Recent content by come come paradise

  1. come come paradise

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Big thanks to both of you! That Jajanken site is exactly what I was looking for :)
  2. come come paradise

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

    Bit out of left field but I haven't followed Jump TOC rankings properly in a decade and I'm curious as to how the series I've enjoyed since were doing during their publication -- does anyone know if there's a compilation of TOC rankings over the years somewhere? I remember seeing excel tables...
  3. come come paradise

    Publisher Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings (2009-2015)

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings That would be three actually, started May 30th. I still think 500k+ is impressive.
  4. come come paradise

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Actually I'm not so sure, I saw the choice to prolong Bleach after the end of Aizen more like a decision from the editorial department than Kubo himself. A bit like they were deciding to let Naruto end (it's heading there) and make up for it by stretching Bleach as far as they can. Because...
  5. come come paradise

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Disrespect was not my intention, I just meant that Kochikame is kept in Jump for reasons other than pure rankings, which is the route Bleach might be headed if it continues this way. I just added the "without a fanbase" because unlike KochiKame, Bleach doesn't have that aura of legend behind it...
  6. come come paradise

    Favorites Best Anime/Manga Mother

    I'm going to have to go with Masaki Kurosaki from Bleach ~ Not because she sacrificed herself for him, that part doesn't get to me that much. But because she's a woman said to radiate with happiness, smiling always so as not to make her children sad, only caring about making them happy in short...
  7. come come paradise

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Just posting because there's history in the making and I want to show I was there xD Nah seriously, I've never been one to care much about Bleach rankings - I like the series but I feel it's gotten plenty enough popularity as it is. But Bottom 5 is still a blow... Never expected that one. It's...
  8. come come paradise

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    It's not exactly a new thing; I started Editing Naruto early 2008 and his page-count/chapter was already 17 in those days. I'm too lazy to go and figure out when exactly he went from 19 to 17, but it seems he's been enjoying this 'privilege' (or not, idk) for a long time. Maybe he's just more...
  9. come come paradise

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    *17 pages ^^" Series getting more pages is a regular occurrence, but funnily enough it hardly ever happens to the Big 3. I see it as more of an 'encouragement' than a 'reward', unlike colour pages. It rarely happens to series that are already well-established. Thank you very much k-dom...
  10. come come paradise

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Late to the party, but Togashi is indeed known for having done Level E without assistants. Or maybe is that the rumour you were talking about? Afaik there were assistants working on all of his other series, though, HxH included. He probably does what Jaymie says ^ for this series, work contracts...
  11. come come paradise

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Now now, every author in Jump has to be careful of rankings, I'm sure Amano has enough humility to realize that ^^" And good thing the Varia didn't appear, now that would've been over the top. Still not putting it past her. I was already meh about the Kokuyo gang. In any case, we see the...
  12. come come paradise

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    I disagree; there are few series as laden with fanservice as KHR is. But as you said it's not the same kind of fanservice as FT, of course you get a bit of lolis and boobs here and there but it's mostly female-oriented fanservice, aka pretty boys in pretty clothes being all gay for each other...
  13. come come paradise

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    I have to agree with this. I won't say I'm disappointed because for me these good ratings coincide with the chapters which turned this arc into a real one, not a lame sequence of one-on-one-fights with antagonists pulled out of nowhere and no real villain. But it's true they also coincide with...
  14. come come paradise

    Publisher Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings (2009-2015)

    Re: Weekly Oricon Comic Rankings Well we're not talking only about the volumes that were released during that time period, we're talking about all of the series' volumes. Of course the release of a new volume is the greatest boost a series can hope for, but OP is a bit particular in the...
  15. come come paradise

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Hmm, I have two stupid questions: 1) Is Magico pronounced Majico (as in the English "magic") or Maguico? I've been saying the former but I'm kinda starting to wonder. 2) Bleach's 10th anniversary is this year, right? Does anyone know what month? Will we be getting lots of tributes and stuff...
Top