Predictions Who did Ignia take off after?

SleipnirX

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
401
Reaction score
666
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
At the end of chapter 177 Ignia senses someone and abandons his stand off with Faris. As it might still be a while before we find out who he's after, here's a few suggestions that have been floated:
  • Dogramag - the only Dragon God who hasn't yet reappeared. Seems a fairly obvious contender.
  • Acnologia - would be a real stretch for him to come back, and cheapen the whole ending of the OG series. Would Ignia really rush towards him, and would the others not also sense him as they've already fought against him?
  • Igneel - another huge stretch, Mashima has downplayed the emotional connection between Ignia, Natsu and Igneel so far, and that's really the only thing I could see us getting out of this.
  • An unknown character - possibly the most likely option, given only Ignia reacted to it.
  • Elefseria - I don't see why he'd prompt that much of a reaction from Ignia tbh.
  • Wed's mother - again, it's difficult to see where Mashima would really be going with this, plus it was implied the character was quite powerful, whereas Wed's mother is a Human (which doesn't mean she can't be powerful, but it makes it less likely). The only real evidence for this I can see is Wed's reveal and Ignia taking off all happened in the same run of chapters. That could easily be coincidence though.
Interested to see if anyone thinks they've worked it out or spotted any clues (honestly at this point I'd be really surprised if it had any decent foreshadowing though).
 

Anime VORTEX

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2017
Messages
520
Reaction score
871
Age
31
Country
Indonesia
Its most likely going to be the sun dragon god
 

Shiki_Dragneel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2022
Messages
565
Reaction score
1,047
Country
Alvarez Empire
At the end of chapter 177 Ignia senses someone and abandons his stand off with Faris. As it might still be a while before we find out who he's after, here's a few suggestions that have been floated:
  • Dogramag - the only Dragon God who hasn't yet reappeared. Seems a fairly obvious contender.
  • Acnologia - would be a real stretch for him to come back, and cheapen the whole ending of the OG series. Would Ignia really rush towards him, and would the others not also sense him as they've already fought against him?
  • Igneel - another huge stretch, Mashima has downplayed the emotional connection between Ignia, Natsu and Igneel so far, and that's really the only thing I could see us getting out of this.
  • An unknown character - possibly the most likely option, given only Ignia reacted to it.
  • Elefseria - I don't see why he'd prompt that much of a reaction from Ignia tbh.
  • Wed's mother - again, it's difficult to see where Mashima would really be going with this, plus it was implied the character was quite powerful, whereas Wed's mother is a Human (which doesn't mean she can't be powerful, but it makes it less likely). The only real evidence for this I can see is Wed's reveal and Ignia taking off all happened in the same run of chapters. That could easily be coincidence though.
Interested to see if anyone thinks they've worked it out or spotted any clues (honestly at this point I'd be really surprised if it had any decent foreshadowing though).
I don’t think its Dogramag, even if they were „friends“, Ignia let him die, so why should he go after him?

Its most likely going to be the sun dragon god
I think the same.

Ignia has a sun tattoo on his chest, the sun dragon is part of the 7 elements and 6 of them are part of the DG so I am pretty sure that the sun dragon will appear too and I think he/she will be the dragon who Ignia sensed. Maybe this dragon is connected to Ignia or his family maybe Igneels father or mother? So Ignias and Natsus grandfather/grandmother?
 

SleipnirX

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
401
Reaction score
666
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
Its most likely going to be the sun dragon god
I don’t think its Dogramag, even if they were „friends“, Ignia let him die, so why should he go after him?


I think the same.

Ignia has a sun tattoo on his chest, the sun dragon is part of the 7 elements and 6 of them are part of the DG so I am pretty sure that the sun dragon will appear too and I think he/she will be the dragon who Ignia sensed. Maybe this dragon is connected to Ignia or his family maybe Igneels father or mother? So Ignias and Natsus grandfather/grandmother?
Well Dogramag did seem to be fairly involved in Ignia's plan, so I suppose if there's a flicker of life he might go to retrieve him incase he proves of further use? Maybe not though as I don't necessarily think Ignia would go himself, probably more likely to send one of his underlings in a case like this.

I'm personally more interested in the idea Ignia himself becomes the Sun Dragon God (or already is also? I'm thinking of his 'special fire' that could affect Merc's water - like the sun evaporating seas and lakes?) rather than it being a yet to be introduced Dragon, but we'll see. The SDG being another son of Igneel could be quite an interesting dynamic, though it would kind of step on the toes of Natsu and Ignia in the story.
 

Steven

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2020
Messages
2,246
Reaction score
4,033
Age
35
Country
Germany
>Acnologia(makes no sense because we have Black Faris)
>Sun Dragongod
>A new character(not Sun DG)

I bet on this 3 options
 

SleipnirX

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
401
Reaction score
666
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
>Acnologia(makes no sense because we have Black Faris)
>Sun Dragongod
>A new character(not Sun DG)

I bet on this 3 options
Part of me really does want it to be Acno as he got short shrift in the main series, but bringing him back would cause some issues, and it's not like the writing in 100YQ has been night and day better vs what we were getting in Alvarez, so who knows if it would even be enjoyable if he was brought back?

Sun DG is a possibility as above, I do like the idea of that being Ignia in some capacity though, so maybe a new character fits best? That would likely fit better with a Kishotenketsu story structure where an unexpected twist is a big part of the climax of the story.
 

Shiki_Dragneel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2022
Messages
565
Reaction score
1,047
Country
Alvarez Empire
Well Dogramag did seem to be fairly involved in Ignia's plan, so I suppose if there's a flicker of life he might go to retrieve him incase he proves of further use? Maybe not though as I don't necessarily think Ignia would go himself, probably more likely to send one of his underlings in a case like this.

I'm personally more interested in the idea Ignia himself becomes the Sun Dragon God (or already is also? I'm thinking of his 'special fire' that could affect Merc's water - like the sun evaporating seas and lakes?) rather than it being a yet to be introduced Dragon, but we'll see. The SDG being another son of Igneel could be quite an interesting dynamic, though it would kind of step on the toes of Natsu and Ignia in the story.
I think that too, he would rather send one of his servants to him.

If Ignia is the sun dragon then I think it will be a new character, maybe a god?
 

Steven

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2020
Messages
2,246
Reaction score
4,033
Age
35
Country
Germany
Part of me really does want it to be Acno as he got short shrift in the main series
This

His final fight and moment were rushed like crazy.Maybe giving him a second chance like Dog got?
 

SleipnirX

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
401
Reaction score
666
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
This

His final fight and moment were rushed like crazy.Maybe giving him a second chance like Dog got?
Assuming it is Acno how do you see his role in the story unfolding? Would Ignia crap his pants and have Fire & Flame team up with Fairy Tail to defeat him? Or do you think he'd be reanimated by Faris using DNA from his arm (kinda like FTs version of Dr Gero & Cell lol) so he'd be a huge buff to her faction (which tbh seems a bit underpowered at the moment).
 

Steven

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2020
Messages
2,246
Reaction score
4,033
Age
35
Country
Germany
Assuming it is Acno how do you see his role in the story unfolding? Would Ignia crap his pants and have Fire & Flame team up with Fairy Tail to defeat him? Or do you think he'd be reanimated by Faris using DNA from his arm (kinda like FTs version of Dr Gero & Cell lol) so he'd be a huge buff to her faction (which tbh seems a bit underpowered at the moment).
I would more assume that Faris would transform into Acnologia.She already has his arm as a part of her body

I just dont know how and why should a part of Acnologia still in his old arm.You need a lot of mental gymnastic to bring him back
 

SleipnirX

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
401
Reaction score
666
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
I would more assume that Faris would transform into Acnologia.She already has his arm as a part of her body

I just dont know how and why should a part of Acnologia still in his old arm.You need a lot of mental gymnastic to bring him back
That would certainly be better for a second attempt at Acno, though if that's the case it still leaves whoever Ignia has gone after!
 

MangerDan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
1,369
Reaction score
1,433
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Maybe it’s someone related to Igneel and old foe perhaps.
 

SleipnirX

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
401
Reaction score
666
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe it’s someone related to Igneel and old foe perhaps.
Someone else linked to Igneel could definitely be quite interesting, I think another son of Igneel was mentioned above, Ignia's half brother or the like. Or even how about Ignia's mother? That's a bit of a stretch, with it presumably having been 400 years or so since Ignia was born, as that's when Igneel disappeared and was hiding in Natsu.

If Ignia has been alive for 400 years he must have been doing something besides hiding from Acno in that time so yeah, plenty of scope for him to make other enemies as well.
 

Sevently

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2017
Messages
1,317
Reaction score
1,240
Age
27
Country
France
Igneel or a new dragon.
 
Top