Shounen Psyren by Iwashiro Toshiaki

Kheops

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
268
Reaction score
800
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1736/kupupbemn8.jpg
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5415/iupupbeuw2.jpg
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8240/bupupbeft8.jpg

et

文字まだでしたか

アゲハを雨宮がテレパシーで呼びだして話をします

雨宮「…私がサイレンのテレホンカードを手に入れたのは半年以上も前…
去年の冬…なにもかもがイヤになって大阪まで家出したときの…道端の公衆電話…
ネメシスQに出会い深く考えずアンケートに答えた…以来私はあの世界を何度も旅してる…」
アゲハ「サイレンて一体何なんだ!?」
雨宮「さ 行こ!」
アゲハ「行くってどこへ?」
アゲハを見つめながら雨宮「デ・エ・ト」

でコンサート会場へ行きます

雨宮「サイレン世界で私はただ隠れて…ただ逃げるだけの存在だった…
何も出来なかった あの人はそんな私に生き残る術を教えてくれたの」

マツリ登場
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
babelfish, what I think about

Amamiya calls ageha with telepathy. Amamiya tells him: she got her psyren card half a year or more ago (last year's winter when she left home to osaka) at a public telephone on the roadside. Encountered nemesis Q and without thinking she answered the questionnaire. Ever since then she travelled often to psyren. Ageha and amamiya are talking about something I can't understand. They go to a concert and there they meet with the woman who thaught amamiya techniques for surviving in psyren

psyren spoilers: :spaz :spaz :spaz
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Translations:

On the page with the hot chick;

Amamiya(?): My "sai" teacher Yakumo Matsuri.

The time for you to learn more about Psyren has come as well.

First cover page

Call 9: To each their training? (Its small so I can't quite read it.)

Side text: Its nice sometimes to be a little girly.

2nd Image

Amamiya: I have communicated Yoshina Ageha.

last image

Amamiya: A D-a-te.

Seems like its gonna be a fun one. I really like the first image too :) Long live the glasses girl!
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Amamiya cleans up nice.<3 I'm looking forward to a little downtime and getting to know our heroes better... that was one messy introduction, though it served the purpose.

I'm still liking Mieru Hito better though. Psyren is good, but it's like Iwashiro is not taking any chances with his second serialization opportunity and is making something that's more like a cookie-cutter battle-heavy JUMP series.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Amamiya cleans up nice.<3 I'm looking forward to a little downtime and getting to know our heroes better... that was one messy introduction, though it served the purpose.

I'm still liking Mieru Hito better though. Psyren is good, but it's like Iwashiro is not taking any chances with his second serialization opportunity and is making something that's more like a cookie-cutter battle-heavy JUMP series.
I kind of like Mieru Hito better too just for the character designs. Storywise the two of them are pretty good so far, but its kind of early to tell with Psyren. I just hope this one lasts long enough to make an impression...
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I kind of like Mieru Hito better too just for the character designs. Storywise the two of them are pretty good so far, but its kind of early to tell with Psyren. I just hope this one lasts long enough to make an impression...
You can't know at the moment which one is better, psyren is only 8 chapters far. But imo these first 8 chapters were a lot better than mieru hitos first 8 chapters. Mieru Hito became interesting when hase came in and there was that story of miyoujin and his teacher.

Btw amamiya is less annoying than the girl-whose-name-I-forgot in mieru hito. The character design is a bit different but in 8 chapters it's not suited to show everyone who'll make the story - so expect a bit mistery surround people/allies with psy powers, a possibility: people/villains with psy powers

What I like a lot in this manga and mieru hito is Iwashiro Toshiaki his art. His fighting scenes are more detailed and better drawn than naruto and bleach if you ask me (I remember that scene when he fought that fox guy and was standing behind him doing some dbz/kamehame attack - damned that was so great). His art/character design, I just love it and for me it's one of the better, if not the best
 
Last edited:

LongShot

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
177
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
thx guys for pics and translations...fist time we get a spoiler here besides the color page :}
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
spyren chapter09

thanks to ritual scan and heiji-sama

wonder if agehas psy power got to do with breaking that glass. And amamiya looks cuter and better
 

Emery

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
549
Reaction score
194
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Anyone else get the feeling that Nemesis Q is Ageha from the future?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
That's an interesting theory and would be a neat twist. It wouldn't surprise me if it's someone the players of the game will come to know, or already know.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Anyone else get the feeling that Nemesis Q is Ageha from the future?
Héhé, this is prolly the most suprising twist there could be, but it's a possibility

anybody who can guess what agehas powers will be? Because the glass breaking prolly has something to do with it
 

pirate-hitman:L

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
191
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think they get basic psychic powers, telepathy, mind-lifting, force choke...the works.
 

LongShot

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
177
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
yeah I think something like pirate said...they will get "the force"(lol) and then will get specific powers...but I'm guessing telepathy is a power owner just by Ama

I lmao reading this week chap....Asaga mocking of Ageha cuz he's now taller was really funny..and of course, Ageha's face when Ama say they'll get out on a date
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
yeah I think something like pirate said...they will get "the force"(lol) and then will get specific powers...but I'm guessing telepathy is a power owner just by Ama

I lmao reading this week chap....Asaga mocking of Ageha cuz he's now taller was really funny..and of course, Ageha's face when Ama say they'll get out on a date
yeah that was really funny and ageha in the snow (to make clear how he felt) saying this wasn't the sunday he expected

well looking forward to newest chapter, we might get to know more about psyren and psy
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Amamiya was cute young and cute in this chapter. I found those first two frames pretty funny.

Psy instructor?...eh

This chapter was a disappointment. It just came off mediocre to me.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Amamiya was cute young and cute in this chapter. I found those first two frames pretty funny.

Psy instructor?...eh

This chapter was a disappointment. It just came off mediocre to me.
I don't mind some rest in between. Let's learn more about psyren and the psy, okay this chapter didn't contribute that much except how and when amamiya got her psyren card, but I expect something good and new next chapter
 

Dorothy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
307
Reaction score
32
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Kyaaaa!!! Amamiya is so cuuuute!!! *--*<3 I like her very much!<3 Matsuri is an interesting character but I hope that next chapter will be better than this, I'd like to see more action! :)
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Just caught up with this.

Yeah I'm gonna put this one in my dropped list. Too dang mediocre; just like Mieru Hito =/
 

LongShot

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
177
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I can only laugh...


anyway...these last 2 chaps were kinda slow but now with their training starting some new infos and some action will come
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Just caught up with this.

Yeah I'm gonna put this one in my dropped list. Too dang mediocre; just like Mieru Hito =/
Yeah, I'm not in the habit of dropping series, unless I'm absolutely repulsed by it. I stick with things too long, just out of stupid curiosity.

But I'd agree that it's getting pretty mediocre. It started with a bang and was seemingly unique, but for some reason it just seems really cliched as it stands now.
 
Top