Discussion Manga Club - Collective Reading- #08 -End

Vote for one manga

  • Jinrou Game

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • The Perks of Being a Villainess

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Versus

    Votes: 3 30.0%

  • Total voters
    10
  • Poll closed .

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,096
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Welcome to MH Manga club #8







​






What is the Manga Club?


This is a place for collective manga reading, where we occasionally select series to read and discuss together. The main goal is to introduce hidden gems, series that we think, deserve more love but aren’t widely known. If you love discovering and sharing underrated manga, this is the place for you !



How does It Work ?


  • Anyone can join ! Just comment here, and you’ll be added. You don’t have to suggest a series to participate, If you wish, you can simply read and discuss with the group.
  • Suggestions can include manhwa, manhua, completed series, ongoing ones, and one-shots.
  • Each cycle follows four phases: suggestion hase , voting phase, reading phase , and sharing/discussing phase (see details below).
  • Try to avoid suggesting manga that already have active discussion threads. Ideally it's better to avoid already widely discussed manga, though if one is suggested,i’ll decide whether to include it or ask for a different pick. Because some threads are created, but have close to no discussion,
  • ⚠We read at least the first volume. You can read further, but if discussing past the first volume, use spoiler tags until the third week of the reading phase.
  • Encourage discussion ! When suggesting a manga, you can share a short message about why you picked it. This helps others decide during the voting phase !







Rotation Schedule
Each round follows a 4 weeks cycle.





Calendar (might adjust according to you or to my schedule)

  • 1st Week: Suggesting August 1- August 10th​
  • Members suggest one to two series each. If your pick wasn’t selected last month, you can either re-suggest it or choose a new one.​
  • 2nd Week: Selecting - August 10th- August 17th
    A poll with all suggested series will be posted. Short descriptions will be pinned to help with selection.​
  • 3rd - 4th Weeks: Reading & Sharing August 17 th - September 1st
    Members have the rest of the month to read at their own pace and share thoughts. Spoiler tags are required until the third week ends.​










Thanks in advance for your participation !!




Choujun! Choujou-senpai
Chronicles of a Doomed Prodigy
Got Dropped into a Ghost Story
Hand Jumper
Hirayasumi
Jinrou Game
Jinrui wo Metsubou sasete wa I
Kusuriya no Hitorigoto
Murazukuri Game no NPC ga Nama
Myst, Might, Mayhem
Nickelodeon
The Knight Only Lives Today

Sensou Kyoushitsu Demonic Sect
The Perks of Being a Villainess

Tongari Boushi no Atelier
Versus
Yankee-kun to Hakujou Gir (Loves in sight)
Yotsuba to!




Players List

Arrow
Asako
Copan
Demonspeed
DigitalDude
Erin
Here'there

Jammin
Juviii
Sanity

Sirsamuel
Shinobi
Tasumaki
Teubier
Valx Lucifer



 
Last edited:

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,657
Gender
Female
Country
China
i realise i never left my review for the previous work but so far 2 for 2 in terms of reading innit
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,096
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall

Ok my 1st nomination would be :

Hirayasumi

really a beautiful manga That I highly recommended !!

Living in Asagaya, 29-year-old Hiroto Ikuta spends his days working at his part-time job and chatting with the locals. He likes visiting Hanae Wada most, a grumpy yet kind elderly woman whom Hiroto calls "Granny." Hiroto's time with Granny is sadly cut short when she passes away from a heart attack. To his surprise, Hiroto inherits Granny's house as she never married or had children.

Three months later, 18-year-old Natsumi Kobayashi moves from her hometown to attend art school. With nowhere else to go, she stays with her cousin Hiroto, whom she has not seen in years. Despite their opposing personalities, the pair begin living under the same roof as they struggle through their seemingly mundane lives. by MAl







I hesitated for 2nd, but going for
Yotsuba to!

Yotsubato is a sweet, funny, heartwarming manga. Yotsuba is the most precious little girl, yshe probably was the the inspiration the character of anya forger, if you like her then you will loove yotsuba even more !



 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,697
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Only two eh? :hmm My picks might be too mainstream but I do need to get around to reading that stuff too hmmmmmm
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,096
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
what are the manga /manhwa you want to read ?


Tagging some people that might be interested


@Aurelius @Arjuna @arrowofsky @Brandish μ
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Copy Panda @Demonspeed

@Farfalla @Faust
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Asako @Gryffindor @GrySun @HereNThere @Hermit
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@kira @Jammin @Juviii @Lady pompom @Marmalade
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Nii @Organizized @Rikudou King @Riku @Teubier
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,697
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
what are the manga /manhwa you want to read ?


Tagging some people that might be interested


@Aurelius @Arjuna @arrowofsky @Brandish μ
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Copy Panda @Demonspeed

@Farfalla @Faust
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Asako @Gryffindor @GrySun @HereNThere @Hermit
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@kira @Jammin @Juviii @Lady pompom @Marmalade
Ah I dm'd you on discord about it 🥴 You just tell me if thats acceptable there and if not I'll think of something else aye
 

arrowofsky

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,538
Reaction score
3,686
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
I recently started Neon Genesis Evangelion and Chainsaw Man (I especially loved some scenes/dialogs that felt deep/badass there). I can vote for something similar or even more with both action and depth.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,850
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm deep in Webtoon land at the moment. There are a few of those that I think are really good that probably aren't the best well known outside of webtoon reader circles. So here are some for your consideration.

This first one is more of a drama/borderline horror series.


Hand Jumper



My Elevator Pitch:
It's kind of a dark character driven drama about people with superpowers but the main sort of hook is that the protagonist is this girl who is trying very hard to be normal but really REALLY isn't. Is she the pragmatist in a dark world she believes she is or the psychopath that she fears she is?


The second is a more of action adventure type deal.


The Knight Only Lives Today (aka. The Eternally Regressing Knight)



My Elevator Pitch:
If you've ever seen the movie Edge of Tomorrow, or I guess the light novel it's based on All You Need Is Kill, this is a low fantasy version of that. If you haven't then essentially you've got a underdog character with very little talent determined to be a knight who is trapped in a time loop. Where every time he dies he starts the day again. What makes it stand out among a lot of regression series is that is that it makes the main character earn everything. He will die so many times to achieve every little bit of gain he gets. It's very action-y but it's very entertaining and doesn't fall into a lot of the power fantasy pitfalls you get with regression type stories.
 
Last edited:

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,568
Country
Dragonstone
I'll think of some suggestions. And I'll join the reading anyway ~
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,096
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I recently started Neon Genesis Evangelion and Chainsaw Man (I especially loved some scenes/dialogs that felt deep/badass there). I can vote for something similar or even more with both action and depth.
I really won't be too strict regarding nominations, but Chainsaw man is really uber popular, if you really want that nomination I will keep it no problem , but ideally if you can pick some series that need more love, in any case you can pick 2 entries so np for me.

regarding Evangelion, its a manga round, but I might redo after an animes watching round if players want to.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The Knight Only Lives Today (aka. The Eternally Regressing Knight)
isnt it that series that @Teubier keep mentioning ?
 

arrowofsky

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,538
Reaction score
3,686
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
I really won't be too strict regarding nominations, but Chainsaw man is really uber popular, if you really want that nomination I will keep it no problem , but ideally if you can pick some series that need more love, in any case you can pick 2 entries so np for me.

regarding Evangelion, its a manga round, but I might redo after an animes watching round if players want to.
Naah, I am not nominating them yet Erin :) i may just try discovering something like them if there are other suggestions. Btw, I am on manga version of Evangelion.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,850
Reaction score
23,520
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
isnt it that series that @Teubier keep mentioning ?
I haven't been around much recently so maybe? Their both pretty well known series for webtoon readers. Just not quite at that level where somebody who mainly reads manga would have encountered.
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,055
Gender
Female
Country
France

Teubier

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2011
Messages
666
Reaction score
2,444
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
France
isnt it that series that @Teubier keep mentioning ?
:nod Yes it is. Very happy to see it mentioned. Many thanks @Jammin :hi

Since it’s here already, I will suggest the other manwha/webtoon that has been a very good surprise and pleasant read for me. I won’t give any description for it, it is important not to be spoiled. Just know that it is very well drawn. That the Main Character is incredibly charismatic. And from the start, it is very tasty.

Myst, Might, Mayhem

 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,697
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
My picks are also mainstream-ish but this would be a good reason to finally read what I own so I nominate Witch Hat Atelier, and the Apocathery diaries one
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Unsure if I have much in the suggestion category but I might be interested. Maybe less interested in a webtoon but never say never, perhaps.
 
Top