Archived The Hang Out Thread v.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks for the info Soulthorn. How do you like your Physics class? What is the hardest subject in Physics in your opinion?

Well I got 2 go see yall 2marrow
 
Last edited:

Soulthorn

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the info Soulthorn. How do you like your Physics class? What is the hardest subject in Physics in your opinion?
When I first started the course, I wasn't really sure about the physicist carrer. I had almost no information about the course and what areas I could follow as a physicist. 3 years have passed since then, and I've just realised that I can't live without physics! XD

Maybe I'm overrating it, but that's how I feel about the course. It's not a hard course, but it's not is a easy one. You need to dedicate a great amount of time to study, but the results are worth it! ^^ You know... you just feel like: "I'm making part of the science history, even if it's just a tiny-little-bit-of-nothing!" XD

In my opinion, Quantum Mechanics is the hardest subject in Physics, because the mathematical tools used in QM and the physical interpretation are both very hard to deal with. Anyway, it's something that, with time, you just get the "feeling" and start to understand better. ^^

:D
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I thought Chemistry had more math then physics,atleast thats what my teacher said.
from my experience, i would say that physics has more math than chemistry. calculus and physics are usually grouped together and taken the same time.

chemistry has some math but the formulas aren't that bad imo. however, i loved chemistry more than physics.

Eh... well biology has no math at all.

I think your teacher was on drugs. Chemistry and Physics both have math. Physics has all sorts of mechanics, and is harder than Chem.

Biology is your way to go ^^
all science courses have some math in it. after all, science and math are interwined. i've taken a lot of biology courses due to my major and all of them had some math in it whether it's calculating the species diversity of an area or the human pulse.

Hi, Gr1mmy! ^^

I study Physics here @ Brazil and it's not all about mechanics! XD You also need to study eletromagnetism, thermodynamics, quantum physics (the "old" and "new" quantum mechanics) and statistical physics.

About the math you need to know to be a good physicist, here's a excellent website, by professor Gerard 't Hooft (nobel prize winner): http://www.phys.uu.nl/~thooft/theorist.html

:amuse
where were you when i was suffering through physics? i liked mechanical physics but i hated electromagnetism. it might be due to the fact that i had a horrible physics professor though. i did like physics lab however.
 

Gr1mmy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Taiwan
Well, I heard that biology has the least amount of math.

Anyways... enough about school work.

How many forums are you people active on?
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
yeah, let's not talk about school especially since there is a subforum for that already :amuse besides, i don't have school until next monday so i rather enjoy the last few days of my break.

do you mean forums as sites other than mangahelpers or forums here?
 

Soulthorn

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
where were you when i was suffering through physics? i liked mechanical physics but i hated electromagnetism. it might be due to the fact that i had a horrible physics professor though. i did like physics lab however.
I'm exaclty the opposite: I hate lab classes, because our teachers always ask us to do a report of the experience.

Perhaps that's why I'm looking forward to become a theoretical physicist instead of a experimental one. :amuse

If you need some help with physics, don't hesitate to ask me! I'll try to answer a.s.a.p! (If I know the answer, of course!)

^^
 
Last edited:

Gr1mmy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Taiwan
yeah, let's not talk about school especially since there is a subforum for that already :amuse besides, i don't have school until next monday so i rather enjoy the last few days of my break.

do you mean forums as sites other than mangahelpers or forums here?
Other sites. Not sub-forums. Basically.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I don't really have time to be active on other forums >.> I used to be active on ADWOFF and InDeath.net (based on series of novels/romance authors) but not anymore. MH is time consuming =P
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
hey guys!!! been busy lately ;___; exams coming up for me and stuff. also projects and catch up work :scry

is anyone sitll on vaca? :crying
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Not me :( Been back to work since the 2nd. Aside from Christmas itself, the 28th was the only weekday last month when I didn't report to work (plus 01/01. I forgot that I still had to file vacation leave for New Year's eve).
 
Last edited:

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm on semester break until next Monday, when I start back for classes :(
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Not me :( Been back to work since the 2nd. Aside from Christmas itself, the 28th was the only weekday last month when I didn't report to work (plus 01/01. I forgot that I still had to file vacation leave for New Year's eve).
:tackle where have you been!! (okay, you just explained about that) but still!!! :tackle

I'm on semester break until next Monday, when I start back for classes :(
eh? What kind of school system do you have? so you start a new school year every january? I'm interested. Please tell me the details.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm exaclty the opposite: I hate lab classes, because our teachers always ask us to do a report of the experience.

Perhaps that's why I'm looking forward to become a theoretical physicist instead of a experimental one. :amuse

If you need some help with physics, don't hesitate to ask me! I'll try to answer a.s.a.p! (If I know the answer, of course!)

^^
awwwww... thanks for your offer but you're a year late.

however, if you're really good with endrocrinology that would be awesome :nuts

Other sites. Not sub-forums. Basically.
then, no. i'm only active on this one.

hey guys!!! been busy lately ;___; exams coming up for me and stuff. also projects and catch up work :scry

is anyone sitll on vaca? :crying
good luck with all your exams and projects! i'm sure that you'll kick butt!

my school begins next monday. usually we would begin today but they gave us an extra week this year (my senior year). hooray!
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Now that the holiday season is over, we'll be seeing less and less active members in this section due to school, work and other (unfortunately) important real life details. :D
I hope everyone will still be able to drop by here in their free time and with more new members everyday this thread won't be less active. :D
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Your boy is back! well just for 10 minutes. Im at lunch so i got some time. It toke forever to get my damn food cuz the register broke. i was in line for like 15 minutes.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
eh? What kind of school system do you have? so you start a new school year every january? I'm interested. Please tell me the details.
The "school year" starts the end of August, with the first semester. First semester ends mid Dec, and second semester starts a month later, mid Jan. It ends the beginning of May, and we have the rest of may, june, july, and most of august off. I love college :3
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Now that the holiday season is over, we'll be seeing less and less active members in this section due to school, work and other (unfortunately) important real life details. :D
I hope everyone will still be able to drop by here in their free time and with more new members everyday this thread won't be less active. :D
don't worry ichi! i'll make time so i won't let this thread die so young.

Your boy is back! well just for 10 minutes. Im at lunch so i got some time. It toke forever to get my damn food cuz the register broke. i was in line for like 15 minutes.
oh that sucks a lot. was the food worth it at least?

The "school year" starts the end of August, with the first semester. First semester ends mid Dec, and second semester starts a month later, mid Jan. It ends the beginning of May, and we have the rest of may, june, july, and most of august off. I love college :3
sounds like my school. i love the semester system over the quarter one. my brother who went to a college that practiced the latter one started in late september but his school year ended mid-june. i liked rubbing it in his face that he still went to school while i was on my summer break.
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Not really it was just a cheeseburger and some fries. speaking of food im real hungry now and i wont be home till 7 so I hope my mom has dinner ready by then. If not ill just take a box of cereal and eat bowl after bowl until dinner is done.
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Not really it was just a cheeseburger and some fries. speaking of food im real hungry now and i wont be home till 7 so I hope my mom has dinner ready by then. If not ill just take a box of cereal and eat bowl after bowl until dinner is done.
it still sounds like a good lunch if you ask me ^^

sorry that you have to wait to eat. if it makes you feel better, i would have given you my chai tea frappacino though i don't think it would handle well in the mail. cereal doesn't sound like a great pre-dinner meal though a lot of my friends eat it for dinner.

i usually help my mom with dinner. we're making spaghetti with shrimp today. yum :d
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah that does sound good. i started reading your chapter in the side story and I have one question. how long do the chapters have to be? Ive seen some people write short ones and others right chapters that were several pages long.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top