Recent content by bonerfuneral

  1. bonerfuneral

    Intro, I guess?....

    Wow, I really need to catch up, then. Thanks :) I'll Have to read it. I'm still hooked so far. I like the kind of mystery aspect going on.
  2. bonerfuneral

    Intro, I guess?....

    Oh man, Berserk is really good! I need to get around to watching the movie that's out. ---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ---------- I just started reading the first couple of chapters of 20th Century Boys after your reccomendation, and I'm hooked. I'm...
  3. bonerfuneral

    I would like to become a professional manga artist/writer! Help?

    Gonna add to this that perspective is really important too. I took a fundamental's course to build a portfolio for what I'm doing in school now (Graphic and packaging design.) which included one class devoted entirely to the different methods of perspective. Learning a proper use of colour is...
  4. bonerfuneral

    Intro, I guess?....

    It sure is an attention-grabber. I love using is for online games, what rubs more salt in your wounds than being beaten by bonerfneral? lol :) Will do! ---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ---------- We have a beautiful friendship. I actually read a...
  5. bonerfuneral

    Intro, I guess?....

    I just read Ganbare Genki (Joe kind of gave me a boxing kick). Kurumada's Aoi Tori no Shinwa is also another sports favourite. I'm not terribly into shoujo, but a friend got me to read Claudine...! and I thought it was wonderful. I'm also really getting into Osamu Tezuka, my favourite so far is...
  6. bonerfuneral

    Intro, I guess?....

    Thanks for the heads up, I'll check both out :)
  7. bonerfuneral

    I would like to become a professional manga artist/writer! Help?

    Take a life drawing class. Seriously, do it. Too many manga artists get caught up in unrealistic proportions, and taking a figure drawing class can really help you learn about the proportion of the human body. I had some serious problems with proportion until I did. If you're a little squeamish...
  8. bonerfuneral

    Intro, I guess?....

    Hi, I'm Becky. I'm primarily a cleaner, redrawer, and typesetter (To which my typography teacher would be glad I finally used his lessons for something.), but part of the reason I joined was also to improve my translation skills. (Haven't brushed up on my Japanese in a couple of years.) I...
  9. bonerfuneral

    How did you come across MangaHelpers?

    Came across it looking for scans of a manga I really wanted to read. And staying in hopes of getting a group together to translate it, along with brushing up on my meager translation skills.
Top