Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,498
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

1. No fights or personal insults.
2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of annoying or starting heated discussions, if i notice it, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comment will be deleted.
4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't relate about anime & manga outside the thread.
5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
7. No self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
8. Fanart posts just for the sake of posting is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post
9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
~ Shinuki


I hope everybody read these rules and follow it without problem, the comment will soon be sticked at the top of the thread to be visible in every page, so if any doubt about what to avoid doing, just check it, also if i feel like any new rule has to be added in the future, i will do. Thanks!

Obs: Rules about fanart edited!
 
Last edited:

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Daiichi the Witch

I wonder how it'll sell when the volume releases, it definitely feels like a series they're underprint for safety's sake and have to reprint weekly for a month or two.

That's not great for Shinobigoto to be dropping into the bottom 5 still quite early, but the magazine's in a weird state right now with only one real flop so there's not much to keep it out the bottom (they're clearly still totally fine with how Nue's performing after all and it's below Shinobigoto).

Kiyoshi on the other hand seems to have genuinely recovered recently upon shifting to more serious content, I wonder if it'll stick and it'll stabilise as a mid-magazine series.
 

Broseph

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Messages
926
Reaction score
1,497
Age
31
Country
United States
J-Jujutsu Kaisen? Are we ever getting the Reze Movie?
Gotta imagine they’ll announce something about it on Jump Festa. If not… after part 2’s cold reception and declining popularity, I think taking too long to release a follow up to season 1 is a huge mistake. But not like they have a choice when greedy MAPPA thought they could make both anime with the same production line
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,498
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
JJK Season 3 have already been announced for months lol
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
I love the dude's work, but maybe he's doing it to polish his ear drawing skills. Like, look at his character's ears for a second. Something about it feels off.
Like I keep telling myself it doesn't bother me. But it bothers me. A lot. Still one of the few good axes though.
Aaaaaaaaaaaa
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
1,980
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ichi the Witch will have the cover & lead color pages on issue #3!



I knew it would happen :grin
Nice, it would happen sooner or later after that 1st ranking position i think, good
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

HXH enters it's normal form...hiatus.

Damn it happened way sooner than i expected, but it’s something i got right in my prediction already lmao
--- Double Post Merged, ---

And goat blue is still way below 😭🙏
 
Last edited:

Dogmagril

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2023
Messages
207
Reaction score
437
Age
21
Country
United States

Roboco Movie Tickets on Sale December 18th. Roboco Movie Out April 18th(cool I will be 20 by then)



On a serious note, Do you guys think Roboco would actually last after the movie. I'm not trying to be a hater or anything but seriously.
Roboco is already around 20 volumes which is an average for an typical jump series. It doesn't really even sell that much above average anyways and chojo pulls similar numbers, so it's not like they would keep it around due to lack on any other stable gag manga.
And to be honest, the series does seem to showing signs recently of wrapping up.

I kind of do hope Me & Roboco does stick around but I also think It might be ending as soon as the movie releases or probably after.
Roboco doesn't really have a story, I guess it could just end at any time. Hope I'm wrong though.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,498
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

Roboco Movie Tickets on Sale December 18th. Roboco Movie Out April 18th(cool I will be 20 by then)



On a serious note, Do you guys think Roboco would actually last after the movie. I'm not trying to be a hater or anything but seriously.
Roboco is already around 20 volumes which is an average for an typical jump series. It doesn't really even sell that much above average anyways and chojo pulls similar numbers, so it's not like they would keep it around due to lack on any other stable gag manga.
And to be honest, the series does seem to showing signs recently of wrapping up.

I kind of do hope Me & Roboco does stick around but I also think It might be ending as soon as the movie releases or probably after.
Roboco doesn't really have a story, I guess it could just end at any time. Hope I'm wrong though.
It will end if the author wants, that's it, its popular, its really the only gag series that has worked since Saiki ended, Jump has no reason to finish Roboco.
 

Dogmagril

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2023
Messages
207
Reaction score
437
Age
21
Country
United States
It will end if the author wants, its popular, its really the only gag series that has worked since Saiki ended, Jump has no reason to finish Roboco.
I mean I guess but even if they have no reason too,I keep thinking they will. I don't know why,mabye it's trust issues with High school family or even cipher Academy. Sorry if I'm being a bother
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Let’s go! About damn time we get updates on these three

As someone posted earlier in the thread Demon Slayer should have new pv on Dec 8 at the Crunchyroll event.

Dr Stone has a PV not even a month ago since it airs in Jan.
 

Phantom RPG

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
1,220
Age
28
Country
Brazil
Ichi the Witch will have the cover & lead color pages on issue #3!



I knew it would happen :grin
So pretty safe to say that, once volume 1 releases that its extremely likely to live on for a long while. Am curious about the sales it, whether it will be mild or radical.

Also, fun fact for those who did not know: Jinki Amakawa is an assistant to the newest Dragon Quest series as well as a current assistant for Kenta Shirohara's Witch Watch. They also released a previous one shot dubbed Ansatsusha no Anko-san within the magazine. Safe to say this is one author that could either be on 2025 GFC or launch a series similar to the likes of Sket Dance or Gintama. At least its what I am getting overall from the author.
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,009
Reaction score
1,648
Age
36
Country
Australia
JJK Season 3 have already been announced for months lol
Iikewise with Reze movie (afaik). We just do not have release dates.

I wonder if they are gonna show us Naoya's anime design. I feel that it is too soon for release dates
 

Hawke

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2024
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,930
Age
28
Country
Vandenreich
So pretty safe to say that, once volume 1 releases that its extremely likely to live on for a long while. Am curious about the sales it, whether it will be mild or radical.

Also, fun fact for those who did not know: Jinki Amakawa is an assistant to the newest Dragon Quest series as well as a current assistant for Kenta Shirohara's Witch Watch. They also released a previous one shot dubbed Ansatsusha no Anko-san within the magazine. Safe to say this is one author that could either be on 2025 GFC or launch a series similar to the likes of Sket Dance or Gintama. At least its what I am getting overall from the author.
god please a third assistant make a series that perfectly hits niche comedy with serious dramatic arcs the world craves a successor to shinohara/sorachi
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,489
Reaction score
39,498
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I mean I guess but even if they have no reason too,I keep thinking they will. I don't know why,mabye it's trust issues with High school family or even cipher Academy. Sorry if I'm being a bother
No problem kkk, and well, neither HSF or CA were popular like Roboco, so...
 

kitakaze

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2024
Messages
83
Reaction score
11
Age
29
Country
Vietnam
Will Nue go to top half and out of bottom in future?
 

Phantom RPG

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2020
Messages
1,092
Reaction score
1,220
Age
28
Country
Brazil
Guys, should there be a discussion around any of the newcomers as well as some of their previous works?

IWe could start by talking about about the author making the one shot next week: Jinki Amakawa

Here's their twitter: https://x.com/amaimonoprpr

This here is the one shot they produced for the magazine:

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top