Archived The Hang Out Thread v.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mmy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Taiwan
I don't understand why I have a cold then...

Stupid weather.
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Xophien? Whozzat?
he's a global mod with the very interesting and cool sigs.

You can outdrink me but no one i repeat no one can outeat me! Anyone wanna challenge me to an eatin contest step right up! Its funny cuz i eat so much and i never gain weight. Im still at around 135.
That's interesting. I'm around 135 as well. And I tend to eat everything in sight ^^.
a lot of boys i know can eat a lot and don't gain weight. such a lucky metabolism but be careful. it'll catch up eventually.

Well yeah that was random so......... Yeah its raining alot over here and im wearin a new hoody. The weather down here is pretty weird. Yesterday it was hot, the day before it was cold and now today its pourin.
It's 67 degrees. In Maryland. In January.

Anything wrong with that?
global warming is weird like that. it's the same in ohio but i'm not complaining. i like wearing shorts again instead of sweats.

I don't understand why I have a cold then...

Stupid weather.
cold just means sickness. the weather really doesn't play that much a part on your being sick unless you didn't dress warmly enough on one day. it'll cause the body to use most of its energy creating heat instead of keeping homeostasis.

rhinoviruses, not the weather, is the cause of the common cold and it'll take at least a week to recover. get well soon!
 

Gr1mmy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Taiwan
Dang... I was hoping I'd get better in a few days.

Exams coming up...
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So snoog I see it pays to listen in class and watch House. You sure know your viruses.
So the weather is nice in Ohio. Here join in with me cuz its not so nice down here....
Rain,rain go away,.........
Yeah I have that test for DECA tomarrow. Its gonna take an hour and a half but I do get to get outta class.
 

Gr1mmy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Taiwan
Dang, I sneezed out of my chair.

Must... do... more procrastination...
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bless you sir
Oh snoogen did you ask when I had finals they are next week. I have to turn in my work to raise my F in Algebra 2!
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Dang... I was hoping I'd get better in a few days.

Exams coming up...
sorry about that. i hope you feel well enough to take you exams. good luck with them btw

So snoog I see it pays to listen in class and watch House. You sure know your viruses.
haha i learned from class and from those medicine commericals

So the weather is nice in Ohio. Here join in with me cuz its not so nice down here....
Rain,rain go away,.........
it's supposed to get cold later this week though. i'm going to enjoy it while i can.

Yeah I have that test for DECA tomarrow. Its gonna take an hour and a half but I do get to get outta class.
so you have finals this week. good luck! i'm sure you and Gr1mmy will do great!
 

Gr1mmy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Taiwan
*drinks a cup of coffee*

Ppffft! An F?? How the heck did that happen? Algebra 2 shouldn't be that difficult.

Or is it just because you don't hand any work in?
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I Havent done a single home work assignment. I just hate math. ill pass with a D. My teacher isn't the greatest teacher in the world. Even upperclassmen with AP classes are failing his class. he gives us way too much homework and doesn't explain the work properly. He focuses more on the kids with their heads down or the ones not paying attention. I say let em fail and teach the ones that wanna learn, but he just goes on the hour block rambling about how we are bad students and i just get bored and stop paying attention. I got A's and b's in my other classes though.
 

Gr1mmy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Taiwan
Yeesh.

Apply for a class change.

I have two Bs right now. One in Spanish and one in English.

Technically, English was a C, but I actually started working a bit. I don't like those stupid novels we have to read, they aren't interesting enough.

My Spanish teacher is... a *swear word* She gives us textbook work and never teaches us. She just goes around marking people down for talking.
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hmm i think im gonna take french next year. We need atleast 2 credits from language classes to get in to college so Ill start that next year. i dont have room in my schedule for that this year.
 

Gr1mmy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Taiwan
I'm taking Chinese... or if they finally have it, Japanese.

I'm through with Spanish... damn teacher.

I'm taking Physics and Biology next year as well...
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wanted to take Physics and my Biology teacher from last year signed me up for it but I looked on my schedule for quarter and they gave me Chemistry honors. There is alot of math involved in chemistry which is the main reason i dont wanna take it. I dont know i might keep it or i might switch to physics honors or marine biology.
 

Gr1mmy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Taiwan
Well, since you don't like math, don't take physics. You'll kill yourself. Lots of math, formulas and stuff involved.

The study corner... we should have a high school class thread.
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah forgot about it. It's new I think PY made an announcement about it if I remember correctly.
I thought Chemistry had more math then physics,atleast thats what my teacher said.
 

Gr1mmy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Taiwan
Eh... well biology has no math at all.

I think your teacher was on drugs. Chemistry and Physics both have math. Physics has all sorts of mechanics, and is harder than Chem.

Biology is your way to go ^^
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah im just gonna take Marine Biology honors. Plus i think the teacher for marine biology is my debate teacher from last year. Debate was a real fun class cuz we dont do any book work but if your shy you will fail. My debate teacher was really nice so ill be happy if I get her again.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Even upperclassmen with AP classes are failing his class.
That's a more common occurrence than you'd think =P When I was in high school, there were plenty of people in AP classes who didn't do stellar. >.>
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah your right. im in 10th grade and I compared my PSAT scores with a junior who has all AP classes except for .... you guessed it Algebra 2. We had the same test and I scored higher than him by like 200 points. Dont get me wrong there are plenty of people who got a better PSAT score than me. I dont wanna sound like im braggin.
 

Soulthorn

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Eh... well biology has no math at all.

I think your teacher was on drugs. Chemistry and Physics both have math. Physics has all sorts of mechanics, and is harder than Chem.

Biology is your way to go ^^
Hi, Gr1mmy! ^^

I study Physics here @ Brazil and it's not all about mechanics! XD You also need to study eletromagnetism, thermodynamics, quantum physics (the "old" and "new" quantum mechanics) and statistical physics.

About the math you need to know to be a good physicist, here's a excellent website, by professor Gerard 't Hooft (nobel prize winner): http://www.phys.uu.nl/~thooft/theorist.html

:amuse
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top