- Joined
- Mar 18, 2007
- Messages
- 1,206
- Reaction score
- 8
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
MU won the league as rtyd1 said, and you know my opinion on this. They deserve being champions. Alongside Arsenal, they played the best football, but the gunners lost the flare in the last month. Injuries and a young, limited squad can justify the poor last sprint of Arsenal, while Manchester's strategy of sparing lots of important players for the most important matches ended paying off. I'd bet on MU for the CL final as well.
In Italy, Inter Incredibly lost a major opportunity to become champions. They owned the match but allowed siena to strike 3 times, 2 of them went in. 2 things impressed me in this game: 1-Materazzi may have cost Inter the title. For 2 times he went up to 'help' the team in the attack, and got himself in the way of Julio Cruz's shots. In one of them the ball was going in, but Materazzi fell right in time to block his teammate's shot xD. Later in the 80 minutes, he was awarded a penalty kick for the victorious 3-2, but he allowed Siena's keeper to defend... 2- Balotelli. This kid joined Inter's senior squad in the middle of the season from the Primavera Team of Inter (young squad) and he's being in the 1st 11 very frequently to play as striker. Considering Inter has Crespo and Suazo in the bench to replace him, I'd say he's going to be a true monster in world football. His physical is strong, and his technique is prodigious. He's also a free kick genius and his FK crosses reminded me of beckham's with some amazing and precise curling. Scored 1 and assisted another in this match. Maybe he'll be a surprise nominee for Italy's 23 in Euro Cup.
I saw some highlights of the Copa dos Libertadores. Really nice matches there as well. I was impressed with Boca's win over Cruzeiro. Boca Juniors have lots of talented players. I wouldnt mind at all that FC Porto went shopping there. Rodrigo Palacios, Riquelme and Palermo are some players I'd love to see playing with our strip.
Who do you guys see as favorite for the Euro Cup? Nationalism aside, I really think Spain has what it takes to take the title. They may have wasted alot of chances lately and got themselves eliminated soon, but this year they seem to be playing very well and their team is superb. I dont see any flaws in their squad and to think that Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta, Villa and Torres play in the same team...
EDIT: I just saw Boro's impressive win against City. 8-1! Can you believe it? Was it just bad luck for City, or is Eriksson already thinking on his next challenge? (or both)
In Italy, Inter Incredibly lost a major opportunity to become champions. They owned the match but allowed siena to strike 3 times, 2 of them went in. 2 things impressed me in this game: 1-Materazzi may have cost Inter the title. For 2 times he went up to 'help' the team in the attack, and got himself in the way of Julio Cruz's shots. In one of them the ball was going in, but Materazzi fell right in time to block his teammate's shot xD. Later in the 80 minutes, he was awarded a penalty kick for the victorious 3-2, but he allowed Siena's keeper to defend... 2- Balotelli. This kid joined Inter's senior squad in the middle of the season from the Primavera Team of Inter (young squad) and he's being in the 1st 11 very frequently to play as striker. Considering Inter has Crespo and Suazo in the bench to replace him, I'd say he's going to be a true monster in world football. His physical is strong, and his technique is prodigious. He's also a free kick genius and his FK crosses reminded me of beckham's with some amazing and precise curling. Scored 1 and assisted another in this match. Maybe he'll be a surprise nominee for Italy's 23 in Euro Cup.
I saw some highlights of the Copa dos Libertadores. Really nice matches there as well. I was impressed with Boca's win over Cruzeiro. Boca Juniors have lots of talented players. I wouldnt mind at all that FC Porto went shopping there. Rodrigo Palacios, Riquelme and Palermo are some players I'd love to see playing with our strip.
Who do you guys see as favorite for the Euro Cup? Nationalism aside, I really think Spain has what it takes to take the title. They may have wasted alot of chances lately and got themselves eliminated soon, but this year they seem to be playing very well and their team is superb. I dont see any flaws in their squad and to think that Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta, Villa and Torres play in the same team...
EDIT: I just saw Boro's impressive win against City. 8-1! Can you believe it? Was it just bad luck for City, or is Eriksson already thinking on his next challenge? (or both)
Last edited:


. Nihat has been pretty good, and Tuncay has been playing well for boro and if Emre performs, then they could have a chance of coming 2nd. But i really want to see Nuri Sahin, i hope he lives up to his reputation, although has he been called upto the squad for the euro's?
)