Shounen Psyren by Iwashiro Toshiaki

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
1,447
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Well, for the number of characters that still need to be established (fleshed out i mean), it's no surprise the author is taking his time on exposition. If he just threw them back into game 3 we'd be watching fireworks but it'd be no more intelligent than dbz.
 

Cassius

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
150
Reaction score
363
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Psyren is death in nexts weeks? I Don't know...But i think that this manga could be an excellent manga in the future...

Neuro
Yûsha
Psyren
Sket Dance
Jaguar
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

I don't think it will get canned any time soon. As it stands now, I see no possible way of having a clean finish with current events. Way too many loose ends.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Well nothing to do about it. Manye will depend on psyrens volume 2 sell. If that won't sell too then I fear a bit for psyren. Though I think sket dance might be dropped faster than psyren. Why? Psyren is still younger and there's a potential, so let's see and wait but with current events I think it would be sadly to end it :(
 

Dorothy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
307
Reaction score
32
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Well nothing to do about it. Manye will depend on psyrens volume 2 sell. If that won't sell too then I fear a bit for psyren. Though I think sket dance might be dropped faster than psyren. Why? Psyren is still younger and there's a potential, so let's see and wait but with current events I think it would be sadly to end it :(
I agree, I think that Psyren is too young to die just now! :( I hope that the second volume will get a high position in the selling charts! :darn
 

Cassius

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
150
Reaction score
363
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Psyren Volume Cover Thread

Uhm bad news...The top of this week...Well i think that the end of Psyren is near..State of sales and low positions in toc are an evidence

1 - Bleach 34 (Shueisha)
2 - Shojo Material (Wani)
3 - Gintama 24 (Shueisha)
4 - Hana Yori Dango 37 (Shueisha)
5 - Oishinbo 102 (Shogakukan)
6 - Gaku 7 (Shogakukan)
7 - XXX Holic 13 (Kodansha)
8 - Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar 15 (Shueisha)
9 - Mobile Suit Gundam - The origin 17 (Kadokawa)
10 - Hatsukoi Limited 3 (Shueisha)
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

moved it to this topic but this is only the first weekof july, no? Do all manga come out at the same time? or could it be psyren will come out one week later?

because on yesasia.com bleach v34, gintama v24 are available, but psyren v2 not yet -> whille its first volume came out. So no other date release?
 
Last edited:

Cassius

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
150
Reaction score
363
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Is the rank of 30 to 6 July, The top of shueisha of this month go out at final of july. All takobon go out 4th july, but Bleach or Gintama are most important than Psyren
 
Last edited:

darkdana666

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
238
Reaction score
183
Gender
Female
Country
Serbia
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Ow~ Psyren got it own part of the forum! Yay! I didn't notice until now.... *lousy lurker instinct*
 

SV XII

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 9, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Honestly, I think the best chance for Psyren's survival is volume 3, assuming it's still running by the time that volume is released. Not a whole lot really happened between the first and second time they went to Psyren, which is what volume 2 covers. The next one will introduce Oboro and Kabuto, contain most/all of the fight with Tatsuo, and the first use of Melchsee's Door. If it can just hold out long enough I think the next volume will sell much better than the first two. Hopefully they'll see that too and not cancel it before that has a chance to happen, I think this manga has too much potential for that.
 
Last edited:

Cassius

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
150
Reaction score
363
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

The next volume, third, will be on sale first week of october but i don't know if psyren still continue...Also i think that principal problem of psyren isn't the history or characters, the problem is the promotion of shueisha, one example is Double arts that in his thirteenth chapter has one cover with 45 pages, psyren could have had the same thing.
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

The next volume, third, will be on sale first week of october but i don't know if psyren still continue...Also i think that principal problem of psyren isn't the history or characters, the problem is the promotion of shueisha, one example is Double arts that in his thirteenth chapter has one cover with 45 pages, psyren could have had the same thing.
I agree.

They don't give much exposure to the new series unless they catch on real quick... If they don't hit the top 10 within their first real rating, then it's moved to the side for other series.

This is why we can't have nice things ... XD ...


FUCK YOU JUMP
 

darkdana666

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
238
Reaction score
183
Gender
Female
Country
Serbia
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Well, it can't be helped. Psyren is more popular with non-japanese fans. And let's face it, we don't really boost the sales....
 

caesarpk

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
423
Reaction score
247
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Well, it can't be helped. Psyren is more popular with non-japanese fans. And let's face it, we don't really boost the sales....
Sounds like another Mx0...
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Sounds like another Mx0...
and believe we were both so keen on that manga :D are we unlucky?

Anyway for me psyren is 10.000 times better than mieru hito. I wouldn't like if it was dropped because there's a good story in it (something bleach lacks imo). So let's hope these places are based on the pretty boring chapters before melchees door or after it. let's hope the story pace will be accepted and volumes sell better and we can all be happy :p
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

I can't believe how low Psyren is considering the fact that all the latest chapters have been interesting. Just wondering, does anyone know what Bleach's early rankings were (seeing as the two series are somewhat similar)?

Anyway, here's hoping there'll be a small interesting arc before the third round. There should be some psi fighting outside of Psyren.
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

I can't believe how low Psyren is considering the fact that all the latest chapters have been interesting. Just wondering, does anyone know what Bleach's early rankings were (seeing as the two series are somewhat similar)?

Anyway, here's hoping there'll be a small interesting arc before the third round. There should be some psi fighting outside of Psyren.
http://members15.tsukaeru.net/hamada/jump/
 

Dorothy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2007
Messages
307
Reaction score
32
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

I TOTALLY don't undertsand japanese tastes...
I like Mx0 and it's finished. I like Belmonde and it was horribly dropped. I really don't know WHAT they like apart One Piece, Bleach, Naruto and all the series of thousands chapters! -_- Psyren is a very interesting manga and I hope it will continue, I can't endure that it could be dropped too! *_*
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

over here too: belmonde and mx0 those were great manga. Psyren started a bit slow but I got positive feelings because I like the authors art and his previous work mieru hito. Imo psyren has more content depth than mieru hito. It even beats the brainless entertaining bleach, but yeah will we ever understand?

Though it's not dropped atm and let us all wait and see -> cheer or panic?
 

Quetz

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
496
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Sounds like another Mx0...
Quoted for fuckin truth, I dont' want to deal with this series getting cancelled int he same way..

I think the real question is how detective conan has 650+ chapters and counting....I can't stand the plot of that manga
 
Top