Games Mafia Game 127 - Neon Genesis Omongelion - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,076
Gender
Female
Country
France
His strategy implies town bidding high for single use roles, ensuring that we can constantly rotate the roles
I think he changed his mind about the rotation thing when he read again about the daily losing MHT.

Btw no it seems like the only way to get MHT os through the doc EVA where you can grant 3 MHT per night, or the one where you can steal them but that's it.

Lastly, Tastu, I appreciated your reasoning behind your vote. If you were active yourself, it might have not come across as an opportunistic, low hanging fruit kind of vote~
It totally come across as that I agree but on D1 it's quite hard for me to have a definitive advice on people. I see some players already making walls about their read on these and these people and they're not based on much.
So unless something really strikes me, I have to vote someone based on my own feelings.

We still have some time to play my vote might change.

Aso i got in the wrong train reading through it 😭
Need to find a way back now 😭
This happened to me once its funny but not really, good luck !!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Pretty sure we can win MHT by lynching mafia same way they can earn MHT by killing us.
??? Is that said in the OP post ?? Cause I missed that info.
Like when we die we get to transfer our MHT to someone ? Or it's more like bonus points for playing according to our faction goals ?
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,736
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Why am I a better lynch than demon in your eyes, your words `=`
I didn't definitively say you were, the key word in that sentence was "might" if you re-read it:

No one really stands out to me at the moment as a good lynch. I'm unsure as to whether Demon bidding in public is enough to lynch him, or if considering someone like Baka or Lawl for the lynch might be better.
Like I said, no one stands out to me as a clear good lynch. Demon's fumble could be something or it couldn't, and I'm keeping an open mind on who to vote for. You're someone I'm considering because I feel like you're deliberately just skimming the surface to not do much for some reason, and as for why I threw Baka out there as a name I thought some of her reasoning earlier on was a tad odd. This is all pretty minor and not much to go on at this point though.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Did Gry mention anything about being unavailable? Feels weird seeing him with such little activtiy
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,076
Gender
Female
Country
France
Done with the bid. Was not so easy to choose since there can be many approaches. I wonder how many will go for the main roles, I went full support-ish here.

The ones arguing against sharing their spending/choice of EVA, also what do you guys think about sanities for the relevant roles?
Inb4 no one went for the big roles and they're still out there tomorrow because everyone assumed they would be swarmed by people and they weren't.

The sanities roles have 4 uses or more each I suppose that's enough to find out your sanity. Assuming people bid low to be sure to have enough use.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,904
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
About Demon, I'm kind of on the fence if he's just an easy lynch for mafia due to his behavior, or if that behavior is deliberate. Because I could see him pull something like this off as mafia, doesn't seem out of character. I'm just not sure if he'd do it on D1, that is a bit risky.

As for James, honestly the purely the fact that there were walls (I'm super tired so reading that takes forever) makes me want to vote for him.
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,076
Gender
Female
Country
France
I did my bid. I went for the fun one. Please let me have it 😔
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,904
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Inb4 no one went for the big roles and they're still out there tomorrow because everyone assumed they would be swarmed by people and they weren't.
Yeaaaah that's something to consider. Will have to decide which one to pick too soonish
 

AwkwardMisha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
702
Country
Akatsuki
I think he changed his mind about the rotation thing when he read again about the daily losing MHT.



Btw no it seems like the only way to get MHT os through the doc EVA where you can grant 3 MHT per night, or the one where you can steal them but that's it.





It totally come across as that I agree but on D1 it's quite hard for me to have a definitive advice on people. I see some players already making walls about their read on these and these people and they're not based on much.

So unless something really strikes me, I have to vote someone based on my own feelings.



We still have some time to play my vote might change.





This happened to me once its funny but not really, good luck !!

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---




??? Is that said in the OP post ?? Cause I missed that info.

Like when we die we get to transfer our MHT to someone ? Or it's more like bonus points for playing according to our faction goals ?


This is something I found confusing as well, does a correct lynch grant coins to entire town?



There are 9 mechs, so they’ll rotate one way or another

Those who bid high today will have less use of the role, leaving those who bid lower with longer term advantages later in the game



Mafia could easily take advantage of this by stirring the pot and encouraging town to bid high early on, leaving only a few town players able to secure Evas for extended use



If the doc is the only one who can grant coins, that makes them much more valuable later in the game when players begin placing lower bids, assuming high bids will dominate early rounds, seeing how the discussions have gone so far



Hmmmm also, why focus on high kill roles in Day 1 or Day 2 when most players seem suspicious?

Can’t that easily backfire? Mafia won’t necessarily need to use their mechs killing abilities, they can simply just hoard useful mechs.

At the same time securing kill roles for town does block mafia from hoarding them, but it’s still a risky move, as it leaves you mech-less during the next phases



That said, town still has the numbers advantage, and even a mason role or jesus can be useful as at least it can confirm players as town



and evn if mafia manages to secure killing role mechs, they can still be singled out and lynched if we successfully identify them
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,076
Gender
Female
Country
France
Yeaaaah that's something to consider. Will have to decide which one to pick too soonish
I said it like this but it's obvious there will be bids for them. mafia bids at the very least.
Thankfully they couldn't coordinate (unless i missed some code ??) so they might pile their bids on the same one.
 

AwkwardMisha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
702
Country
Akatsuki
sorry for the weird format of my posts, my hands are frozen and i am using my notes to write my thoughts out~
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don't see how that's much more than her just signalling she might bid for it. She does have a thing for anything mason-related
same as demon, just that demon posted a number
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
He can feel our shared vampire-ness
ha ha you're right!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Alrighty lovelies, time to share some thoughts, as i am skimming through the posts~



I find it intriguing that Jinx is baiting a role from the start, much like Demon. In most of the games I’ve played with Jinx, she tended to stay quiet, offering more subtle hints.

Interestingly, in those games she was always mafia. So, I am pretty torn here.

unsure if she’s genuinely town this time or just baiting again



On the other hand, we have Demon, who James cornered pretty quickly

It’s been a while since I’ve played, so I’m not sure if this level of pressure is typical for James

While I appreciate a good deduction, the way Demon has been targeted for elimination feels a bit too aggressive for day one, especially given that the reasoning behind it was a public bid



James entire argument relies on how town should have a bidding strategy, but in the end the bidding is silent, making the forum discussions a bit moot

Sure, Demon is often mafia, and yes, I owe him one for letting me get lynched in a past game 😤Still, going after him so aggressively this early seems like overkill



That said, I do agree with some of James’ logic, such as the idea that low bids on Evas allow mafia to hoard them, leaving town defenseless.

His strategy implies town bidding high for single use roles, ensuring that we can constantly rotate the roles

However, bidding high also means only a few roles will be distributed at a time, which could limit towns role options



What’s unclear to me is how James expects public discussions about bidding to work. Wouldn’t town openly sharing their bidding plans just make them easy targets for mafia? Plus, if two players bid the same on an Eva, it’s randomly assigned anyway

My gut tells me this entire debacle will end up intrinsically into a bidding war



Also, a clarification: if we run out of coins, do they replenish, or is that it, no more Evas?



If town bids high early on for singleuse roles, it could leave mafia free to secure Evas cheaply later on for longer term use.



Lastly, Tastu, I appreciated your reasoning behind your vote. If you were active yourself, it might have not come across as an opportunistic, low hanging fruit kind of vote~



I am still reading through fyi, these were my 2 cents until now

Aso i got in the wrong train reading through it 😭
Need to find a way back now 😭
i agree with most of this, except. 3 bids in a 20 ppl game is not "soo aggressively" ppl need to calm tities
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,904
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Actually you know what, it's not just the fact that those walls are long (and yes I'm aware they're not that long, I'm genuinely just tired lol). James was talking so much, asking so much questions (which I feel had answers that were easy to be found). That second vote on Demon (placed by James) comes across as a bit opportunistic. I'm not sure that gives me good vibes. It's kind of giving let's talk a lot to look engaging and green to me. It's giving he might be scum instead.

This however doesn't paint Demon green in my eyes - They might not be in the same team.

So for now;
Votekill James

I'll return after an elaborate spa session 🛀
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
You put me on the list because accroding to you I said demon is town. Never in I'm life would I ever vouch for demon, 1) I can't ever read him, 2) he has the most sus avatar with horns and stuff. What happened here is you created a demon train (claiming unkowingly, but whatever is the difference anyway) and now throwing shade on everybody who put you in their sus list with last straw defenses like i don't like to play around you with zero self reflection on how you're not even really following the thread conversation, yet claim to be right about stuff on a "hunch". Well, good luck, babes.

Baka and James, not Baka and desin voted him, think that's what she was alluding to.

I'm sort of over the demon-baka-james discussion though. Don't quote me on that anymore, I won't engage. This is perfect ground for mafia to hide behind and slip through with low post counts and contributions.
how exactly did i create the train for voting last? if anyone's to be pointed towards for creating a train is james who's argued against him a lot more than me and all 3 of us can still swap votes nothing's locked, though I personally don't see why i would swap.

I'm not puting shade on anyone for susing me, don't put words in my mouth. There's a difference between i'm making you my sus list for susing me and I'm making you my sus list for defending demon so strongly ona a D1. How bout you do your own inner reflection before assuming about others?
I said I was busy and skimmed through, which ended at that post since I've been reading every post since i wrote it, so let's not assume again. Also I never said I'm right on my hunch I said I'm going with my hunch, and if it proves wrong it's not the first time someone misslynches it's a normal process of the game, and it's D1 with 20 ppl in it not like it decides the fate of the game for town, and not like he may have a good role to hang on. Your arguments are not valid for this game and this mechanic. You're insisting on it being so bad if i'm wrong about demon like it's the fate of the game being decided, and it's not. We just started.
If you'd prefer, you can gang up on me instead and outvote his votes and have me dead for the same reasons (ah wait you're already trying to point fingers at me my bad). Nobody's stopping you.

I wasn't alluring to anything, it was pretty clear.


I don't care if you don't engage, I'm speaking my mind, you're not the only one reading these comments and obviously not the only one entitled to not engage further, so don't quote me on this i won't engage anymore :hurr
 

AwkwardMisha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
702
Country
Akatsuki
ha ha you're right!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



i agree with most of this, except. 3 bids in a 20 ppl game is not "soo aggressively" ppl need to calm tities
i am not saying the bids are aggressive, i am stating that the retaliation against them seem odd, more so being the first few posts where most of us were trying to figure out the mechanics.

As for jinx, i am still trying trying to figure her out
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top