Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Ganner_Rhysode

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2007
Messages
61
Reaction score
16
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Holy crap, now I'm really kinda lost... Where the hell am I getting my weekly comic-infusion, now? .__.

And well, the whole comic-movie-thing is really getting outta hand. For some years, now, seriously.
But Punisher was great, imo. Still I'm eagerly awaiting the new Hulk movie (most 'cause I like Norton very much as an actor), but besides that... Hm, maybe the X-Men Origins: Wolverine-Movie.

Con-Air was such a great movie, I still watch it everytime it aires on television. (It's a weird kinda thing, I HATE Nicholas Cage as an actor, he really isn't even worth sh**, but I love the movies Con-Air and The Rock - in which he's both acting in a vital, mainact.)

But yeah... What now? I'm lost...
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
How would you rate the Blade movies among Marvels?
The first movie was brilliant, but the sequels fall short IMO. Some people say they liked the second movie best though, but I didn't. But I'd probably put the first move in the top elite of Marvel movies so far.

are you kidding me, I didnt even think there was an DC or Marvel threads. Im not really up too date but I love DC and Marvel. Superman and the Flash are my fav. I try to read the comics as much as I can but lately ive been caught up in Manga. I only watch Smallville every week and Im into the movies but thats about it. Hopefully I could learn a thing or two by reading everyones posts.
Welcome here. Good to have another fan here :)

Yeah, if you have any questions to ask I'm pretty sure one of us will be able to help you out.

Holy crap, now I'm really kinda lost... Where the hell am I getting my weekly comic-infusion, now? .__.
Not here anymore. :(

And well, the whole comic-movie-thing is really getting outta hand. For some years, now, seriously.
But Punisher was great, imo. Still I'm eagerly awaiting the new Hulk movie (most 'cause I like Norton very much as an actor), but besides that... Hm, maybe the X-Men Origins: Wolverine-Movie.
You actually liked the Punisher movie? XD It's so funny, it seems like everybody has pretty different opinions as far as which recent Marvel movies they've liked.

I actually now like the first Punisher movie back in the 80's better than the more recent one though, because it had great lines. Like this:

Jake: What the f*** do you call 125 murders in 5 years?
The Punisher: Work in progress.
Con-Air was such a great movie, I still watch it everytime it aires on television. (It's a weird kinda thing, I HATE Nicholas Cage as an actor, he really isn't even worth sh**, but I love the movies Con-Air and The Rock - in which he's both acting in a vital, mainact.)

But yeah... What now? I'm lost...
Yep, The Rock is one of my favorite movies.

Torrents. That's the only way now... unless you find another fountain out there :shifty But if you do, you can't repeat the link here.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
regarding marvel movies.

so am I the only super hyped about IronMan and the new Hulk movie?
cause i hope oh how i hope that they will both kick ass. especially Hulk, cause the first one was a wee bit too philosophical for a Hulk movie.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
No you aren't. I'm also super hyped about Iron Man (and you know DZ is too.) Even Ichi, a self-admitted Tony Stark hater, is looking forward to Iron Man. All the trailers look amazing on that one.

And they made the right decision to do it all over with the Hulk. I'm hoping for a better movie this time.

They're also talking about doing the Thor too. I'm trying to stay positive about that one, I want a good movie about Norse Gods in modern times :XD
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Yeah I cant wait for Iron Man movie too. At first I thought Robby Downy jr was kinda wierd for the part but after the trailers I was pretty amazed.

Also, I kinda liked the Hulk. Probably cause I love Jennifer Connely, but the fight scenes were pretty good too. Can't wait to see the new Hulks trailer. When do u think we will see the trailer
 

Ganner_Rhysode

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2007
Messages
61
Reaction score
16
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
@ Goldknight:

Hey, I REALLY liked Punisher XD It was just good action, and also in a kinda realistic sense. Frank gots hit and he bleeds, and afterwards has to wash his wounds clean, bandage himself a.s.o.. He wasn't some kind of bulletproof action-hero, which I really liked about the movie.

But I haven't seen yet, the oldfashioned Dolph Lundgren snitch. Still would really love, to watch it.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah I cant wait for Iron Man movie too. At first I thought Robby Downy jr was kinda wierd for the part but after the trailers I was pretty amazed.

Also, I kinda liked the Hulk. Probably cause I love Jennifer Connely, but the fight scenes were pretty good too. Can't wait to see the new Hulks trailer. When do u think we will see the trailer
The first trailer should be before the 10,000 B.C. movie. (March 7) So we should be seeing it on the internet pretty soon too.

Oddly enough, though, Marvel has had ZERO previews or advertising for the Incredible Hulk so far. Only thing I can think of is that they want to surprise people by putting out trailers pretty late, but that might backfire on them. People are probably going to be like "oh a sequel?" when it's actually a new movie all on its own. But I dunno really.

@ Goldknight:

Hey, I REALLY liked Punisher XD It was just good action, and also in a kinda realistic sense. Frank gots hit and he bleeds, and afterwards has to wash his wounds clean, bandage himself a.s.o.. He wasn't some kind of bulletproof action-hero, which I really liked about the movie.

But I haven't seen yet, the oldfashioned Dolph Lundgren snitch. Still would really love, to watch it.
Yeah, I liked the concept. It was, I think, they spent way too much time on the part where Punisher's family was running away from the bad guys only to be killed. The problem with that is it made the audience depressed rather than angry as they should be with the Punisher. And the Punisher seemed depressed most of the movie, really, rather than angry :p
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Jake: What the f*** do you call 125 murders in 5 years?
The Punisher: Work in progress.
Haha, that cracked me up. I ought to watch the movie now. XD

And yes, I'm utterly hyped for the IM movie :) Robert Downey Jr.'s a great actor, and he is damn perfect as Tony Stark. The trailer looks damn good, and I can't wait for 10,000 BC to come out jsut so I could see the new trailer online.

And Norton is a brilliant actor, really talented. And SO MUCH perfect as Bruce Banner compared to Eric Bana (sp?). Seriously, who's damn idea was it to cast him as Bruce? Norton's got that perfect geeky figure that is Banner.

Oh! AND THE WOLVERINE: ORIGINS IMAGES MADE ME SCREAM WITH DELIGHT :pmg

***

On a sidenote, I am slightly depressed. Something's...missing. *balks*

***

Oh, yeah. I like that rumour (is it, or is it not?) about Robert Downey Jr. cameoing as Stark in the Hulk movie. Can't wait fo that scene. :p They also say they might make an Avengers movie in the near future (oh, please please please please please please please please please please please pleaeplaese please please). :wtf
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Depressed about this?



How? o.o

And I hadn't heard that rumor. That would be very cool. Yeah, actually, an Avengers movie is very much possible because Marvel now has their own studio with which they can make all the new movies, and I think they're planning to do that for Hulk, Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man. That's four of the original six Avengers right there. And an Ant-Man movie's not out of the idea either.

And I agree with you 100% about Norton as opposed to Bana. Bana was just... completely wrong for that movie.

Also, I think that they tried to do a different Hulk from what people liked back in the 70's-80's with Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno that so many people had grown to love and adore, backfired on them in this instance. People went into the Hulk movie expecting that kind of dynamic duo, and they got something completely different.. even if it was more based on the comic, that wasn't what people wanted to see. I think in this case, the old TV series had a certain charm that the comics didn't have.
 
Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ant-man has me very excited. Its in the process of being written by Edgar Wright, in case you need to know thats writer of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. Both filmed by his buddy Simon Pegg. Wouldn't it be great if Simon was Henry Pym? He could play the part perfectly, be just an ass enough so we hate him but not so much that the movie tanks. Then in the end he redeems himself and we start looking forward to him in the Avengers movie.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
personally i would absolutely love a HIGH budget television series of Civil War with all tie ins...
i know that its never going to happen but it would be friggin awesome.
just imagine tuning in every week and see Robert Downey as IM and Tobey as Spidey and i dont remember the names for the Fantastic 4 but those people.
and maybe a buffed up Nathan Fillion as Captain America. and lots of other kick ass actor/tresses for the other parts...

that would be sooooooo awesome. meh, a man can dream... a man can dream....
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Depressed about this?



How? o.o

And I hadn't heard that rumor. That would be very cool. Yeah, actually, an Avengers movie is very much possible because Marvel now has their own studio with which they can make all the new movies, and I think they're planning to do that for Hulk, Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man. That's six of the original Four Avengers right there. And an Ant-Man movie's not out of the idea either.

And I agree with you 100% about Norton as opposed to Bana. Bana was just... completely wrong for that movie.

Also, I think that they tried to do a different Hulk from what people liked back in the 70's-80's with Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno that so many people had grown to love and adore, backfired on them in this instance. People went into the Hulk movie expecting that kind of dynamic duo, and they got something completely different.. even if it was more based on the comic, that wasn't what people wanted to see. I think in this case, the old TV series had a certain charm that the comics didn't have.
Ken-chhaaaaaaaaan D: Yesterday was Wednesday. I was supposed to be ...getting something, but didn't :(

@that shot: YUM.

Boffer:

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE. I could have a nosebleed imagining what you just mentioned. XD I want a Civil War series. XD That would be so damn cool.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Oh, sorry DZ >_< I thought you were referring to the Wolverine movie somehow, now I get it. :(

manu, yeah, an Ant-Man movie would be cool. A superhero with marriage problems no less, that's something a lot of people can relate to :p

As for a superhero "civil war" kinda movie, I think the Watchmen are going to be the closest thing to that we'll get, sorry guys :p

But I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. Who knows where Hollywood/TV will be at in 30 years from now.
 
Last edited:

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I still wonder how they can condense the Watchmen into anything under 5 hours
 

Ganner_Rhysode

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2007
Messages
61
Reaction score
16
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Well, they are trying to do a watchmen-movie for... what now? 15 years? XP
Still, it would be awesome.

@ The Boff:
Seriously? Fillion as Cap? XDD Never thought about THAT. Hey, not a bad choice, but far from perfect.

And a CW-movie? I would be happy about an avengers movie, first. After that, CW could be produced, if the need arises *g*
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Boffer:

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE. I could have a nosebleed imagining what you just mentioned. XD I want a Civil War series. XD That would be so damn cool.
yeah it really would. and i think that it could really appeal to a wider audience than regular comic nerds cause it deals with a veru real issue. registration and control. people can relate to that much easier than lets say a regular comic-movie plotline.

so with the right people writing the scripts and a decent funding they could most probably do a kickass show out of it.

As for a superhero "civil war" kinda movie, I think the Watchmen are going to be the closest thing to that we'll get, sorry guys :p

But I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. Who knows where Hollywood/TV will be at in 30 years from now.
movie... i dont know.. that would be cutting it a bit short... maybe a trilogy.

@ The Boff:
Seriously? Fillion as Cap? XDD Never thought about THAT. Hey, not a bad choice, but far from perfect.
yeah i totally think he could play Cap. sure he would need to bulk up and dye his hair a bit blonder but acting wise i totally think he could do it. the man kicks ass, he's just very underrated.
who do you think could do it better if i might ask?
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I AM ALL OVER THAT.

Seriously, usually I'm all for any sort of release but this has to be HQ or I say the mods delete it. It will be awesome, in fact after it gets its HQ release I propose we commision artists to color ever page.

Mods?
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Sorry manu, forbidding LQ/MQ would kinda be doing a disservice of sorts as well - we're supposed to be a site that helps people get what they want: that includes quick understanding of what's going on in a manga, and most people want LQ/MQs or they'll get too impatient. Anyway a HQ will likely come out, hopefully... :p

DZ, my gosh. That movie is going to kick all kinds of ass, I can see that - potential best movie of the summer for sure. I'm curious, do they indicate anytime during the trailer that Iron Man's identity is publicly known (that people know he's Tony Stark?)
 
Top