Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #45 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • Me & Roboco 299

  • Sakamoto Days 277

  • Witch Watch 264

  • Akane-banashi 224

  • Nue's Exorcist 163

  • Kagurabachi 133

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 110

  • Ichi the Witch 100

  • Shinobi Undercover 99

  • Someone Hertz 51

  • Under Doctor 34

  • Roku's House of Oddities 24

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 22

  • Animal Signal 16

  • Hal Formula 15

  • Cannon Master 14

  • The Ura Files 5

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 4


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

Exlipse

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2022
Messages
228
Reaction score
324
Country
United Nations
Saito is confusing, never thought there would be an EiC worse than Nakano, but he's proving me wrong. Atleast with Nakano, there was atleast 1 hit per year, and sometimes even a mega-hit, but with Saito there's nothing at all.
 

LogicoftheVI

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2025
Messages
245
Reaction score
189
Age
43
Country
US Virgin Islands
Drawn to the Fire - the first chapter was just okay, nothing special. I honestly feel that Embers had a stronger first chapter which gives me pause for this series making it past 19 to 21 chapters. There were multiple panels that were just trash especially the ones where the illustrator just left out the 2nd eyeball for no reason. I have low expectations for this series, we'll see if it can clear the bar.
 

Dippy Fresh

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2022
Messages
838
Reaction score
970
Age
26
Country
United States
Yeah I'm just tired of WSJ. Things I like are axed, things I don't care about staying. Kinato's early stuff at least felt much better than Under Doctor to me but obviously just a skew in my taste to JP tastes

I'm stepping aside, not reading enough here to follow closely and I don't care about Jumps future at this point so I'm gonna follow other magazines instead for now. I'll come back sometime prob but take care in the meantime guys 😁
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Saito is confusing, never thought there would be an EiC worse than Nakano, but he's proving me wrong. Atleast with Nakano, there was atleast 1 hit per year, and sometimes even a mega-hit, but with Saito there's nothing at all.
Y'know, I was a big Nak hater back in the day, but looking back I honestly think he was a pretty memorable EiC. So many great series under his belt.
Saito meanwhile... It's very hard to imagine I'll find much to praise about him in retrospect.
 

Jay_Senju

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2026
Messages
129
Reaction score
247
Age
23
Country
United States
Under Doctor having a chance to be the only survivor of it's batch is something I did not expect ngl.
 

Dongus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2023
Messages
1,491
Reaction score
4,808
Age
29
Country
Malaysia
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #21 (2026)
00. Class 2-B: Brave Destroyers (New Series by Hideaki Sorachi, Cover & Lead Color Pages)
01. One Piece
02. Ichi the Witch
03. Sakamoto Days
00. Drawn to the Fire (Color Page)
04. Witch Watch
05. Shinobi Undercover
00. Someone Hertz (Color Page)
00. Roku's House of Oddities (Not Ranked)
06. Akane-banashi
00. Blue Box (Color Page)
07. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi
08. Under Doctor
09. Kagurabachi
10. Nue's Exorcist
11. Hima-Ten!
12. Me & Roboco
13. Kinato's Magic
14. Alien Headbutt

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #21-22 (2026) - Information!
Sakamoto Days (Lead Color Pages)
Class 2-B: Brave Destroyers (Color Page)
Hima-Ten! (Color Page)
One Shot (Color Page)
Gonna have to start my Under Doctor slander at this rate, huh? It's certainly not at a level to be ranking over Kagurabachi or Nue's Exorcist. What does Kiada like to say? Sanitized shonen bias or something?
 

Broseph

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Messages
937
Reaction score
1,521
Age
31
Country
United States
Yeah I'm just tired of WSJ. Things I like are axed, things I don't care about staying. Kinato's early stuff at least felt much better than Under Doctor to me but obviously just a skew in my taste to JP tastes

I'm stepping aside, not reading enough here to follow closely and I don't care about Jumps future at this point so I'm gonna follow other magazines instead for now. I'll come back sometime prob but take care in the meantime guys 😁
I’ve been like this for a while tbh. I still follow the ToC because the Jump rise and falls are very fun to follow but recent years are probably the least I’ve personally been attached to Jump. There’s only a handful I read right now compared to 6 years ago when I think I was ready most of the magazine
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah I'm just tired of WSJ. Things I like are axed, things I don't care about staying. Kinato's early stuff at least felt much better than Under Doctor to me but obviously just a skew in my taste to JP tastes

I'm stepping aside, not reading enough here to follow closely and I don't care about Jumps future at this point so I'm gonna follow other magazines instead for now. I'll come back sometime prob but take care in the meantime guys 😁



But yeah, it sucks seeing a new series like Kinato in that placement, so much potential, we talk too much about Saito but it's the japanese readers that are simply not liking anything, i don't know what's the deal with them recently, since Syd Craft seems like they don't like anything, so many decent series with potential just canceled, and the new round is already showing cracks, Roku had pretty abysmal J+ views, Drawn to the Flame is already showing mixed reception, it's complicated...
 
Last edited:

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
695
Reaction score
967
Age
33
Country
Brazil
If Under Doctor can be in the bottom 3 last week and rise outside the bottom in this week, i will still keep the hope for Kinato! 🙏
I won't count it. The second half of Kinato is where people started finding issues with the series.
- Kaminagi being straight
- FGO ripoff
- Story curveball and Deku ripoff
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I won't count it. The second half of Kinato is where people started finding issues with the series.
- Kaminagi being straight
- FGO ripoff
- Story curveball and Deku ripoff
And people already found issues with Under Doctor by chapter 3, and the manga doing fine, so that could work with the opposite :cheez

 

himarizz

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 9, 2025
Messages
61
Reaction score
396
Age
31
Country
Indonesia
I'm happy that Himaten is finally getting a color page, but I wonder if it will survive until the 2nd anniversary. I hope so.

====

By the way, is Under Doctor mangaka sick or something? I remember he said that he fell sick before the serialization started. But then last week he also said that he'd want to recover. I noticed that he hasn't drawn double spread actions except this scene in chapter 1.



I want to like Under Doctor, but the action is kinda underwhelming... The art looks clean, but the action is so sterile and unmemorable. I wonder if he's pacing himself because he doesn't feel well.
 

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
695
Reaction score
967
Age
33
Country
Brazil
It's just so weird to me because Kinato just felt like a hit. Good humor, positive online reception, creative solutions to problems using the main character's unique ability, good art...usually when a new series comes on you can kind of read their fate at the start especially with Shinkui's hard work at monitoring the JP forums and so the Kinato seeming miss was pretty shocking (really the whole batch, but I expected UD and Headbutt to flounder),
I completely disagree about it being a sure hit series. Kinato's Magic has a major character design problem where every character looks EXTREMELY GENERIC.
Last chapter is full proof of that sentiments where Kinato introduced probably the LAMEST set of Character Designs to the Gotei 13 equivalent of the series. I knew this manga was over after looking at that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And people already found issues with Under Doctor by chapter 3, and the manga doing fine, so that could work with the opposite :cheez

There's been more positive reception to UD since the mute kid join the group. I dont think it will survive long but it does enough to consider keeping this over AH and Kinato.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I'm happy that Himaten is finally getting a color page, but I wonder if it will survive until the 2nd anniversary. I hope so.

====

By the way, is Under Doctor mangaka sick or something? I remember he said that he fell sick before the serialization started. But then last week he also said that he'd want to recover. I noticed that he hasn't drawn double spread actions except this scene in chapter 1.



I want to like Under Doctor, but the action is kinda underwhelming... The art looks clean, but the action is so sterile and unmemorable. I wonder if he's pacing himself because he doesn't feel well.
It's less noticeable than Kaedegami but Tanimoto is not good at drawing fight scenes. If you look up his oneshots, he deliberately avoids drawing them.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I'm very curious how long this current kgb arc is going to be. At first, i thought it was going to be as short as the kakashi gaiden arc but with the way the story is going, it might just be a 40 chapter arc or so. It's surprising but welcoming.
 
Last edited:

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,405
Reaction score
818
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
What are they doing LMAO? I think with AH, UD and Kinato they are playing games, with ups and down... till something finishes (like Sakamoto, Blue box etc...)
Or at least, I hope... Anyway, I expected AH to fall but not also Kinato, the series is SOOO good. I don't know...
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
A new One Shot Festival will start on Shonen Jump from Issue #22-23 to #27 with 5 one shots:

#22/23: Tensai Harai Gakusha Raro Papuru no Hatsukoi by Yuta Kato
#24: Shangai Ryujin by Takahata Yuu
#25: Blood Marriage by Mori Tomohiro
#26: New Year Day no Kaibutsu by Miya Ayumu
#27: Tamura-ka Hyaku Monogatari by Amakaya Yumihiko




So there you have JK Hero space being filled, i guess HxH will maybe return on #28 or we will for real get a 20 chapters batch this time lol
 

kiyoshibro

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2025
Messages
209
Reaction score
240
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
We already know that the new manga by the mangaka of gintama is starting on issue 21 so it will get the covver.
I made a mistake on writing the numbers, sorry... but yeah
22/23: Sakamoto
24: Kagurabachi
etc...

- - -

Btw...

Happy to see Under Doctor above top10 again, i already know that chapter 5 votes was a lil flops (last ToC) because the "un-voicing" of Shuli wasn't so much appreciated overall (on how Tanimoto and his supervisor explain it)

So... this ToC and next one i'm sure that it will be a good results
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,032
Reaction score
2,457
Age
35
Country
Avatar
But yeah, it sucks seeing a new series like Kinato in that placement, so much potential, we talk too much about Saito but it's the japanese readers that are simply not liking anything, i don't know what's the deal with them recently, since Syd Craft seems like they don't like anything, so many decent series with potential just canceled, and the new arc is already showing cracks, Roku had pretty abysmal J+ views, Drawn to the Flame is already showing mixed reception, it's complicated...
Can you give some more details about the mindset about what’s going on in Japan from their social media (not individual accounts, just more the overall consensus if anything is affecting them)? Also what has been each series response from Syd Craft to now, in terms of what people in Japan said critically?
 

FantasticFootno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Messages
1,101
Reaction score
902
Country
United States
A new One Shot Festival will start on Shonen Jump from Issue #22-23 to #27 with 5 one shots:

#22/23: Tensai Harai Gakusha Raro Papuru no Hatsukoi by Yuta Kato
#24: Shangai Ryujin by Takahata Yuu
#25: Blood Marriage by Mori Tomohiro
#26: New Year Day no Kaibutsu by Miya Ayumu
#27: Tamura-ka Hyaku Monogatari by Amakaya Yumihiko




So there you have JK Hero space being filled, i guess HxH will maybe return on #28 or we will for real get a 20 chapters batch this time lol
i doubt it returns in June unfortunately. If they did plan on it returning so soon, then they would’ve included it in the press
 

Broseph

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Messages
937
Reaction score
1,521
Age
31
Country
United States
I think social media can give you a certain idea but in the end those sites all have their own bias as well. They are never going to be an accurate reflection of the general audience reading Jump
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Can you give some more details about the mindset about what’s going on in Japan from their social media (not individual accounts, just more the overall consensus if anything is affecting them)? Also what has been each series response from Syd Craft to now, in terms of what people in Japan said critically?
There's nothing particular going on online, the magazine readers that are just not liking anything, sometimes even the online reception is very disconnected with the actual magazine readers reaction like with Ping Pong Peril.

From what i remember the jp conversation was:

-Syd Craft: There was nothing particularly negative that i remember, in fact many actually liked, it was just not at WNL level
-Embers: Boring, the coach was the most interesting character and disappeared from after ch1
-Star of Beethoven: I don't remember exactly what was the criticism going on, most of what i remember that was talked/joked is how the main girl breasts were gigantic and kept growing lol
-Nice Prison: Simply terrible and unfunny
-Otr of the Flame: Cliche but decent first chapter, what killed it was Kawaguchi yet again with the slow pace in the first 10 chapter, mc going right into a training arc after letting the village.
-Harukaze Mound: Too normal which made it boring
-Kaedegami: Generic and bad action scenes, also Chiyo fanservice being heavily reduced after ch1
-Ekiden Bros: Terrible, readers couldn't stand the constant MC open mouth panels
-Ping Pong Peril: It was overall enjoyed and etc, what everybody already knows but there was criticism even among the fans towards the art that according to them was bad and outdated
-Gonron Egg: Terrible
-The Mage Next Door: Just boring
-Hero Girl & Demon Lord: It was fine but not suitable for Jump, felt more like a Shonen Champion series, and there was also some criticism towards the art.
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,032
Reaction score
2,457
Age
35
Country
Avatar
I think social media can give you a certain idea but in the end those sites all have their own bias as well. They are never going to be an accurate reflection of the general audience reading Jump
I mean yeah, I figured, but it was the thought that counts. I agree that it can be problematic when certain sites are biased, but you need to get in touch with people at ground zero in certain locations to get a better understanding of the situation and the people.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

There's nothing particular going on online, the magazine readers that are just not liking anything, sometimes even the online reception is very disconnected with the actual magazine readers reaction like with Ping Pong Peril.

From what i remember the jp conversation was:

-Syd Craft: There was nothing particularly negative that i remember, in fact many actually liked, it was just not at WNL level
-Embers: Boring, the coach was the most interesting character and disappeared from after ch1
-Star of Beethoven: I don't remember exactly what was the criticism going on, most of what i remember that was talked/joked is how the main girl breasts were gigantic and kept growing lol
-Nice Prison: Simply terrible and unfunny
-Otr of the Flame: Cliche but decent first chapter, what killed it was Kawaguchi yet again with the slow pace in the first 10 chapter, mc going right into a training arc after letting the village.
-Harukaze Mound: Too normal which made it boring
-Kaedegami: Generic and bad action scenes, also Chiyo fanservice being heavily reduced after ch1
-Ekiden Bros: Terrible, readers couldn't stand the constant MC open mouth panels
-Ping Pong Peril: It was overall enjoyed and etc, what everybody already knows but there was criticism even among the fans towards the art that according to them was bad and outdated
-Gonron Egg: Terrible
-The Mage Next Door: Just boring
-Hero Girl & Demon Lord: It was fine but not suitable for Jump, felt more like a Shonen Champion series, and there was also some criticism towards the art.
Thank you. Helps me out a lot, but really HG&DL for Champion? I cannot imagine that. Maybe Sunday or Jump+ but I can never imagine Champion.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

To be fair, I would have agreed to a lot of these criticisms for some of the series, but there are diamonds in the rough that I would vouch for to get a second chance cause I did see something in them.
 
Top