Due to so much that happened, I forgot to review Ruri Dragon. With that said, here are my thoughts.
I thought this weeks was good. I will admit, that it was a closing chapter to the arc revolving around Ruri getting to know the committee as well as settling things with that girl who called her gross. But I am glad that there is solidarity with Ruri when they made those horns. So a month break will come and we will begin the next arc. Let’s see how the school sports festival will play out.
Did I do the top 3 vote yet?
I'm so busy I keep forgetting to do it.
Anyway here it is.
1. Nue's Exorcist 73
2. Blue Box 171
3. Akane-banashi 133
You know, looking at the series I'm reading, they all in order.
I tried reading Elusive Samurai first, but the tone shift threw me off and I couldn't keep up.
I need to genuinely ask, what is the likelihood of Chojo, Kiyoshi, and Hima surviving. Sure they got the color pages for endorsements and popularity (given that they cater to certain genres), but what is their long term goals?
I need to genuinely ask, what is the likelihood of Chojo, Kiyoshi, and Hima surviving. Sure they got the color pages for endorsements and popularity (given that they cater to certain genres), but what is their long term goals?
I need to genuinely ask, what is the likelihood of Chojo, Kiyoshi, and Hima surviving. Sure they got the color pages for endorsements and popularity (given that they cater to certain genres), but what is their long term goals?
Kiyoshi's almost certainly dead, sales are decent but just aren't good enough for it to be able to live, just look at MamaYuyu (which'll likely end up outselling Kiyoshi.) It might live through another round off of Hakutaku and Yozakura (even then, I kind of doubt Yozakura will end next round, Gondaira might do some comedy after the final fight), but unless it gets a massive upswing of reception, it's not sticking around longterm.
Chojo and Hima-ten occupy different genres, and their fate lies entirely on editorial expectations.
Kiyoshi's almost certainly dead, sales are decent but just aren't good enough for it to be able to live, just look at MamaYuyu (which'll likely end up outselling Kiyoshi.) It might live through another round off of Hakutaku and Yozakura (even then, I kind of doubt Yozakura will end next round, Gondaira might do some comedy after the final fight), but unless it gets a massive upswing of reception, it's not sticking around longterm.
Chojo and Hima-ten occupy different genres, and their fate lies entirely on editorial expectations.
I get what you are saying. Even with Chojo and Hima-Ten!, they occupy the comedy and romance/harem departments. Kiyoshi is facing the uphill battle, mainly due to it being an action series.
But with what you said about the next batch I will agree on HakuTaku not being around much longer. But with Yozakura, I will agree with you somewhat. Where I see it, it has about 2 more volumes worth of chapters (either 17-18). So if it were say that batch of 3, it is possible it will end. As it has more time to wrap up everything and give a satisfying conclusion. So you are not wrong regarding that.
Hima-ten's doing consistently well so far so it should stick around for at least a year or so unless this new series cannibalises it.
Kiyoshi's probably dead, but it's done just well enough so far that this new arc could save it if done right.
Chojo's impossible to say since it's mostly at the bottom but the jumps up high every so often could be enough to keep it going, or might not. I think it'll depend on how many new series flop.
I need to genuinely ask, what is the likelihood of Chojo, Kiyoshi, and Hima surviving. Sure they got the color pages for endorsements and popularity (given that they cater to certain genres), but what is their long term goals?
Hima-ten is safe for a while, good rankings and decent numbers for vol 1, it's much probably reaching 1 year, Kiyoshi is a matter if can keep the "not so bad" ToC rankings, if not will be just like MamaYuyu, Chojo is hard to tell, if it keep ranking as bad and vol 3 has another drop, i don't know, i do think it will reach the 1st anniversary at least, is only 13 chapters away, would be quite embarrassing for the series to not even reach that after all the initial pushing and etc, also seems like there's merch stuff on issue #50 for Chojo alongside Ruri Dragon and it's called as "New Power Generation", so doesn't seem like Jump is giving up on the series.
There's really no line, it's a matter of what editors expect from each series in terms of magazine survey and volume sales, we already got series surviving 1 or 2 years doing less than 15k in a month.
I need to genuinely ask, what is the likelihood of Chojo, Kiyoshi, and Hima surviving. Sure they got the color pages for endorsements and popularity (given that they cater to certain genres), but what is their long term goals?
we have now enough of series high/higher tier series in the magazine (ichi will be the next in line for sure). Axing chojo or kiyoshi, hell even himaten won't hurt at all.. ya can do enough of quick new batch placement till you hit gold or silver.
As long himaten survive of the three, I'm gucci. I believe it's here to stay anyway
[Hakutaku looks like a clear axe and we dont really know how well Shinobi will perform]
In celebration of 10 years since Naruto ended (November 10 of 2014), a gallery featuring every magazine cover and color page in good quality published in the 15 years of serialization is now open:
In celebration of 10 years since Naruto ended (November 10 of 2014), a gallery featuring every magazine cover and color page in good quality published in the 15 years of serialization is now open:
I wanna start collecting issues at some point, but where to start is always such a tough question
Can't imagine going for one of the bigger series — Naruto must have an obscene amount of covers
Godspeed, soldier
i think a good place to start is thinking about a series you love the most and looking for them, thats how I started with Naruto, but eventually ended buying another issues as well
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.