I mean by all means correct me if I've missed something but don't fail to show me/tell me what I've missed which leaves me to find a needle in a haystack
Agreed, she's just there for the most part. She'd be my fourth candidate behind Jinx, dego, and James
My thoughts are "that wow a day end in a time friendly to our timezone". But I'm still likely gonna be outside in the last hour making checking a bit difficult.
Atm got no reason to swap off James, not gonna go wojak
My thoughts are "that wow a day end in a time friendly to our timezone". But I'm still likely gonna be outside in the last hour making checking a bit difficult.
Atm got no reason to swap off James, not gonna go wojak
Is there anyone in the above lynch we would like to have a second vote on? My dilemma is that I would love to vote demon or shinobi but I don’t want to spread votes out more by voting Shino. And Shinobi voted for demon ao that gives me pause to vote him. I don’t get a good read on the others.
I don't think I'll get very far with my deductions if I'm only worrying about what people have trait-wise so I'm not going to lean too heavily on that in making calls on my vote today, but there are a few things I'd like to just write here as I work through my thoughts so here we go:
Firstly, just on the trait comp, while a couple of the outlier comps worry me (Jinx with 4 passives, AP with 5 passives, and Nash with 3), it wouldn't surprise me if there are scum amongst the 2-trait people (who are myself, wojak, James, AAAAAAman, arrow, Marm, semendemon, shinose, and josh). Traits alone won't tell us much but I think its worth noting that Wojak's hint is a bit subjective in comparison to others while Juviii arriving late to claim 1a1p has the potential to be her mirroring what she might have observed to be a trend.
Now, to follow up, general things of note from this dayphase so far are:
1. Grames (Gry v James).
Kicked off with Gry giving James a 2nd vote (1st was a nothingburger first post vote from dd), James got on the defensive immediately. Or should I say offensive? He certainly kicked off with Gry and made a post that started off reading okay only to get sloppier as it went on. This did make me think a bit poorer of James because of how poorly it was written, but defending himself solely through criticism of Gry rather than asking for specifics on Gry's qualms with him, or offering further explanation tells me that he got flustered because he was top voted at that stage. Is James potentially non-town? Yes. Is this enough to lynch him for? No, even if it is day 1.
Conclusion: Gry reads better than James in his initial post and then follow-up to James' post. I think this is probably a case of one townie voting for another townie who then proceeded to shit himself out of shock.
2. Nani the fork (Jinx)
Next up on my list of talking points is the returning Jinx. If there was a mafia game dictionary then she'd be in the definition for things like "chaos agent", "unpredictable", and a variety of other things. In a way, this is the same Jinx of old that is back amongst us. In a way that's reassuring, but in a way it also spikes my anxiety because she's capable of anything so I am naturally concerned especially when she's super chirpy because that can usually spell trouble. She's discussed things a bit which has been all well and good, but some of her interactions are where I feel like she's insincere. Case in point, the newbie glaze. A lot of that was unwarranted imo and just looked like her trying to butter people up, or curry favour if you will. New players are going to be more impressionable so it might be deliberate. The other thing to note is her not voting yet. This isn't a red flag in of itself, but when she ties it to waiting on others which she has done, it reads to me like she'd rather follow and then pin the blame if a lynch goes wrong. Also concerning is her talking about why considering other people (or spreading the vote as she put it) when there are multiple top-voted; to me, it feels like a narrow way of thinking when we should be discussing our options to determine the best choice.
3. The newbies (Arrow and dego)
I'm a bit mixed on these two so far. Arrow can't count to 2 but their engagement has been good in discussing things and talking earnestly, while dego seems to be trying to not step on any toes and not do too much so they don't stick out. I think Arrow is fine right now, but dego not so much, and new or not I wouldn't be against voting for them if it came down to it because there's not a lot there that reads as strong or as convincing as I'd like. Could be first time jitters but they might be scum and thus extra jittery. So I'll be watching them.
4. Other points of interest
- Semondemon is claiming they are support oriented which I don't mind at all. It's clear that they've got direction and of the trait talk I think its one of the better bits of detail that has been shared as it isn't as subjective as others.
- Marm reads well so far which is a change. Might mean she's red because I usually misread Marm, but I'll let that one ride for now because there's other things that are more concerning. Erin isn't playing this game so I lack a push target if I ever want to push someone for shits and giggles, but I'd rather not revert to Marm because shelving a whole chocolate orange when she's as tall as that Mexican micro wrestler KeMonito is impressive work. "That's an incredible feat" - @Brandish μ, probably.
- Shino feels a bit of a non-factor even though she's been here and talking which is a bit odd. I'd think she might make a bit more of a colourful impression either way but she's very... beige.
- AP hasn't done much. The trait claim is way different than anything else which sets him apart- maybe a good thing? What I don't like is how easily he trusted James, or dickrode Nash's vote on Wojak which in itself felt like it was based on very little at all.
- Wojak is okay to me; I'd like him to be a bit clearer about his traits because the way he's valuing them in his talk is rather subjective so something a bit more substantial would be good.
- Nash is Nash. I read Nash as town atm but they certainly can go either way. It might be a coincidence but her avi is the only one to have others in the back which makes me wonder if that's connected to her traits at all. If I'm seeing things then I need an eye test.
- Not much to say about Josh (Juviii). Some of the talk is okay but she's also just treading water imo. She didn't answer the chocolate question either so that's -10000 social credit.
- dd is here but not doing much. All I can say is that's dd regardless of alignment.
With all of that said, before I go to a vote, let's do a trust totem...
Leaning town: Marm the chocolate orange shelver Gry the kitkat chunky shelver Arrow the man who can't count to 2 demon of the semen, probably plays support in overwatch but lets his teammates die
Mid (idk): Nash dd
Wojak
AP
Josh
Shinose James
Leaning scum: dego
Jinx
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Fuck that took a while with interruptions
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Because I'm thinking things through instead of just going WAHAHEY THIS CUNT IS TOP A THA VOTES, LETS GIV 'IM ANOTHA ONE THEN
--- Double Post Merged, ---
You talk too much And you could say the info again for clarity's sake
Alright as for this big post, I agree on your thoughts on the James vs Gry situation mostly. I'm not sure if it's townie versus townie though, and James does have a habit of magically getting away no matter how suspicious he's acting. I feel like this power grows stronger as the game progresses somehow. If I don't vote for him now, he'll definitely get it the moment he says something strange tomorrow.
As for your Jinx thoughts, I'm not sure if she's deliberately buttering people up, even if I don't agree with her takes here. That's the part that's holding me back on her, I get the impression she might genuinely think that. I do agree we must be careful because she can absolutely pull things off like that and I'm willing to go for her if the situation develops that way. I think something that's also holding me back is that it feels a bit mean to lynch immediately after her hiatus, but perhaps that's something I should disregard here.
I agree on the new player-chaos possible being strange, but I think we have to keep in mind that that's what they are: New to the game, a complicated mechanic while figuring out how things work and are way less familiar with us than we are with each other. And that's exactly why I think it's okay to let them be for today, we can revisit this tomorrow and see if things change.
I think in regard to your trust totem, with the exception of Dego I think I agree with you there (I'd put both him and arrow in mid yellow-ish for now).
Is there anyone in the above lynch we would like to have a second vote on? My dilemma is that I would love to vote demon or shinobi but I don’t want to spread votes out more by voting Shino. And Shinobi voted for demon ao that gives me pause to vote him. I don’t get a good read on the others.
Is there anyone in the above lynch we would like to have a second vote on? My dilemma is that I would love to vote demon or shinobi but I don’t want to spread votes out more by voting Shino. And Shinobi voted for demon ao that gives me pause to vote him. I don’t get a good read on the others.
Alright as for this big post, I agree on your thoughts on the James vs Gry situation mostly. I'm not sure if it's townie versus townie though, and James does have a habit of magically getting away no matter how suspicious he's acting. I feel like this power grows stronger as the game progresses somehow. If I don't vote for him now, he'll definitely get it the moment he says something strange tomorrow.
As for your Jinx thoughts, I'm not sure if she's deliberately buttering people up, even if I don't agree with her takes here. That's the part that's holding me back on her, I get the impression she might genuinely think that. I do agree we must be careful because she can absolutely pull things off like that and I'm willing to go for her if the situation develops that way. I think something that's also holding me back is that it feels a bit mean to lynch immediately after her hiatus, but perhaps that's something I should disregard here.
I agree on the new player-chaos possible being strange, but I think we have to keep in mind that that's what they are: New to the game, a complicated mechanic while figuring out how things work and are way less familiar with us than we are with each other. And that's exactly why I think it's okay to let them be for today, we can revisit this tomorrow and see if things change.
I think in regard to your trust totem, with the exception of Dego I think I agree with you there (I'd put both him and arrow in mid yellow-ish for now).
I didn’t love his reason to vote plus I might be looking too deeply into the support character hint. He has irl stuff going on tho. I definitely feel maybe so pressure is needed.
Well I was saying I was waiting on Sam and Marma to vote and then this Sam character was no help with voting me and adding yet another person to the above board and marma hasn’t vote. I probably jinxed me myself because marma might wait til last 10 mins or something to vote lol
I'm leaning towards James right now considering I don't want to spread out the votes too much at this moment in the game. I don't mind switching if needed to other players though. I'll trying to find myself breakfast and be around for the remainder of this phase