Mag Talk Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: JUMP SQ 2007 #12 & Postcard Book Scans

Gosh...the postcards really look good!!! I like the dgm & hello baby pic.
Any idea which other series will be in the other 2 sets?
Yup! The whole list of 36 postcards are:

Vol.001 (SQ #12, on sale 4 Nov)
Watsuki - Embalming
Obata - Hello Baby
Yagi - CLAYMORE
Kamio - Matsuri Special
Yamamoto - kure-nai
Masuda - Gag manga Biyori
Oda - One Piece
Murata - Eyeshield 21
Hoshino - D.Gray-man
Kanou - Mx0
Fukushima - Samurai Usagi
Usuta - Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar

Vol.002 (SQ 2008 #1, on sale 4 Dec)
Fujisaki - Shiki
Araki - Kishibe Rohan wa Ugokanai
Katakura - PAT-KEN
Kaidou - Tales of Innocence
Endou - TISTA
Fujiko(A) - Parman no Jounetsutekina Hibi
Kubo - BLEACH
Sorachi - Gintama
Yabuki - To LOVEru
Nishi - Muhyo to Roji
Matsui - Neuro
Eijiri - P2!

Vol.003 (SQ 2008 #2, on sale 4 Jan)
Asada - Tegami Bachi
Kazu - Luck Stealer
Ikeda - Rosario to Vampire
Kobayashi - Kaettekita ****** Kamen
Kinoshita - Dragonaut -The Resonance-
ufotable - Kiyoku Masashiku Utsukushiku
Kishimoto - NARUTO
Obata - DEATH NOTE
Amano - REBORN!
Kawashita - Hatsukoi Limited
Konomi - Tennis no Oujisama
Akimoto – KochiKame
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: JUMP SQ 2007 #12 & Postcard Book Scans

. . . thank you for adding spoiler to what I already know about Tales of Innocence . . . - -" (didn't really read anything else. Tales of Innocence and Embalming are the only two I'm interested in so far - -")

But those postcards LOOKS GREAT!! XD

Thank you, kirimi, for the info. ^_^"
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: JUMP SQ 2007 #12 & Postcard Book Scans

. . . thank you for adding spoiler to what I already know about Tales of Innocence . . . - -"
Sorry if you were spoiled by what I wrote. :( I thought the story of the game would be public knowledge already... Like from the game's official site.
 

BleuVII

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 12, 2007
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Yeah, I picked Jump Square up from my local 7-11 and leafed through all of it. Luck Stealer and Claymore look like the titles that are going to carry this magazine through. Embalming looks like a manga that's trying so hard to be cool that it stumbles over its own ego. It's about as cliche-ridden as anything I have seen in a long time.

So, Luck Stealer is the one I'm waiting for. I have been searching all over for a Edited Manga or RAW of the one-shot, but it looks like the only group that scanlated it doesn't have it on their site anymore. I would help with the scanning, but I just moved to Japan 3 weeks ago, and I haven't quite gotten to the store to pick one up yet.


Okay, so I just read through Tista, and let me add that to the list! I can't believe that Tista wasn't even in the advertisements! It was at least three times better than Embalming! Tista, plus Luck Stealer and Claymore, are going to keep this magazine afloat.
 
Last edited:

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: JUMP SQ 2007 #12 & Postcard Book Scans

Sorry if you were spoiled by what I wrote. :( I thought the story of the game would be public knowledge already... Like from the game's official site.
I know. I mean, it still add on to what I already know because none of the trailers, as well as the official site as far as I checked, tell me of anything in the beginning of the story except for the fact that Ruca is introvert, clever boy, a son of a merchant, who has some strange power and he one day meets with Iria and start his adventure because he got chased out of his house (for his power) That's as far as I know for the beginning; not even the name of the power and how he actually meets with Iria. I know that there is something about a dream because he did mentioned in the trailer that he has some reoccurring dreams, and that those dreams are related to his power, but didn't know what it is about. So . . . not really, as far as I know of the beginning.

PS. I emphasize on beginning just because instead of that, I got tons of spoilers on the later part of the game, including its ending through the trailer. Now, it makes a bit more sense. ^_^"
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Can somebody tell me what luck stealer is about?
 

BleuVII

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 12, 2007
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

From what I can tell, it's about a man who kills people by stealing their luck. It happens automatically when he touches people, so he has to wear gloves. He uses the power on criminals. One girl sees him at the scene of a criminal's death, and by pure happenstance runs into his daughter the next day. She has been hurt, so the daughter takes her home, and she meets Mr. Luck Stealer himself. He, despite being polite, is very protective of his daughter, and always worried that his presence has caused her to run out of luck.

This is what I got from reading the pictures. I really would love to see a Edited Manga of this, since it looks very intriguing. The art is also pretty good.
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: The official Jump Square thread

So, Luck Stealer is the one I'm waiting for. I have been searching all over for a Edited Manga or RAW of the one-shot, but it looks like the only group that scanlated it doesn't have it on their site anymore.
I found the Edited Manga of the one-shot from Jump the Revolution on #lurk. It's a good translation too, and much of the first chapter in SQ is repeated from that. Anyway, I uploaded it to mediafire here for your convenience. :amuse I think there's an earlier one-shot in 2005, but I can't find that. :s

This is what I got from reading the pictures. I really would love to see a Edited Manga of this, since it looks very intriguing. The art is also pretty good.
I have the translation done, so just waiting for the raw now. ^^

By the way, I wrote a summary of all the manga in the first issue of JSQ in this thread. You can also find scans to the postcard set there.
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Did anyone ever scan the Ginpachi sensei novel? I really really really want to read it seeing that i love Gintama, and therefore anything related to it. So if there is a scan can someone upload it for me? And if there isn't....can someone do it please? :)
 

BleuVII

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 12, 2007
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Kirimi, you are awesome. Thanks.
 

Ichiki

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
245
Reaction score
142
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: JUMP SQ 2007 #12 & Postcard Book Scans (may contain SPOILERS)

Invalid Quickkey. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team.

The quickkey you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.
Could you re-upload the set please? **
 

arashiXuzumaki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

ummmm...where would one get this magazine...like barnes and noble or somethin like that.
or is this just a Japanese release?!?!?!? i would really like to read alot of the manga in it
 

arashiXuzumaki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: JUMP SQ 2007 #12 & Postcard Book Scans (may contain SPOILERS)

this magazine looks awsome!!!!
where can i buy one!!!????
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: JUMP SQ 2007 #12 & Postcard Book Scans (may contain SPOILERS)

Could you re-upload the set please? **
Bleh. Looks like mediafire crapped the big one. Here's a mirror link. Let me know if you prefer another server.
 

Ichiki

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
245
Reaction score
142
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: JUMP SQ 2007 #12 & Postcard Book Scans (may contain SPOILERS)

Thanks a lot, that one was perfect ^^
 

fdbgdg

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
102
Reaction score
600
Gender
Hidden
Country
China
Last edited:

squirrellord

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
169
Reaction score
93
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

Luck Stealer looks really good! I'm translating it now (from the magazine, not scans). Which one-shot do you have? The one in Akamaru JUMP or Jump the Revolution? ^^ I ask because I'm looking for the one from the Akamaru JUMP 2005 Winter issue...

Shiki starts in issue 2 (on sale 4 Dec) so you haven't missed anything. ^_^
Ah, cool. Thanks Kirimi :D
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: JUMP SQ 2007 #12 & Postcard Book Scans (may contain SPOILERS)

Thanks for the summaries!:D I picked up the mag at my local Kino last week and was struggling through it.
I find it really interesting that both the shoujo series (Kiyoku and Matsuri) are sports manga... it's good for a girl AND a boy!:XD
 

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
544
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The official Jump Square thread

I won't be able to scan until next weekend. My main computer broke D:

I shall have Tales of Innocence, Kure-nai and Ginpachi by then if nobody has scanned them by next weekend.


BTW Kirimi, can you scan unfotable and Pat-ken please? :D

All that will be left to scan is Dragonaut and i'll try scanning that before the second issue arrives.
 
Last edited:

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The official Jump Square thread

That sucks, explosion liquid boi.

Did the magazine include a One Piece poster?

If it did, I'll have a reason to buy it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top