Discussion It was 6 chapters ago...

Cinera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
2,194
Reaction score
4,757
Age
28
Country
Nigeria
It was 6 chapters ago (end of 26) Maschenny showed up in the spinoff.


6 chapters later and she hasn't done anything.

It's not as if she's not been in the intermediate chapters either.

Maschenny has been on panel in 6 of the last 7 chapters:
  • 26 shows up at the end
  • 27: dives beneath the waves
  • 28: infiltrate the castle, sensed by Asa go into hiding
  • 29: absent
  • 30: Prepare to ambush Mago, ambushed by Asa
  • 31: dodge Asa's attacks
  • 32: Cameo/background
I'd accept it if nothing had happened on the Maschenny/Khun side because they haven't had any panel time. But that's far from the case; SIU has just been drip feeding the Castle plot.

The pacing on that front has been so very slow. I log on each week only to receive tiny scraps every single time.

A part of me feels like it would be better to just not develop the Castle POV until SIU is ready to focus on it, rather than drip feeding the plot across a dozen chapters.

This is just quite frustrating for the reader.

Like what even is the point of having small castle snippets each chapter? Why not focus exclusively on one side or the other?

---

I am half convinced that SIU is only doing the little Castle snippets to bait fans and generate cheap hype to prop up the Regulars/Urek plotline.

And I feel like that's just disrespectful to me as a reader.

I feel scammed.
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
Well, if she is a Regular as you think, it's her plot armor in effect because Asa would crush her in no time.

He has something specific his mind and he is "buying time" with these chapters.
 

Cinera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
2,194
Reaction score
4,757
Age
28
Country
Nigeria
Well, if she is a Regular as you think, it's her plot armor in effect because Asa would crush her in no time.

He has something specific his mind and he is "buying time" with these chapters.
No, I think he used Maschenny as cheap bait for Princess fans. I got invested in the spinoff when she showed up. I know some others who did as well.

And then SIU is drip feeding Maschenny POV to continue stringing along the Princess fans each chapter.

Unironically, it's seeming like a parsimonous explanation of why SIU keeps including very small Maschenny POVs that don't do much each chapter.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,920
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Considering that the second floor ruler position is important enough that evankhelp dropped more than 40 spots in the rank when fired it's clear that mascheny is up against some manner of big shot even though she seems fairly young (that said, she is almost definitely a ranker as even most normal rankers would be effortlessly exploded by standard high rankers). I wouldn't be too surprised if siu is simply setting up the final battle against mago where mascheny and co intervene against others rankers there. Which should be more up her alley.
 

arrowofsky

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
3,651
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
No, I think he used Maschenny as cheap bait for Princess fans. I got invested in the spinoff when she showed up. I know some others who did as well.

And then SIU is drip feeding Maschenny POV to continue stringing along the Princess fans each chapter.

Unironically, it's seeming like a parsimonous explanation of why SIU keeps including very small Maschenny POVs that don't do much each chapter.
I hear you, I would be similar if Luslec appeared there or F.U.G., and probably they will appear at some point to show how they tried to contact Urek etc.
In addition to that, SIU just put some materials here and there in the spinoff to later use them in S4, so probably no flashbacks there will have Urek. To put this another way, spin off is just some "fun" chapters with several lore drops here and there in my opinion.
 

maverickframe_19

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2024
Messages
1,825
Reaction score
3,716
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
India
No, I think he used Maschenny as cheap bait for Princess fans. I got invested in the spinoff when she showed up. I know some others who did as well.

And then SIU is drip feeding Maschenny POV to continue stringing along the Princess fans each chapter.

Unironically, it's seeming like a parsimonous explanation of why SIU keeps including very small Maschenny POVs that don't do much each chapter.
hahahahaha, it seems like the longer it drags on, the more it feels like it. But I would give SIU some leeway here; Maschneyy's involvement could very well be linked to Mago's death and her transformation into an ignition weapon for Eduan. I believe her involvement can still be justified. However, SIU has a soft spot for gaslighting fans.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
Now that we saw the fight, I am curious. Who do you think is the strongest character Spin-off Maschenny can beat and the weakest character who can beat her? Use characters from the main story only.
 

Cinera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
2,194
Reaction score
4,757
Age
28
Country
Nigeria
Now that we saw the fight, I am curious. Who do you think is the strongest character Spin-off Maschenny can beat and the weakest character who can beat her? Use characters from the main story only.
Spin Off Maschenny didn't use Redan/transcendental techniques, so I'm basing this only on the Asa fight.

IMO based on what we saw, she's stronger than some Branch Leaders and weaker than others.

Some of the upper level Branch Leaders would defeat her (maybe Dowon tier?) and she'd beat lower level Branch Leaders (Elbaba, Goruro, etc.).

This will probably change by the arc's end.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
Spin Off Maschenny didn't use Redan/transcendental techniques, so I'm basing this only on the Asa fight.

IMO based on what we saw, she's stronger than some Branch Leaders and weaker than others.

Some of the upper level Branch Leaders would defeat her (maybe Dowon tier?) and she'd beat lower level Branch Leaders (Elbaba, Goruro, etc.).

This will probably change by the arc's end.
:notsure ...

Then how strong do you think HR Maschenny is?
 
Top