Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTravisty

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2020
Messages
730
Reaction score
1,324
Age
39
Country
Canada
im so hyped
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



best manga of all time just completed 10 years of its ending, goat
--- Double Post Merged, ---

funny thing is that I'm trying to collect all WSJ w/ Naruto covers and color pages, and this post made me realize I'm still far away to complete it :crying 💀
I really hope you succeed with this goal! I’ve been thinking of doing the same with Undead Unluck! Won’t be as difficult as yours, that’s for sure! 😂
 

icrawfish

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
776
Reaction score
1,238
Age
25
Country
United States
Regarding who’s closest to the axe among Chojo/Hima-ten/Kiyoshi: I feel like one factor could also be the genre exclusivity. While true that Hima-ten is just outright outperforming Kiyoshi (at least from what I gathered? I haven’t deeply read the stats but jump is def promoting it more), I think there’s also the layer that Hima-ten is the only pure romance/romcom in the magazine (Blue Box being a romcom-sports hybrid), and Chojo is a sort of new-gen pure comedy, the only comparison currently to which is Roboco whose a lot older now (and honestly, Chojo kind of gives me some Gintama vibes, albeit less crude humor, haha). Compared to those 2, Kiyoshi is an exorcist battle manga/comedy intertwined, which doesn’t give it too much to diversify itself genre-wise from others in the magazine the way Hima-ten and Chojo do. I think Jump might put some value in having a good mix of different kinds of series in the magazine, so Chojo and Hima give more comedy and romance representation respectively, whereas Kiyoshi is filling in the same demographic already affluent throughout Jump right now, so it’ll be harder for it to survive by default. That’s not to say it doesn’t have it’s own unique personality, I quite enjoy reading it myself; but I suspect Hima-ten is most likely to survive, then Chojo a little less, then Kiyoshi least likely (if we’re just talking those 3).
 

Tymano

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
285
Reaction score
329
Age
26
Country
United States
I always forget to vote but...

1. The Elusive Samurai
2. Hunter x Hunter
3. Ichi the witch

That's my order for every vote tbh those are the only three series I'm reading in the magazine right now
 

icrawfish

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
776
Reaction score
1,238
Age
25
Country
United States
Do we need to vote by comment or is the poll at the top adequate? (I guess maybe there’s a difference since one’s just choose five and the other’s top 3…)

1. Blue Box
2. Sakamoto Days
3. Kill Blue

(4. Ichi the Witch, 5. Ruridragon, honorable mention to Akane-banashi)
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,073
Reaction score
1,976
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
OMG THAT ASTRO CHAPTER IS SO GOOD WAKUI COOKED, IM SO HYPED FOR NEXT WEEK
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I really hope you succeed with this goal! I’ve been thinking of doing the same with Undead Unluck! Won’t be as difficult as yours, that’s for sure! 😂
Thanks bro, hope you succeed as well my friend 🙏 :shout :verily
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,557
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Just a small observation from this week’s Hima-ten: Genki Ono has pretty good fashion sense. Either that, or he has some really good references.
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,073
Reaction score
1,976
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I know shonen jump is way different than Shonen magazine, but i wonder if we will see this happening again with wakui
 
Last edited:

BelTL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
1,542
Reaction score
1,468
Country
Gotei 13
"All Jump manga need a maid chapter where everyone wears maid costume, MC included"
personal thought when reading KB
 

pennycryman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,179
Reaction score
3,385
Age
26
Country
United States
I know shonen jump is way different than Shonen magazine, but i wonder if we will see this happening again with wakui
The thing about Revengers is that despite the slow start, it was consistently increasing, you can see that it started below 50K but was at 150K on the eve of the anime. Astro is in a declining trend already, which we've seen is a hard one to break out of even with a theoretical anime.

The other thing is that Wakui wasn't a particularly big name when Revengers debuted, Revengers hadn't had a lot of exposure when the anime debuted, now Wakui is a huge name thanks to it, so Astro has technically already had a lot of exposure due to being attached to his name.

Explosions only really happen to series that are already big before the anime anyway. It's not really a Jump or Magazine thing.
 

pennycryman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,179
Reaction score
3,385
Age
26
Country
United States
only outside Japan
Not really, Shinjuku Swan sold around 70-80K at the end of its run, and he had two flops afterward. It's the same effect as calling Iwashiro or Kano a big name, he only had a niche success and two flops beforehand. Revengers was p. much his breakout hit.
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,436
Reaction score
3,616
Age
26
Country
United States
I wish Kiyoshi had a clearer sense of worldbuilding lol. If it doesn't get axed I have no idea where it could be going. Ichi is still fine I guess. Tsutsui please save Jump.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,546
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Jump cover this week is so beautiful
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,401
Reaction score
816
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Top of this week:

Kiyoshi
Astro
Killer blue
Blue box
Kagurabachi
 

BelTL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
1,542
Reaction score
1,468
Country
Gotei 13
1. Akane
2. Murakami
3. Astro
for this week
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,073
Reaction score
1,976
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
top 3 this week:
Astro Royale
Kiyoshi
Shinobi Undercover
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top