- Joined
- Jun 22, 2007
- Messages
- 20
- Reaction score
- 1
- Gender
- Hidden
- Country
-
Hi, I'm not the translator but since she's busy, I'm posting here on her behalf.
Well, in this certain manga(Banana Bread), we've run into some issues, mainly concerning some Greek words. The tler btw, thinks the "the Prof is describing the meaning of the words themselves".
Context(script): http://www.geocities.com/kat_fighter22/bananap.html
These are the words we've already figured out by asking someone or on our own:
Ara theos(άρα θεός): "therefore (is a) god"
and
andoragaton= andragathia(ανδραγάθημα): "deed of valour/gallant deed"
Now, there's "men"(メン which I think is μὲν), gesutai(ゲスタイ) and karepon (カレポン). Neither the tler nor I have been able to figure out what these words mean and I don't know how to convert the last 2 Japanese sounds into Greek words. I did look up μὲν on Strong's dictionary for the Greek Old Testament and these were the closest matches but now I'm stuck:
http://strongsnumbers.com/greek/3304.htm
http://strongsnumbers.com/greek/3305.htm
http://strongsnumbers.com/greek/3306.htm
We'd probably need some help with figuring out the phrase "Ara teos gesutai karepon." as well.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Well, in this certain manga(Banana Bread), we've run into some issues, mainly concerning some Greek words. The tler btw, thinks the "the Prof is describing the meaning of the words themselves".
Context(script): http://www.geocities.com/kat_fighter22/bananap.html
These are the words we've already figured out by asking someone or on our own:
Ara theos(άρα θεός): "therefore (is a) god"
and
andoragaton= andragathia(ανδραγάθημα): "deed of valour/gallant deed"
Now, there's "men"(メン which I think is μὲν), gesutai(ゲスタイ) and karepon (カレポン). Neither the tler nor I have been able to figure out what these words mean and I don't know how to convert the last 2 Japanese sounds into Greek words. I did look up μὲν on Strong's dictionary for the Greek Old Testament and these were the closest matches but now I'm stuck:
http://strongsnumbers.com/greek/3304.htm
http://strongsnumbers.com/greek/3305.htm
http://strongsnumbers.com/greek/3306.htm
We'd probably need some help with figuring out the phrase "Ara teos gesutai karepon." as well.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
).




further googled a name in the text written in English (Simonides) and we ended up 
But at least she knew what she was talking about and even managed to do that much homework, instead of randomly pulling off some lines from some random book. 
If any readers out there are geeky enough to care to read it, they'll at least know that we poured some effort in making it, eh?
If you check back to my post regarding the root of 'andoragaton' you'll see I made a mistake myself. I treated is as a single word ended with an omega, making it a past participle