Tower of God Spin-Off: Urek Mazino Chapter 1-7 Spoilers & Discussion

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
Maybe I am misremembering but didn't SIU say in some old blog post that urek was not an axis? On a side note this chapter perhaps sets up the stage for the reveal that zahard went into the tower to become a shining one or something to that effect.
We don’t have a lot of context for whatever happened in these chapters.
Tho those blog posts were probably deleted for a reason. Seems like he is going to retcon a lot of stuff from those blogs.
 

Ray Barracuda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 26, 2024
Messages
3,150
Reaction score
4,158
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Uchiha Clan
Urek wankers.
At the very least they don’t seem to realize the difference between what he is now to what he could be.

he FACTUALLY has the potential to be able to surpass everyone based on his lore.

he also FACTUALLY is not even close to that potential yet. He is as of season 3, at less than 1% of phantas power.

weirdos here.


Allow, it's a very wonderful hype news.



Before today no one, absolutely no one in their right minds ever thought it would be possible that Urek was an Enryu level entity let alone a potential Phanta level entity.



Mfers we're even putting him below Zahard.



Let the wank flow, it's genuinely deserved and achievable Eitherway, call it wanking in advance 🤣.



Anyways, don't ruin the fun, it's just hype, not a think piece.
 

VON

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
1,577
Reaction score
2,433
Country
Gotei 13
Maybe I am misremembering but didn't SIU say in some old blog post that urek was not an axis? On a side note this chapter perhaps sets up the stage for the reveal that zahard went into the tower to become a shining one or something to that effect.
I dont remember that word for word but he most likely hasn’t awakened as a shining one.
 

NAMELESS

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2024
Messages
467
Reaction score
667
Country
Brazil
I’m also starting to believe the Axis from the blog posts were retcon. Seems like they are not totally invincible outside of other axis. Seems like other types of powers could work on them.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



I do like the world building. I’m hoping he doesn’t fuck it up.

unlike popular believe here, I don’t think tower of god has gone to shit. I very much still like and enjoy the story. It’s not going how many wanted to, but I’m fine with that.
I think right now TOG has the same problem as One Piece. It has gone to main character and his gang having adventures to wars and politics. I don't hate it, but i have nostalgia for the magic of early seasons.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
Maybe I am misremembering but didn't SIU say in some old blog post that urek was not an axis? On a side note this chapter perhaps sets up the stage for the reveal that zahard went into the tower to become a shining one or something to that effect.
Don't think he did. But there is no Axis among the characters we know besides Phanta. They are reality warpers.
 

Ray Barracuda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 26, 2024
Messages
3,150
Reaction score
4,158
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Uchiha Clan
I’m also starting to believe the Axis from the blog posts were retcon. Seems like they are not totally invincible outside of other axis. Seems like other types of powers could work on them.
?

Don't see this tho.


The shining ones are people who are born to become an Axis, it's not a different power that's hurting an Axis if they eventually become one, it's still the power of an Axis against an Axis.


There's no inconsistency here me thinks.


Don't see the implications that other powers can just hurt em when the end goal is still that you become an Axis in order to hurt one.


I think we're even literally looking at the source of what makes a born King.
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
I think right now TOG has the same problem as One Piece. It has gone to main character and his gang having adventures to wars and politics. I don't hate it, but i have nostalgia for the magic of early seasons.
Maybe is a necessity for now, so that it later on gets to a point where it feel like earlier seasons. I’m sure everyone will have their time again.
Tho that I agree is its weakest aspect.

I think introducing to many high rankers was also not so bright on SIU.
 

Kenneth Latorre

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
2,269
Age
28
Country
United States
If he goes and retcons axis into not being omnipotent within their own group, then I think it will be a better way to write the story. Introduce factions that could compete with them.

who knows if Enryu type of beings are similar in nature. We do know these shining star people can compete.
 

VON

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
1,577
Reaction score
2,433
Country
Gotei 13
If he goes and retcons axis into not being omnipotent within their own group, then I think it will be a better way to write the story. Introduce factions that could compete with them.

who knows if Enryu type of beings are similar in nature. We do know these shining star people can compete.
These shining star seems to be gods born from the beginning of the universe. I don’t think they are a group of people.

probably innately born Axis, then there are the other type, awakened Axis.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
If he goes and retcons axis into not being omnipotent within their own group, then I think it will be a better way to write the story. Introduce factions that could compete with them.

who knows if Enryu type of beings are similar in nature. We do know these shining star people can compete.
Enryu was someone's servant. There is no way he is an Axis.
 

NAMELESS

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2024
Messages
467
Reaction score
667
Country
Brazil
Maybe is a necessity for now, so that it later on gets to a point where it feel like earlier seasons. I’m sure everyone will have their time again.
Tho that I agree is its weakest aspect.

I think introducing to many high rankers was also not so bright on SIU.
The hell train was peak TOG. I need to re-read the entire thing at some point.
 

Quizey

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 14, 2022
Messages
13
Reaction score
20
Age
31
Country
Gotei 13
Any idea when we can expect first translations? Did you guys just go through it without understanding?
 

NAMELESS

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2024
Messages
467
Reaction score
667
Country
Brazil
Any idea when we can expect first translations? Did you guys just go through it without understanding?
Probably tonight or tomorrow.
 

maverickframe_19

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2024
Messages
1,838
Reaction score
3,726
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
India
Its crazy but if the 13 Great Warriors are set outside the tower, they might not be anything special at all.
But this already is crazy line of thinking to me. This tower of god story belongs to bam (Arlene's revenge & 13 GW's journey in their quest to change the tower) We should not forget this fact ever. Urek is an outlier. He chased after Phanta in this tower to defeat him. Urek's story by all means is different. It's just because of Phanta's interference we have our current Urek predicament.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Enryu was someone's servant. There is no way he is an Axis.
He might have the potential to be a shining light but not axis for sure.

ok now the real question is are we willing to believe Urek when he said he could take Traumerei and Gustang both at the same time. LOL.
 

Epic_Rider

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
1,698
Reaction score
1,832
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
1.- SIU scrapped the old axis concept. In this case we just gotta wait and see how things play out and apparently urek would be some manner of axis which is unrelated to the godlike nonsense originally framed.
2.- The concept has not changed and both phanta and urek are operating under the old rules. If this is the case the perhaps shining ones are just part of some other story which phanta meddled directly with for some reason. In this case of course a trillion ultra instinct ureks wouldn't be able to tickle phanta.
Seems clear enough that SiU has scrapped the Axis concept since Phanta's backstory is completely different. When you look at the first chapter, seems like SiU has had this new setting in mind as far back as Hidden Floor, he just picked this time to introduce it.

It certainly sets up a lot of stuff regarding Baam's background as well.
 

DExi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 7, 2021
Messages
32
Reaction score
120
Age
24
Country
Algeria
About the Zahard Princess, I bet she is probably not from one of the 10F. But if she is, she is most likely a Po Bidau? She has the same hairstyle as Dumas.
from the text in chapter the test ranker called her RANI when she got out from goat
 
Top