Info DGM DVD Covers & Info

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Re: dgm dvd info

Canada reminds me strongly of Kuwait in this sense. They even stopped someone coming in with a Princess Mononoke DVD!

By the way, Digital Eon, where are the pictures usually released?

I predict the 7th DVD will have Kanda. It's inevitable!! I'm curious to see if we'll get another Noah cover soon. ^_^
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: dgm dvd info

Canada reminds me strongly of Kuwait in this sense. They even stopped someone coming in with a Princess Mononoke DVD!
The irony is that it just arrived today, almost a month after it shipped. XD

By the way, Digital Eon, where are the pictures usually released?
I get the pictures I post from CDJapan/Neowing, the online store that I order the DVDs from. I'm not sure where rhapsody gets hers from, so maybe there...? (The official site seems to be very slow with that sort of thing!)
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: dgm dvd info

I found them on 2ch ^^

anyway, DGM 2nd Stage LE DVD 04 is ranked #7 for the week of June 4th-10th.
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: dgm dvd info

Covers for the 2nd Stage 6 DVD are out.


(Limited Edition)


(Regular Edition)

Ehhh... Not super interesting, but maybe that's just because I'm not a fan of Kanda.

Also, news on the 2nd Stage 8th DVD:
It'll be released on October 1 and contain episodes 80 to 83. The firstpress editions will contain a setting guide, three-fold sleeve case, smokey jacket, and apparently "more" (but since there's only one version, no extra CD or DVD, I guess).
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Re: dgm dvd info

Hmmm.....it could be better, but its quite a good picture for a Kanda fan. XD

It's pretty obvious the twins are going to be on the cover of the 8th DVD. >_>
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: dgm dvd info

I finally found some larger pictures of the DVD covers:
DGM 2nd Stage DVD 05 RE & LE


DGM 2nd Stage DVD 06 RE & LE
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Sweets! There is gong to be a D.Gray-man Complete Best album. :D Thanks for the info, Dofla!


The cover for the 7th DVD has been posted and all I can say is that the Kanda fangirls are going to be happy...

 
Last edited:

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Oh god, not again. *headdesks* Looks like Teeba wins!
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
LOL WUT. How did that happen? XD

Can we say cop-out? I was looking forward to seeing Skinn on a cover!

Cassandra says next cover should be either Krory or Devit and Jasdero. ^_^
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I have a feeling it would be Krory; this season's DVD covers seem to focus a lot on the exorcists.
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
The cover for 2nd Stage 8!


What a surprise? :p

Also, more info on DVDs:

2nd Stage 9: Release date is November 5, 2008. Contains episodes 84 to 87 and apparently, a bonus "D.Gray-Omake" feature (the ones already in the series, I guess). Firstpress editions contain a three-fold sleeve case, smoke jacket packaging, and a special booklet.

2nd Stage 10: Release date is December 3, 2008. Contains episodes 88 to 92 and the same omake thing. Firstpress goodies are the same as 2nd Stage 9.
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
They finally have the Noahs on the cover. Nice...

LJ user crown_clown0 has posted a DDL for the X-mas Drama CD while styroglue has translated the first track. ^^


Information about DGM DVD sales has been posted on 2ch. I am guessing that 初動 is the first week; 2初動 is the second week while 発売日 is the date of the release.

巻数  初動  2週計  発売日
01巻 10,058 12,487 07.02.07 ※年間14,757
02巻 *7,708 *9,533 07.03.07
03巻 *6,380 *7,886 07.04.04
04巻 *5,962 *7,710 07.05.02
05巻 *5,220 *6,062 07.06.06
06巻 *4,417 *5,456 07.07.04
07巻 *3,962 *5,159 07.08.01
08巻 *4,110 *5,142 07.09.05
09巻 *3,756 *4,677 07.10.03
10巻 *3,842 *4,730 07.11.07
11巻 *3,810 **,*** 07.12.05
12巻 *3,467 *3,467 08.01.01 ※初動は2週計
13巻 *3,899 **,*** 08.02.06

*19 -- **4,482 **4,482 **1 D.Gray-man 2nd stage 01〈完全限定生産版〉
*26 -- *3,545 **3,545 **1 D.Gray-man 2nd stage 02
*19 -- **3,554 **3,554 **1 D.Gray-man 2nd stage 03(完全生産限定版)
*23 -- **3,466 **3,466 **1 D.Gray-man 2nd stage 04

一期の最初は一万もあった事にびっくりw
そこからだんだん落ちてきてるけどさ・・・売り上げ的に微妙だね
Here is how the latest DGM DVD sale compared to other anime (SJ?) series:
16,740 *16,740 **1 銀魂 シーズン其ノ参 01(完全生産限定版)
*5,829 **5,829 **1 To LOVEる-とらぶる- ドキ×2エディション Vol.2
*5,325 **5,325 **1 BLEACH 破面・激闘篇 4(完全生産限定版)
*4,141 **4,141 **1 家庭教師ヒットマンREBORN! 日常編【後編】
*3,867 **3,867 **1 D.Gray-man 2nd stage 06〈完全生産限定版〉
 
Last edited:

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Ouch, those are some low sales. They've really plummeted... but at least they're somewhat steady now?
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
^It seems that way.

Since the anime is most likely based on the DVD sales, I guess the sales did not reach expectation (maybe they expected it to be around the same as Reborn?).


According to ANN,

- DGM 2nd Stage DVD 06 (LE) was #7 for the week of Aug. 6th to 12th.
- DGM 2nd Stage DVD 05 (LE) was #2 for the week of July 3rd to 9th.
- DGM 2nd Stage DVD 04 (LE) was #7 during the week of June 4th to 10th.
- DGM 2nd Stage DVD 03 (LE) was #8 during hte week of May 14th to 20th.

Since the DVDs seems to be doing pretty well, I guess the anime's being over is not based entirely on how well the sales are. I recalled reading on 2ch that DGM has trouble with finding sponsors so maybe that's the problem?
 
Last edited:

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
DGM 2nd Stage DVD 07 (LE) is #4 for the week of Sept. 3rd to 9th according to ANN. Though I have to admit, I thought it would rank a little higher with that cover. :amuse
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Information on 2nd Stage 11:

-There will be a regular edition and a limited edition.

-Release date is January 7, 2009.

...No other information! However, the Limited Edition apparently comes with a CD... I guess that's a drama CD?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
...No other information! However, the Limited Edition apparently comes with a CD... I guess that's a drama CD?
CD Japan states that it will be an unreleased soundtrack, but I think I found some more info about the CD on 2ch.

そういやDVD11巻の特典に
「サントラ未収録音源が満載のオリジナルCD」て
書いてあったけど何のBGMが入るのかな
丁度旋律が収録される巻なだけに気になってる
ごめん、子守唄はサントラ3に収録らしいな

>ちょうど今サントラ3のリリースの準備をしています。
>小林沙苗さんの歌う挿入歌をはじめ、1時間を越える
>特大ボリュームな収録数になる予定ですから、
>楽しみに待っててくださいね!
According to 2chers, they believe that it will include the 14th melody (piano version and maybe the vocal version). They also hope that Road, Maria, and Jesdevi's songs will also be included in the CD.
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Ahhh, so basically the unreleased songs from the OST everyone wanted! Guess they'll have to buy the DVD to get-

*rushes to preorder*

Information wasn't up at the time I posted~


2nd Stage 9 cover:

 
Last edited:

Cross Marian

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 25, 2007
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Ohhhhh, Tyki!
 
Top