Shounen Tegami Bachi by Asada Hiroyuki

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

a question: is a translation or Edited Manga of chapter 10 already done? I wanna catch up :(

anime? too early, won't watch it I think since it'll prolly get an own self made story
 

niphredil

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2007
Messages
433
Reaction score
293
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

for me, right now I'm editing ch10 trans and need to translate the vol 3 info section, can't say when it will be done for sure though, sorry.
 

Mr. Death

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
196
Reaction score
205
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

a question: is a translation or Edited Manga of chapter 10 already done? I wanna catch up :(

anime? too early, won't watch it I think since it'll prolly get an own self made story
Hmm, well my group hasnt done chapter 10 yet, we have no Translation for it yet.

Be Patience its should be ready by mid may if we are lucky.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

for me, right now I'm editing ch10 trans and need to translate the vol 3 info section, can't say when it will be done for sure though, sorry.
Hmm, well my group hasnt done chapter 10 yet, we have no Translation for it yet.

Be Patience its should be ready by mid may if we are lucky.
but don't mistake, I am really thankfull for your hard work and because of that reason I wann read chapter 10 before continuing it

I am not impatient, just keen to read and say a huge thanks to you guys :)
 

Marcius_NCT

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
4
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

Anybody knows which chapters are in the 4th volume ?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

Anybody knows which chapters are in the 4th volume ?
Don't shoot the messenger if I am wrong

but I think 11/12/13 and (14?)
 

Marcius_NCT

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 23, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
4
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

The chapiter 11 is in the 3 rd volume, so it's 12/13/14 (15) ? :p
 

fujitofu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
11
Reaction score
15
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

I think it's going to be chapters 11 through 15 with 5chapters (remember volume 2 also has 5chapters?)

volume 3 is only up to chapter 10
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

I think it's kirimi time to end this chapter/volume discussion, she'll know more :)
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

I'll hazard a guess and say 5 chapters, which is
the entire Man Who Couldn't Become Spirit" arc. That would put the ending at the chapter 16 WTF cliffhanger.

oh, and something I just noticed when I was looking this up: the first chapter to appear in JSQ was chapter 12 ("Corpse Doctor"). and the Monthly Jump run ended with chapter 10. I guess that makes the WJ one-shot "special chapter" unofficially chapter 11, since the chapter itself doesn't have a number.
 

niphredil

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2007
Messages
433
Reaction score
293
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

oh, and something I just noticed when I was looking this up: the first chapter to appear in JSQ was chapter 12 ("Corpse Doctor"). and the Monthly Jump run ended with chapter 10. I guess that makes the WJ one-shot "special chapter" unofficially chapter 11, since the chapter itself doesn't have a number.
There was a chapter 11 in JSQ, that was the first one.
Where Lag and Niche go to deliver the letter to the mother of the lying, failed author. And Niche fails at wearing frilly underwear.
^^;
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

There was a chapter 11 in JSQ, that was the first one.
Where Lag and Niche go to deliver the letter to the mother of the lying, failed author. And Niche fails at wearing frilly underwear.
^^;
dwehhh, I forgot about that one. .... OK never mind, clearly doing taxes fried my brain more than I thought:sweat

sorta related: apparently Asada-sensei got something interesting at his book signing in February.
 

niphredil

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2007
Messages
433
Reaction score
293
Age
40
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

/pats
The evils of taxes outweigh forgetting a chapter in which... nothing happens.

but oh god, that's awesome XD (And am I reading that right, a new project..? Could it be the anime?
4巻のオビとSQ.には嬉しい新企画のお知らせもあります。企画は着々と進行中。
是非楽しみにしていて下さい。)

Edit: uhh nevermind, it was the anime *fool*
 
Last edited:

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

Tegami Bachi anime announcement, sorta.

My guess is OVA.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

I really hope it won't be an anime, let it be a ova so it can stick a bit to manga story


bax no more spoilers :)

I read into all chapters since the gap was filled. Damned I was surprised that gauche/noir would meet lag seeing so fast. Still I hope we'll know more about reverse leader and reverse itself. I also think some strange things somehow seems to match and might be important
 
Last edited:

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
119
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

Now that the gap is bridged I really want to read the chapters but I don't know whose Edited Mangas to read!? I'm confused as to where to start... I shall just read what's on lurk I guess...
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

Well, all of the current Manga Editors are using niphredil's translation anyway :)
but I fully acknowledge that LetterBee is slower than the others at filling in the gaps:sweat so if you want to know what's going on NOW, read any of the others'.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

Well haya it was waiting worth. chapter 14-17 were really great and we got to know more about gauches whereabouts
 

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
119
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

Waiting is not an issue for me! I just want to enjoy this with the best cleaning, redraws and typesetting available! The art is so good it would be a waste to look at it with text just pasted over japanese text when it's not in bubbles (aka no redraws). I would like something akin to the first chapter that Ryoza (the name is too long to be memorised) put out, that was SSSHHHHHQ.
 
Top