Discussion How do you think Eduan's Shinwonryu be?

maverickframe_19

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2024
Messages
1,825
Reaction score
3,716
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
India
Lightning Spear =/= Shinwonryu though. Traumerei's Shinwonryu has nothing to do with his one and only Shinsoo Attribute.
True, but I believe Traumerei was not known for any specific shinshoo quality or attribute in general. He was an anima, and his shinwonryuu reflected that. What is Eduan? Blue thunderclap. Lightning user. When he arrives, lightning follows. For me, it has nothing to do with him possessing multiple shinsho qualities. That thing tells me he's unique even among the FHs. So it's safe to assume that his shinwonryuu is lightning-quality and shaped like a spear or a lightning bolt. Something he could throw or cause to rain, like spears. That's just my opinion; you can disagree, and I'm not saying you're wrong in any way.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
True, but I believe Traumerei was not known for any specific shinshoo quality or attribute in general. He was an anima, and his shinwonryuu reflected that. What is Eduan? Blue thunderclap. Lightning user. When he arrives, lightning follows. For me, it has nothing to do with him possessing multiple shinsho qualities. That thing tells me he's unique even among the FHs. So it's safe to assume that his shinwonryuu is lightning-quality and shaped like a spear or a lightning bolt. Something he could throw or cause to rain, like spears. That's just my opinion; you can disagree, and I'm not saying you're wrong in any way.
The thing is that, although they all have their specific talents, they are all geniuses. Animas can still have Shinsoo Attributes and Traumerei's is very special and hax. Eduan's Jeonsul is quite obviously his main attribute and its strongest but he has much more in his arsenal. Considering how Shinwonryu works I think

Woow, very critical detail. I started to wonder that but now is not the time. Post-revolution V had "freedom" feeling and wings acc. to Traumerei, so maybe his was like Soul Gear - Limit Break (another Feng Shen Ji ref. yes :) ), but probably different than how Redan works or not like an internal thing.

...

or maybe like dying and entering your son's corpse and keeping it alive for 25 nights.
I think it'll depend on what what V's Position. I'd like to think he was Fisherman or Scout because he had a sword or needle IIRC. It would also make him more different from Baam.

Zahard uses it internally and he is a Fisherman. At least at its basic level. Traumerei uses it externally.

Eduan is a Fisherman-Spear Bearer and top 3 in melee. Seeing how his descendants have Redan I think he is more likely to use it internally.
 

arrowofsky

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,534
Reaction score
3,662
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
I think it'll depend on what what V's Position. I'd like to think he was Fisherman or Scout because he had a sword or needle IIRC. It would also make him more different from Baam.

Zahard uses it internally and he is a Fisherman. At least at its basic level. Traumerei uses it externally.

Eduan is a Fisherman-Spear Bearer and top 3 in melee. Seeing how his descendants have Redan I think he is more likely to use it internally.
V as a scout makes much sense as he casually found the rice pot by himself, for instance. On the other hand, right after he hijacked Baam, Urek's has a statemend about someone might take advantage of Gus-Traum's fight with a fisherman analogy, and Vaam claimed directly with that. I don't really know if 'fisherman' was a strong idiom in Korean, but it may also go both ways and makes V a fisherman.
I have no idea if V has a weapon, and from his attacks, if he is not fighting bare hands, he feels more like a wave controller.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
V as a scout makes much sense as he casually found the rice pot by himself, for instance. On the other hand, right after he hijacked Baam, Urek's has a statemend about someone might take advantage of Gus-Traum's fight with a fisherman analogy, and Vaam claimed directly with that. I don't really know if 'fisherman' was a strong idiom in Korean, but it may also go both ways and makes V a fisherman.
I have no idea if V has a weapon, and from his attacks, if he is not fighting bare hands, he feels more like a wave controller.
I doubt he is a Wave Controller because we already have Blossom and Gustang, with Blossom in particular as ace WC. V appeared with a sword or needle in a flashback. Data Eduan even mentioned that Blossom was their best WC, but V had superior tension.

I think he is Fisherman/Scout-WC hybrid with Fisherman/Scout as his main position. Karaka is a Scout-Fisherman-WC hybrid with Scout as main position IIRC.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,289
Reaction score
24,922
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
V as a rival to zahard makes sense as a fisherman/angler. But with his talents focus on other areas. With zahard excelling at the physical aspect while v has an edge on the shinsoo side. Maybe them even mirroring each other.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
Scout-WC is what I find more likely because we already have too many Fishermen in the team.
 

maverickframe_19

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2024
Messages
1,825
Reaction score
3,716
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
India
V as a rival to zahard makes sense as a fisherman/angler. But with his talents focus on other areas. With zahard excelling at the physical aspect while v has an edge on the shinsoo side. Maybe them even mirroring each other.
I believe that in a fight, only wave controllers can compete with fishermen because they can fight at both long and close range. So I would comfortably say V is a wave controller. Also, since Baam is a WC, it makes sense for V to be one as well. They use shinshoo in a similar manner.

Debating FH's position is pointless because they excel at all positions. V is the type of player who has above-average base stats for all positions but 5-star skills in the WC and Fisherman positions. That is how I see it.

If you want to imagine a fight between V and Zahard? Look no further than the sample that SIU prepared for us with Baam and Data Zahard.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Scout-WC is what I find more likely because we already have too many Fishermen in the team.
The more I read TOG, the more I believe positions have no bearing on how the story progresses. Aside from passing team-oriented tests.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,289
Reaction score
24,922
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I believe that in a fight, only wave controllers can compete with fishermen because they can fight at both long and close range. So I would comfortably say V is a wave controller. Also, since Baam is a WC, it makes sense for V to be one as well. They use shinshoo in a similar manner.

Debating FH's position is pointless because they excel at all positions. V is the type of player who has above-average base stats for all positions but 5-star skills in the WC and Fisherman positions. That is how I see it.

If you want to imagine a fight between V and Zahard? Look no further than the sample that SIU prepared for us with Baam and Data Zahard.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



The more I read TOG, the more I believe positions have no bearing on how the story progresses. Aside from passing team-oriented tests.
Speaking strictly about positions wave controllers are conventionally weak against Fishermen (anglers). Fishermen are the front line and have the capacity to eat attacks from multiple enemies. Their primary trait is basically being indestructible.

Positions are meant for combat against shineuh, when it comes to combat between people it's more of a reference of what they can do and their talents.
 

maverickframe_19

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2024
Messages
1,825
Reaction score
3,716
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
India
when it comes to combat between people it's more of a reference of what they can do and their talents.
True, which is why, when it comes to irregulars, I don't give it much of a thought. For instance,

Wave Controller—Immense Shinsu firepower/heals, but vulnerable up close without support. But this is not the case for fighters like V or Baam, who are masters of martial arts and use reverse flow control and the floral butterfly technique. I never thought Baam looked weak against Data zahard, but he's a WC, so he should be at a disadvantage in a 1v1 fight because that's a fisherman's bread and butter.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,289
Reaction score
24,922
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
True, which is why, when it comes to irregulars, I don't give it much of a thought. For instance,

Wave Controller—Immense Shinsu firepower/heals, but vulnerable up close without support. But this is not the case for fighters like V or Baam, who are masters of martial arts and use reverse flow control and the floral butterfly technique. I never thought Baam looked weak against Data zahard, but he's a WC, so he should be at a disadvantage in a 1v1 fight because that's a fisherman's bread and butter.
It's still relatively rare for bam to engage in close combat with fighters who are a real threat to him. Physical strength and stamina remain his weaknesses. Eventually it's likely bams body will catch up to his shinsoo control (not quite to the level of zahard though) . Bam didn't look weak against data zahard but every time zahard threw a punch bam was torpedoed across the field and coughed blood.
 

maverickframe_19

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2024
Messages
1,825
Reaction score
3,716
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
India
Bam didn't look weak against data zahard but every time zahard threw a punch bam was torpedoed across the field and coughed blood.
That was before he chose to use black shinshoo. This was not the case after that. Furthermore, Baam's body is catching up; during the Dumas fight, he was extremely physical with the floral butterfly and twin wings. Even though he was spinning around, we should give him grace; that was Dumas. But he hung on. Also, now that he has V on his side, I doubt anyone will spin him around.

And we've rarely seen him face off against a fisherman. Aside from Data Zahard, I don't believe he has ever fought one. You guys can jog my memory because I really don't remember.

I also believe Darta Zahard's use of Shinwonryuu internally gave him an advantage in physicality and tanking attacks, which I thought was cool; Baam should learn how to do it. That was an interesting way to use shinwonryu.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,289
Reaction score
24,922
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
That was before he chose to use black shinshoo. This was not the case after that. Furthermore, Baam's body is catching up; during the Dumas fight, he was extremely physical with the floral butterfly and twin wings. Even though he was spinning around, we should give him grace; that was Dumas. But he hung on. Also, now that he has V on his side, I doubt anyone will spin him around.

And we've rarely seen him face off against a fisherman. Aside from Data Zahard, I don't believe he has ever fought one. You guys can jog my memory because I really don't remember.

I also believe Darta Zahard's use of Shinwonryuu internally gave him an advantage in physicality and tanking attacks, which I thought was cool; Baam should learn how to do it. That was an interesting way to use shinwonryu.
Sure, but after that most of the fight was fight at mid range which is bams comfort zone.

Bam engaged with dumas at close range but at that point he basically gambled on dumas' psychology along with using the leviathan which has powerful defensive properties. Dumas could have killed bam but he was more interested in testing him.

Going a bit by memory... Elaine, kallavan and white are fishermen. So is vagran (or however that c rank canine is called).
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
Against really troublesome opponents, it is very clear that Baam is a Wave Controller first. His body will never be like Zahard, he makes up for it with Shinsoo Reinforcement. The Thorn also buffs his physical and Shinsoo stats.


Sure, but after that most of the fight was fight at mid range which is bams comfort zone.

Bam engaged with dumas at close range but at that point he basically gambled on dumas' psychology along with using the leviathan which has powerful defensive properties. Dumas could have killed bam but he was more interested in testing him.

Going a bit by memory... Elaine, kallavan and white are fishermen. So is vagran (or however that c rank canine is called).
Worth mentioning that Elaine is a Reel Specialist so she is a Fisherman who mainly fights at mid and long range. SIU mentioned that only Androssi and Anak had the aptitude to be Reel users among S1 characters.

Baam fought at close range against Dumas thanks to Leviathan Mimesis but Dumas is not a Fisherman, he is a Spear Bearer.
 
Last edited:

arrowofsky

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,534
Reaction score
3,662
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
List of GWs and Positions:
Definitive:

Zahard -> Fisherman
Arie Hon -> Fisherman
Koon Eduan -> Spear Bearer
PBD Gustang -> Wave Controller
Eurasia Blossom -> Wave Controller
LPB Traumerei -> Anima

2 Fisherman, 1 Spear bearer, 2 Wave Controller, 1 Anima up to now.

Ambiguous:

Yeon Yirang -> Fisherman and WC
Tu Perie Tperie -> Light Bearer (This must be true as otherwise we don't have any Light Bearer in this team)
Ari Han -> ?? (Ari Bright Sharon fight feels like a fisherman, but of course this is not enough)
Ha Yurin -> Fisherman and Scout (Only have one mention of her in flashback where Yirang and Eduan vehemently debates, and in that case Yurin felt like a Fisherman)
Arlene Grace -> Sorcerer (If getting along well with everyone also means white mage, maybe also Light Bearer)
V -> Scout, Fisherman, Wave Controller
Hendo Lok Bloodmadder -> Defender
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
List of GWs and Positions:
Definitive:

Zahard -> Fisherman
Arie Hon -> Fisherman
Koon Eduan -> Spear Bearer
PBD Gustang -> Wave Controller
Eurasia Blossom -> Wave Controller
LPB Traumerei -> Anima

2 Fisherman, 1 Spear bearer, 2 Wave Controller, 1 Anima up to now.

Ambiguous:

Yeon Yirang -> Fisherman and WC
Tu Perie Tperie -> Light Bearer (This must be true as otherwise we don't have any Light Bearer in this team)
Ari Han -> ?? (Ari Bright Sharon fight feels like a fisherman, but of course this is not enough)
Ha Yurin -> Fisherman and Scout (Only have one mention of her in flashback where Yirang and Eduan vehemently debates, and in that case Yurin felt like a Fisherman)
Arlene Grace -> Sorcerer (If getting along well with everyone also means white mage, maybe also Light Bearer)
V -> Scout, Fisherman, Wave Controller
Hendo Lok Bloodmadder -> Defender
Eduan is also a Fisherman. Yurin is Scout and Fisherman, the first to have discovered Shinsoo Reinforcement in the team too.

Ari are related to the Arie and have Needles as main weapons. He has to be a Fisherman as well.

Arlen is probably a Wave Controller too because I doubt she was using Sorcery at the very beginning. It's a special position too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Han might also be a Scout because the way Aron was moving without noise made Evankhell realize or notice that she was likely from the Ari.
 

Cinera

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
2,194
Reaction score
4,757
Age
28
Country
Nigeria
You see the question :)

As for me, also considering the statement that Eduan has an attack with a cooldown period (from the vigorous debate Yirang and Eduan had, and the lore of Gustang getting a scale an okbi), I predict something along these lines:

>Eduan produce a spear with tiny thunders emitted in many directions,
>He throws the spear far above
>The spear starts to rapidly revolves in all spherical angles, so quick that our 1/24 second perceptive power can't keep up and see a sphere forming
>This sphere is the Shinwonryu, it is composed of light blue thunders, normally not a sphere but we perceive it as so.
>It generates instantaneous thunderbolts in any direction it sees fit to eliminate Eduan's targets.


Of course, imagine the sticking out parts as spear shape, i could not prompt it out from perchance.
A much, much, much, bigger version of this:
 
Top