Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Not to mention Cristiano Ronaldo scored two goals..... by the way he is going, he will hit 30 goals for the season not before long. Very prolific considering he's a winger..... :amuse


The FA cup 5th round draw has been made.
The highlight of the draw has got to be Man Utd Vs. Arsenal at old trafford!!!!
Chelsea will play Huddersfield and Liverpool plays Barnsley.
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Not to mention Cristiano Ronaldo scored two goals..... by the way he is going, he will hit 30 goals for the season not before long. Very prolific considering he's a winger..... :amuse
I was reading a article the other day, saying ferguson will offer him a pay rise if he reaches 30 or something. More incentive:XD

The FA cup 5th round draw has been made.
The highlight of the draw has got to be Man Utd Vs. Arsenal at old trafford!!!!
God smiles upon us :D. I've been waiting for something like this, bring it on!
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I was a bit shocked to see the draw, but at least after the match is done Man Utd will not be having trouble from other troublesome teams. :XD And I have to admit, Adebayor was excellent during the game against Newcastle. But Manchester Utd was pretty good in the second half, i feel sorry for Spur's new goalie. :D
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I was reading a article the other day, saying ferguson will offer him a pay rise if he reaches 30 or something. More incentive:XD
I heard Ferguson and Ronaldo made a bet. If Ronaldo scores 20 (excluding the penalties) in the Premier League, Ferguson was supposed to shave his hair :P That'd be fun, they've been betting money since Ronaldo joined man utd, but now the hair is the target!
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
What he's accomplished is awesome.. even as someone that isn't a fan, I will admit it, however.. let's not make a god out of him just yet, the Premier League isn't exactly the most defensive league in Europe. I'd love to see him play in RM next season to really see how good he is, or even an Italian club.. (although I'm not sure any are interested)
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I heard Ferguson and Ronaldo made a bet. If Ronaldo scores 20 (excluding the penalties) in the Premier League, Ferguson was supposed to shave his hair :P That'd be fun, they've been betting money since Ronaldo joined man utd, but now the hair is the target!
I heard about that too.....What a way to motivate your players to score goals.... :XD
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
What he's accomplished is awesome.. even as someone that isn't a fan, I will admit it, however.. let's not make a god out of him just yet, the Premier League isn't exactly the most defensive league in Europe. I'd love to see him play in RM next season to really see how good he is, or even an Italian club.. (although I'm not sure any are interested)
I'd rather Ronaldo stay in Man Utd. He's in United just like a shark in the ocean. Its impossible to reach greater shape than the one he's in. I'm really proud of his accomplishments and looking forward to see him maintain his shape for the Euro Cup :P

Watch out for Inter's portuguese midfielder, Pélé. He's using Inter's injury problem in the midfield to bright. He played in the whole match against Juve (for the cup), and did a huge game. I was impressed, since he was transfered to Inter from a minor portuguese club, and that's really rare.

Tiago seems to be leaving Juve, heading for Tottenham or Atletico Madrid. I hope he gets his shape back soon enough. Portugal's having a lot of options for the midfield :D
 

Virusbluemage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
597
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
I'm not sure if everyone knows about it, but later today they'll be a friendly match between Italy and Portugal. It will be aired on ESPN(I've forgotten the time though); I was just wondering what other people's thoughts on the match was(who do you think it going to win and who do you want to win?)
 

Tsucchi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
103
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Italy vs Portugal

sure i want my Italy to win!!! :D
 

Virusbluemage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
597
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
Re: Italy vs Portugal

I'm rooting for Portugal, I think Portugal is one of the greatest teams in Europe to have never won the world cup. I want them to at least make it to the Semi-finals in the next world cup.
 

eroda

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
74
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Italy vs Portugal

portugal, they used to be the brazil of Soccer back in the day ( 70's n such )
 

Virusbluemage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
597
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
Re: Italy vs Portugal

? Portugal never qualified for the World Cup during the 70's.
 

Tachyon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
578
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: Italy vs Portugal

You really should have posted this topic in the "all japan changing room" . I hope Italy wins , I just love their defense
 

Virusbluemage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
597
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
Re: Italy vs Portugal

You really should have posted this topic in the "all japan changing room" . I hope Italy wins , I just love their defense
If Shinji instructs me to do so then I will.

I'm sick of Italy and their defense. As the defending Champions I don't want them to perform shamefully in the next world cup, but I hope they don't make it past the Quarter Finals.
 

ghrghr

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
59
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Italy vs Portugal

I really don't have a problem if Italy performs shamefully in the next world cup. I'm rooting for Portugal, they discovered my country and Cristiano Ronaldo is a genius. However, I think Italy will win.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Well, in less than a hours time, we will see what our saviour italian can manage, excuse the pessimism. But im one of the people who tends to doubt big names, until they actually live up to it (in my eyes). Although i was happy the Capello became to us. If we suffer another loss...
 

Virusbluemage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
597
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
Re: Italy vs Portugal

I really don't have a problem if Italy performs shamefully in the next world cup. I'm rooting for Portugal, they discovered my country and Cristiano Ronaldo is a genius. However, I think Italy will win.
Is anyone else watching the game? Italy scored a goal just before the end of first half(it must have been a couple seconds left); I do think you're right about Italy winning the match.

Ronaldo is good, but I think Pauleta is the hope for Portugal. And while the hell is he not playing in this match, is he injured or something?
 

Greytips

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
276
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Italy vs Portugal

I think motivation could be a factor in this match. Portugal's more hungry while Italy's going to play it cool. I also don't like some of the decisions coach Donadoni made (like leaving out Del Piero). Still, Portugal is probably going to experiment a lot so I would go for a draw.

1-1

Edit: Oh it started already? : o
 

Virusbluemage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
597
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
Re: Italy vs Portugal

The match just ended, Italy won 3 - 1. It's a shame, Portugal wasn't bad but they couldn't keep up with the world champions.


Aw, I just learned that Pauleta has retired from International Football. Never mind, I'm not longer interested in Portugal.
 
Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Capello is making some big changes, isn't he? He gave the captain's band to Gerrard and I got a good feeling with him in charge of England.
Yesterday, my team (Persija Jakarta) lost in the league semifinal against a new team (Sriwijaya FC) with a 1-0 defeat. If it wasn't for the free ticket I got, I would've join the riot after that. Oh, one of Persija's supporter got stabbed and killed during the fight. It's a good thing i decided to head back home after the game ended, after stopping at a donut shop. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top