Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #45 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • Me & Roboco 299

  • Sakamoto Days 277

  • Witch Watch 264

  • Akane-banashi 224

  • Nue's Exorcist 163

  • Kagurabachi 133

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 110

  • Ichi the Witch 100

  • Shinobi Undercover 99

  • Someone Hertz 51

  • Under Doctor 34

  • Roku's House of Oddities 24

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 22

  • Animal Signal 16

  • Hal Formula 15

  • Cannon Master 14

  • The Ura Files 5

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 4


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,474
Reaction score
39,407
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,474
Reaction score
39,407
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #45 (2026)
00. Ichi the Witch (Cover & Lead Color Pages, 2nd Anniversary)
01. Akane-banashi
02. Sakamoto Days
00. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi (Color Page)
03. Someone Hertz
04. Me & Roboco
05. Shinobi Undercover
06. Roku's House of Oddities
00. Dog Eat Dog World (One Shot by Tanakura Jou, Color Page, Golden Future Cup 2026 #2)
00. Graykeith: Translator Daemonica (Not Ranked)
07. Under Doctor
00. The Ura Files (Not Ranked)
08. Witch Watch
00. Animal Signal (Color Page)
09. Nue's Exorcist
10. Class 2B Hero Destroyerz
11. Kagurabachi
12. Hal Formula
13. Cannon Master
00. One Piece (Absent)

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #46 (2026) - Information
Shinobi Undercover (Cover & Lead Color Pages, 2nd Anniversary)
Under Doctor (Color Page)
Someone Hertz (Color Page)
Banchoism (One Shot by Sai Koroko, Color Page, Golden Future Cup 2026 #3)
 
Last edited:

Bulju

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2023
Messages
611
Reaction score
1,385
Age
29
Country
Argentina
This year really is the year of the veteran. I mean I think by the next batch we might get the official return of Neru: Way of the Martial Arts’s author back, as it was talked that he was producing something new. The reason for the might here is because the process of debuting new series is long so it could be in fall or it could be at the beginning of next year.
As someone who follows him on fanbox, I don't think he'll come back this year. He's said getting a new serialization deal is still his goal but he still posts regularly, unlike someone like Terasaka who stopped streaming and went almost silent these past few months, as you'd expect from someone working on manuscripts and such. As far as I know he's still doing assistant work on the side as well.
Personally I don't know if he'd want to return to WSJ specifically. He seems interested in tackling themes that wouldn't be a great fit for the magazine. Bone Doctor didn't really have any typical shonen elements and the ones in Nahual felt pretty forced to me compared to the worldbuilding and setting, and based on his fanbox posts it seems like he wants to keep going in that direction. When he talks about landing a new serialization he doesn't specify a magazine, so maybe he's gunning for something else right now, who knows. If he wants to make another shonen manga I personally think his talents would be better suited for something like SQ than WSJ at the very least, his art is gorgeous when he gets more than a week to work on it.
 

Shonenfan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2011
Messages
432
Reaction score
261
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Any vets anyone is hoping or has marginal proof is returning? I’d like to see Mamayuyu, ginka gluuna, fabricant 100, and shimabukuro return. Didn’t people say dear anemones author may return?

in terms of one shot vets I’d like to canvas terra start, but I wondering if cannon master is going to be too similar
 

Satuuuuuuurn

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2023
Messages
50
Reaction score
77
Age
22
Country
United States
My pipe dream wish would be seeing Shun Numa and/or Toshiaki Iwashiro come back in the fall batch this year to go alongside the Chojo and Psyren anime airing, probably not but I’m sure we’ll see Numa again at some point
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,217
Country
United Nations
1. KGB: I'm a bit confused here. Did that whole mission happen while he was sitting in a cell and eating rice balls?

2. Shinobi: Damn. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this. Also did he just pull a Deku

3. Kiyoshi: She's right about the cape though. That looked like a Dragon Ball finale, until it wasn't. I wonder if this one is going to stick around (he probably will).

4. Drawn: That might have been the best chapter so far. Really sucked me in.

5. Roku: Dump that science club, these guys are your new family.

UD: Cute again. I wonder if we'll be going back to longer stories now that everyone's had a turn.

OP: Another one? Yeah, we're not leaving this island before 2028.

WW: Been a while since I saw four people trying to out-crazy one another.

Nue: The world almost got nuked, better start that training arc.

Ichi: Good use of his powers, I suppose, but he really is an outdoor dog. Destroys everything if you keep him inside for too long.

Alien: Sure, why not, we didn't have a walking volcano yet. Their banter is rather cliche, but I don't dislike it.
 

Lord Anubis

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2025
Messages
455
Reaction score
593
Age
23
Country
United States
Any vets anyone is hoping or has marginal proof is returning? I’d like to see Mamayuyu, ginka gluuna, fabricant 100, and shimabukuro return. Didn’t people say dear anemones author may return?

in terms of one shot vets I’d like to canvas terra start, but I wondering if cannon master is going to be too similar
I do not want to see Shimabukuro return, he already had enough time in the spotlight and did something very unspeakable in the past.

Would still love to see Hayashi, Watanabe & Enoshima return though...
 

BelTL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
1,544
Reaction score
1,469
Country
Gotei 13
Any vets anyone is hoping
If I say it, 3/4 of this thread will gang up on me
It's not like he will return in near future anyway
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,007
Reaction score
1,643
Age
36
Country
Australia
If I say it, 3/4 of this thread will gang up on me
It's not like he will return in near future anyway
Is it the author of:

Gonron egg

Nice prison

Our blood oath

Whatever the west hates
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I do not want to see Shimabukuro return, he already had enough time in the spotlight and did something very unspeakable in the past.

Would still love to see Hayashi, Watanabe & Enoshima return though...
I feel conflicted on Shima. It's hard to find proof of any of these claims, but I have heard arguments that he wasn't aware of the escorts age.
At the very least it's not like Watsuki with his massive collection of evil.

Still though, I feel Shima would best be moved to Jump+ for future serializations. Especially now that Jump is a lot more global than it once was.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Is it the author of:

Gonron egg

Nice prison

Our blood oath

Whatever the west hates
I genuinely loved Nice Prison and can't wait for Suganuma's return. I genuinely feel much of the hatetrain against him was the result of bandwagoning.

Also really would love to see Kawada, Ikezawa, Yabuki, Miura (Tadahiro), Komoto, Furudate, Hayashi (Morihiro), Harukawa, & Hatsubina return.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

In regards to Jump+ mangaka I'd love to see the following (not including currently serialized mangaka) get a chance in WSJ; Takano, Iori, Momose, Moriya, Ashima, Matsumoto (but with something more like Pochikuro than Kaiju #8), Mabuchi/Ando, Mononobu, Soda, and Kunimoto,
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Also Jump needs to poach Ohtaka so she can have the honor alongside Nakaba of working in Jump alongside Sunday and Magazine.
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,027
Reaction score
2,453
Age
34
Country
Avatar
I feel conflicted on Shima. It's hard to find proof of any of these claims, but I have heard arguments that he wasn't aware of the escorts age.
At the very least it's not like Watsuki with his massive collection of evil.

Still though, I feel Shima would best be moved to Jump+ for future serializations. Especially now that Jump is a lot more global than it once was.
I’m still against Shima returning, it’s to controversial in it of itself. Also, I think Shima is a product of his time. Sure he can write heartfelt moments when he can, however there are some things that he still writes that are classic, but there is the issue of how I can’t see him evolve with the current times.


I genuinely loved Nice Prison and can't wait for Suganuma's return. I genuinely feel much of the hatetrain against him was the result of bandwagoning.

Also really would love to see Kawada, Ikezawa, Yabuki, Miura (Tadahiro), Komoto, Furudate, Hayashi (Morihiro), Harukawa, & Hatsubina return.
I agree, I do believe the hate for Nice Prison was overblown. I don’t think its terrible, I do believe it was an absurdist gag series, but felt strained compared to ones that were much better like Bobobo.

For failed artists I want to see return, Enoshima, Kobayashi, Hayashi (Star of Beethoven), Harukawa, Kataoka, and Hatsubina. For vets, Numa, Tozuka, and Gondaira.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,474
Reaction score
39,407
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The way i see some commenting about Tsutsui (not necessarily here) you would think the guy is some terrible writer or something, weird thing...
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,332
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I liked WNL and I think it's ending(s) is one of the best a harem manga has ever had, but Syd Craft definitely had some writing issues.

Mainly it seemed too afraid to be serious despite covering serious subjects, resulting in the whole manga coming across as an excuse to draw girls in detective cosplay.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I always got the vibe Syd Craft would've felt more comfortable being serious if it wasn't for the ratings being in constant flux. I think as a result he just shifted back into his WNL routine hoping it would save the series, yet instead only compounded the issues.
Shame, cause the series had so much potential.
 

Nuesmoker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
1,477
Reaction score
3,364
Age
27
Country
Italy
Issue 26 2026 (pretty good week!):

1. Nue's Exorcist: Yeah it was obvious that Kasha would live past this fight, it's incredible that there even was any doubt lol. The way that Kasha is consuming Kurikara is METAL AS FUCK. It also makes Halls Of Purgatory (fantastic name for the Hollow Weapon, by the way) feel SO much more ominous. As I said for the beginning of the arc, it followes the legends of both the Kasha Yokai, a corpse stealer, and Kurikara, a buddhist transforming into a sword. And as we follow the Kurikara legend (at least a version of it) there will be a fight for control between the two Hyo... And Kurikara will come out on top in the end, crushing Kasha's ambitions. And since we are speaking of Kurikara so much- the fact that Kasha can do all of this, nuking the whole celestial tower in one swoop, a tower reaching above the clouds, probably close to the stratosphere, incapacitating the strongest exorcist in existence, while also fighting the likely SECOND strongest at the same time, living through it all and only being injured because of Gakuro's ability to grow on the spot... With just a PART of Kurikara's power, around half or even less I'd say, is just insane. Even moreso than Kasha, it's Kurikara that seems so goddamn terrifying after this battle. Squad 6 will have to face him at full power eventually, won't they? That thought is SCARY.
Nue and Tomonaki jumping in is so hype, but their combined attacks being BLOCKED by Raisei alone just speaks to the levels of power he has achieved. There is are OVERWHELMING odds against the heroes now, more than ever before, and this is why it is so exciting to have a BIG training session incoming for everyone, just as it was foreshadowed at the start of the arc. Gekka is out of commission for the fight, but not as a mentor, keeping up a core theme for the series that I don't think I've mentioned much if at all- mentorship. Gakuro is, once again, BEGGING to become stronger. He now has to become the absolute strongest exorcist in existence, and all for the sake of the human lives destroyed for a millenia by Kasha. He is there to avenge them, which adds much more complexity to his feelings towards this conflict than you'd initially think. He continues being a phenomenal main character, just as Gekka continues being the coolest of them all, noe looking at the future just as Gakuro begged her to. She is so awesome and she is my wife and yall back OFF!!
Something that the same media literacy god in the Nue discord server pointed out that I wanted to share, is that this battle is like a repetition of the finale of the Ritual Blade Arc, but with different twists: instead of Kasha showing up to let Raisei escape, now it is the opposite, and both Kasha and Gekka, the strongest fighters of each side, are now out of commission, at least for a time. Only this time Gakuro isn't forced to escape while Nue protects everyone, he is in the position to become the messiah and hero he has always wanted to be, to become strong enough to be the protector instead of the shielded.
And this is why it is now even MORE terrifying to think about the "My first and only Summer Festival" moment... What could POSSIBLY make Gakuro fail after he becomes the strongest, after he becomes what he has always wanted to be? Gashadokuro? Raisei? Yagyo? A newborn Level 6??? Even the HYO feel defeatable now, so how have we NOT reached the tragic breaking point yet?!
Either way, big training incoming, and more romcom shenanigans alongside it I bet! Will definitely be a nice refresher after the nonstop action of the past 15 chapters, and the chance for Squad 6 the reach their greatest potential yet!! 13/10, Kota keeps cooking...

2. Kagurabachi: Cannot wait for Akemura's ascension to power only for him to be shown killing hundreds of thousands of innocents instead of the heads of the Mikaboshi. It will be the ultimate whiplash that we KNOW is coming, the series is doing far too much to show the Mikaboshi being villainous to not hit us with that shift at the end. How would Kunishige resent his own creations otherwise?

3. Roku's House Of Oddities: Really cute stuff, and Johan keeps becoming more interesting as a figure and outright mentor for Roku. I have compared this series to Yozakura before, and I really do think he is in the same position as Kyoichiro was in regards to Taiyo (toned down of course lol). In general, the relationships between Akari and the curses has been so sweet and familiar that I can't help but love it. I also just like how they keep discovering the wonders of the modern world like this. Let that decent first ToC rank actually mean something, pretty please!

4. Someone Hertz: This is why I wanted a bigger regular cast alongside Mimei and Kurage: a push in the romance aspect, a new rival for Mimei and Mimei alone, and various ways to view Mon Mid and such hobbies. This whole arc is definitely here to make Owl In The Woods more of his own comedian rather than being in Eel Potato's shadow, an ACTUAL rival rather than a support. This I like.

5. Under Doctor: My only complain for this chapter is that it felt too fast, definitely could have used a few extra pages, but otherwise a solid standalone stoey once again, focusing on the medical side of the series. I dread for the moment we go back to boring ass action again, but for now, I will enjoy myself

6. Kinato's Magic: Despite the low rank, I think this chapter was fine, bit of much needed worldbuilding regarding the Majo, I especially like their combat like dance, that is a genuinely interesting piece of culture in my opinion. Plus, I like tiddies, so I can't hate this chapter too much to begin with.

7. Class 2B Hero Destroyerz: The burying gag was actually quite funny, very Gintama like, and I appreciate having a bigger cast now, girl is cute to booth! A fine chapter all around, and honestly I am glad they got rid of Kumon's mechanic, for the most part at least. That got old real damn quick.

8. Drawn To The Fire: I find it interesting thathe relationship between Ioda and Yamashiro roughly mirrors Akane and Keiki's, a prodigy seeing the fire in their shorter and seemingly less talented companion, it's just that Akane saw it immediately. All's good and well there, but honestly Kuchikura/Keiki need a good kick in the ass, they've been having it way too good, especially with how strong Murakumo was hyped up to be, with or without their starters. I genuinely hope the ending was a red herring and they DON'T win this.

9. Ichi The Witch: Yeah, no, I don't like the Magikeepers concept, or at least how it got introduced. And I especially do not like one of the allegedly strongest major witches being done in like this.

10. Alien Headbutt: More like, Alien Axebutt! Cause it got cancelled. Ripperoni.
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,027
Reaction score
2,453
Age
34
Country
Avatar
The way i see some commenting about Tsutsui (not necessarily here) you would think the guy is some terrible writer or something, weird thing...
I was having this discussion with a friend of mine and he said that Syd Craft was the worst thing Tsutsui has written. I do think that it’s not good just because Tsutsui didn’t deliver on his promises when doing it’s subject matter, I think he needs to evolve beyond his romcom harem shenanigans like he did with We Never Learn, because even though he is a good mangaka, it means nothing if they can’t evolve to showcase more of their own writing capabilities when tackling different themes and genres. They can keep their core staples of what makes the artist them, but it has to feel natural, weaknesses on the other hand is something that they need to work on overtime to overcome them.

In my opinion, I think Tsutsui is a capable writer when he goes into characters going deep and sharing their thoughts and feelings about their insecurities. That was why I loved the Furahashi storyline because of her. Probably my favorite part of her story was the discourse between her and her father over her career choices, and how she was not like her mother to be capable to make it in the world of science. Her time with Naryuki showed that and the revelation about her mom made it come full circle and made that the best part of the story to make me love it, only to go back to romcom shenanigans again with her father questioning their relationship. I know that he can write likable characters and fun themes, the problem is his flexibility to not get caught up in doing romcom shenanigans in every self contained chapter. Why else was I complaining about how Tsutsui should have done more story arcs than self contained chapters. Don’t get me wrong, I think having self contained chapters isn’t bad, the problem is the amount. Since there are 3 girls in this series, I think having 3-4 episodic chapters is enough, but having, 4-5 chapter arcs would have been appropriate so solve cases like a proper mystery detective story, but that is my opinion. So overall, I don’t think Tsutsui is a terrible writer, but he needs to work on more of his writing muscles and explore those other genres and not go into his default mode as much with his romcom comedy antics.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I liked WNL and I think it's ending(s) is one of the best a harem manga has ever had, but Syd Craft definitely had some writing issues.

Mainly it seemed too afraid to be serious despite covering serious subjects, resulting in the whole manga coming across as an excuse to draw girls in detective cosplay.
I can agree on that with We Never Learn. Even though it was a slog when the endings were being written weekly, they were good, and the final chapter was I think perfect as I think it was the perfect embodiment of the series overall (despite no one being picked). But I think you might be right that maybe Tsutsui did hold back because of how dark he could have gotten but didn’t because he might have been afraid. This is one case (sorry, this ironically feels like a pun in the making), that the more I talk about and want to explore, the more interesting it becomes. I know I can’t bring up YouTubers or podcasters, but I want to see a full on dissection of this series. Something like an Axe File from TrentinArt, but we did get one from Shonen Flop. I need to hear that again cause there was something they said from their research about Tsutsui’s history outside of his work in manga.
 

Kiaida

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2021
Messages
1,447
Reaction score
3,500
Country
United Nations
I don't see anything wrong with Syd being lighter like that. A ton of japanese mystery series go for a similar mood, like Ace Attorney. You have serious murder cases, but the characters are still making jokes, smiling, it's not sad, etc. At specific moments it can be sad or serious, but in general it's light, Syd went for that.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,474
Reaction score
39,407
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Tsutsui have my respect for doing the ending routes in We Never Learn, it was something really bold to do in a magazine like Shonen Jump and surprisingly not even in other mags like Shonen Magazine is something that usually happens which i wish it would happen a lot more since all fanbases end up happy instead of getting only 1 ending that very likely will turn out to be mediocre at best, of course i'm not saying every series should get, i feel like with Hima-Ten for example, it wouldn't work, but i think with a series like WNL it worked perfectly well, with series like Yuuna-san or To Love-ru harem ending is the best, Nue too btw... :whistle
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,332
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I've always wondered if WNL would've ended the same way in another era. Its ending happened in 2020 where at one point they were down to only 7 series more than a year old, Yozakura joined the top 10 oldest series well before its first anniversary.

WSJ at that point desperately needed some series to stick around, and Tsutsui sticking around a whole 9 months extra by giving endings to all the main girls let them fill out the roster just that little bit more until they could get a stable new crop lasting. Would they have let him do that if they weren't so empty of hits and needed it?
 

DrLazer

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2023
Messages
245
Reaction score
418
Age
19
Country
France
Finally finished last week chapters!

My ranking of Issue #26 2026:

1st - Nue's Exorcist #146
2nd - Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi #93
3rd - Roku's House of Oddities #7
4th - Hima-Ten! #91
5th - Kagurabachi #122
6th - Someone Hertz #34
7th - Under Doctor #17
8th - Class 2-B Hero Destroyerz #5
9th - Ichi the Witch #83
10th - Shinobi Undercover #82
11th - Alien Headbutt #15
12th - Kinato's Magic #16
13th - Drawn to the Fire #6

Great issue again! Roku is awesome, I hope it will live. Hyped to read next chapters in less than one hour lol
 

Shonenfan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2011
Messages
432
Reaction score
261
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Tsutsui have my respect for doing the ending routes in We Never Learn, it was something really bold to do in a magazine like Shonen Jump and surprisingly not even in other mags like Shonen Magazine is something that usually happens which i wish it would happen a lot more since all fanbases end up happy instead of getting only 1 ending that very likely will turn out to be mediocre at best, of course i'm not saying every series should get, i feel like with Hima-Ten for example, it wouldn't work, but i think with a series like WNL it worked perfectly well, with series like Yuuna-san or To Love-ru harem ending is the best, Nue too btw... :whistle
Oh interesting about Nue. I feel like the goal though is to have Gakuro eventually make a decision; maybe they do an elusive samurai ending lol or maybe it just ends as a cliffhanger. Frankly I don’t even know who I’d have him choose to be with… maybe Suo?
————
I actually thought Syd Kraft was well written from a mystery angle. I just don’t think tsutsui is a great serious level author or maybe his art just does not let a reader really feel that deep drama.
 
Top