Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2026) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #45 of 2026 (5 Choices At Most)

  • Me & Roboco 299

  • Sakamoto Days 277

  • Witch Watch 264

  • Akane-banashi 224

  • Nue's Exorcist 163

  • Kagurabachi 133

  • Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi 110

  • Ichi the Witch 100

  • Shinobi Undercover 99

  • Someone Hertz 51

  • Under Doctor 34

  • Roku's House of Oddities 24

  • Class 2B Hero Destroyerz 22

  • Animal Signal 16

  • Hal Formula 15

  • Cannon Master 14

  • The Ura Files 5

  • Graykeith: Translator Daemonica 4


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

#1. No fights or personal insults.
#2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of being annoying or starting serious heated discussions, if i notice it's a continuous behavior, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
#3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comments will be deleted.
#4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't related about anime & manga outside the thread.
#5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
#6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
#7. Refrain from self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
#8. Constant fanart posts just for the sake of praising a favorite series is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post.
#9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
#10. Regarding rule #9, an exception will be made for when we have new series, in this case, spoilers will be allowed only for the first 3 chapters of a new series for the users who are interested in knowing informations and details about the new series, these spoilers will obviously be kept under tags to protect anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled, so don't worry about it.
~ Shinuki

I hope everyone reads the rules and use it as a guide to behave well in the thread, thanks! :kkthumbs
 
Last edited:

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Man the color pages are great, but am impressed with Bachoism's color page. Kuroko knows how to make it work, its cool.
Hmm…the art style reminds me of Black Clover’s CPs.
 

Kiaida

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2021
Messages
1,460
Reaction score
3,537
Country
United Nations
This perfectly shows why a lot of people nowadays switch to digital
Kawae mentioned this on a volume extra. As the series goes on, some of his readers switch to digital because storing all that becomes harder.

Personally, I always prefer physical, be it manga, books or games. I like to own the actual thing and don't trust companies with digital at all, but if I lived in Japan my house would probably be extremely full of manga and other stuff, homes aren't that large as well, so I get it.

Options are good to have, digital makes sense and allows more people to enjoy all types of art. I just hate when companies try to kill physical media as some sort of outdated concept as they clearly nitpick data because they want to save costs, don't want to share with stores and want the consumer to be even more dependent on them. A lot of the world, including Japan, still buys a lot of physical media.
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,096
Reaction score
1,981
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This perfectly shows why a lot of people nowadays switch to digital

"I’m really glad I switched to ebooks now 🙏 Back when I was 15, I’d always spend over 10,000 yen a month on them without fail, and if I couldn’t hold back after watching anime and ended up buying more, I’d set a stupid limit of 20,000 yen max—kept up that nonsense for 15 years until my room was creaking and on the verge of collapse, so I reluctantly made the switch to digital—but now it’s cheap, I can read anywhere, and it’s the best 🙏"

i see boruto there... :super
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,017
Reaction score
1,659
Age
36
Country
Australia
Digital is def very convenient. For books, I still actually prefer the physical copy but storage is just such a pain especially when you move so I've always been limited in what I buy. For other stuff though, I switched to buying video games digitally almost a decade ago now
I stick to physical games 100% of the time unless the game is not available for physical. Mainly because I sell my games once I am done and recoup at least 80% of the game cost. Cannot do that with digital

Mangas have extremely low resale value and demand in my country so whatever i buy is for keepsake. Now i hardly buy manga due to space. With falling home ownerships and people constantly moving, physical books become more and more impractical.

I dislike owning digital though. I always prefer flipping the books.
 

Broseph

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Messages
936
Reaction score
1,521
Age
31
Country
United States
I stick to physical games 100% of the time unless the game is not available for physical. Mainly because I sell my games once I am done and recoup at least 80% of the game cost. Cannot do that with digital

Mangas have extremely low resale value and demand in my country so whatever i buy is for keepsake. Now i hardly buy manga due to space. With falling home ownerships and people constantly moving, physical books become more and more impractical.

I dislike owning digital though. I always prefer flipping the books.
Yeah flipping the pages is why ebooks never clicked for me. It's just an entirely different experience. I can read digitally of course and I do on mangaplus and the old pirate sites where I'd read Naruto and the like but when buying a manga or just a book/novel in general, there's a satisfaction that comes with turning the page that is unmatched. Probably why I still buy physical books now but haven't done the same with movies or games (I don't resell but if you do, physical is objectively better)
 

LogicoftheVI

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2025
Messages
245
Reaction score
189
Age
43
Country
US Virgin Islands
Going fully digital is a scary proposition. I find it interesting that we have so many examples of these companies screwing over their consumer and yet people will still move to fully digital libraries. What will you guys do when these companies start limiting your access or completely removing items you have purchased?

A few good examples:
-Funimation
being purchased by Crunchyroll. People who had purchased anime and manga digitally through Funimation lost their entire catalog when Crunchyroll decided to shut down the Funimation Website.
-Sony recently announced that they would no longer be making physical discs for their games in early 2028. At the same time, they had a media license expire and anyone who had purchased media under said license lost their purchases.
-Apple & Amazon have both had digital Movies and TV shows consumers purchased removed from libraries or become unplayable due to loss of license.
-Ubisoft (and many other videogame publishers) shutting down live servers and revoking access to its players who purchased digitally.
-Warner Bros., Disney+, and Discovery have all deleted dozens of digital shows and movies under the guise of a cost cutting measures taking away access from their users.

These companies are no longer selling us permanent ownership (physical copies), instead we are being sold revokable licenses (even if you purchase a disc these days, a lot of times, it's just a key to a license not the actual game). Meaning that whenever they feel like it, they can block our access. This is the dangers of going fully digital and a huge part of the reason that piracy still exists. It's not that people aren't willing to pay, they are, but they want to own the actual rights to what they purchased.

Edit: How does that quote go...oh yeah...."you'll own nothing and you'll be happy" - Ida Auken
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah flipping the pages is why ebooks never clicked for me. It's just an entirely different experience. I can read digitally of course and I do on mangaplus and the old pirate sites where I'd read Naruto and the like but when buying a manga or just a book/novel in general, there's a satisfaction that comes with turning the page that is unmatched. Probably why I still buy physical books now but haven't done the same with movies or games (I don't resell but if you do, physical is objectively better)
This reminds me of one of my favorite anime/manga scenes of all time. The other character in the scene tells Shogo Makishima he will download an ebook.
Shogo Makishima - Psychopass: "No, find the paperback, ebooks lack character."
"Physical books are more than the words they contain. They also tools to stimulate your senses and adjust your thinking."
"When I don't feel well I'll stare at a page forever before realizing I haven't absorbed a word. When that happens, I try to understand why, what's gotten in my way. On the other hand, there are books I can take in effortlessly no matter how awful I'm feeling. Why do those books draw me in. I think it may be a sort of mental tuning. It's the feeling of the paper against my fingers, that familiar smell of the pulp and glue the momentary stimulation to my brain when I turn each page. These sensations regulate and focus my brain, they make it work better."
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I dont buy digital manga, i just dont see the appeal and i know this has a lot to do with how my brain proccesses digital manga, all my life digital manga has always been either downloaded in my pc or read through online readers, fan translation or official, so i just dont "get" the appeal at all in buying digital manga, i only buy physical, thats how it's been supposed to be bought for centuries :grin

That said, i understand that for Japan in special with how the houses are usually built and smaller, lack of space is a actual problem.
 

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,470
Reaction score
3,849
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
I can read individual chapters digitally, but if I actually want to be invested physical is always the way to go - I think the only series I've ever managed to binge digitally is Usogui and that ended up being in my top 3 so it's a tough ask :teehee
 

needtorelax

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 8, 2026
Messages
34
Reaction score
48
Country
Cobra
I buy a couple of prints for my collection but digital just looks vastly superior to the printed mag and tank versions. It's not just the space and access convenience that led to more digital adoption.
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,032
Reaction score
2,457
Age
35
Country
Avatar
I do buy digital, and I buy physical from time to time when it comes to manga. All those points are very strong and justified, but with manga right now for me it comes down to three things.

1) The price to afford and not be too stingy about my purchases. Although I can be a hypocrite about it but it is something I am really working on so I won’t have to dwindle down my physical budget or over rely on my credit card.

2) The space for me is lacking. If I had like a massive library space that can fill up 2 walls of bookshelf space, then I would invest into that.

3) This may feel minor but I am a bit OCD when it comes to the quality of the manga itself in terms of making sure there are no dents, tears, and the like on my end. Let alone making sure that I don’t buy something that had a mistake on the printing side.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Sugoi just leaked Yumene Connect anime adaptation, a full ecchi WSM series with less than 100 chapters getting anime, see Jump, it's not that hard, you don't have to take a century to give a anime 😭
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This is specially great when i remember how much Yozakura Family as a whole used to be downplayed by certain users here (Not by you guys) & other places acting like the anime would be only a 12 eps season deal and the series die after but here we are, 2 full seasons with 50+ eps and surely Season 3 will happen adapting the time skip, we might even get a full adaptation! :hee

 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shoseki Top 500 (October 9)
16. Blue Box #27
17. Ichi the Witch #10
37. Kochikame #203
39. The Elusive Samurai #27
44. Someone Hertz #5
48. Akane-banashi #24
64. Witch Watch #28
218. Me & Roboco #28
236. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi #10
313. Hal Formula #1
439. Kinato's Magic #3
463. Kinato's Magic #4


Nah, Animal Signal dropping out while Kinato still up is crazy, there's must be something going on... :o
 

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,470
Reaction score
3,849
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
Looked up the Kagurabachi teaser since I'm hoping for another trailer in the upcoming Jump Press and I cannot believe that shit says 6 months ago time is not real :scry
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shoseki Top 500 (October 9)
16. Blue Box #27
17. Ichi the Witch #10
37. Kochikame #203
39. The Elusive Samurai #27
44. Someone Hertz #5
48. Akane-banashi #24
64. Witch Watch #28
218. Me & Roboco #28
236. Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi #10
313. Hal Formula #1
439. Kinato's Magic #3
463. Kinato's Magic #4


Nah, Animal Signal dropping out while Kinato still up is crazy, there's must be something going on... :o
@defensor_de_boruto Boruto charting above Blue Box :shout
 

RealityChecker

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2025
Messages
666
Reaction score
301
Age
35
Country
Gotei 13
Looked up the Kagurabachi teaser since I'm hoping for another trailer in the upcoming Jump Press and I cannot believe that shit says 6 months ago time is not real :scry
I don't think there will be a new trailer for Kagurabachi at the Jump Press. They are most likely announcing some colab or new merch.
 

Lord Anubis

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2025
Messages
459
Reaction score
597
Age
23
Country
United States
A bit belated, but I will always be team physical media forever until the day I die.
I like being able to do what I want with the things I choose to buy & not worry about losing them due to copyright shenanigans.
 

monstera11

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2023
Messages
2,017
Reaction score
1,659
Age
36
Country
Australia
Going fully digital is a scary proposition. I find it interesting that we have so many examples of these companies screwing over their consumer and yet people will still move to fully digital libraries. What will you guys do when these companies start limiting your access or completely removing items you have purchased?

A few good examples:
-Funimation
being purchased by Crunchyroll. People who had purchased anime and manga digitally through Funimation lost their entire catalog when Crunchyroll decided to shut down the Funimation Website.
-Sony recently announced that they would no longer be making physical discs for their games in early 2028. At the same time, they had a media license expire and anyone who had purchased media under said license lost their purchases.
-Apple & Amazon have both had digital Movies and TV shows consumers purchased removed from libraries or become unplayable due to loss of license.
-Ubisoft (and many other videogame publishers) shutting down live servers and revoking access to its players who purchased digitally.
-Warner Bros., Disney+, and Discovery have all deleted dozens of digital shows and movies under the guise of a cost cutting measures taking away access from their users.

These companies are no longer selling us permanent ownership (physical copies), instead we are being sold revokable licenses (even if you purchase a disc these days, a lot of times, it's just a key to a license not the actual game). Meaning that whenever they feel like it, they can block our access. This is the dangers of going fully digital and a huge part of the reason that piracy still exists. It's not that people aren't willing to pay, they are, but they want to own the actual rights to what they purchased.

Edit: How does that quote go...oh yeah...."you'll own nothing and you'll be happy" - Ida Auken
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This reminds me of one of my favorite anime/manga scenes of all time. The other character in the scene tells Shogo Makishima he will download an ebook.
Shogo Makishima - Psychopass: "No, find the paperback, ebooks lack character."
"Physical books are more than the words they contain. They also tools to stimulate your senses and adjust your thinking."
"When I don't feel well I'll stare at a page forever before realizing I haven't absorbed a word. When that happens, I try to understand why, what's gotten in my way. On the other hand, there are books I can take in effortlessly no matter how awful I'm feeling. Why do those books draw me in. I think it may be a sort of mental tuning. It's the feeling of the paper against my fingers, that familiar smell of the pulp and glue the momentary stimulation to my brain when I turn each page. These sensations regulate and focus my brain, they make it work better."
Yeah that elevate shogo as more than a byakuran knockoff for me lol
 
Top