Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Entertainment factor> all
agreed.

speaking of adam sandler, I don't think he's crap. He's a really funny man. But he gets too planar, or predictable.

If adam sandler can pull off an action movie, or suspense, he'd be grade A. Take Johnny Depp, for example. The man can be anybody!
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If adam sandler can pull off an action movie, or suspense, he'd be grade A. Take Johnny Depp, for example. The man can be anybody!

He has been in an action comedy, I forgot what it was called, but it had Damon Wayans as the other main star. It was alright, but Adam Sandler and Damon Wayans aren't too believable as action stars.

Edit: it was twelve years ago and was called Bulletproof. So yeah, I see your point one action movie in what, damn near 20 years of acting. All the rest pretty much comedies and at most a dramadie. Still I loved Happy Gilmore.
 
Last edited:

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
jeffu's right, you guys need to see sandler's more serious roles. he was good in reign over me, but his best performance was in punch-drunk love.

@baboy
you liked wanted, eh? check out the first two movies of the night watch trilogy. you'll start to understand how much of an insane genius timur bekmambetov is.

@hollow
am i seriously the only person who thinks shia lebeouf is a bad actor?

p.s. i thought chuck and larry was pretty awful. it was just a bunch of crappy, homophobic jokes under the guise of tolerance. same kind of thing was going on in don't mess, but i did think it was better (partly in thanks to turturro and chriqui, who was the hotness on entourage). his earlier movies weren't quite as cheap.
 

OP ROX

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
any1 watch the New NAruto movie.... and im gonno watch the mummy 3 this weekend :D cant waitt heard its pretty good
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
any1 watch the New NAruto movie.... and im gonno watch the mummy 3 this weekend :D cant waitt heard its pretty good


The one with Sasuke??Im gonna go watch Mummy today or tomorow maybe,well I realy wanna see John Hannah,the guy was hilarious and Jet Li,but as imdb said its terrbile,I hope they were wrong,but well just have to find out and to bad Rachel Weisz aint playin,I realy like to look at her :D

j
@hollow
am i seriously the only person who thinks shia lebeouf is a bad actor?


Probably no,there are many who dont think hes a good actor,but Ive seen only one movie with him,the Transformers and he did a fantastic job as a geeky/looser guy :D I realy likked the way he played,no homo.
 

Az3r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
602
Reaction score
72
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I get to watch Wanted last night, and I have to say it's just an ordinary no brainer summer action movie. The plot is plain and no shocking twist (the Star Wars and the everything-is-not-what-it-seems syndrome). Fancy special effects though, and the face Morgan Freeman's making at the end is priceless.
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Just saw "Transporter 3" http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=mL3K_ITu7Qw trailer and another "Punisher" http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=wkxLWWiz5O8 trailerbut it was more like a music video tho,some sick shit there I tink you should check that out.

I get to watch Wanted last night, and I have to say it's just an ordinary no brainer summer action movie. The plot is plain and no shocking twist (the Star Wars and the everything-is-not-what-it-seems syndrome). Fancy special effects though, and the face Morgan Freeman's making at the end is priceless.
Yeah,I never seen Morgan like that,the only time I heard him curse was once in "Danny the dog" but yeah the end was great :D
 

princ3ling

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 8, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
How 'bout The Mummy-The Resurrection of The Dragon Emperor

They got Jet Li in it

People. . .it's awesome

:gigglebunny
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Saw Disturbia,man,Shia,I said it before and Ill say it again,what a great actor and what a great movie,brought much entisipation,hope I got that word corectly :) It seems I was watching Prison Break with all this excitment,realy great,smart movie,I wish Shia recovers.


How 'bout The Mummy-The Resurrection of The Dragon Emperor

They got Jet Li in it

People. . .it's awesome

:gigglebunny

Ima go see it tomorow probably.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I was actually disappointed with Disturbia. Not because of Shia's acting, but because of the movie as a whole. I thought it would require some brain power but it turned out to be just another teenage movie. -_-;
 

kaliayev

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
951
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
United States
disturbia was terrible. there were so many poorly handled plot holes, though i will admit i liked the asian guy.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
the asian guy was the same one in the movie 21 right?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Yes... Always a supporting role...
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Watched 40 year old virgin,blah,I dont was some funny scenes and everything,I dont know fun movie thats it :) I was dyin for him to get laid and so I could finish the movie,it was nice,but I liked Evan Almighty a bit more then this one.

Note:I say that cause of the actor,Steve Carell cause he played in both movies :) Damn I so want to see Get Smart,but my country doesnt have it yet,can you believe they are gonna show Pinaple express in October and Hellboy only at the end of August,thats bullshit to me.

the asian guy was the same one in the movie 21 right?
Yeah the same.

disturbia was terrible. there were so many poorly handled plot holes, though i will admit i liked the asian guy.
Yeah he was funny but the Ashley and Shia were better for me and I knew that the asian kid was jokin in the closet,I knew it.Personaly I realy liked it,maybe because I havent seen a good movie in a while,but I realy did like it,yes it was another teenage movie,but it was different,actualy in the begining when he poped his teacher I thought hed be a bit different,like quet all the time,but man hes funny and all stuff I thought that Shia in that movie will find the one who made the car crash in the begining but sure wasnt,anyway I liked it 7-8/10 for that movie.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I just saw The Pick of Destiny today, and I've gotta say that it's really really mediocre. Yeah, it had its moments, but the movie as a whole wasn't very entertaining.

The Pick of Destiny: 5/10
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
The Pick Of Destiny is, you know, not good at all as a movie. But just so happens, Jack Black is a pretty damn good singer and there are some nice cameos. But as you said it's not that entertaining either. All the jokes are exaggerated and childish, and not in a good way, the plot is pretty bad, etc. So yeah, it's pretty much mediocre, deserves a 5/10.

So, should I take it as I should watch Disturbia? Or not?
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
No. Disturbia is another waste of time....
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
no, shia lebouf is a waste of time...
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Agreed... I hate Lewis' guts...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I love shia though. :oh
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top