Shounen - Tista by Endou Tatsuya | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Tista by Endou Tatsuya

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Tista is a new series that began in the newly launched JUMP SQ magazine. The mangaka is Endou Tatsuya, who debuted in JUMP back in 2000 with a one-shot story. He's had a few other one-shots, but this is his first big-time series! If Endou-sensei's artwork looks somewhat familiar, that may be because he is the disciple of Kanou Yasuhiro, mangaka of Mx0 currently running succesfully in Weekly JUMP.

So, what is Tista about? Don't be fooled by the cover image. This is no flowery, cutesy manga. The series is set in New York City, and the main character is a young girl named Tista. In the day, she is a shy, introvert, church-going student whose ambition in life is to become a teacher. At night, she assassinates criminals as her alter-ego, Sister Militia. A special feature of her eyes give her the ability to spot a target from miles away, be it moving or stationary. Once she's spotted her target, it's one-shot one-kill. Why is Tista killing for the church? What happened to her father? How did she get those eyes?

To find out more about the adventures of Tista, get the first chapter here and the latest chapter at the RTS section!

p.s. Please remember to use the [no parse][/no parse] to avoid spoiling the most recent chapter for other readers ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Re: Tista by Endou Tatsuya - Discussion

Well I liked first chapter and I am looking forward to read more of it...

I wonder how the story will continue later on

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I couldn't read past page 6 how bad the pages were edited.

I'm not a fan of lq Edited Mangas.

I think I'll comment when I finish my own Edited Manga. One that doesn't look like jello.

haya5h1

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Re: [SQ] Tista by Endou Tatsuya - Discussion

I REALLY like the look of this one; it's one of the few that I'm definitely going to keep up with. The first chapter seemed a little cliched, but that's OK. I wonder if
Arty (Archie?) is going to show up in future chapters... and I wonder if he's still going to be able to draw.

Vato Loco!

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

So, Artie showed up in the second chapter. Which is pretty cool since I was hoping to have some decent character development instead of it turning into Tista going from city to city killing random criminals like any other vigilante manga might turn into.

richvh

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Why would she go from city to city? She's NYC's serial killer/shinigami; no indication that she's had a history of going from city to city in the past.

Vato Loco!

Reaction score
Country
United States

Why would she go from city to city? She's NYC's serial killer/shinigami; no indication that she's had a history of going from city to city in the past.
Well, it seems that she only works as she's commanded. She isn't just some rogue that does investigation and randomly goes off and kills people doing bad business. She has to get an order to be able to act. As such, with an organization backing and hiding her, you'd think she'd have to work at their beckon call. I mean, having a hired hand with her eyes is not something so commonly found so I doubt they have many other hands stationed in other big cities helping to regulate their crime rates. Lastly, she's done one of the stupidest things any assassin could do, which is, she's given a way an identifiable name (alias or no) and she's had an image rendered of herself with a living witness to her existence as sister militia. I'd assume whatever organization is backing her would want to move her as quickly as possible in order to avoid any risk the witness might bring by doing something like involving the police (I'd assume the police would want to catch some vigilante killing people).

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I don't speak Japanese or anything, but chapter two looked massively awesome.

Can't wait to start working on it :D

richvh

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

I don't think she's told anyone about the picture, or the witness, and the witness isn't talking, either (though he is looking for her.)

Vato Loco!

Reaction score
Country
United States

Even if she hasn't, if the police in this manga are competent then they should be able to at least track down Artie. I doubt he'll be as good at hiding his tracks like tista or the organization can. Especially with his hand bleeding all over the place. That's nothing but his DNA all over the floor. Not to mention his prior affiliation with the museum would make him an amazing suspect for the police to interrogate. And again, if the police are competent then they'll easily be able to manipulate a kid into divulging any information he might have about the blood bath that took place.

The fact is that there is evidence that she exists, which means she can be tracked. It just takes the correct amount of grunt work to do it.

richvh

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Arty isn't hiding, he's just telling the police that he was unconscious the whole time and didn't see anything.

haya5h1

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

I was under the impression that Sister Militia is assigned to take out criminals that the law can't touch, which implies that the organization that backs her is working with the silent approval of higher-ups at the NYPD. (although the latest chapter suggests differently -
who was that target that SisMilitia took out in ch2? the one who was being guarded by police? /language failure

richvh

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

The first one was a councilman, Carter... the second one was named Erikson (or similar), had something to do with ESU (whatever that is) and had (I think) taken a bribe. If there's anything giving his position, I didn't notice it during my transcription or in a quick scan of it. Maybe I'll find it during translation, maybe there just isn't anything beyond the name.

Correction - the ESU is the Emergency Service Unit of the NYPD protecting the corrupt official, Erikson, from Sister Militia.

Last edited:

Twi

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Where's chapter 7