Recent content by 4649

  1. Discussion Jump's 6 - 66 Days Later

    We Never Learn - It's clean fun. I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I think it's going to run into problems if it becomes a long series though. They are already in third year and there can only be so many tests. Most manga will drag out one school year over multiple real life years...
  2. Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Just finished reading the cycling oneshot Kumori Climb. Story was a bit jumpy at spots but I thought it was pretty good oneshot. I'm not a huge sports manga fan so three sports series is more than enough for me though, so I wouldn't really want to see it serialized in the near future.
  3. Hangout Current Favourite J-Song

    Been listening to a bunch of slower female lead rock/r&b lately.
  4. Discussion Favorite J, K, C-Music Covers / Covers vs. Original

    Cover of the classic song Timeless Melody by the La's sung by the Kettles in Japanese. The two person band covered some Western classic songs but has some good original stuff too.
  5. Done Is there an English equivalent of スベリ芸?

    Thanks. I hate using romaji and try to avoid whenever possible; looks like it's unavoidable here. At least it will make the puns somewhat easier.
  6. Done Is there an English equivalent of スベリ芸?

    Is there a word in English for スベリ芸. Or if I just changed it to romaji would an English speaking audience understand? It's when a comedian tries to make the audience laugh and then bombs (すべる). Then from that silence the audience laughs. Kind of it's so bad it's funny. I'm terrible at...
Top