Seinen Black Lagoon by Hiroe Rei

esh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
173
Reaction score
45
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Black Lagoon

I guess this would mean that i-manga is a bit closer to getting to volume 8.
 

HumanRage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Black Lagoon

if i understand correctly the last 3 pages, there isn't even any text translation of the recent chapters since the last scanlated one, 54 ?
 

Mel_Luvz_Anime

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2007
Messages
321
Reaction score
218
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Black Lagoon

I guess this would mean that i-manga is a bit closer to getting to volume 8.

Yes, this means we are getting closer to the post-anime chapters. The ch21-25 release from anonymous spore was unexpected, although I'm not sure if it's for the better. Some have requested we redo those chapters for quality and some have asked to just do the ones they haven't done and skip over them. We are still in the deciding stage of how we should continue Editing. (Although it is confirmed we will scanlate up to ch21 for now)

Comments and suggestions are welcome.
 

HumanRage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
85
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Black Lagoon

i'm not criticizing or anything, i would just like to know :

why redo already done chapters, may they be scanlated poorly or just scanned from the retail volumes ? should i start a Edited Manga coop/team/structure, it would be to ensure "up-to-date" availability of translated material, so people can read it without paying (w.arez spirit), i wouldn't bother at all about already translated chaps.

why would you ?

again, no offense or criticism, i just want to understand, you are not the first scan team doing this.
 

Smudj

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
111
Reaction score
4
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Re: Black Lagoon

Has someone maybe found chapter 63 raw online?

Chapter 65 will be out in Japan on the 19th and I still can't find the raw for 63.:(
 

PB|Ichigo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
211
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Black Lagoon

I can't find 64 either, seems like raw-paradise has droped Black Lagoon, I sure hope not, but everything seems to point in that direction.
I really wanna know, what happened after 62, there was a mayor cliffhanger with Roberta, wanna know, what's going on now!
 

esh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
173
Reaction score
45
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Black Lagoon

^ I hope they haven't dropped it cause I would really like to see what happens.

i'm not criticizing or anything, i would just like to know :

why redo already done chapters, may they be scanlated poorly or just scanned from the retail volumes ? should i start a Edited Manga coop/team/structure, it would be to ensure "up-to-date" availability of translated material, so people can read it without paying (w.arez spirit), i wouldn't bother at all about already translated chaps.

why would you ?

again, no offense or criticism, i just want to understand, you are not the first scan team doing this.
Some groups just want to redo already sone chapters because they were done with LQ/MQ raws, had bad translations, or because the typesetting wasn't done well among other things.
 

Mel_Luvz_Anime

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2007
Messages
321
Reaction score
218
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Black Lagoon

i'm not criticizing or anything, i would just like to know :

why redo already done chapters, may they be scanlated poorly or just scanned from the retail volumes ? should i start a Edited Manga coop/team/structure, it would be to ensure "up-to-date" availability of translated material, so people can read it without paying (w.arez spirit), i wouldn't bother at all about already translated chaps.

why would you ?

again, no offense or criticism, i just want to understand, you are not the first scan team doing this.

I understand why you might think this, like I said we are considering both options: to skip over them and to redo them.

The reason for redoing the chapters will be for better quality: the grammar/language i.e. translation used in Anonymous Spore's releases was not the best. It is acceptable but we scanlate for quality, not "just" for the reason of keeping up with releases. Normally readers appreciate this.

Like I said we havent decided whether we should skip it or not, so the possibility of skipping is just as high as redoing it. At this moment it depends on what readers want.
 

myth0logy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2007
Messages
84
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Black Lagoon

I understand why you might think this, like I said we are considering both options: to skip over them and to redo them.

The reason for redoing the chapters will be for better quality: the grammar/language i.e. translation used in Anonymous Spore's releases was not the best. It is acceptable but we scanlate for quality, not "just" for the reason of keeping up with releases. Normally readers appreciate this.

Like I said we havent decided whether we should skip it or not, so the possibility of skipping is just as high as redoing it. At this moment it depends on what readers want.
I vote for quality!
 

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
Re: Black Lagoon

I can't find 64 either, seems like raw-paradise has droped Black Lagoon, I sure hope not, but everything seems to point in that direction.
I really wanna know, what happened after 62, there was a mayor cliffhanger with Roberta, wanna know, what's going on now!
raw-paradise hasn't dropped black lagoon, cuz there is no 63-64 raws on p2p/winny
 

hitman2510

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 19, 2008
Messages
31
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Black Lagoon

Wow, Anonymous Spore is working fast. Have you guys at i-manga decided whether to redo the chapters for quality, or to move on to the chapters Spore hasn't done yet?
 

Mel_Luvz_Anime

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2007
Messages
321
Reaction score
218
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Black Lagoon

Well since Spore released 26-29 the rest of my group have decided to skip straight to the post-anime chapters. I haven't read this release of Spore's yet so I can't guarantee the quality but at this point it does seem kind of pointless to redo them if readers wouldn't actually read them. We will release 19-20 as our next release and then move on to ch56+ but we will host Spore's releases on our site when we're caught up so it's all good.
 

Kite1080

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
7
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Black Lagoon

I pretty sure about this but the only anime chapters that haven't been scanalated are chapters 30-37 which I think is volume 5. Is i-manga planning to do those or skip them and start off with 56+?
 

Mel_Luvz_Anime

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2007
Messages
321
Reaction score
218
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Black Lagoon

I pretty sure about this but the only anime chapters that haven't been scanalated are chapters 30-37 which I think is volume 5. Is i-manga planning to do those or skip them and start off with 56+?

Well since Spore released twice we're gonna go by the assumption they're gonna do volume 5, and we will skip it and go ahead with 56+. We wouldve done the volume 4-5 gap if spore hadnt released theirs, so now I think its safe to say volume 5 will also be covered pretty soon by them then we'll be doing post-anime chaps and readers and leechers alike should be happy with that.
 
Last edited:

esh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
173
Reaction score
45
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Black Lagoon

Well if your group is going for quality then couldn't your group just release the post anime chapters not done by Anonymous Spore first to satisfy those who were waiting for them. Then, go back and redo the earlier chapters after catching up to the raws since they are taking a bit of time to come out.
 

Se3D03

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
397
Reaction score
72
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Black Lagoon

yup, the scans are done, so basically everything that is in volume format has been caught up. 56+ would be the way to go now, I guess. I really do hope that imanga continues with their 56+ chapter projects of black lagoon, a lotof people have been waiting for that for so long. TNx to anonymous spore(both of them) and imanga for continuing to scan this.
 

hitman2510

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 19, 2008
Messages
31
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Black Lagoon

Yeah, the only 2 chapters left are 19 and 20. After i-manga releases those, presumably they will start 56+. On another note, any word of chapter 63 yet?
 

esh

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
173
Reaction score
45
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Black Lagoon

Guess Anonymous Spore is also going to be doing the last 3 chapters of volume 5 as well.
 
Top