Games Mafia Game 144 - Pan the Diver - Day 4

@40m - How far will you dive? (top 2 answers win)

  • Ascend 20m

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ascend 30m

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ascend 40m

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dive 40m

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    3
  • This poll will close: .

Natasha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 11, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
586
Age
26
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Nah det is not concerned with actives/passives.
And Prosti blocks whoever they suspect and assume it worked. Are you saying you blocked me while thinking I'm spy or det? you're supposed to try blocking a kill, not someone you think is a detective/spy producing results lol. Coz this sounds like escort.
Which leaves spy.
Sure. Lets go with that. I see no reason to correct you while I distrust you.
Will you answer this bratty Spy, please?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Nah det is not concerned with actives/passives.
And Prosti blocks whoever they suspect and assume it worked. Are you saying you blocked me while thinking I'm spy or det? you're supposed to try blocking a kill, not someone you think is a detective/spy producing results lol. Coz this sounds like escort.
Which leaves spy.
How about answering the question instead of trying to work out her role? Det could wonder if he targeted a vanilla and potentially got screwed by miller or so, or a mafia boss. As for Prosti, mafia doesnt necessarily know they were blocked if they didnt do an action that has a result, so depending on your claim he could catch you with a "no you didnt get a result, you were blocked".
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
Sure. Lets go with that. I see no reason to correct you while I distrust you.
Will you answer this bratty Spy, please?
It's precisely because I distrust you that I'm not answering you!
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I cant speak for Nash, but I am trying to engage everyone in good faith so I'd welcome it be reciprocated.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Will need to sleep, maybe if I get woken up early by loud noises I can check phone but I wouldnt count on it.

I'd vote either Pom, shino after that refusal to share, Val for similar reasons or Snehal for big doubts about his roles
 

Natasha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 11, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
586
Age
26
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
It's precisely because I distrust you that I'm not answering you!
So you value the life of our late investigative DD so much your whole game plan has been revolved around you sussing me over how I treated him.

And now you won't co-operated with a Spy/Det/Prost claim which you believe is a Spy claim.

I'm not even asking for your role here. I'm asking for a level of info basically every other person has disclosed.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
How about answering the question instead of trying to work out her role? Det could wonder if he targeted a vanilla and potentially got screwed by miller or so, or a mafia boss. As for Prosti, mafia doesnt necessarily know they were blocked if they didnt do an action that has a result, so depending on your claim he could catch you with a "no you didnt get a result, you were blocked".
She can play her role, she already claimed one of 3 roles, why not finish the job? state what she did clearly. I'm not going to make it easier for her.
You trusting her to "catch me" with a lie is interesting tho.
 

Vali x lucifer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2021
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
5,678
Age
28
Country
Italy
We don't. But we now can hold them to it. When claiming APPA pattern, when they eventually claim all their roles on day 4 or so, their claim has to match up with the APPA pattern. It specifically is meant to box in mafias into having to claim according to what they were forced to hint early. While you are keeping all avenues open for yourself to claim any combo of roles depending on convenience, with no paper trail to compare with when you claim.
Town is already down a spy + whatever Holt was, doesn't this change the dynamic ? As i see it the downsides of revealing patterns only get worse the fewer Townies remain and the Mafias can more easily pile up on any given target. The hostlity i am receiving just by playing logically seems suspect to me
 

Natasha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 11, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
586
Age
26
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
She can play her role, she already claimed one of 3 roles, why not finish the job? state what she did clearly. I'm not going to make it easier for her.
You trusting her to "catch me" with a lie is interesting tho.
So you think I shouldn't leverage my position here?
I'm claiming one of 3 strongest town roles, in what world do you not co-operate as town?
If you had been more co-operative I wouldn't have had to claim.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Again, surface level information that I'm asking which 1/3rd of players shared within the first 50 posts of the game.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
So you think I shouldn't leverage my position here?
I'm claiming one of 3 strongest town roles, in what world do you not co-operate as town?
If you had been more co-operative I wouldn't have had to claim.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Again, surface level information that I'm asking which 1/3rd of players shared within the first 50 posts of the game.
I told you from the start I wasn't going to talk about my A role.
 

Vali x lucifer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 6, 2021
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
5,678
Age
28
Country
Italy
Also if someone could explain to me the mechanics of the most important roles it would help me develop more useful theories, i don't even know what's a bomb yet
 

Degojaru

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 9, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
102
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Also if someone could explain to me the mechanics of the most important roles it would help me develop more useful theories, i don't even know what's a bomb yet
If bomb is lynched, the latest player who voted it will die too. So you need to defuse it before lynching or killing
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
She can play her role, she already claimed one of 3 roles, why not finish the job? state what she did clearly. I'm not going to make it easier for her.
You trusting her to "catch me" with a lie is interesting tho.
You keeping the reveal order advantage lets you easily handle anything she could throw at you though..

I dont particularly trust Nash, but she is going out of her way and claiming one of 3 very strong roles so that should give her the benefit of the doubt as someone that shared a lot more of her hand for you to cooperate. Not sure how you think it helps anyone to not cooperate.
 

Natasha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 11, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
586
Age
26
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Well too bad. You failed to look townie to me, so you get nothing from me.
Stone walling a claiming Spy/Det/Prost?

Some info on your A role is enough of a risk that you'll literally not answer me because you don't trust me?

The risk for you here is only bad enough here if you're mafia and are avoiding guessing what I did to you wrong.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Town is already down a spy + whatever Holt was, doesn't this change the dynamic ? As i see it the downsides of revealing patterns only get worse the fewer Townies remain and the Mafias can more easily pile up on any given target. The hostlity i am receiving just by playing logically seems suspect to me
Why should it change the dynamic? What I said stands - mafia have to lie and fake some roles as their cover, the more time they can delay it, while seeing a lot more dead townies and living townies claim their roles, the easier it is to not accidentally claim a role someone else already has and get in trouble. Don't you think waiting til the end is very helpful for a mafia to not mess up? So by having people claim at least some things early like if roles are active or passive, it makes it harder for them to lie later. Holt and DD didnt reveal many roles so their deaths dont make it much easier for mafia to lie currently.

So yeah the hostility is due to, what you consider playing logically - it also aligning with a mafia's preferred gameplay of keeping all their options open for an easy claim, don't you think?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also if someone could explain to me the mechanics of the most important roles it would help me develop more useful theories, i don't even know what's a bomb yet
We have a thread in this section that lists all the roles and their descriptions. Bomb kills the last player to vote them if Bomb is lynched, or kills the killer if they are nightkilled.
But overall the roles will only matter once claimed, but most commonly there are investigators, some protectors like doctor etc. Many roles could be in the game so can't go over them all.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
The lion has showered and is sleepy

He will trust his gut/instinct and reasoning, and votekill shino

The lion (me) believes mafia are dego (mafia bum), shino/pom (both?), val, and styl.

Awimbawe Awimbawe x4
In the jungle, the moist jungle
This lion sleeps tonight
Good night

I'll try to be up before phase end
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Copy Panda vote ^
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
!votekill shinobi

Regardless if you trust Nash or not, all it does to refuse to share is make you look worse. Nor do I see any angle where you sharing the slightest bit publicly helps Nash/mafia like you said it does? At most if you say I targeted X, Nash could piggyback off it and say yes with Spy I saw you targeted them. But that alone doesnt do anything for Nash, she must still get a proper result ie. guess next day in advance who someone targeted. So sharing your action would if anything help clear you and not Nash, so I'm really confused. But this doesn't sit right with me.

Otherwise a Snehal lynch probably works here? Eh, bit too obvious maybe.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The lion has showered and is sleepy

He will trust his gut/instinct and reasoning, and votekill shino

The lion (me) believes mafia are dego (mafia bum), shino/pom (both?), val, and styl.

Awimbawe Awimbawe x4
In the jungle, the moist jungle
This lion sleeps tonight
Good night

I'll try to be up before phase end
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Copy Panda vote ^
Not Snehal?
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,773
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Town is already down a spy + whatever Holt was, doesn't this change the dynamic ? As i see it the downsides of revealing patterns only get worse the fewer Townies remain and the Mafias can more easily pile up on any given target. The hostlity i am receiving just by playing logically seems suspect to me
Just post your pattern?
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
You keeping the reveal order advantage lets you easily handle anything she could throw at you though..

I dont particularly trust Nash, but she is going out of her way and claiming one of 3 very strong roles so that should give her the benefit of the doubt as someone that shared a lot more of her hand for you to cooperate. Not sure how you think it helps anyone to not cooperate.
Yes I'll hold the order advantage here, I simply don't trust her, I'm not letting her correct herself based on my answer. Anyone can bs a role and confirm/implicate another person after that said person stated what they did. You and I and many others can do that as well. Just because she claimed one of 3 roles doesn't change how I distrust her, DD also claimed spy/det yesterday and he was lynched anyway.
 
Top