Discussion The Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
PORTUGAAAAAL! 2-0 against Turkey! Great exhibition we did. We had so much goal attempts the result could have easily been stronger. I was impressed! Czech Republic also won against switzerland, so the stronger teams of group A in theory are setting the pace
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
PORTUGAAAAAL! 2-0 against Turkey! Great exhibition we did. We had so much goal attempts the result could have easily been stronger. I was impressed! Czech Republic also won against switzerland, so the stronger teams of group A in theory are setting the pace
yeah, portugal could have score like 3 more goals. Nuno Gomez hit the post like two times.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
PORTUGAAAAAL! 2-0 against Turkey! Great exhibition we did. We had so much goal attempts the result could have easily been stronger. I was impressed! Czech Republic also won against switzerland, so the stronger teams of group A in theory are setting the pace
I think scolari has found a solution to your striker problem. Just stick pepe upfront, and he'll bang in the goals. XDDD
 

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
I think scolari has found a solution to your striker problem. Just stick pepe upfront, and he'll bang in the goals. XDDD
Ooohhh... so that's why Real Madrid paid 30 kilos for him XD

Argentina 0 - USA 0 : I want those 90 minutes of my life back.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Portugal is looking great and so is Germany.

By the way who is the #1 ranked soccer player in the world right now


sucks Lebanon lost to Saudi Arabia in the 2010 Olympic qualifications
 
Last edited:

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Portugal is looking great and so is Germany.

By the way who is the #1 ranked soccer player in the world right now
Ranking players is always subjective. There are awards like the fifa footballer of the year, and european footballer of the year but sometimes imo they can get quite biased. Right now everybody thinks ronaldo is going to scoop both awards this season. But the euro's i think will decide it. If he has a good tournament than the award is as good as his, but if one of the other contenders does the amazing, like single-handly win the tournament for their country then he might not get it. Kinda like how cannavaro won the award in 06, he is the reason why italy won the WC.

But, no their is no real ranking system i think. Their is a country ranking though, which weirdly england have just taken portugal out of the top ten and beat the dutch to number 9. The wonders of football :D
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I think scolari has found a solution to your striker problem. Just stick pepe upfront, and he'll bang in the goals. XDDD

Hah! I was thinking the exact same thing when Pepe scored like that! Nuno Gomes could try a midfield position though. The striker position isnt his thing... definitely.

Ooohhh... so that's why Real Madrid paid 30 kilos for him XD

Argentina 0 - USA 0 : I want those 90 minutes of my life back.

Strange result. Argentina was looking really fine against Mexico.

Ranking players is always subjective. There are awards like the fifa footballer of the year, and european footballer of the year but sometimes imo they can get quite biased. Right now everybody thinks ronaldo is going to scoop both awards this season. But the euro's i think will decide it. If he has a good tournament than the award is as good as his, but if one of the other contenders does the amazing, like single-handly win the tournament for their country then he might not get it. Kinda like how cannavaro won the award in 06, he is the reason why italy won the WC.
But, no their is no real ranking system i think. Their is a country ranking though, which weirdly england have just taken portugal out of the top ten and beat the dutch to number 9. The wonders of football :D
I subscribe. I dunno what are those rankings based on... and the same goes to this ranking. I mean, this is supposed to be a ranking based on history and statistic, but Chelsea comes in 3rd place. On the portuguese teams, sporting cp comes in much better position than fc porto and benfica, which is a miracle considering they've won a single league title in 24 years...
Most FIFA rankings are pointless.

Holland is winning 2-0 with Italy. A very good match and Holland's impressive. Their 2nd goal was just great. Perfect counter! Both goals were made in Real Madrid
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Italy is down 2 to 0, wow. How did that happen, its only the first game so they better play ridiculously good in their upcoming games. I'm trying my hardest to be interested in Euro but its hard to when my team England ain't in it. This sucks.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
It must be hard to be interested in an international competition when you're country's not in it. I also lost interest in 2002, when Portugal didnt get past the 1st round. Since we're rockin, I'm overexcited with the Euro. The sad part is the university's exams are on fire too...

Italy lost 3-0. It was an exciting match tough, with lots of opportunities for both sides. Holland played better and some of their plays were outstanding. Reminded of the mechanical orange, and the last 2 goals were proof of it. With France's draw, Holland appears as the main candidate to go trough the next stage. Who else will follow?
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
^ good luck with ur exams

so italys game was good, nice I recorded it and I'm gonna watch it when I get home from work. Thanks for the updates
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
i can't believe it italy lost 3-0.
 

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
The 3-0 result didn't reflect what both teams did in the pitch. It could have easily ended 3-2 or even 3-3, but Italy was unlucky in attack. Holland won after 29 years against Italy, their last victory was in the '78 world cup.
France 0 - Romania 0: You'd day this is really bad for France, since both Italy and Holland will most likely win against Romania, but I think this will hurt Italy more. Why? Simple. Becuase France will have to win against Italy to pass the group stage and they will imo.
My prediction of group C:
-1° Holland 7
-2° France 5
-3° Italy 3
-4° Romania 1
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
^ good luck with ur exams
Tks, I guess I'll need it :P

The 3-0 result didn't reflect what both teams did in the pitch. It could have easily ended 3-2 or even 3-3, but Italy was unlucky in attack. Holland won after 29 years against Italy, their last victory was in the '78 world cup.
France 0 - Romania 0: You'd day this is really bad for France, since both Italy and Holland will most likely win against Romania, but I think this will hurt Italy more. Why? Simple. Becuase France will have to win against Italy to pass the group stage and they will imo.
My prediction of group C:
-1° Holland 7
-2° France 5
-3° Italy 3
-4° Romania 1
I also think the outcome of the France vs Italy will decide who will go to the next stage. Still, Italy would only need a draw, while France needs a win (considering Romenia is doomed to loose the next 2 games). If Italy plays with all of their known coldness, they've got superior chances than France. Still, I can't help to feel the possibility of a miracle in this group. I'm sure you remember Euro 2000, when Portugal, England, Germany and Romenia were stuck in the same group. At that time, Portugal was a total outsider, just like Romenia, while England and Germany were huge favorites to win the title. Guess what? Portugal-1st, Romenia-2nd, Germany and England went home sooner. Considering France and Italy were favorites in this cup and the 1st match's results, I wouldnt count out a huge surprise from Romenia :P
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
spain just whop the russians ass. 4-1. I hope they can play like this throughout the tournament.
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
why isn't Henry starting for France, is he that old? You know when I first heard that Henry was going to Barcelona I went crazy thinking him, Messi and Ronaldinho are gonna kick ass but only Messi started , Henry couldn't get in his grove and Ronaldinho just, well I dont know what happen to him, did he get injured or what.
 

Mendes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I didnt watch the Spain vs Russia, but that result was impressive! Russia is a very strong team and very well managed. Villa scored 3 goals... I guess Spain are serious!

As for Henry, he was getting used to Barça in the latest matches, but his adaptation progress in Spain was tough. The competition for the striker position was very hard, and Barça didnt change the formation because of him. With the 4-3-3, Barça's attack was set with Messi, Ronaldinho and Eto'o. Henry failed to impressed when either Eto'o or Ronaldinho were injured. Ronaldinho is just in terrible shape right now. Lack of confidence and... stuff. He just stopped playing. Kinda justifies Barça's shameful season.

Today Sweeden also beat Greece, with 2-0 and a thunderous goal by Zlatan! You gotta love him, he's superb! Tomorrow's schedule for the Euro presents a Portugal-Czech Republic. This game may decide the 1st team to go trough the next stage. I'm pretty confident in our chances. We played very good in the 1st match and Czech played really bad with Switzerland. Aside from their Italy-made defense, I dont think they're too dangerous
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
I didnt watch the Spain vs Russia, but that result was impressive! Russia is a very strong team and very well managed. Villa scored 3 goals... I guess Spain are serious!

As for Henry, he was getting used to Barça in the latest matches, but his adaptation progress in Spain was tough. The competition for the striker position was very hard, and Barça didnt change the formation because of him. With the 4-3-3, Barça's attack was set with Messi, Ronaldinho and Eto'o. Henry failed to impressed when either Eto'o or Ronaldinho were injured. Ronaldinho is just in terrible shape right now. Lack of confidence and... stuff. He just stopped playing. Kinda justifies Barça's shameful season.

Today Sweeden also beat Greece, with 2-0 and a thunderous goal by Zlatan! You gotta love him, he's superb! Tomorrow's schedule for the Euro presents a Portugal-Czech Republic. This game may decide the 1st team to go trough the next stage. I'm pretty confident in our chances. We played very good in the 1st match and Czech played really bad with Switzerland. Aside from their Italy-made defense, I dont think they're too dangerous
Thanks, basically Henry should of stayed with Arsenal and Ronaldinho is lazy, he doesnt have the heart for the game like he use to. Sucks, that would of been a crazy match in UEFA if both Ronandinho and Henry were starters and faced Man U. Too bad, we still would of won:tem
 

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
spain just whop the russians ass. 4-1. I hope they can play like this throughout the tournament.
Hehehe, looks like my prediction will come true.

Pd: IIIIIIIIBRAAAAAAAIIIIIIIMOOOOOOVIIIIIIIIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Im with the czech on this one. Portugal are not my cup of tea. :oh
 

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
Im with the czech on this one. Portugal are not my cup of tea. :oh
your with Czech? Is it truethat not one team scored a goal against them inthe world cup
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top