The Aichi Alex Thread

Aichi Alex

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 7, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey guys, what's up.
Let's see.... I've been translating from Japanese into English for about two years now, mostly brochures, pamphlets, etc... (although I did translate an entire book on 茶道) :D. I've been learning Japanese for about six years now (I also lived in Japan for two years) but I've only recently started to like manga. My favorite Japanese band is RADWIMPS, (seen them live twice) followed closely by The Blue Hearts, and I guess Ajikan is pretty high up there too... If you want to talk to me about these bands, just drop me a line, I could spend a year talking about RADWIMPS. Anyway, if you have a manga you'd like translated, feel free to drop me a line. So far, I've been charging for all of the translating work I've done, but that's mostly because noone's asked me a to translate a manga that I've liked enough to do for free.

Anyway, if you have any questions for me, or requests, send me a PM or reply to this thread.

Oh yeah, and I don't require furigana to translate :D I've been told that that's a pretty uncommon thing :D:D:D
 

kyubisharingan

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
2,647
Reaction score
103
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
hi, welcome to MH^^

1.WHat got you to learn japanese?
2.where did u learn?
3.Do you have/want a japanese girlfriend? XD
4.Have you heard of this manga yet http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28882? i dont think anyone has translated it yet..would you mind translating that series?
 

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
119
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
hi, welcome to MH^^

1.WHat got you to learn japanese?
2.where did u learn?
3.Do you have/want a japanese girlfriend? XD
4.Have you heard of this manga yet http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28882? i dont think anyone has translated it yet..would you mind translating that series?
Umm.. check here there is a translation AND a Edited Manga of the first chapter out already...

I guess I will go with a music question is J-Rock your favourite musical genre? What makes the radwimps stand out so much as being special?

I'm not the biggest fan, whent it comes to Japanese music I drift towards more jazzy and hiphoppy sounds like Nujabes, Gagle, J.A.M, Kyoto Jazz Massive and many more.I am however a big Happy End and Detroit7 fan (one old one new I guess).
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Nujabes is completely awesome.[/offtopic]

Welcome to MH, I guess, Aichi Alex.

Question: what type of manga do you like, and which are you currently enjoying?
 

Aichi Alex

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 7, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
hi, welcome to MH^^
Thanks, everyones so friendly, I love it here already :D

1.WHat got you to learn japanese?
To tell you the truth I have no idea. When I as in 8th grade, I had no idea what anime or manga or ramen even was, but I new that I wanted to study Japanese in high school more than anything else. Maybe it was because my best friends all throughout primary school were two Japanese kids (twin brother and sister) but I dunno, it's something I've been pondering myself

2.where did u learn?
I started learning in highschool, then in my junior year I moved on to watching middle-school / high-school themed j-drama learning speech patterns and stuff, finally I went to Japan and studied there.

3.Do you have/want a japanese girlfriend? XD
I've had a few, I think that they're great, but I don't have "yellow fever" if you know what I mean. Right now I've got somebody in Japan waiting for me, but it's quite complicated, so I don't know how that's gonna work out.

4.Have you heard of this manga yet http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28882? i dont think anyone has translated it yet..would you mind translating that series?
Never heard of it, I only started reading manga about 6 months ago, I used to think it was all bubbly-eyed girls and space-robots but I've found some that I really like, I'd have to say that GTO is my favorite.

I guess I will go with a music question is J-Rock your favourite musical genre? What makes the radwimps stand out so much as being special?
Wow that's a tough question, If you looked at my itunes library, you'd definitely think that J-rock is my favorite musical genre, but I dunno, I don't really have a favorite Genre, I just like good music (lol) some of my favorite non-j-rock bands include Nujabes, Ratatat, Rodrigo Y Gabriella, Reel Big Fish, the list goes on and on....

I guess the reason I love radwimps the most is that I listened to them with my best friends all throughout my senior year of high-school (which I spent in Japan) and every time I listen to them, it reminds me of the good old days. I'm also a big fan of blink 182 (their old stuff) and radwimps REALLY reminds me of blink.

Question: what type of manga do you like, and which are you currently enjoying?
So far, I like high-school-themed manga the most. (I have by no means read a lot of manga) Right now I'm actually reading a graphic novel called Preacher, it's pretty fucked up, but really interesting, give it a shot if you've got some free time.
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
woah another Rad fan :D

/me points at avatar :D

Also I've translated a few of their songs :p (also own radwimpsfan.com :O )

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27&threadprefix=Songs hehe

anyway, great to see another radfan~

+ umm interesting that your first posts are in here :p. How about translating something? :p

High School manga eh? Hmmm well Tough is a good one (mostly fighting) and ummm well I tend to like Comedy stuff and well... if you want some more recommendations, I'm sure i can find a bunch ;)

welcome to the site, I'm the owner / fellow translator so if you have any questions let me know :ossu
 

animalia

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
60
Reaction score
2
Age
40
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Hi I represent Fighting Dreamers Edited Mangas and I am wondering how much you would charge to translate Volume 8 Chapter 43 of Tokyo Underground here is a link http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=067cf45b96e285f84335233affb70c00
If you like the series enough maybe you would be interested in doing it for free even. In the meantime please reply or PM me with an estimate.
 
Top