Spoiler One Piece Spoiler Hints Discussion

Core D. Roy

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
7,363
Reaction score
9,272
Age
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Yamato has been referred to as son and Kaido’s daughter
Specifically Yamato was referred to as "Oni Princess", but never as "Kaidou's daughter", it's always "Kaidou's son". IIRC.

Any reply to this can go into the Yamato thread
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I am now really curious about Morley. She's never been hinted as having been a pirate, much less rampaging with the Giant Pirates. Though it is entirely possible we have a throwaway cut to the Great Erik and she's chillin' out while everyone else is kidnapping a princess or whatever
 

wing_gundam

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
878
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It was said He was 45 years in Elbaf calendar which is 15 years human calendar.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



He would've been born 126 years ago
I think you have the giant years/ human years thing backward. It's not like a dog where they get 7 dog years = 1 human year. It's more like the maturity of a 45 year old giant is equivalent to a human 15 year old despite being 45 years old in human years. Hence that's why they live for 200-400 years (in human years).
 

Core D. Roy

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
7,363
Reaction score
9,272
Age
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
It was said He was 45 years in Elbaf calendar which is 15 years human calendar.
Their calendar isn't different. Their lifespans are 3x human, and they mature at about 3x slower a rate as a result. Collun is 27 years old which makes him 9 by human maturity standards. Their calendar is the same as the human calendar though.
 

Core D. Roy

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
7,363
Reaction score
9,272
Age
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Oh really?

oh yeah forgot about that fun mix-up in the official title card. hence, "IIRC".

anyways, i clearly just said anything relating to yamato can go to the yamato thread.
 

electricmastro

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 26, 2020
Messages
4,769
Reaction score
3,643
Age
30
Country
United States
oh yeah forgot about that fun mix-up in the official title card. hence, "IIRC".
Ah, so now it’s a fun “mix-up”.

I wonder what other things are a fun “mix-up” in this manga. lol
 

Sr.Enissay

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2020
Messages
508
Reaction score
535
Country
Morocco
I think you have the giant years/ human years thing backward. It's not like a dog where they get 7 dog years = 1 human year. It's more like the maturity of a 45 year old giant is equivalent to a human 15 year old despite being 45 years old in human years. Hence that's why they live for 200-400 years (in human years).
It's not a matter of races. It's a matter of places.
It's the time in Elbaph Vs. the time in the human world (or anywhere besides Elbaph and maybe the little Garden).
In Elbaph, the time goes by slowly and even a human is impacted by it. Gaban thought 3 or 4 years has been since Roger's death while for Shanks it was a decade.
We have also Imu who thinks the knights are late when it wasn't that long since their arrival.
Not to mention the warning at the beginning of the arc against staying too long in Elbaph.
I'm assuming if a giant spent much time outside of Elbaph, he will age faster compared to a giant who hasn't been outside for a long period. Dorry and Brogy are looking younger than Saul🙄
 

Zmsp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
1,354
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
It's interesting because I'm fairly convinced that the newkama plot is just the pre-timeskip introduction/metaphor to something we'll soon see in the manga: transcended/evolved humans. It's not about gender, but about the union of male and female souls within a body: Yin/Yang, the importance of the panda motif, the duality/mirror aspects and so on.

It's about alchemy and that type of folktale, with hints of it already sprinkled in the manga: the el dorado/philosopher's stone lore, the pentagrams we now see associated with the devil, the scientist that postulated the weight of the soul. Ivankov is the "king of queens", the "miracle worker", with a power capable of altering the human body.

Remember Inazuma? He was someone that Ivankov mentioned as being "very important", with a Harry Potter scar and a half/half visual, alternating between male and female body types. He was given an importance that was never elaborated on, and why's that? Because we're not quite there yet.

I mentioned this flashback relating to Germa but that's mostly figurative - Germa was the warmongering nation that people feared, had great power and influence that ended abruptly, associated with the devil, eventually had a weird relationship with nobility/government -> we see them as mercenaries in present times, just like the giants were called by Sommers. Is that all? No, we also have the connection with Big Mom, the marriage plots with Loki/Lola and Sanji/Pudding and the lineage factor and discovering the "blueprints to life itself".

We're at a point where all narratives start converging.

Edit: Oh, and you needed 5 years to produce a 20 year old germa clone, or something along those lines, so relative lifespans being another common plot point like the one mentioned with Harald and the 15/45yo stuff.
 

Sr.Enissay

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2020
Messages
508
Reaction score
535
Country
Morocco
Their calendar isn't different. Their lifespans are 3x human, and they mature at about 3x slower a rate as a result. Collun is 27 years old which makes him 9 by human maturity standards. Their calendar is the same as the human calendar though.
Maybe I wasn't accurate in choosing the term "calendar" but, as I said above it's not a race matter. It's something related to Elbaph as a place. The people in Elbaph don't age fast because the time on Elbaph moves on slowly compared to the rest of the world.
Saul looks older than the 2 captains 🙄 but he's younger
 

WILDCARD 1 7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2017
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
2,786
Country
Galactic Empire
In the Vicre Cards it says she was born in Drum.

I don't think the princess seen in this chapter will have a role.
Agreed

But if she does I'll but they'll make her a Nefertari.
 

Core D. Roy

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
7,363
Reaction score
9,272
Age
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I'm assuming if a giant spent much time outside of Elbaph, he will age faster compared to a giant who hasn't been outside for a long period. Dorry and Brogy are looking younger than Saul🙄
It's also possible the time curse of Elbaf is built into giant lineage, and it's not something they have to be there for. IE maybe people from 3000 years ago settled this magical land that gigantified them, and part of that process was adapting to a different time flow. I'm wildly spitballing, but I don't want to *not* have it written down publicly just in case lol

I wouldn't have thought about this until the whole "they mature 3x as slowly, same as they age" thing. If it was just a mundane biological difference, they should still mature at a faster rate than 3x as slow. The amount of external life experience they get isn't somehow also slowed down, a 27 year old Collun has still gone through 27 years of experience... as a child.

There's some magical mystery going on with giants that isn't just their big size and strength. "Ancient giants", this age/maturity thing, Elbaf having giant flora and fauna, buccaneers being connected to them somehow. Actually pretty jazzed to figure out this mystery
 

electricmastro

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 26, 2020
Messages
4,769
Reaction score
3,643
Age
30
Country
United States
Maybe I wasn't accurate in choosing the term "calendar" but, as I said above it's not a race matter. It's something related to Elbaph as a place. The people in Elbaph don't age fast because the time on Elbaph moves on slowly compared to the rest of the world.
Saul looks older than the 2 captains 🙄 but he's younger
Gonna be weird if it turns out years will pass by outside of Elbaf. I wonder what would happen.
 

Trip_LLL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2022
Messages
799
Reaction score
898
Country
Canada
I legitimately cannot wait for it to be revealed that time flows the same on Elbaf as it does everywhere else.
The flashback takes place 14 years ago. Since the timescale according to narration is 3x, it means that we're looking at 3-4 years passing in "Elbaf time."
Does Gaban look 4 years younger? Or does he look a decade younger? (to be fair, sometimes you cant trust manga aging)
Yeah. I cannot wait. And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But man, I'm going to love it if I'm not.

Hints wise, I saw evil stepmother, and the birth of a child, so I guess that's covering the wives of the king.
 

Core D. Roy

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
7,363
Reaction score
9,272
Age
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Dude is in love with Yamato and will not shut up about him. You have made the wise choice sir.
there's nothing wrong with being gay for a dude with a great rack and bum, y'hear
 

Bradhimself

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2011
Messages
2,001
Reaction score
1,955
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
there's nothing wrong with being gay for a dude with a great rack and bum, y'hear
Definitely not! I mean in the sense that they will argue and argue and defend that character to death. They have blocked me because I shot down their "Yamato is the next Straw Hat" theory. I think it's Vivi (who is technically a Straw Hat anyways) and Loki has been the most recent to be asked lol.

Anyways, wise choice and that brings up the question.

When will Luffy see the "X" on Vivi's hand? She is to be tied back into the story soon!!
 

Trip_LLL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2022
Messages
799
Reaction score
898
Country
Canada
Definitely not! I mean in the sense that they will argue and argue and defend that character to death. They have blocked me because I shot down their "Yamato is the next Straw Hat" theory. I think it's Vivi (who is technically a Straw Hat anyways) and Loki has been the most recent to be asked lol.

Anyways, wise choice and that brings up the question.

When will Luffy see the "X" on Vivi's hand? She is to be tied back into the story soon!!
That "X" ain't being seen until Elbaf is over at least. And by then, she might be kidnapped.
 

Sefirosu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
508
Reaction score
3,428
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Vietnam

break next week...
 

Bradhimself

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2011
Messages
2,001
Reaction score
1,955
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
That "X" ain't being seen until Elbaf is over at least. And by then, she might be kidnapped.
I can totally see Imu capturing her. I really hope she joins the crew for the final leg and isn't some damsel in distress.
 
Top