Recent content by Anax

  1. Anax

    Rest in Peace Thread

    Re: Addicted to cookies (Bastogne)! Ahahaha, you're unbelievable Koen! Not all Greeks are the same you know :p Actually I didn't name myself Anax >.> Back when I was 16 I was brainstorming aliases and picked a huge, unfunny one. I was hanging around Americans who tend to shorten everything...
  2. Anax

    Done Help needed with some Greek words(possibly archaic)

    The historical note looks excellent, thumbs up! :ossu If any readers out there are geeky enough to care to read it, they'll at least know that we poured some effort in making it, eh? :amuse Nevertheless, there's a small correction I need to make, in the Greek text. I don't have ancient Greek...
  3. Anax

    Done Help needed with some Greek words(possibly archaic)

    Man, am I hyper! I was taking a shower when it hit me: The mangaka probably saw the words written in some romanized form and adapted them in kana. This means that the letter "χ" (chi) which sounds like "h" in horse, would have been written as "ch" which sounds more or less like "k" in kill. Add...
  4. Anax

    Done Help needed with some Greek words(possibly archaic)

    The full RAW would be much appreciated Lucifiel :3 I don't really speak Jap, but I have friends who do and I wanna go over some parts with them. Also, I have a question: Do you want to the info for a translation note or to add the original Greek in the speech bubbles? Lastly, if indeed Niigata...
  5. Anax

    Done Help needed with some Greek words(possibly archaic)

    Hey there :3 It's fun to see Greek in a manga and I used to think I'd be of much use in a case like this. Boy, was I wrong >.> This is indeed like decoding... The Japanese see a Greek word, then they think it's pronounced some way and then they turn it into katakana. Riiiight. Either way...
  6. Anax

    Language What Languages do you know?

    Interesting thread GK :P Well, I only speak Greek and English, sadly. I do want to learn more though, and have plans for that after uni is over :tem
  7. Anax

    Luffy vs. Zoro! Who would win?

    Mr. Popo and I agree. Seriously, the guy summed up in a paragraph what would have taken me pages to convey :XD I only need to elaborate on two points. One is purpose. Why would those two fight? In OP a character's "drive" is what decides the outcome of most battles, not their sheer "stats"...
  8. Anax

    Unknown Zanpakutou Abilities

    Re: Kenpachi's Bankai The fact that Kenpachi doesnt' know the name of his sword is true (at least up to the chapter I've read, around 250). However, Kubo as a writer could easily work his way around that. For example Zaraki could have seen the name in his dreams or it could be that his "heart"...
  9. Anax

    MH's Fujoshi Corner ♥ sponsored by eni!

    Re: MH's Fujoshi Corner d(^o^)b 8[ ] Damn age limits to hell! :yelling Don't worry Eni, you're not too old :hug By the way, I'm soo jealous you're starting Japanese lessons! :nuts One day... one day I'll speak Japanese too :shakefist
  10. Anax

    Books The Great Books! ( And What Are You Currently Reading? )

    Currently I just finished Necroscope by Brian Lumley, moved on to Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett and I'd move on to Reaper Man if I hadn't accidentally read it before Moving Pictures, out of love and adoration for Death :j/k Hmm... I've run out of Discworld novels. Iluvatar bought me...
  11. Anax

    Feedback The new Shoutbox Format!

    Quoted for truth, nothing to add :ossu
  12. Anax

    Discussion Strongest character in One Piece?

    Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ? My opinion is that even by the end of the series, not even Luffy will be that man, simply because he won't have to fight everyone. Just like he didn't have to fight Perona. Yes she was a joke character, yes she was there only to boost Ussop's...
  13. Anax

    Discussion Strongest character in One Piece?

    Re: Who's the most strongest guy in op ? First of all, to simply answer the question the way I see it: "There is no strongest character". At first I was about to agree with Jammer's thoughtful and realistic approach, when I realized that One Piece is just too far from being realistic. It's...
  14. Anax

    347 - yuri panel by DD

    Another magnificent piece of work DD! You really blew life into them :D
  15. Anax

    How did you come across MangaHelpers?

    Re: How did u come across MANGAHELPERS!?!?!?!? A while ago, when the words "manga" and "anime" were synonyms in my head, I decided to download Naruto chapters because they were smaller (one hell of a lot smaller) than episodes and my connection wasn't all that good. Why did I want to read...
Top