Recent content by Dancing wind

  1. Dancing wind

    Done Help with a sentence

    Hello everyone! I haven't posted here for a long while. Can you help me with a sentence? I'm not sure I got it right. The context is that both the speaker and the girl with him are naked because their clothes got wet and they're waiting for them to dry. 俺はいいけど彼女まで素直に裸になんなくても この状態じゃ何話していいか。。。...
  2. Dancing wind

    Quiz Previous Quizzes Compilation Thread

    Re: 2012 Summer Quiz I failed to notice this thread until now :O Here are my answers for 3 and 4: Nice selection of words connected to summer! Thank you, mikkih! It reminds me of the way they picked season-related names in "7 Seeds".
  3. Dancing wind

    Discussion The Scavenger Hunt 2012 Discussion Thread

    Re: The Scavenger Hunt Sign-up Thread Count me in! :)
  4. Dancing wind

    Done [JP] Deciphering some grammar

    Thank you very much, mikkih! Your responses are always helpful! Now that I look at the sentences again, it all makes sense.
  5. Dancing wind

    Done [JP] Deciphering some grammar

    Hello everyone, I was trying to translate a chapter of Higanjima and everything was going well, until I got confused by the grammar and the colloquial endings again. I think I have gotten the meaning right from the context but without it I'd be lost. I have tried to find an explanation...
  6. Dancing wind

    Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

    Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread If they are 修験者 しゅげんじゃ (mountaineering ascetics), then my guess is something like "Well, well, so you must be the Buddhist priests of this mountain."
  7. Dancing wind

    Done [JP] 並び彼以上

    Now I get it! I have been breaking down the sentence in the wrong parts from the start! Thank you very much, cmertb!
  8. Dancing wind

    Done [JP] 並び彼以上

    I thought I got that right. Is the following correct? (かつて)発明家がいた。 = Once there were inventors / was an inventor. I have trouble understanding the meaning of 並び彼以上 in this context though.
  9. Dancing wind

    Done [JP] 並び彼以上

    Hello! Here I am with another question. かつてトーマス・エジソンと並び彼以上の天才と謳われた発明家がいた。 Translation attempt: What I can't grasp is whether the two are equal or the second one (who is Nikola Tesla) is a greater genius or Tesla is the greatest after Edison. The sentence is from Dimension W, by...
  10. Dancing wind

    Shounen Gamaran by NAKAMARU Yousuke

    I'm can't wait to see the next chapter! From all the people who could have interfered, Kashitarou is the only one who won't make Zenmaru look weak in this situation. Kashitarou might not be able to fight but he's definitely a genius of battle technique theory. Now with him guiding Zenmaru, all...
  11. Dancing wind

    Help [JP] The Official Kanji Ask-for-Help Thread

    Looks like 犠牲者 / ぎせいしゃ(victim) to me :)
  12. Dancing wind

    Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

    Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread Oh, dear, guess I should read Inuyasha. Sorry for the confusion.
  13. Dancing wind

    Useful Useful Links Thread!

    Here are some links for studying Japanese and translation which I use frequently. Renshuu - site for Japanese language study and practice Denshi Jisho (based on Jim Breen's WWWJDIC) - online dictionary Tae Kim's Guide to Japanese Grammar - has a searchable PDF version too ALC - very...
  14. Dancing wind

    Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

    Re: Short & Quick Translation Request Thread Here's my translation. I've left it a bit rough since you wanted to know exactly what they say ;) I haven't read Inuyasha and I have no idea what has happened before and after this scene so feel free to correct me. りんちゃんも楓ばあちゃんに預けられて暮らしている。...
Top