitors trying to steal roles, maybe early reveals make it difficult for them.
I know I'll reveal this day or d2 anyway.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Who are you?
A good townie, trust me ~~
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,681
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Whoever doesnt reveal D1 is likely to be nightkilled by the Janitor
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,250
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I am the Asymptomatic Agent 💯
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Hey, this link needs a touch up
What is that asymptomatic agent ? i thought at 1st a vanilla townie but there should be more to it ?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Guys dont let me die ,


you need me, I'm a very very good one !
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
14,788
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
I'm ministry agent as well.

Interesting. So both Erin and Brandish claim assymptomatic but there was only 1 townie one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top