Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #45 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • Me & Roboco 299

  • Sakamoto Days 277

  • Witch Watch 264

  • Akane-banashi 224

  • Nue's Exorcist 163

  • Kagurabachi 133

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 110

  • Ichi the Witch 100

  • Shinobi Undercover 99

  • Someone Hertz 51

  • Under Doctor 34

  • Roku's House of Oddities 24

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 22

  • Animal Signal 16

  • Hal Formula 15

  • Cannon Master 14

  • The Ura Files 5

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 4


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,576
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,030
Reaction score
2,456
Age
35
Country
Avatar
Alright, time for my final years, but first, an honorable mention. Aso of Sakki K I want to see return, and Horikoshi and Akutami are not. It’s too soon for them to return. Okay now for 2024.

2024 was a great year for new stories and talent, but there are a couple of artists I don’t think should return to Weekly Jump for different reasons. Shun Numa is one that I want to see return indefinitely. If his anime is a hit, it will show that he needs to return for comedy sake. Rin Matsui on the other hand is one that I don’t. My biggest problem with Rin is that his works are not very Jump like and belong in a Senin demographic than a Shonen one. But worst of all is their writing. They need a solid writer to utilize their talent in drawing. The only time I can recall that there was a story they did that felt belonged in Jump was their one-shot, Black Milk. Sure there are some massive flaws, but at least that one had some personality that made it fun. Other than that, I don’t really want them to return. Ken Wakui is someone who is a very interesting case, but after seeing their time in Jump, I am leaning not wanting him to return. Omusuke Kobayashi is someone I can see returning due to the amount of one-shots released after Psych House and how I am a fan of his style. Although a part of me wonders if he is more of a Sunday artist than a Jump one. And Kōki Ishikawa I believe he is not ready. After doing two GFC’s and practically a decade before he began his first series, so why should I push for him to return.

2025 was also a year of new debuts, however not all of them are ready. Kei Kurumazaki and Sōtarō Nishii are a debate. The latter is talented at drawing, the former has a lot of work to do on their writing. Morihiro Hayashi has potential, and I want to see a translation of their recent one-shot. Despite their flaws, I want to see them return. Tatsuya Suganuma are more content to do 4 panel manga, so they are not high up until they work on their comedy chops. Jun Harukawa I want to see return again. Daiki Nono has a lot of work to do. Yoshiharu Kataoka is another I would like to see again but they need more refinement on their art skills. Shuhei Tanizaki is someone I don’t want to see return after how bad Gonron Egg was, and that it took a decade for their debut. It also showed how much the weekly serialization took a toll as the human designs looked unfinished (plus more that we already talked about). Hideaki Nabe proved to me that there are flaws with how they have crafted their world building as the foundation isn’t strong enough, but I did like their character writing. I’m 50/50 on their return, want them to return in another 5 years. And finally, Matsuri Hatsubina is someone I would love to see return. There was a lot of potential but there were mistakes and it was facing other series that were doing better that matched what HG&DL did. So I support them or her, and want to see what other ideas she has.

That’s all of the artists and will get to my 10 later tonight.
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,012
Reaction score
1,655
Age
36
Country
Australia
This happens when the characters are the one being held accountable for every flaws that actually originates from the author's own weak storytelling and direction.

Let's forever continue mocking megumi for being a terrible deuteragonist instead of the author outright fucking him over, am i right? Just can't have him stand out over his own golden favourite, yuta and maki.
TRUTH NUKE

Thank you for stating the facts
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

To this day, I still have no idea why so many people believe "a proper funeral scene" is something that objectively needs to exist in a story when an important character dies.
Reducing it to just "funeral scene" is completely reductive.i am not Gojo fans, but it is really not hard to understand why people were (are) baffled that there is a complete lack of emotional payoff from Gojo's students over his death. It is really about gege's lack of emotional payoff which happens many many times in the manga.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Jujutsu Kaisen struggles with dealing with death of named characters in general.

Just loook at the post-battle epilogue chapters, that's the time you'd think would be about dealing with the fallout of the crisis like the destruction of Tokyo, the death of many including Megumi and even Gojo, but what does it do instead? Make excuses for things he forgot about during the Sukuna gauntlet.
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,012
Reaction score
1,655
Age
36
Country
Australia
Ay I said it was about Todo. Just made sense to me since he’s the one old school dude we know is still alive but didn’t appear. Megumi is was confirmed dead by Nobara in the last chapter so I didn’t think it was him
From the start i knew gg won't gaf about Megumi. I never have my hopes up and always thought it would be either todo or Iori.

BUT

What gege did was extremely bonkers.

It is NOT hard to believe that gege would at least show his former deuterogonist at least in FLASHBACK. And it can even be narratively important, as it relates to Yuji's despair. Especially when he gave mamy unncessary spotlights to significantly less important characters like Ui Ui and Panda. Or even at least a tiny sketch and note in the omake.

The way gg erases Megumi was completely bonkers. It is like if Boruto completely erases Sasuke. This is NOT normal. And no, don't give the usual shit of "modulo is not about OG cast", when the bulk of Modulo latter part was about OG cast. The epilogue did not even add anything to the story at all. It was just pure fanservice to todo's fans. And todo did not even has any major roles in modulo. Megumi on the other hand, is the uncle of the two Modulo MC, Megumi is the only family that Maki has left. He was Zenin clan head and his CT was a big major plot point in modulo. His complete erasure is just absolutely bonkers. Especially when gege gave so much for other less important characters. Basically Megumi fans and non Megumi fans have the very right to feel very mad and find this objectively weird / bad story decision. The "Modulo is not about OG cast and Megumi is not important" argument basically fall apart if you think about it objectively without the meme/slander goggles on.

And people defending gege and criticizing the backslash are not looking at things objectively.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Jujutsu Kaisen struggles with dealing with death of named characters in general.

Just loook at the post-battle epilogue chapters, that's the time you'd think would be about dealing with the fallout of the crisis like the destruction of Tokyo, the death of many including Megumi and even Gojo, but what does it do instead? Make excuses for things he forgot about during the Sukuna gauntlet.
Gege has the bad tendency on focusing the wrong thing. The way he chooses to spend several panels on Amai (the sugar guy) in the penultimate chapter is a big example. Who gaf. And not to mention he suddenly bring Miguel and Larue. There was a reason those were heavily memed. Crazy huh giving spotlight to minor side character from jjk0 instead of the literal deuterogonist who has BIG narrative stake vs sukuna
 
Last edited:

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
loook at the post-battle epilogue chapters, that's the time you'd think would be about dealing with the fallout of the crisis like the destruction of Tokyo, the death of many including Megumi and even Gojo, but what does it do instead
Uh, what about that ...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

TRUTH NUKE

Thank you for stating the facts
Facts?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

And not to mention he suddenly bring Miguel and Larue. There was a reason those were heavily memed. Crazy huh giving spotlight to minor side character from jjk0 instead of the literal deuterogonist who has BIG narrative stake vs sukuna
Oh yeah


The meme....

Seriously?
 

Dongus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2023
Messages
1,491
Reaction score
4,808
Age
29
Country
Malaysia
Megumi got plenty of of screentime and relevance in Modulo. He took up half the screentime in the latter half, all of it dedicated to fighting. Y'know, the big guy, Dabura. They were fighting and stuff.

Oh, you mean the thing that summons the most important character in all of Jujutsu Kaisen, Mahoraga? Now why would anyone care about that? Ten Shadows, more like One Shadow because the only shikigami that matters in the skillet is based Mahoraga. When Gege approached Yuji to draw for him, what made Yuji agree to do it? Why of course, the chance to draw our hero Mahoraga. Man Mahoraga is so cool. I hope he comes back for JJK3.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
But can't we talk about Modulo in the dedicated thread?

The discussion is getting boring
 

Dongus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2023
Messages
1,491
Reaction score
4,808
Age
29
Country
Malaysia
But can't we talk about Modulo in the dedicated thread?

The discussion is getting boring
For once I agree with you.

I just do a little trolling because it's tiring. JJK fans treat characters like pro-wrestlers. "They should put the title on Megumi!" "Megumi's storyline should have more screentime!" It's all white noise to me. But since I could barely care, no need to do anything else but fan the flames. I'm not the one who's upset here.
 

shillin65

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2024
Messages
189
Reaction score
490
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For once I agree with you.

I just do a little trolling because it's tiring. JJK fans treat characters like pro-wrestlers. "They should put the title on Megumi!" "Megumi's storyline should have more screentime!" It's all white noise to me. But since I could barely care, no need to do anything else but fan the flames. I'm not the one who's upset here.
I've never thought about it like that before but the pro wrestler to shonen character analogy makes so much sense holy shit
 

FantasticFootno

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
901
Country
United States
I've never thought about it like that before but the pro wrestler to shonen character analogy makes so much sense holy shit
I mean the main thing people say nowadays is that people treat series like sports teams, and that sorta talk is just a logical extension of that.
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,012
Reaction score
1,655
Age
36
Country
Australia
It is not even about sports stans or whatnot. It is about objectively baffling narrative choices. And the arguments against it are immediately destroyed the moment UiUi and Panda is brought up lmao. This is completely different from sport stans tribalism argument like Gojo vs Sukuna battle or "who is GOATer" argument that happens between yuta vs yuji camp.

And btw, I need to remind people that "mute" button exist as I already done to some people here
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Jujutsu Kaisen struggles with dealing with death of named characters in general.

Just loook at the post-battle epilogue chapters, that's the time you'd think would be about dealing with the fallout of the crisis like the destruction of Tokyo, the death of many including Megumi and even Gojo, but what does it do instead? Make excuses for things he forgot about during the Sukuna gauntlet.
I agree with you. Just a correction about Megumi. I think you mean the fallout of his possessions.

Don't forget yuki's death btw. Not even her student acknowledge her death lol

Not to mention modulo basically backtracks on things thematically. Uiui doing shady shit 68 years in future (and none of the cast do anything about it), clans still being conservative dickhead even under yuta's watch. It just made the main cast a bunch of hypocrites.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
But I ask, does it cost that much to use the dedicated topics?
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,030
Reaction score
2,456
Age
35
Country
Avatar
Alright, here are my 10 artists I want to see return soon. Now keep in mind, I will number them but it will serve as not a rank nor any order whether serialization debut, age, or veteran status. It is to remind myself of the 10 I have answered.

1) Shuichi Aso (The Disastrous Life of Sakki K)-I really need his humor, and the time is right for his return.

2) Kentaro Hidano (Ziga, Super Smartphone)-After getting some work and doing well with that Kaiju no.8 spinoff, his return is a must.

3) Natsuki Hokami (Hell Warden Higuma)-He did a Demon Slayer spinoff and a recent one-shot for the Future Project last year, with that amount of improvement, I want him to come back and succeed.

4) Minya Hiraga (Neru: Way of the Martial Artist)-I can see them returning, but I need to read their most recent one-shot. I like their art, but the writing is a different story.

5) Tadaichi Nakama (Tokyo Demon Bride Story)-After the praise from what I heard of their recent one-shot, I am backing this one due to a friend.

6) Daisuke Enoshima (Fabricant 100)-My most guilty pleasure author I really want back. Even though he hasn’t done a one-shot after the series was cancelled, I still have trust in him, but he needs more refinement in some areas of his writing and planning.

7) Shun Numa (Samon the Summoner, Super Psychic Policeman Chojo)-With the anime on the way, might be worth it for a comeback to engage with the new fandom.

8) Omusuke Kobayashi (Psych House)-With the recent one-shot, they are determined to return to Jump.

9) Yoshihiko Hayashi (MamaYuyu)-Not the highest on the list for me, but is possible if they really want to return.

10) Kento Terasaka (Beast Children, Green Green Greens)-I really really want to see them return. However my concern is if it’s too soon or he needs time to bake any new ideas.

Those are my personal 10. But for some, there are those I have no faith in, but others I do see potential. Even if some I am skeptical, I at least see where the fandom comes from. I may not be a fan of those few, but if there are any waves in that space regarding social media posts and one-shot releases, might as well be prepared.
 

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
691
Reaction score
962
Age
33
Country
Brazil
Don't think Hero Destroyerz is going to last long. The Jump plus comments on ch 2 is mostly about how outdated the jokes are.

Maybe vol 1 will still do well enough to survive for awhile.
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,012
Reaction score
1,655
Age
36
Country
Australia
I think Terasaka's work has a lot of heart and will be nice to see him back.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Don't think Hero Destroyerz is going to last long. The Jump plus comments on ch 2 is mostly about how outdated the jokes are.

Maybe vol 1 will still do well enough to survive for awhile.
How's the JP reception? It is all that matters
 

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
691
Reaction score
962
Age
33
Country
Brazil
I think Terasaka's work has a lot of heart and will be nice to see him back.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



How's the JP reception? It is all that matters
That's the jp reception. I was talking about japanese jump plus comments.
 

Chamo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2024
Messages
185
Reaction score
658
Age
25
Country
France
Shoseki 27 April:

403. Kagurabachi #10
492. Kagurabachi #1

Shoseki 28 April:

228. Kagurabachi #10
251. Kagurabachi #1
326. Kagurabachi #8
340. Kagurabachi #9
355. Kagurabachi #2
394. Kagurabachi #3
431. Kagurabachi #7
485. Kagurabachi #6

Kagurabachi is getting a small boost following its anime announcement. Hopefully, it’ll grow even more with the release of volume 11.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I only expect criticism from those who will cry if it doesn't sell a million copies per volume.
 

cameronney618

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2025
Messages
691
Reaction score
962
Age
33
Country
Brazil
What was ruri's boost for the announcement?
 

BelTL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
1,469
Country
Gotei 13
I just came back after getting lost in multiple timelines so I kinda lost my sense of date. Will there be ToC this week or will it be next week?
 
Top