Shounen Psyren by Iwashiro Toshiaki

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Who knows, maybe Amamiya knows something about it/him.

Something "Psy" will definitely have influence on this series though. That's an easy bet.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Who knows, maybe Amamiya knows something about it/him.

Something "Psy" will definitely have influence on this series though. That's an easy bet.
and the funny thing: psyren is read as sairen (sirene) and what announced the start of the game - a sirene :D

Anyways: you can't know for sure how to defeat the guy. But based on the fact he has a crossbow and amamiya got a sword - I assume that in the beginning they'll do a weapon/hand to hand combat
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Actually it's spelled "siren" koen. "Sirene" appears to be some sort of cheese made in Bulgaria...:s

Well regardless, it will only confirm that Amamiya has been up to strange things if she can actually hold her on against the Robot.
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
"sirene" is actually the dutch word for siren, probably why he's confused
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
I guess now the big question is, since Amamiya has obviously found the exit to return to the real world, why is she back in Psyren? By force or by choice?

Psyren - actionpacked, mysterious, and great with crackers and lox!XD
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
"sirene" is actually the dutch word for siren, probably why he's confused
as you know, you are totally right :)

anyways: I hope that this one will succeed thoug we'll have to wait till upcoming chapters
(but the mangaka thanked the readers for the overwhelming response if we maybe believe the note in the front page of chapter 3)
 

zidane

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
1,162
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
hmm...i think this series already deserves an own section^^...

it really is nice...

was the Frank Jaeger Guys already discussed? i mean the one with the hauntig crossbow...
Jaeger is german for Hunter...and also Frank Jaeger is Gray Fox' real name (the one from Metal Gear, my fav. charakter)...

and Gray Fox looks like this:



you see...it's the perfect name :D
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
The first time I saw him I thought of was Gray Fox.
 

LongShot

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
177
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
what a great start...interesting and mysterious...

I can see some ways the story may take and I hope the mangaka doesnt choose a common one.....no ninja or spirit word related story PLZ!1!SHIFTONE!!! :p
 

bunshindattebayo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
694
Reaction score
112
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Man,this manga is so great!Good story & cool art,I enjoyed reading this.
Ageha looks so much like Ichigo.I wonder if he will get some sort of special power later in the manga.
 

LongShot

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
177
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
and Ichigo looks with Yusuke Urameshi... ppl shouldn't stay comparing things
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Eh, I think Ageha is closer in looks to Ichigo than Ichigo is to Urameshi, but I think it might have to do with the art style.

There's no denying that Iwashiro's drawing style is similiar to kubotite's.
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
And Amamiya looks like Rukia ...in fact Ageha and Amamiya are like Ichigo and Rukia with their hair colors reversed, except that Amaiya's is SUPER BLEACHED:XD The monster Amamiya killed looked like a Hollow too...I could go on all day about the stylistic similarities between BLEACH and Psyren:eyeroll, but I'm sure they're just cosmetic and Psyren will break its own path.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't think that centipede looks like a Hollow at all personally. I also don't see how Amamiya looks like Rukia either...the only similarities are that they are both tiny, and wield swords.
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
I don't think that centipede looks like a Hollow at all personally. I also don't see how Amamiya looks like Rukia either...the only similarities are that they are both tiny, and wield swords.
Really? It was the first thing I noticed when I saw the initial spoiler pics for Psyren, before I knew how long her hair was. She has that lock of hair falling across her face like Rukia does and if without her glasses, her eyes and face shape are similar too. then of course there's the sword, and the way she calls the male lead moron or idiot all the time.:XD (though that last is admittedly a characteristic shared by all JUMP heroines.)
 

LongShot

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
177
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Eh, I think Ageha is closer in looks to Ichigo than Ichigo is to Urameshi, but I think it might have to do with the art style.
I was talking about how both are High School kids who are always getting in fights....cuz their looks are really different to me...maybe in the early bleach chaps they look like a bit more
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Okay, I agree with the people saying the art reminds them of kubo. But I always think toshiaki has a bleach x dragonball z art (when the characters show emotions they remind me a lot about goku, vegeta etc the sweating, yeah I can't say)...

ageha and amamiya reminds a bit about ichigo meeting rukia and pulled into the world of rukia (amamiya for ageha) because of that meeting. But for the rest this can be original. Why? Well other people have landed in psyren too. Ageha and all others got a phone card. The test, etc I wonder what's psyren's goal. I think this one got more mysteries than the beginning of bleach
 

lupemavi

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
138
Reaction score
3
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I think this one got more mysteries than the beginning of bleach
I think the same too. The mystery begans already from the beginning, in bleach also but it is not the same thing, in psyren enter in the first chapter on a strange world
Ageha = ichigo + urameshi xDDD
 

Wire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
77
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think the same too. The mystery begans already from the beginning, in bleach also but it is not the same thing, in psyren enter in the first chapter on a strange world
Ageha = Ichigo + Urameshi xDDD
Psyren immediately reminded me of Bleach and YYH. And Ageha is alot like those two characters. Amamiya bears similarity to Rukia in that she is cosidered weird by her peers and doesn't make friends easily.
 
Top